LeAnna (Mom) #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
well I for one find the whole brother controlling the family finance now thing very very odd.

moo there is stuff there he does not want LH seeing or he wants to ensure she doesn't leave his sexting behind in the dust without a dime or LH anticipates being arrested soon.

To me those are the only reasonable explanations.

It is only prudent if the defendant expects his spouse to be arrested and/or anticipates she will file for divorce from him or maybe both. If I was a totally innocent spouse who truly believed my beloved husband is innocent, I certainly wouldn't appreciate his brother having any control over my assets or my debts. So, a big thanks to Bro for letting the world know she is either one or the other or both. I wonder if she even knew about the cruise.

JMO

Agree. If RH thinks his legal interests are different from LH's, it would be prudent to do this. For instance, if RH thinks LH might be arrested and charged, he might not want her using their assets to pay her attorney and not his. Or, as you said, if divorce is a possibility, giving someone else control over his share can prevent LH from putting what she can into her name only.

If Ross' brother has a full picture of the couple's finances, than he must have access to all of Leanna's bank accounts too. JMO

That's what I was thinking because RH's brother said "they" had x amount of dollars in checking and x amount of dollars in savings, didn't he? "They" means both of them together IMO.

We really don't know a lot do we? Whether it is to act in a certain capacity with limited scope (aka one particular bank account or insurance matters we don't know). Aside from how any of us feel towards LH at this time fact is there may be some business matters that JRH's brother could assist the family with during this challenging time.

It could be there are other matters 'pending' at this time that none of us yet are privy to.
Agree; we're fighting a tendency to jump to detailed conclusions when we've only been given a casual statement (not spelling out the legalese) by the brother. Yet another money matter that could be relevant would be if he needs to try to recoup any money put down with their travel agent for their joint family cruise. (Another unknown.)

If Ross' brother has a full picture of the couple's finances, than he must have access to all of Leanna's bank accounts too. JMO
That was my interpretation, too, of his statement.

How could the brother pay for things from RH account at he had no job with money coming in. Only LH would have an income.
Well, presumably he'd start by using what little is left in their joint account, though.

Agree; we're fighting a tendency to jump to detailed conclusions when we've only been given a casual statement (not spelling out the legalese) by the brother. Yet another money matter that could be relevant would be if he needs to try to recoup any money put down with their travel agent for their joint family cruise. (Another unknown.)

That was my interpretation, too, of his statement.

Well, presumably he'd start by using what little is left in their joint account, though.

So wouldn't LH have to agree, or as the leader, does he get to make all decisions?

I wonder if Leanna will lose her apartment since she isn't working at this time? Maybe Ross' brother will make their monthly rent and car payments?

So wouldn't LH have to agree, or as the leader, does he get to make all decisions?

;) That may be how it's seen. But my guess is, at that point in time (right after Cooper's death and RH's arrest, and before the funeral) it may have been *mutually seen as an attempt to help out LH as well (and that'd be true if innocent OR if she she were complicit and anticipating ending up in jail). Just can't know at this point how LH felt/feels about this.

ETA: *Especially because his brother was LE and would (we'd expect) be more careful about not doing anything illegal in regards to their joint money.

JMO "in regards to their joint money" Baygents had no business blabbing about it unless Leanna said ok. JMO

Re Ross' half-brother having control over "all" of Leanna's & Ross' finances.

IME, diff ppl use terms 'POA,' 'control, 'power,' & 'agent' to such diff situations, it's imposs to know what authority half-bro actually has.
Could be that half-bro was designated in a POA doc signed by Ross, to apply to all a/c's, assets, property, etc. of Ross only.

Or applicable to all a/c's, assets, property of Leanna and Ross, in so far as each entity allows.

Diff banks, brokerages, & financial institutions have diff procedures about POA doc they 'recognize.'
1. Some permit recognize only their own pre-preprinted, proprietary form, require a/c holder signature on-site. May require notarization, or not.
2. Some accept an 'outside POA' the a/c holder has signed; may require witnesses, notarization, or not, etc.
3. Some accept both.

Let's say, per POA doc,
Ross names, authorizes half-bro to write checks, make dep's & w/drawals, use ATM,
buy & sell stocks; sell cars; change benef of life ins; file fed & state tax returns, change employer benefit a/c's; etc.

How/where would half-bro try to use it (not saying any of these a/c's exist, just hypo a/c's)?

- Ross' single name bank a/c, checking, savings, etc.
- Ross' employee stock-purchase a/c of HD stock or other employer-based benef savings plan.
- Ross' 401k
-Ross' IRA.

- L & H joint name bk a/c? Some fin inst's may allow that, imo, ime.
If, per a/c terms, Ross himself had auth to withdraw all the $$$, then by POA given to half-bro, fin inst may allow half-bro to do same.
If so, look out, LH.

- LH single name bk a/c? Good luck w that, bro, pretty darn doubtful, imo, any fin inst will allow that.
- LH single name other a/c (like Ross' above). Ditto.

Re monthly-type bills (rent, utilities, car payments, credit card, student loans) for whichRoss (and maybe Leanna) is payor/debtor,
IDK, if creditors are concerned about source of payments, as long as the check/auto-payment clears.

JMO, IMO, IME.

I wonder if Leanna will lose her apartment since she isn't working at this time? Maybe Ross' brother will make their monthly rent and car payments?

This is JMO, but I get a strong feeling that LH does not plan on going back to Georgia. I think she has left RH and will be or already has filed for divorce. I think that last visit to the jail on the Thursday before she left Georgia the following weekend was to tell RH she was done and was moving back to Alabama. I don't think it was just to get away from the media. I have not heard of her going back to visit him since she left. I think she may have heard enough at the PCH, and at this point, I don't think she had anything to do with Cooper's death, although the "Did you say too much" comment is still a problem.

This is JMO, but I get a strong feeling that LH does not plan on going back to Georgia. I think she has left RH and will be or already has filed for divorce. I think that last visit to the jail on the Thursday before she left Georgia the following weekend was to tell RH she was done and was moving back to Alabama. I don't think it was just to get away from the media. I have not heard of her going back to visit him since she left. I think she may have heard enough at the PCH, and at this point, I don't think she had anything to do with Cooper's death, although the "Did you say too much" comment is still a problem.

There was a link posted that shows she can access him by Wifi. No problemo, Does not have to visit him in person

A question was asked in terms of what assets a person can have in irder to get a public defender, The question was nit answered.

So if LH remains married to him, she will have to pay I feel

moo there is stuff there he does not want LH seeing or he wants to ensure she doesn't leave his sexting behind in the dust without a dime or LH anticipates being arrested soon.

To me those are the only reasonable explanations.

Could it be he was also Mr Daytrader? It may be that he had some hidden assets.

I wonder if problems started arising in their marriage after Cooper was born? How was their first Christmas together as a family, I wonder?

Does anyone feel it is beyond Ross and Leanna to threaten the other with divorce or separation? If not, who would have done the threatening? I believe it would be Leanna since she took some time away from Ross in late May (during their wedding anniversary?) I wonder if there were other times like this and Ross took the step of using Cooper as a pawn in punishing his wife? JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Masonjoe