LeAnna (Mom) #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Homer fund paid up to $10,000 for a funeral, so that is not an issue.

What about LH? Doesn't she exist?

According to the article, this took place at the time funeral arrangements were being discussed, which means it was before they knew the Homer Fund was going to pay for the funeral.

As I said in my first paragraph, perhaps the brother thought it was something he could do to help JRH and LH out so they didn't have to think about bill paying at that time. And that's why it's important to note that the article says "took control" of the finances rather than "was named Power of Attorney" because it's possible that he only "took control' as in, accessed online banking to send bill payments, rather than having 100% control over every single dime they had.

When someone dies, people do a lot of things to help out - they bring food so a family doesn't have to cook, they offer rides so a family doesn't have to drive or worry about gas/car maintenance, they babysit children so the parents can take care of things without having to look after kids, they help with household chores. It's not unusual to think that a sibling would offer to take care of financial matters for a time, especially since JRH was incarcerated.

The only thing we have for reference here is the article that says Baygents took control of the finances. We don't know what "took control" actually means in this situation.

spokeo is notoriously wrong IME. I do not use this search as a means to locate current addresses at work for this reason.

Surely there would have been media coverage of their belongings being moved out, wouldn't you think?
I don't know. I don't see her returning anytime soon and I thought it was reported that she moved to Alabama on July 11. That would have given her and the family a week to pack up.
Maybe she is still renting it. Id be afraid all my stuff would end up on the street.
ETA: white pages does have JRH listed as living there.

Possible moving out is occurring more discretely if its happening at all. With her now in Alabama and the press up her butt there, things around the condo could be very quite right now and RH brother who now "controls" the finances (whatever that means) may have arranged for the household items to be packed up and moved to storage for now while LH is staying with family and friends in Alabama.

I don't know. I don't see her returning anytime soon and I thought it was reported that she moved to Alabama on July 11. That would have given her and the family a week to pack up.
Maybe she is still renting it. Id be afraid all my stuff would end up on the street.

Rent is usually due the first of the month and covers the entire month. The landlord has been publicly supportive so I doubt he'll kick her out. He may even waive her rent.

The paparazzi are going to be following Leanna no matter where she lives.

JMO

Possible moving out is occurring more discretely if its happening at all. With her now in Alabama and the press up her butt there, things around the condo could be very quite right now and RH brother who now "controls" the finances (whatever that means) may have arranged for the household items to be packed up and moved to storage for now while LH is staying with family and friends in Alabama.

that's what I was half thinking too -- it would be very cool if someone could step in and look after the logistics of moving for her this point

Moving is very very expensive unless she ditches everything she owns of any size.

lol JMO Not when the "lord" is on her side JMO

lol JMO Not when the "lord" is on her side JMO
I may be down that way on Wednesday, I might see if we can swing by, see if we see anything, like a for rent sign...
or for sale sign.
I doubt that. It was purchased in 2008 for ~$100,000 it's worth less than $75,000 now.
Not a great return on his investment. Especially if he is renting it for $900/mo and paying $200 something for HOA fees.

Is there a good reason why RH's brother would take over?
This is odd...did you ever find out if they had or attended a strict church? Only men are allowed to be in charge of the household?

Yes,if she was raised to be submissive to the "leader"or "head of the household." In order to be this way I'd expect a lifetime of abusive up bringing possibly using "religion" to justify the abuse.
I think she's delusional and not sane.

Does anyone feel it is beyond Ross and Leanna to threaten the other with divorce or separation? If not, who would have done the threatening? I believe it would be Leanna since she took some time away from Ross in late May (during their wedding anniversary?) I wonder if there were other times like this and Ross took the step of using Cooper as a pawn in punishing his wife? JMO

I would bet that LH had ''2nd'' thoughts IF she really did know about JRH messing about.....
I doubt she was thrilled about leaving her hometown advantage so late in her pregnancy and being isolated while hubby was busy with his first job in his chosen career after his recent graduation.

We have no info about when she returned to work but I feel that she may have returned to work to ensure her own financial safety.

She had supported JRH while he was in school and they lived with her mom so she had definitely supported him in the past. She enabled him to get where he was going - I see her as the more logical one that way.

I am also aware of male partners who after having had complete support (financial and otherwise) dump their wives after they have established a lucrative career.

In this case, I suspect JRH showed his true colors (immaturity and self centeredness) pretty soon after CH was born. JMHO

oh yes....let's not forget that JRH was unhappy with being passed over for promotion and had applied at CFA ((I am pretty sure his wife would have been aware of his discontent)) this dovetails nicely with his taking over the finances recently and her trip back to AL -- possibly? MOO

I don't think JRH would have been too keen to return back to AL after not making it in the big city ((MOO))....

I believe LH was raised in a very strict household where the church she afiliated with didn't even allow musical instruments. Without naming it, IME from my mother, who was a librarian in the medical library at UAB and attended a similar church in Alabama in Birmingham, divorce can only be sought if the wife is unfaithful to the husband, divorce in general is not acceptable and women have their place.
I'll leave it at that. Perhaps LH wasn't raised like that.

Mama dated all those doctors and married the copier repiarman from Atlanta. lol

Also I will add this: be VERY careful judging someone who has lost a child based on their outward appearance or anything they do.

I know from personal experience (a good friend of mine) that everyone grieves differently.

I know from my own experience with loss that I grieve differently.

And one of the most hurtful (and false) things people can say is "oh my god how are you not under a table rocking back and forth and on a cocktail of Thorazine?! I would be a mess! I would be screaming my face off!"

And to that I say: seriously? No really, are you fvcking serious? Oh wow you are such a better parent because you obviously love your kid so sooooooo much more that you would be a non functioning person.

It's really such an ignorant stance and such a martyr way to think. IMO.

Sent from my iPhone

Bravo

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Ross' brother is remarried and his mother too, no? How is divorce that taboo then?

I believe LH was raised in a very strict household where the church she afiliated with didn't even allow musical instruments. Without naming it, IME from my mother, who was a librarian in the medical library at UAB and attended a similar church in Alabama in Birmingham, divorce can only be sought if the wife is unfaithful to the husband, divorce in general is not acceptable and women have their place.
I'll leave it at that. Perhaps LH wasn't raised like that.

Mama dated all those doctors and married the copier repiarman from Atlanta. lol
In defense of the churches of Christ-

They are all autonomous congregations, meaning there is no church hierarchy or governing body that dictates what they do/believe. In general, all congregations believe in the trinity, practice full immersion baptism, and take communion every Sunday. They try to "speak where the bible speaks, and be silent where it is silent". So this leads to different practices at different churches. You will find some more contemporary congregations that allow instruments in worship and women in leadership positions. Of course, there are still some strict old-school congregations where they do not allow meals in the church building and all men must wear suits, and yes, they would adhere to the "husband is head of the household" belief. And then there is everything in between.

All that to say, that while the label of "Church of Christ" may imply certain beliefs, it is impossible to make a judgement about a particular congregation without having direct knowledge about that congregation.

Maybe Leanne is too emotionally distraught to handle the family finances so Ross's brother is helping them both out. MOO.

Or later during a trial if he is ever called to testify about finances..... he is a policeman and will look good on stand being such if he is on the defense side

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member