LeAnna (Mom) #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we all appreciate the fact that everyone grieves differently. The posters here are not hardhearted by nature, and I think you'll find that out yourself, if you continue to post here. But I'm going to say again, what I said before. Even her mom, who knows her better than any of us on this board, was shocked by how she was acting. Surely her mom, who has known her for 20+ years, can be considered more in the "know" about her daughter, than us.

It's not just how she grieves that most are basing their opinions on. That's only one component - one of the many red flags people are sensing. In and of themselves, one of these things you could chalk up to a fluke, but put them all together, and it is suspicious to many.

I'm quoting you because when you said that about her mom, it made me remember something she said at Cooper's funeral.

I've bolded that part below. And it makes me wonder if others, in her immediate circle of family and friends, were questioning her lack of emotion as well, and that's why she felt the need to address it in her speech. I don't know, just something that made me think.

"Any of that time that I spend doing over and over and over, I would never trade that. Cooper's last two nights at home, he had trouble sleeping," she said, calling it unusual. During the last two nights, "he slept in between me and Ross snuggling in between both of us. I remember turning over in the middle of the night, his mouth was open and his full toddler lips just breathing right into my face. I will cherish that moment forever. Some of you might wonder how I'm even standing here today. I wonder that myself and I asked myself that question over and over the last week," she said.

"I should be crumpled into a heap of snot and tears into the dirt, but the Lord is holding me up right now. He is holding Ross up. And he is holding both of us up when we can't hold ourselves up. I miss my son and I will miss him forever."

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2014/06/30/georgia-toddler-hot-car-cooper-harris-leanna-funeral

The male daycare employee (TJ) asked her to call Ross and find out what happened after she kept insisting that Ross left Cooper in the car and they were trying to console her and were totally confused as to why she was adamant that that was the only explanation. He tells her to call Ross and find out and she responds that Ross' phone was going "straight to voicemail".

That comment bugs me. He was using it at the scene, his friends texted him about being late to the movie and that came through. Why couldn't Leanna get through to him? Was he declining her calls sending them straight to VM? We know he connected to Toddler Room 5 from his phone at the scene. Did she try to text him? Did she call him more than once?

I know its small, but unless Ross was purposely declining her calls when they were coming in, I do not believe his phone was going straight to voicemail. Especially if she tried more than once. BS.

I understand that, but he was USING his phone at the scene. He had a six minute phone call. That is well documented. If she happened to call him while he was dialing out it may have gone to VM. If she repeatedly tried, even one more time, it would have gone through and not straight to voicemail. So either she didn't call more than once, or he was ignoring her and sending her calls to voicemail. Or she just had no sense of urgency. Did she text if she couldn't get him to answer?

IIRC, Alex Hall also testified that his calls to RH from the movie went straight to voice mail. I believe at the point LH and AH were trying to call him, LE already had his phone and probably turned it off.

You had a great timeline re the phone calls/texts--thanks for posting it. I'm copy/pasting it below with just a couple additions in boldface from my own notes...it makes it clear why LH got no reply from RH, I think.

4:25 (approximate)

1. Ross Calls Leanna. She does not pick up
2. Ross Call Home Depot Corporate Center Main Number
3. Ross Calls Home Depot Corporate Center Main Number again, 6 minute phone call that is tracked back to Toddler Room #5.

4:32 Ross ends the 6 minute phone call (approximate) which was connected to toddler room #5

LE overhear RH telling someone on the phone that his child died. LE asks him to get off phone—he denies talking on phone. Female LE asks RH again to get off the phone. He responds, "[Expletive] you!" LE cuffs him, put him in patrol car, [and likely take his phone and turn it off, though this is not certain. We do know they have his phone for evidence, later.]

4:51 Leanna attempts to pick up Cooper at daycare and is notified that he was never dropped off.

Leanna states that she’s not sure what to do; walks to lobby.

Leanna immediately claims that "Ross left Cooper in the car" and is adamant that this is the only explanation
Leanna tells TJ that Ross' phone is going straight to vm
Leanna asks TJ to take her to Ross at HD (apparently doesn't know he was going to the movies).
Leanna is notified at HD that Cooper is dead.
Leanna states "this is my worst fear"
Leanna tells her mom that Cooper is dead, mom becomes hysterical and asks Leanna why she is not crying, not emotional.
Leanna states she must be in shock

4:58 p.m.: Cobb County police spokesman Officer Mike Bowman confirms the toddler has been pronounced dead. A crowd has gathered on the sidewalks of the shopping center. Harris, police later confirm, is now in handcuffs and in the back of a patrol car because he refuses to cooperate with officers. The SUV and child’s body are soon part of a crime scene investigation, and Harris is driven away.

