LeAnna (Mom) #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm willing to concede that it was probably appropriate for JRH's brother to take control of the finances at that time. Obviously he couldn't do it himself and his brother probably offered, thinking it was something he could do to help out.

I think the wording "took control" is what is bothersome, but we don't know what that means exactly. It could be a POA, or it could be "our bank login is ___ and password is ___ and there's a list of our monthly bills in the top desk drawer." It's unpleasant but the funeral home would have needed to know how the services would be paid for, and maybe needed something up front.

This is another issue that needs context for us to know what it really means.

Sent from my KFAPWI using Tapatalk

I'm willing to concede that it was probably appropriate for JRH's brother to take control of the finances at that time. Obviously he couldn't do it himself and his brother probably offered, thinking it was something he could do to help out.

I think the wording "took control" is what is bothersome, but we don't know what that means exactly. It could be a POA, or it could be "our bank login is ___ and password is ___ and there's a list of our monthly bills in the top desk drawer." It's unpleasant but the funeral home would have needed to know how the services would be paid for, and maybe needed something up front.

We really don't know a lot do we? Whether it is to act in a certain capacity with limited scope (aka one particular bank account or insurance matters we don't know). Aside from how any of us feel towards LH at this time fact is there may be some business matters that JRH's brother could assist the family with during this challenging time.

It could be there are other matters 'pending' at this time that none of us yet are privy to.

Well if I was LH and JRH somehow gave his brother the control of OUR finances I'd be very upset but I suppose there may be something financial where LH and JRH have different interests and it wouldn't do for LH to sign for him, from JRH's point of view.

Well if I was LH and JRH somehow gave his brother the control of OUR finances I'd be very upset but I suppose there may be something financial where LH and JRH have different interests and it wouldn't do for LH to sign for him, from JRH's point of view.

I'd be cheesed...that's for sure. I do wonder though if he needs to sign off on the business interests that he shared with his buddies on the new 'start up'. That would be legit.

And could it be there's a matrimonial matter pending?

I don't get why it would be appropriate for js brother to take over the finances when J has a wife. The majority of married couples dont give someone other than their spouse financial control.
My hunch is JH is hiding something.
If I was LH I would have my attny check into that real quick.

I don't get why it would be appropriate for js brother to take over the finances when J has a wife. The majority of married couples dont give someone other than their spouse financial control.

it's stinky.....and the only thing that could/would be legit in MOO would be the start up with boys ..that's a generous stretch too

it's stinky.....and the only thing that could/would be legit in MOO would be the start up with boys ..that's a generous stretch too

You could be right....maybe JH thought his brother would handle the new business better than LH. IDK but this bugs me. :)

Maybe JRH gave his brother POA for HIS financial matters, not LH's. No one can take away her power over her financial matters without just cause. She hired a criminal defense attorney didn't she? JMO JMO

I'm confused. What does him having given of power of financial atty document relate to her giving her approval? Anyone can do such to represent their signature financially in Georgia without anyone else approval :moo:

I'm not catching why she would have to approve of such? What am I missing? I'll keep reading thread as a little behind.

:seeya: tlcya :blowkiss:

:wave: atthelake earlier we were speculating whether the finances (bank accounts,etc.) were jointly held by RH and his wife LH or if everything was in RH alone name. I agree, if the finances were not jointly held/titled and had RH name alone on them then a simple power of attorney naming the brother agent would suffice. But if jointly held by both RH and LH we were thinking that LH could simply handle things in his absence or if not jointly held alternately RH could name his wife the POA/agent.

I suspect that if LH is also listed on those accounts that maybe the brother has been named POA/agent for finance because there is a worry that LH will soon be charged and unable to access those finances, therefore a third party, the brother, has been named.

ETA IMO it is unusual within a marriage for a spouse to give POA over their finances to someone other than the spouse. The only time I see someone else named is in circumstances where the spouse is demented or not competent to handle the family finance for some reason. Otherwise it is more normal IMO to simply have your spouse take over that role til you can return to it.

Maybe JRH gave his brother POA for HIS financial matters, not LH's. No one can take away her power over her financial matters without just cause. She hired a criminal defense attorney didn't she? JMO JMO

I'm nosy and want to know WHY her BIL has POA of either one of their finances. :eek:hdear:
You asked if LH hired an attorney... I don't know if she's actually paying for one, he could be working pro bono but yeah she has one.

If Ross' brother has a full picture of the couple's finances, than he must have access to all of Leanna's bank accounts too. JMO

The point being, though, that SHE is his wife and most likely should have been given POA over his portion of their finances. Why a third party? That is kinda hinky IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, y'all!

The point being, though, that SHE is his wife and most likely should have been given POA over his portion of their finances. Why a third party? That is kinda hinky IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, y'all!

Maybe Leanne is too emotionally distraught to handle the family finances so Ross's brother is helping them both out. MOO.

The Homer fund paid up to $10,000 for a funeral, so that is not an issue.

What about LH? Doesn't she exist?

If Ross' brother has a full picture of the couple's finances, than he must have access to all of Leanna's bank accounts too. JMO

Except any private accounts that she may have? JMO

How could the brother pay for things from RH account as he had no job with money coming in. Only LH would have an income.

How could the brother pay for things from RH account at he had no job with money coming in. Only LH would have an income.
Ross was expecting the life insurance to pay out.
;)That's how the funeral/bail was to be paid for don't cha know?

At the time the brother took over RH's accounts there may have been some anticipation that money would be coming in through the insurance policies and donations. jmo

At the time the brother took over RH's accounts there may have been some anticipation that money would be coming in through the insurance policies and donations. jmo

Oh yeah. I forgot about the donations. That does make sense...LH might not have wanted to deal with the donations, and they probably anticipated using the money for his legal expenses. Still, as a spouse, I'd be very, very reluctant to give up or share control of the money with an in-law (and I adore my in-laws!).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
california_girl