LeAnna (Mom) #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you have a link to where she was asked if she wanted to see her son and refused?
I am not finding that anyone offered to let her see Cooper.
I mist have missed it.

STODDARD: Her reaction at the scene, she didn't show any emotion when they asked her or when they notified her of Cooper's death. She did make a statement that, you know, this was her worst nightmare.*

UNIDENTIFIED PROSECUTOR: And after being told that he was deceased, did she ask to see her son or anything like that?*

STODDARD: No.*

UNIDENTIFIED PROSECUTOR: Who does she ask to see?*

STODDARD: She asked to see her husband.*

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1407/03/wolf.02.html

All posts are MOO

From your post, gngsnap. I don't like to split hairs---but she asked to see her husband. I would've asked to see my child without a doubt. 100% postitive about that.

moo

I just feel like sometimes we end up chasing our tail.
How does
"Did she ask to see..."
turn into
"We asked and offered to take her and she refused to see"

If they did then I am wrong, I do not remember anyone in the case stating that and I haven't seen it in MSM.

Also RH always took Cooper to daycare.
It was only pick up that they traded off.

That keeps being misstated too.

UNIDENTIFIED PROSECUTOR: Whose responsibility was it usually to take the child to the day care?

STODDARD: Normally, Justin would take them to the day care.

UNIDENTIFIED PROSECUTOR: So the defendant would be the normal person to take him?

STODDARD: Yes, sir.

UNIDENTIFIED PROSECUTOR: So taking them to day care that day would not have been out of the routine?

STODDARD: Not at all.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1407/03/wolf.02.html

Snaps, I love the way you strive to keep us honest and the "road" clear of "debris."

All posts are MOO

I believe most would have asked where their child was taken and then ask if someone could bring them there. Her husband was not dying, nor was he going anywhere. In a sudden death it would be consistent with a mother wanting to see her child if she were not there when he was found. There could, however, be reasons why a mother would not want to see him right away. One reason might be that a mother might be aware of what the child would look like and was afraid to see them in that way. But maternal instinct pretty much, but not always, would draw the mother to the child. Children are different than adults when they pass. jmo

I believe most would have asked where their child was taken and then ask if someone could bring them there. Her husband was not dying, nor was he going anywhere. In a sudden death it would be consistent with a mother wanting to see her child if she were not there when he was found. There could, however, be reasons why a mother would not want to see him right away. One reason might be that a mother might be aware of what the child would look like and was afraid to see them in that way. But maternal instinct pretty much, but not always, would draw the mother to the child. Children are different than adults when they pass. jmo

I am certainly inclined to agree. When my husband and then my (grown) sister died, I could not bear to see either of them...in large part because I had seen my mother and, well, there were reasons for it being very traumatic to me. BUT when my sister died, my dad had to see his child.

And when my daughter died, I HAD to be with her for as long as they'd let me because I was just sure they were wrong and she was going to move any moment. Heck, when our dog died, my husband did the very same thing.

Excellent point regarding the fact that her husband wasn't going anywhere, IMO. Obviously her need to see him overrode everything else, including any maternal instinct that might be in play, IMO due to the need to CHA and damage control.

Of course, I suppose it could be said that she surmised that Cooper was beyond her help and RH was in need of comfort, so she'd naturally go to RH first; but still...did she ask to see Cooper later? Ever?

I was present when my son died, but I have to say that when it was time to go to see him at the funeral home, I was terrified to see him dead, and what he would look like. I was afraid it would not look like him. I did go and he looked so much better than I imagined, but it was still heartbreaking. I can't judge her for not wanting to see him because I understand that somewhat. I was however a grief stricken sobbing drugged up mess(still am when it comes to him) and literally could not function. I can't understand her lack of emotion, that's the only thing that bothers me.

Thank you for sharing such a heartbreaking experience. I'm so, so sorry.

I agree the lack of emotion is more damning to me than not asking to see Cooper

I was present when my son died, but I have to say that when it was time to go to see him at the funeral home, I was terrified to see him dead, and what he would look like. I was afraid it would not look like him. I did go and he looked so much better than I imagined, but it was still heartbreaking. I can't judge her for not wanting to see him because I understand that somewhat. I was however a grief stricken sobbing drugged up mess(still am when it comes to him) and literally could not function. I can't understand her lack of emotion, that's the only thing that bothers me.
BBM. I get that, and yet when my mother died- I couldn't not go to see her because it was my only chance to say goodbye. She died suddenly and I wasn't there when she died. Although she looked extremely pale and her hand was cold to the touch in her casket- it was only open until the service started, I had to say goodbye. It wasn't just enough to be there for the funeral service.