Leanna goes to the police department where she remains unemotional and where she finds a fretting Ross concerned that he will be punished. Leanna asks Ross "Did you say too much?"

5:30 P.M(appx). Ross' friend texts him from the movies asking him where he is. *AH also testifies that his phone call(s) to RH during that last half hour went straight to voicemail.

I really truly want to believe LH had nothing at all to do with this. I want to see her listening to the evidence against him and becoming more and more angry. I want to see the angry outburst, people holding her back from attacking him and killing RH herself. I understand that God can hold a person up in their moment of grief. I really do. That said, I am afraid I just can't shake two things...

"I was worried about how he would look" and "Did you say too much"? Seriously? I mean.... there are MANY things I can imagine them saying to one another if they were innocent. Things like "oh my God, how did this happen?" or even "Honey, it's okay, we'll get through this" or flat out "How the hell could you be so stupid!?" but "Did you say too much"???? Nope.

My youngest boy is 9 months old. Seeing little Cooper's pictures reminds me so much of him. I couldn't stop holding him and hugging him yesterday after reading here all day. This was the first time I'd really dug into this story and it hit me really, really hard.

I'm quoting you because when you said that about her mom, it made me remember something she said at Cooper's funeral.

I've bolded that part below. And it makes me wonder if others, in her immediate circle of family and friends, were questioning her lack of emotion as well, and that's why she felt the need to address it in her speech. I don't know, just something that made me think.

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2014/06/30/georgia-toddler-hot-car-cooper-harris-leanna-funeral

I have considered since the beginning of this case that it is very possible Leanna's behavior is some sort of reflection of Stockholm Syndrome or as a battered spouse who pretends there is nothing negative going on. But if that's the case and as time moves forward, instead of wasting time threatening to sue the media, her family should be encouraging her to file for divorce and get herself into therapy. Because if she in any way had knowledge that Ross intended to do this or had done it before, she's going to be prosecuted for it.

JMO

I really truly want to believe LH had nothing at all to do with this. I want to see her listening to the evidence against him and becoming more and more angry. I want to see the angry outburst, people holding her back from attacking him and killing RH herself. I understand that God can hold a person up in their moment of grief. I really do. That said, I am afraid I just can't shake two things...

"I was worried about how he would look" and "Did you say too much"? Seriously? I mean.... there are MANY things I can imagine them saying to one another if they were innocent. Things like "oh my God, how did this happen?" or even "Honey, it's okay, we'll get through this" or flat out "How the hell could you be so stupid!?" but "Did you say too much"???? Nope.

My youngest boy is 9 months old. Seeing little Cooper's pictures reminds me so much of him. I couldn't stop holding him and hugging him yesterday after reading here all day. This was the first time I'd really dug into this story and it hit me really, really hard.

Welcome mymadori :grouphug: I know exactly how you feel. Caylee Anthony brought me to Websleuths a few years ago. Now Cooper has brought me back even though I said I would never get sucked in again.

You know, that quote of hers (below):

"I should be crumpled into a heap of snot and tears into the dirt, but the Lord is holding me up right now. He is holding Ross up. And he is holding both of us up when we can't hold ourselves up. I miss my son and I will miss him forever."

Who talks like that at a funeral? "A heap of snot and tears...?" That phrase of hers just really bothers me. It's like..there's this sarcastic edge to it. I sure don't want to pick apart every little thing she says...but I wonder, did that phrase hit anyone else wrong? I mean, is that just the way young people talk today?

You know, that quote of hers (below):

Who talks like that at a funeral? "A heap of snot and tears...?" That phrase of hers just really bothers me. It's like..there's this sarcastic edge to it. I sure don't want to pick apart every little thing she says...but I wonder, did that phrase hit anyone else wrong?

I think I know what you're getting at. Almost like those exact words are a 'slight' or 'dig' toward someone? Kind of like an inside joke?

Am I making any sense here, lol?!

Most parents, like you, who research this and other child safety issues do so with a view to educating themselves and, having educated themselves, they then implement risk controls in order to prevent harm from coming to their children. The Harrises researched hot car deaths and which risk controls did they implement? That would be precisely - none.

Does this make them more guilty to you all as well? Because if it's your greatest fear in the world, and you research it extensively, yet don't try to prevent it (a simple daily alarm installed once and that automatically repeats itself in phone could do wonders), does that alone make you neglectful in this case?

