Lee's Investigative Binder

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
During the last hearing that Lee testified in,he seemed very comfortable with the SA's.I'm thinking they may be meeting with Lee ,prepping for trial and the binder came up in discussion.A little "friendly" inquiry and , it suddenly appears.

On the other hand,maybe the DT recently saw some value of something in the binder and turned it over ,in order to get it admitted at trial.

It seems to me the DT is still scrambling to come up with some sort of defense. Good luck with that.

I remember that statement about him believing his sister. At the status hearing about the agents of the state issue Lee seemed that maybe he changed his tune and KC looked pizzed. Then Baez said that Lee went into his office and took or copied a receipt and gave it to OSCO. IDK I can only hope that Lee has seen the light. Sorry. Guess this is OT.

I got the impression that his testimony where he said he maybe lied to her was staged, scripted and if you watch CM and Casey, very expected. I know the press made a big deal of that exchange and I always wondered if I was watching the same hearing the media and press were. I had to remind myself that they were trying to show collusion between Lee and LE.

Ooooh, great thread topic. I wanted to comment on this in another Lee thread, but it might have been out of place.
After going back and listening to some interviews here and there, I think I have a better understanding of where the disconnect happened with Lee and LE and why his attorney said he might face criminal charges. In the interview with Ricardo, LE asks if Lee has been instructing RM to give him information about what he has told LE. In the interview with Annie, it comes out that Lee had spoken with MelinaC about LE as well. Then, JamesH tells us that Lee was upset about being detained.
So, it sounds to me as if Lee got carried away with his tandem investigation-He has stated that his investigaition was an independent one, that with or without LE he was gonna dig-Which worked out well when the state wanted to show that Lee was no agent of the state.
While I don't think Lee ever did anything intentionally illegal (or maybe he just did not care), I believe that what he did do was an indicator to LE that he was no longer (if he ever was) doing this at their request, and if he found info they did not have, he might not share it. Like the J. Blanchard Park story. So, LE gets TonyL to talk to Lee, see if anything can be determined to be info Lee has that they do not have.
Finally, they sit Lee down in a room and tell him that they don't appreciate that he has been behind their back, asking people who were once friends but now witnesses, about things that maybe Lee even got from LE. Maybe they told Lee he was witness tampering. Maybe they told Lee he was overstepping and obstructing an investigation. He tells his lawyer he thinks he is in trouble, he cries in his car over the incident.
In his mind, he just wanted to find Caylee. Dead or alive, I believe.
So the question becomes: If Lee had anything that LE did not have, would he have told them? Was he acting as his own filter (which is a no-no) with the J. Blanchard Park story because he did not believe it, or was he intentionally hiding it? How could LE make that distinction without asking him, and it's still improper anyway, even if he was going to come to them with everything, right?

The outcome: Lee stopped getting involved at all. Caylee was dead. His sister was in jail. All of his friends had been covered. We don't see him anymore.
In a way, I feel bad about the whole thing, even though Lee overstepped his bounds, because at the beginning of all of this he was doing a good thing and he was good at it. But, like DomC or a bounty hunter, or any other form of para-investigators, you cannot gather info and keep it from LE, or try to determine yourself what you should keep to yourself or tell them.

Hope he reconciles the whole thing in his head by trial time and comes to the understanding that he simply violated protocol for LE and they could not allow it to work that way. Nothing personal.

If this is coming in from the DT, and has not been presented to the SA prior to this, or was not common knowledge to both sides I can see a reasonable cause for tossing it. Isn't the rule at this stage that any new evidence must be turned over to the other side within 10 days of a side first becoming aware that it exists? How long do you think that the DT has had this book?

Don't forget Casey's Media Binder.

30cnlll.jpg

They're just a "binder" kind of family.

Those darn top buttons thwart her every time!

I remember CA babbling (during an LE or FBI interview) about a couple of the family binders going missing. And insuating that LE stole them from a box in the garage. I remember GA also whining about his disappearing. Supposedly Lee had dropped them off at the house and tossed them in a box. Sounded pretty careless for such (supposed) important information. I knew something fishy happened to those binders. I just assumed they had been shredded.

Is that the inmate that said ICA had to be strapped to her bed one day cos she was so pizzed at something she acted out....? She made the National Enquirer IIRC...

http://www.jailbase.com/en/arrested/fl-occ/2010-12-23/shimara-miasha-harris-10052309

If that is who I think she is, she struck me as being a very brilliant girl and as well-spoken as any attorney on this case. I thought it odd that she would have been a criminal, based solely on her communication skills.