I just posted on the "does anyone think RH is innocent?" thread explaining why I thought HE was guilty as sin. But I'm not seeing any kind of smoking gun for LH, and while I think it is possible she was in on it, I also think it is possible she really is innocent. A few points:

1. Maybe it is because I belong to a faith that doesn't have open caskets or viewings of the body, but I just don't find it inconceivable that a loving mother wouldn't be able to bring herself to look at her child's body. I'm also not going to judge whether or to what extent she was grieving - people are all different.

2. Lots of religious people use the "he's in a better place" rationalization to console themselves. LH was, admittedly, taking it to another level - one that I find absolutely absurd -- but I think it is enough in line with more common religious discourse that, again, I'm not going to take it as evidence of guilt.

3. If RH really did text LH asking her if she had picked up Cooper from daycare, I'm not actually sure that jumping to "Ross left him in the car" is that illogical. The text means it isn't possible that RH took him elsewhere, already picked him up, got into an accident on the way to daycare in the morning, etc. The daycare hadn't seen him all day, so it isn't possible that something happened to him after being dropped off. There are probably some other explanations other than RH leaving him in the car, but none that I can think of that are more plausible off the top of my head. If LH really had recently watched a video about hot car death or had other reason to fear leaving him in the car, that would explain why her mind jumped to that. Which brings me to...

4. The fact that she, too, claims to have had a specific fear of leaving her child in a hot car is pretty suspicious, at first glance. But when I thought about it, if RH had been planning on doing this, it would be to his advantage to plant the thought in LH's mind that this was something to worry about - that way, she would be able to perpetuate the story that not only could Ross not have done this intentionally, it was something they were terrified of and had talked about, which seems designed to make RH look like a concerned dad who made a terrible mistake. So, even if LH wasn't in on it in the slightest, she might well have been brought to think about the subject by RH.

Granted, I can't think of a great explanation for "Did you say too much,?" although that, too, may have been in response to something RH said that makes it a more plausible statement.

I've also been thinking about the fact that there's a lot of middle ground between "wonderful, loving mother" and "baby-killer." Maybe she isn't as grief-stricken as the rest of us would be. Maybe she's a cold, emotionally stunted person who isn't capable of feeling the depth of love that others are. Still doesn't mean she murdered her son.

Again, I still think she might be guilty. But based on this evidence, I wouldn't arrest, let alone convict her.

Datchery, good post.
I'm not convinced of her total innocence, :).
I hope to hear more soon.

I will never understand why people think their reaction, or something that closely approximates their reaction, is correct.

I will never understand why people think their reaction, or something that closely approximates their reaction, is correct.

Because there is a "normal" and when it isn't, it raises questions.
IMO

Because we have lived it and know exactly what it is like to lose a child. The pain is unlike any other imho. There is no worse loss. These two not only don't act like grieving parents, they act as if their child is an afterthought. Mind blowing. IMO

I just posted on the "does anyone think RH is innocent?" thread explaining why I thought HE was guilty as sin. But I'm not seeing any kind of smoking gun for LH, and while I think it is possible she was in on it, I also think it is possible she really is innocent. A few points:

1. Maybe it is because I belong to a faith that doesn't have open caskets or viewings of the body, but I just don't find it inconceivable that a loving mother wouldn't be able to bring herself to look at her child's body. I'm also not going to judge whether or to what extent she was grieving - people are all different.

2. Lots of religious people use the "he's in a better place" rationalization to console themselves. LH was, admittedly, taking it to another level - one that I find absolutely absurd -- but I think it is enough in line with more common religious discourse that, again, I'm not going to take it as evidence of guilt.

3. If RH really did text LH asking her if she had picked up Cooper from daycare, I'm not actually sure that jumping to "Ross left him in the car" is that illogical. The text means it isn't possible that RH took him elsewhere, already picked him up, got into an accident on the way to daycare in the morning, etc. The daycare hadn't seen him all day, so it isn't possible that something happened to him after being dropped off. There are probably some other explanations other than RH leaving him in the car, but none that I can think of that are more plausible off the top of my head. If LH really had recently watched a video about hot car death or had other reason to fear leaving him in the car, that would explain why her mind jumped to that. Which brings me to...