What I mean is.. Even if he accidently forgot, can they still say he's guilty of neglect because he shouldn't have forgotten since he was so aware of the risks involved and should have implemented certains that that could have prevented Cooper from dying?

IIRC, Alex Hall also testified that his calls to RH from the movie went straight to voice mail. I believe at the point LH and AH were trying to call him, LE already had his phone and probably turned it off.

You had a great timeline re the phone calls/texts--thanks for posting it. I'm copy/pasting it below with just a couple additions in boldface from my own notes...it makes it clear why LH got no reply from RH, I think.

3. Ross Calls Home Depot Corporate Center Main Number again, 6 minute phone call that is tracked back to Toddler Room #5.

4:32 Ross ends the 6 minute phone call (approximate) which was connected to toddler room #5

LE overhear RH telling someone on the phone that his child died. LE asks him to get off phone—he denies talking on phone. Female LE asks RH again to get off the phone. He responds, "F___ you!" LE cuffs him, put him in patrol car, [and likely take his phone and turn it off, though this is not certain. We do know they have his phone for evidence, later.]

4:51 Leanna attempts to pick up Cooper at daycare and is notified that he was never dropped off.

Leanna immediately claims that "Ross left Cooper in the car" and is adamant that this is the only explanation
Leanna asks TJ to take her to Ross at HD (apparently doesn't know he was going to the movies).
Leanna tells her mom that Cooper is dead, mom becomes hysterical and asks Leanna why she is not crying, not emotional.

4:58 p.m.: Cobb County police spokesman Officer Mike Bowman confirms the toddler has been pronounced dead. A crowd has gathered on the sidewalks of the shopping center. Harris, police later confirm, is now in handcuffs and in the back of a patrol car because he refuses to cooperate with officers. The SUV and child’s body are soon part of a crime scene investigation, and Harris is driven away.

Leanna goes to the police department where she remains unemotional and where she finds a fretting Ross concerned that he will be punished. Leanna asks Ross "Did you say too much?"

5:30 P.M(appx). Ross' friend texts him from the movies asking him where he is. *AH also testifies that his phone call(s) to RH during that last half hour went straight to voicemail.

Thank you! This is great. He's on the phone around 4:32 ish. He gets cuffed. Le probably had his phone. BUT why do we think LE would have turned his phone off? I have the opposite assumption. At this point, they know there is a dead child on the ground, in full rigor, and the father is acting erratic, back and forth between screaming and then standing there with calmly with a blank look on his face. THEN he walks away from his dead baby after a half *advertiser censored** attempt at CPR and leaves a stranger to do it. He walks away and gets on the phone.

If LE thought this was a grieving father trying to call his wife why would they demand he get off the phone? I think its because it was all disturbing and weird from the get go and LE was flabbergasted by what they were seeing. He gets in a verbal altercation with LE and at this point LE is likely already suspicious of his behavior (due to the appearance of Cooper and the behavior of Ross) when he is on the phone....why do we think that LE would turn the phone off if they took it from him?

I think just the opposite. I think they would leave it on, even if it is too see who is calling him, who is texting this father with the baby in full rigor on the ground? Everything is evidence from the moment they are on the scene, every observation becomes testimony. Why would they turn his phone off? I don't think they would. I really don't.

Just my opinion.

I think the detective testified the Governor's campaign had no bearing on their research. There is no innocent explanation on why either of them did such research. Their son did die in a hot car.

JMO

I think the key is knowing exactly what she researched. Was it "how to avoid forgetting your child in a hot car" or was it "how long does it take for a child (or Pet) to die in a hot car".

I have said before there is no reason to research how long it takes. We all know leaving a child in a hot car will kill them. So if the research says it takes 2 hours are you going to leave them there for 1 hour? Of course not.

I often have at least one dog with me in the car. It is very simple in even moderately warm weather. They are not left in the car. Period.

In fact I have a Vet Appt. this evening. I also have a couple of errands I have been wanting to get to and it dawned on me earlier today that I can leave a little early for the vet and get the errands covered because I need to go to Home Depot and to Petsmart. Lily, the dog who has the appt. is welcome, as all dogs are, in both stores.
However, my final errand, the Market, will have to wait for another time, as she is not welcome there

I don't need to know how long it would take for her to die in the car. I just know not to leave her in it.

And would they not answer a call from his wife to alert her that her son was dead? Or at least hand him the phone so he could do it?

No, not necessarily. They could have put it in an evidence bag. They could have turned it off and put it in their pocket. They could have put it somewhere secure like locked it in a police car.

