LeAnna (Mom) #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone here (can't remember who) made a highly intuitive remark about LH - they said that very likely LH was likely insecure (as was later confirmed by BencRea) and only loved Cooper if RH loved Cooper - was done with Cooper if RH was done with Cooper. Whatever RH did or felt, it governed a very insecure LH. And you don't have to be submissive to still be insecure.

But through her statements LH has more than proved herself to me to be self-focused. So it is not out of the question for me to feel she did not have a normal healthy bond with her child. That much I feel strongly about. I feel her own insecurity and negative self-fixation took precedence over being a mother. I have not made up my mind about her potential involvement. But the idea that she only loved Coopet as long as RH loved/wanted Cooper pervades my thoughts.

Her law firm might reconsider the person(s) they have spinning her PR. K-I-S-S is best. How about "Leanne is overwhelmed by the loss of her son and bewildered by the media scrutiny. She has continued to cooperate with investigators and fervently hopes there will be definitive answers soon regarding Cooper's death."

And of course we hope she is still cooperating with the investigators. I hope that she is part of trapping her husband.

BBM.

EXACTLY. Maybe LH should hire you to do her PR spin, lol!

The attorney's comment to the media was more harmful than helpful, IMO. "Bewildered by media scrutiny" would have gone a long way toward humanizing her icy, awkward persona, and confronted the issue head-on. No one perceives this woman as grieving her son, and that's a big problem for her to overcome in the public opinion.

Even something like, "Leanna is leaning strongly on her church and family to help her cope with Cooper's death", or something like that. Or even admit outright that she is deeply depressed and seeking help to cope, etc. That would go a long way toward humanizing her.

IMO, she is under a lot of police scrutiny and suspicion. I think the investigation isn't over, and she is very useful to them. They are watching her every move, every statement, every expression on her face. I think they probably have warrants to monitor her communications, too. JMO.

As far as LH not being able to "work", I'm sure it's the company she is employed with wants to distance themselves from her. I imagine none of her clients want her walking in the door right now either.

So, Zimmerman, stop blaming the media and the public and come clean and explain what she meant in her police statements and at the funeral.

And FWIW (probably not much, LOL!), I don't believe for a single second that this woman was abused in any way by RH, emotionally or otherwise.

I think he is extremely immature and selfish, and she knew and recognized that. I think she was trying to figure out how that fit into their marriage and lifestyle long term.

I'm trying to maintain an open mind until trial...but if this is her devastated, nightmare face, I want to buy stock in what she's on.

I'll say this. When a friend committed suicide his wife was just stoic. She was on meds. And it was obvious. It does not look like that to me. I do believe people grieve differently but this is odd to me. I would have had a huge reaction if I found out in court that my dh was sexting. So I have to believe she knew it before and was braced for it, prepared for it.

I'll say this. When a friend committed suicide his wife was just stoic. She was on meds. And it was obvious. It does not look like that to me. I do believe people grieve differently but this is odd to me. I would have had a huge reaction if I found out in court that my dh was sexting. So I have to believe she knew it before and was braced for it, prepared for it.

What about the testimony as to how Cooper died, she was prepared for that too I'm sure.

What about the testimony as to how Cooper died, she was prepared for that too I'm sure.

I have no answer for that. I don't think I would have been in that courtroom. I would have been in the hospital medicated. I don't know who some of these people are we see time after time not reacting to real pain that would really lay us out.

I just do not get it. I don't think she looks like a grieving mother personally. I would never think that looking at her, but it does not mean she isn't one.

I found this regarding iMessage and LE:

(snip)

So iMessages may not be interceptable from a suspect’s cell carrier, but Apple has to be capable of handing them over when the authorities come knocking with a warrant. In fact, all Apple has to do is provide the cops with an appropriate authentication token and they should, in principle, be able to turn an ordinary iPhone into a de facto clone of the suspect’s own device—so that iMessages show up on the police phone in realtime just as the suspect receives or sends them.

Much more @ Link

http://www.forbes.com/sites/timwors...ervice-really-uncrackable-by-law-enforcement/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not all is lost.

Some technical jargon here...

Apple stores a copy of ALL your texts to a file on your computer, buried deep into obscure nested folders. Regardless of whether its iMessages or not.

This snapshot is taken every time you sync your phone to computer. For iPhones that happens more frequently than you would think because apple makes you do everything through iTunes (and it can be a total pain in the tushy!!)

So if either LH/RH synced their phones at any time before deleting their texts, then LE still has access to their locally stored texts on computers.

Yes, I realize its a big IF, but I wanted to set the factoids straight.

That fact was made public very early in the press. I read only days after the story broke that she knew of his cheating AND had confronted him on it. So she knew before going into that courtroom.

Very likely she was on meds. However, I literally just went to a funeral four days ago - my bff's dad committed suicide. She was on meds. And she was still balling like crazy. She was out of it for sure and could be stoic - vacant - at times. But still highly emotional.

I don't buy it either. I think she's suppressing her sheer rage at RH for cheating on her and i think all her energy is spent on fixating on that and it is taking precedence over any focus on Cooper.

What I saw in that courtroom was a pissed off wife. Been there. Felt that. Looked like that.

This. I was 14 when my dad died of cancer. Way back then, people died at the hospital and because of his condition my parents both thought it better I did not see him toward the end (1968, different world, different parenting... they meant well). At any rate, the day he died I did not cry. Not even a little. I was a daddy's girl, and adored him.

So, to this day, I always give people a certain amount of leeway on grieving. No one could figure out why I was so strong. My own theory has always had to do with not seeing for the last couple of months. Because of that, the news of his death was very abstract to me, I think. Not really sure.

However, the night of the wake, although to this day, I don't remember this part, it took both of my brother in laws, one of whom was a very big, very tough Green Beret, to pull me, a skinny 14 year old, off the casket.

So, I could give LH a pass for her immediate lack of emotion. She could well have been in shock. But her behavior at both the funeral and the hearing? No. just no.

I tried to keep an open mind, but if anything this statement from her attorney has tipped me off the fence.
She is worried about her husband and herself.

My experience has been, when a family member or friend had a terminal illness, and I knew death was coming, when it finally did, I almost didn't know how to act. My emotions felt strange, even to me. I'm glad they are no longer suffering, I knew it was going to happen, all of that. But the breakdown still came.

But when I lost my child, unexpectedly, no warning, never dreamed it could happen- Total breakdown. couldn't hardly walk or talk. My mind couldn't accept it. For a long time I spoke of him in the present tense. I didn't try to speak at his funeral, it was all I could do to stand there and listen.
No way could I have called my mom and told her what happened or sat in that courtroom, listening to how my child suffered, with a bland look on my face, chomping gum. Her reactions are not of a mother who loved her child. HE IS GONE. That has to have registered with her mind. At least by the funeral or the court date.
All MOO.( and I do hold mama's to a higher standard.)

Yup, according to the timeline:

APRIL 2014 RH is unhappy w/Home Depot; says he was passed over for promotion. Feels angry.

Within two months of JUNE 18, 2014 RH accesses the “Child-Free” Sub-Reddit, reading at least 4 articles (and discussion threads?) on the subject. He researches “How to survive prison,” watches a TV program on the Turn Around (or Look Back) program, which reminds parents to always look in the back seat to prevent forgetting a child there; RH would later tell LE he had practiced it often. He also visits several web sites showing graphic images or videos of people dying or being killed.

MAY 2014 RH interviews with Chik-Fil-A Corporate; does not get the job. Feels depressed.

MAY 2014 (6 wks before 6/18/14) Cooper gets a new forward-facing big-boy car seat.

JUNE 5, 2014 RH is sexting w/a female whom he informs that his child and wife are present. When the other participant, upon learning this, asks RH whether he has any conscience at all, he answers: “Nope.”

~June 5, 2014 Although Cooper has been riding in his new car seat for ~4 weeks, RH switches with LH at this time, going back to using the too-small, rear-facing car seat Cooper will die in two weeks later, on June 18.

JUNE 13, 2014 RH watches a video for the second time: Veterinarian Ernie Ward's demonstration of the suffering dogs are subjected to when left in a hot car, including details of temperature increases and effects as time passes over a 30-minute period. [snipped]. (Unclear: date/time RH watched this video for the first time.)

Some time prior to the evening of JUNE 18, 2014 RH has deleted multiple records from his phones, computers, and presumably other electronic devices.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

JUNE 18, 2014 – the day of Cooper's death

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?249213-Timeline-Background-June-18th-and-follow-up

BBM these are interesting to me because isn't June 5 also the date that RH met up with the underaged sexting partner at that park? Rope Mill Park, I think is the name?

BBM these are interesting to me because isn't June 5 also the date that RH met up with the underaged sexting partner at that park? Rope Mill Park, I think is the name?

They confirmed two nights ago that the adult woman he met in the park in Woodstock was NOT the underage minor.

I have no answer for that. I don't think I would have been in that courtroom. I would have been in the hospital medicated. I don't know who some of these people are we see time after time not reacting to real pain that would really lay us out.

I just do not get it. I don't think she looks like a grieving mother personally. I would never think that looking at her, but it does not mean she isn't one.

I think she is a grieving WIFE JMO

I understand what you are saying. But how different is this from those Mothers who watch as their husbands and boyfriends beat their children to death. Next to the article will be a picture of a darling child, dressed up and smiling...one recently was next to her birthday cake.

They look loved.

But the Mothers value the men so much that they can see the pain inflicted and turn away. Later they help in a coverup or lie to police.

It's sadly not uncommon.

"I'm doing this for you." What did that mean? Is LH stating this is a public show for YOU, Ross, not the last goodbye to our Baby? It is not just the fact that LH seems emotionless in the face of the terrible way her son died. She has plenty of emotion. But it is all for RH!!!

Her attorney misses the mark saying she does not want to cry or show emotion in public....she HAS! She is like a tigress, protecting her cub...but the cub is ROSS!

This is the disparity that the public is noticing about her.

She has shown plenty of emotion throughout this. But it is all about Ross, for Ross, not Cooper. Even her little list of why she would not bring Cooper back...wasn't that just a list of excuses as to why this child's death isn't such a bad thing...to excuse her husband? All about Ross again...

It's like if your husband breaks a favorite antique vase, you say.."well, it was old. The color wasn't great in this room. It leaked a bit. No problem." LH essentially gave a "no problem" speech defending her husband at her dead child's funeral!

Even when she finds out what happened...does she go to her child...or her husband? Who does she pick? I know it was too late to comfort Cooper but there is usually some instinct just to touch him, cover him...something. But she is instead...comforting the man who left him to die.

So her lawyer misunderstands. The public has seen plenty of fire and emotion and protective spirit from LH. It just hasn't been toward her Baby. It's been for her..."Man."

I have been thinking this since the funeral! It's all about her having a man. She even stated how hard her school years were. Was RH possibly her first and only boyfriend? And you're right, she's not the first to sacrifice her child to keep a man.

This. I was 14 when my dad died of cancer. Way back then, people died at the hospital and because of his condition my parents both thought it better I did not see him toward the end (1968, different world, different parenting... they meant well). At any rate, the day he died I did not cry. Not even a little. I was a daddy's girl, and adored him.

So, to this day, I always give people a certain amount of leeway on grieving. No one could figure out why I was so strong. My own theory has always had to do with not seeing for the last couple of months. Because of that, the news of his death was very abstract to me, I think. Not really sure.

However, the night of the wake, although to this day, I don't remember this part, it took both of my brother in laws, one of whom was a very big, very tough Green Beret, to pull me, a skinny 14 year old, off the casket.

So, I could give LH a pass for her immediate lack of emotion. She could well have been in shock. But her behavior at both the funeral and the hearing? No. just no.

I tried to keep an open mind, but if anything this statement from her attorney has tipped me off the fence.
She is worried about her husband and herself.

(above, bbm)
Jump ahead to 1980, my dad. Same situation. I'm right there with you. Not everyone grieves the same...but now, as an adult, with my own children...if this happened to one of my kids, they'd probably have to scrape me up off the floor. Not sure exactly what I'm trying to say, except that I've been there -- the quiet, stoic griever, when I was 15, and it was my dad. Even having said that, and as a parent, I find her lack of emotion -- beyond that, her calm boredom, during the hearing, when all kinds of awful things were coming out....suspect. So, in short, I agree with you. :)

People react to grief very differently. Some go numb. Some bawl. I vomit. My closest friend goes stone-faced and catatonic. You cannot, in my humble opinion, judge someone's grief by their outward appearance as you cannot judge someone's guilt and/or involvement by their expression or appearance at a funeral. I recall reading general discussion threads here (on Somer Thompson) prior to joining Websleuths. This little girl had been abducted, raped and murdered on the way home from school in her own neighborhood after running off from her siblings. The things said about her mother's attire and demeanor the day Somer Thompson was buried were shameful. It later came out her mother had ZERO involvement. I know that this is a forum for crime sleuthing and part of that involves speculation. I don't really think judging someone's outward appearances as 'bad' or 'telling' is accurate or appropriate, though.