4. The fact that she, too, claims to have had a specific fear of leaving her child in a hot car is pretty suspicious, at first glance. But when I thought about it, if RH had been planning on doing this, it would be to his advantage to plant the thought in LH's mind that this was something to worry about - that way, she would be able to perpetuate the story that not only could Ross not have done this intentionally, it was something they were terrified of and had talked about, which seems designed to make RH look like a concerned dad who made a terrible mistake. So, even if LH wasn't in on it in the slightest, she might well have been brought to think about the subject by RH.

Granted, I can't think of a great explanation for "Did you say too much,?" although that, too, may have been in response to something RH said that makes it a more plausible statement.

I've also been thinking about the fact that there's a lot of middle ground between "wonderful, loving mother" and "baby-killer." Maybe she isn't as grief-stricken as the rest of us would be. Maybe she's a cold, emotionally stunted person who isn't capable of feeling the depth of love that others are. Still doesn't mean she murdered her son.

Again, I still think she might be guilty. But based on this evidence, I wouldn't arrest, let alone convict her.
Good post. I see your points. I just wonder if leaving Cooper in the hot car all day was LH's worst fear and not his fear at all.
Stoddard said they told her RH had researched kids in hot cars and her response was "we both did".

In fact I think we may find out Leanna was obsessively worried about Cooper being left in the car.

"Investigators questioned her further about this. Leanna stated specifically that her fear was that her child would be left in a hot vehicle, not the fear of losing a child," the warrant states.
http://www.cnn.com/2014/07/07/justice/leanna-harris-5-questions/?c=&page=4

This statement bothered me when I first heard it, but now I think she took the word lose
as lose not dead.
Clearly if her child was left in a hot car she was afraid he would die. I think she was not afraid of losing him or of him being kidnapped.
I am thinking she takes things very literally.

She sounds to be a quiet calm girl. From what people have said she isn't goofy or a cut up.
Does she calmly methodically respond to people?
Bottom line I think her biggest fear was that ROSS would leave him in the car.
I am anxious to find out if she checked in with him every morning.
I think that will settle it for me.

All posts are MOO

Because we have lived it and know exactly what it is like to lose a child. The pain is unlike any other imho. There is no worse loss. These two not only don't act like grieving parents, they act as if their child is an afterthought. Mind blowing. IMO

Others have lived it and know what it is like. Their reaction might not be like yours and might be like the Harris's reaction and it does not mean they are murderers.

Period.

BBM. I get that, and yet when my mother died- I couldn't not go to see her because it was my only chance to say goodbye. She died suddenly and I wasn't there when she died. Although she looked extremely pale and her hand was cold to the touch in her casket- it was only open until the service started, I had to say goodbye. It wasn't just enough to be there for the funeral service.

LinasK, I am so very sorry for the loss of your beloved Mother- thank you for sharing your experience and feelings. Indeed we are all different- my Dad passed away last month....his wife was with him just as he had wanted. She called me to ask if I wanted to come say goodbye, however I did not go. My Dad's soul and everything that made him who he was had passed on....we spent a lot of time together in the year prior to his death, and I much preferred to remember him alive and laughing, rather than saying goodbye to his physical body. As I said, each one of us has very personal feelings and reactions to a loved one's passing.....IMHO, JMO, MOO

Exactly THIS ^ ^ ^ ^

All of our members here who have shared with us their unimaginable tragedy of the loss of a child and my personal experiences with friends and family who have lost children.

That's what tells me what normal is.

Exactly THIS ^ ^ ^ ^

All of our members here who have shared with us their unimaginable tragedy of the loss of a child and my personal experiences with friends and family who have lost children.

That's what tells me what normal is.

All of our members here who have shared with us their *varied reactions* to the unimaginable tragedy of the loss of a child and my personal experiences with friends and family who have lost children.

I've seen people who are hysterical and those who are stoic. I will not bully people into what the "normal" reaction is. Because normal is all over the map.

May I suggest that we not think in terms of "normal" versus "abnormal," but that we think in terms of "norms." If we calculated the "norm" based on self-reports on this thread alone, I believe we would find that the reactions of LH and RH are skewed.

Please accept my sincerest sympathy for you loss. :(:tears::therethere:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member