I hope Lee's binder has the details of the phone numbers that Casey gave her brother for Jeff and Juliet. Supposedly, Lee called the numbers only to hear, no one here by that name....er Lee? Is that you? This is your neighbor so and so! Casey had lied and gave Lee the neighbors numbers.

That entire jailhouse interview with Lee and Casey....he was being very serious and trying so hard. Casey was trying hard no to laugh in his face while leading him on a goose chase.

Oy.

If that is who I think she is, she struck me as being a very brilliant girl and as well-spoken as any attorney on this case. I thought it odd that she would have been a criminal, based solely on her communication skills.
Did you see an article on her or report? If so could you please point me to it. I would love to read it.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hfgOCZm_ng[/ame]
The inmate who witnessed the incident with Casey was Terri Thomas.

You are correct. We have no idea how he got this info or if it will bear out. I was giving my take on why he would keep a separate binder. Lee was in his own club, Jr. Detective League...

Oh LancelotLink I was disagreeing you but rather just jumping off from your thoughts - er started building a house after you laid the foundation...:blowkiss:

And I can't even tell if JB's questioning of Lee at the Agent of the State hearing has any bearing on this binder. JB has a way of twisting events into whatever pretzel motion he is arguing at the moment, so his apparent disdainful questioning of Lee about being in his office, making it sound as if Lee was looking for hidden treasures for LE is no help for me at this point.
However, I find it off, that whole line of questioning, focusing more on JB than anything else and now this binder being turned over.
Hopefully, we will know more about this late discovery and if it falls into the violations area.

Yes agree, I felt when JB was questioning Lee he was annoyed that Lee was not more supportive re ICA's innocence.

Yes agree, I felt when JB was questioning Lee he was annoyed that Lee was not more supportive re ICA's innocence.

ITA! I do think that whole Lee testimony was scripted to reflect JB's whole mantra of how LE focused solely on his client. Again, my favorite part was when JB was leading up to the question of Lee lying to Casey. Before the question was even out, CM places a comforting hand on ICA's shoulder. If he wanted that scene to be believable, he should have waited until Lee answered. IMO. It is so hard to stay on topic with these circus acts...one leads to another. :maddening:

Oh LancelotLink I was disagreeing you but rather just jumping off from your thoughts - er started building a house after you laid the foundation...:blowkiss:

I figured you were just expounding. I just didn't want anyone to think I give LP the credibility he so craves but IMO squandered.
:blowkiss:

And I agree with everything you said. We have been led around by the nose, trying to glean any pertinent info from a variety of sources. We have been left to try and sort through this pile of piffle for almost three years. That's a lot of piffle. But, dang we are good!!

Don't forget Casey's Media Binder.

30cnlll.jpg

They're just a "binder" kind of family.

LOL Who carries a binder this way? What a deliberate attempt on the DT to say 'we're keeping tabs on you!'

Actually it probably contains more of her scribbles, possibly her script and a whole-lotta pages covered in I :heartbeat: Jose - Mr & Mrs JB :heartbeat: Casey Baez :heartbeat: :rolleyes:

IIRC when LA was 'investigating' it was thought he might be trying to 'guide' witness's recollections. (My opinion and words only.) So yeah, LA's binder will probably be slanted to the defense. And defense will probably try to use it to shake other witnesses testimony. As in "didn't you tell LA on such and such a date that this happened, in this order." But if they do that, it will be pretty shaky with the jury, because the jury will know that LA was KC's brother, and that his recollections aren't sworn testimony.

Like this? :bricks: :bricks: :bricks:

LOL! Logicalgirl is my hero and she can jump off my thoughts any time and any day!! I consider that a honor!!

That would be great!! Too bad GA lost his binder...hmmm.

Funny thing about George's "lost" binder is that although he says the binder is missing in his State deposition, when he was on the stand for, I believe it was the "Casey was in Custody" hearing, that he has wished he had brought his binder with him that had all this information (officers in the home, times, etc...) in it.

I do not believe for one moment that George's binder was ever missing. More like it had been taken out of that home before LE locked it down... or that they had Hoover pick it up for them once he went back to the home to lock the doors... or whatever it is that he was sent there to do.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties
Back