This is obviously just my opinion.

I think once LE has the communication records in hand, they will have both a more complete picture of what happened and quite possibly the "smoking gun" for both RH and LH. As I said way back during the first week of this case it was my opinion that ..... the electronics will tell the tale.

BBM for focus:

In my opinion,,,,, Yes they would. :twocents:
Disagree because I've done Home Health for many years. You have alot of freedom. You set your own schedules with your clients. Unless the media is following her around like paparazzi, they wouldn't know where she is going to be when. You don't even go into the corporate office every day.

They confirmed two nights ago that the adult woman he met in the park in Woodstock was NOT the underage minor.

Yea, I wonder what "things" they met up to do!

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: And from looking at the contacts, detective, did you confirm via picture and name and was this a female?
STODDARD: The profile that she put online is that she was a female.
UNIDENTIFIED MALE: And in addition to that, we talked about fantasy and things like that. Did you confirm through texts and things like that that this was more than fantasy, that he'd actually met up for things?
STODDARD: Yes.
UNIDENTIFIED MALE: And one of those occasions at Rope Mill (ph) Park in Cherokee County?
STODDARD: That is correct.
UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Detective, in that same -- on the 5th of June, he talks about being a guitar player with this girl. She asks him about cheating on his wife. Did she ask him a question about his conscience?
STODDARD: She did.
UNIDENTIFIED MALE: What did she ask him?
UNIDENTIFIED MALE: She is this other girl he is sexting with.
STODDARD: She says something to the fact of, do you have a conscience?
UNIDENTIFIED MALE: And what was his response?
STODDARD: Nope.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...tes-statements-interviews-testimony-and-video

This says it all for me anyway but doesn't account for much regarding LH's part in any of it other than her watching the hot car video herself. Just a gut feeling but, I think she may have been in tune with his propensity to leaving the baby in a hot car from a previous incident. There's just too much focus on his researching the subject only to have it happen in such a short timeframe. Could account for her kneejerk reaction "Ross must have left him in the car" but doesn't account for the rest of her blurtings at the funeral regarding not bringing her child back into this cruel world yet in the same breath states her plans for other children. Then there's that famous uttering "I'm doing this for you" Ross. Doing what for him? Supporting him even though she knows this didn't have to happen. Complete fail on being supportive of her only child.

Exactly exactly!!! And instead of sympathy it makes her look insensitive and selfish- as in "feel sorry for me, even though I'd never want anyone who ever loved Cooper to have him in their lives again."

I keep reminding myself that the twisted theory that its "selfish" to deny a child his place in heaven is completely and utterly disregard how selfish it is to deny the living souls on earth the privilege and joy to have that child in their lives (grandparents, family, unborn potential future offspring of that child). It's utterly selfish and absurd to think that a mother and/or father are the only people on the planet who are impacted by that child's life - and to express any notion that supports that ideology only demonstrates a true selfishness - which let me point out is NOT valued by GOD in any religious denomination - and any true so-called "extremely religious" person would already know that self-centeredness is discouraged.

LH knows this too - so I don't fall for it for one second. She was basically saying SHE didn't want to have to watch Cooper go through any of those (minor) life trivials - this was all about HER and what she wanted or didn't want to see Cooper experience. This is all about HER desires, with no regard for what Cooper may have wanted.

For all she knows, Cooper may have been a social butterfly and been the hit of the lunchroom, never sit alone, or be a wonderful magnetic person who finds the love of his life instead of finding heartbreak. His future was not hers to determine or state that she would deny him of that given the cance to get it back. This is ALL about her.

Ugh, I'm sorry but her brand of self-fixation defies my level of patience.... Sorry for venting

Thank-you for stating what I have been thinking. What was selfish was to deny Cooper the chance to have a life to become anything he wanted to and to experience the joys- yet... she wants more kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crimecat8