LeAnna (Mom) #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Leanna is delusional. They never expected the case to blow up. She probably thinks the case is still all over the news. Yes, for her new statement, it did not get much coverage compared to what the case was getting before, but it was still picked up by CNN, People, ABC, etc; a huge deal for the average person.

Yes, they thought everyone would buy the accident story. Maybe it would be local news for a day, but then it would go back to being a private tragedy. I think that is why we don't hear from anyone, because they were not seeking publicity with the cover-up they chose, so they aren't going to hire lawyers who are all over the news and they are going to tell their friends and family to stay quiet. Maybe they even talked about having Cooper go missing, but decided against it due to the amount of immediate scrutiny it would generate.

Can you just imagine how they may have plotted and schemed, sure they had covered all their bases? In their overestimated views of themselves, they were probably so confident that the rest of the world would pity them as victims....they were probably totally unprepared and confounded by the degree of suspicion which has been leveled at them. It probably never crossed their minds how the tide would turn. It's almost laughable...

Can you just imagine how they may have plotted and schemed, sure they had covered all their bases? In their overestimated views of themselves, they were probably so confident that the rest of the world would pity them as victims....they were probably totally unprepared and confounded by the degree of suspicion which has been leveled at them. It probably never crossed their minds how the tide would turn. It's almost laughable...

I think you are right. RH saying "why am I being punished..?" and "I'll lose my job" as well as Leanna saying "why, did you say too much" suggests they were unprepared for the negative perception of LE.

When the case first hit the news, there were so many people defending Ross. The fund raised around $20k. Remember that weird YouTube video supporting him? I think it even brought up the DA? Anyway, I wonder if they were planning some PR battle w/ the police/prosecution, but after the hearing info was released, the whole country turned on them, and they realized it would be impossible? Maybe they thought that people would continue thinking that LE was charging Ross w/ murder for an accident. Perhaps they did not think all of that info would come out at the hearing.

So, I'm now wondering if LH is still standing by her man, or if she is ANGRY with him now that the GJ thinks there is enough evidence too convict him...

I think you are right. RH saying "why am I being punished..?" and "I'll lose my job" as well as Leanna saying "why, did you say too much" suggests they were unprepared for the negative perception of LE.

BBM Because THAT should be his big concern -_-

"I am surprised that the District Attorney is still contemplating after almost three months of reviewing the evidence whether or not to charge my client, if that is who he was referring to in his press conference," her attorney Lawrence Zimmerman said in an emailed statement. "By now, I would think they would have been able to make a final decision and clear her from any wrongdoing."

http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2014/09/attorney_for_leanna_harris_she.html

I suppose the attorney was intending me to think, "oh haven't they been able to clear this innocent woman yet? the police must be so incompetent..."

but instead I thought, "oh, haven't they been able to clear this woman yet? Maybe there really is some evidence that points to her guilt"

I suppose the attorney was intending me to think, "oh haven't they been able to clear this innocent woman yet? the police must be so incompetent..."

but instead I thought, "oh, haven't they been able to clear this woman yet? Maybe there really is some evidence that points to her guilt"

No kidding. he should know better than saying that. Sometimes it takes LE years to indict/arrest someone. I am not certain on whether LeAnna had a role in this, but in any case her attorney is not doing her any favors.

Anyone think we might get a "statement" from LH via her attorney, regarding the Grand Jury indictment of her 'leader'?

I doubt she gives a statement, but I'd love to analyze it if she does!

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

I think her attorney is implying that any charges will be basically made up by LE. But they couldn't charge her until they had a true bill on him, because her charges will be conspiracy or accessory charges. Since it was specifically stated that they aren't ruling out further arrests, I fully expect charges on her before long. I think with all the publicity they would have gone out of their way to say they were not going to charge her if that were the situation.

I think her attorney is implying that any charges will be basically made up by LE. But they couldn't charge her until they had a true bill on him, because her charges will be conspiracy or accessory charges. Since it was specifically stated that they aren't ruling out further arrests, I fully expect charges on her before long. I think with all the publicity they would have gone out of their way to say they were not going to charge her if that were the situation.
Interesting points. I hope they do charge her.

Lynn Turner 2 killed (Antifreeze) husband LE and boyfriend fire fighter
Fred Tokars paid someone to shoot wife in front of her 2 young boys
Bart Corbin 2 killed girlfriend and wife
Brian Nichols 4 killed judge court reporter deputy and a federal agent

These may be higher profile than RH & LH will ever be.

All posts are MOO

FWIW, the Brian Nichols case was in Fulton County, not Cobb County.

Although killed in Colorado, JonBenet Ramsey is buried in Marietta (the county seat of Cobb County). This would have been the all-time "biggest social media case" except for the fact that Mark Zuckerberg was only 12 or so in 1996.

The Atlanta media must be praying that the trial is huge. The more national interest there is, the more people that will visit their website to read articles, the more people that will watch live feeds, etc. They (along with HLN/CNN, partly due to the Atlanta location) are probably a bit peeved that the pretrial circus only lasted about 2 weeks due to lack of info, no one talking, nothing to report, etc. HLN's ratings are significantly higher when they are covering a high-profile trial. I bet they all thought they had found this decade's Ramsey or Anthony case, but it waned. They still have the trial though.

The case is getting relatively little attention in the media here. For example, the Ferguson unrest seemed a bigger story.

CNN is finally letting go of the missing Malaysian airplane and is morphing back into the Clinton News Network. :laughing:

Really, it seems the media is treading lightly because the story is so sickening and emotional.

It is very confusing to me about how big the case really is. There was very little media coverage from mid-July until early September, with the indictment. When the indictment comes in, it is breaking news/top story on every major news website. The attention dies down within a couple of days. That is what I do not get. The media seems to cover the case, when they do, like it is the case of the decade, yet will not give it the amount of coverage necessary to truly make it so.

However, I guarantee that if the trial is highly publicized, the media will act like the case got years of constant pretrial coverage. The weeks/months of nothing happening will be erased. So in a way, the amount of pretrial attention is irrelevant, because it will be rewritten depending on how big the trial is.

I have a theory that the case was supposed to be the "story of the summer" for CNN, but with Russia/Ukraine, MH17, Israel/Palestine, ISIS erupting in the news, that would no longer be possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauriedries23456!