Spice, I'm with you. I don't think they turned his phone off either.

I couldn't tell by reading the warrants if LE only took RH's phones and computers, or if Leanna's were included in the warrant. Anyone know? If her stuff was included, we don't know, but LE would know by now (hopefully) who made and received calls...........like when she supposedly called RH and it went to voicemail etc. Info from all that stuff should clear up a lot of confusion and may make the difference between LH being charged or not. JMO

Spice, I'm with you. I don't think they turned his phone off either.

I don't believe it for a minute. No way were the police like " Let me just turn off this real time evidence machine."

I could be wrong of course, but that is just my :moo:

LE overhear RH telling someone on the phone that his child died. LE asks him to get off phone—he denies talking on phone. Female LE asks RH again to get off the phone. He responds, "F___ you!" LE cuffs him, put him in patrol car, [and likely take his phone and turn it off, though this is not certain. We do know they have his phone for evidence, later.]

Hold on, he only tried Leanna's telephone once? Just comparing it to my own experiences but when I heard my grandfather passed away I kept calling my parents nonstop to hear confirmation, share my grief. I find it kind of weird he didn't (hysterically) keep dialling Leanna to tell her what was happening to their son. Or another friend or family member. I might be nitpicking though lol.

Hold on, he only tried Leanna's telephone once? Just comparing it to my own experiences but when I heard my grandfather passed away I kept calling my parents nonstop to hear confirmation, share my grief. I find it kind of weird he didn't (hysterically) keep dialling Leanna to tell her what was happening to their son. Or another friend or family member. I might be nitpicking though lol.

And then, directly after, he has a 6 minute long call tracked back to Coopers room, Toddler Room #5 at the daycare.

It is so weird.

Thank you! This is great. He's on the phone around 4:32 ish. He gets cuffed. Le probably had his phone. BUT why do we think LE would have turned his phone off? I have the opposite assumption. At this point, they know there is a dead child on the ground, in full rigor, and the father is acting erratic, back and forth between screaming and then standing there with calmly with a blank look on his face. THEN he walks away from his dead baby after a half *advertiser censored** attempt at CPR and leaves a stranger to do it. He walks away and gets on the phone.

If LE thought this was a grieving father trying to call his wife why would they demand he get off the phone? I think its because it was all disturbing and weird from the get go and LE was flabbergasted by what they were seeing. He gets in a verbal altercation with LE and at this point LE is likely already suspicious of his behavior (due to the appearance of Cooper and the behavior of Ross) when he is on the phone....why do we think that LE would turn the phone off if they took it from him?

I think just the opposite. I think they would leave it on, even if it is too see who is calling him, who is texting this father with the baby in full rigor on the ground? Everything is evidence from the moment they are on the scene, every observation becomes testimony. Why would they turn his phone off? I don't think they would. I really don't.

Just my opinion.

Good info but we don't really know the timeline of the calls yet, or when LE took his phone and cuffed him. Like you said witnesses saw him screaming and yelling, then standing there blankly. Also, a witness reported seeing him pulling branches or leaves off trees at the scene. All of that had to have been before the last call he made when the phone was taken from him. He could have made a call, then yelled, then made another call, then abused some trees.

We need those AT&T records now!

And then, directly after, he has a 6 minute long call tracked back to Coopers room, Toddler Room #5 at the daycare.

It is so weird.

Exactly. 6 minute conversation is a very long time. "Something happened to Cooper. I'm with the police. I need you to tell Leanna to call me. I need to call my parents." That wouldn't take much time. Who's he talking to? Why is he chatting while his child lays there dead? SO weird.

Good info but we don't really know the timeline of the calls yet, or when LE took his phone and cuffed him. Like you said witnesses saw him screaming and yelling, then standing there blankly. Also, a witness reported seeing him pulling branches or leaves off trees at the scene. All of that had to have been before the last call he made when the phone was taken from him. He could have made a call, then yelled, then made another call, then abused some trees.

We need those AT&T records now!

Sigh. I'm so impatient. I always join the discussion when we're already very close to trial. This waiting thing is new for me. :gaah:

I don't believe it for a minute. No way were the police like " Let me just turn off this real time evidence machine."

I could be wrong of course, but that is just my :moo:

I'm going with bagging it for evidence most likely. But I could be wrong too.

Is it possible RH stuck it in his pocket when the officer made him get off the phone finally? Then he was handcuffed, heard it ringing away but couldn't answer it. It would then be taken for evidence later when at the police station.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper