Legendary Artist Prince Found Dead at 57 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I totally get where you're coming from, CoolJ. I don't want to believe it either. And I don't.....yet. However, my mind has to remain open. MAINLY because I do firmly believe he suffered a lot of pain, silently. He leapt off stages for years and it is clear he had problems with his hips and knees. That makes perfect sense considering all the years he performed and entertained us with passion.

My point is - even if it turns out to be an overdose, that wouldn't make me lose any respect for him. It would simply make my heart break even more because I know he would never have wanted that to be his COD. :cry: As you infer, it was against the message he was sending out in his lyrics. Unfortunately, drug dependency happens to the best of people, especially those who suffer legitimate PAIN, so I have to consider it is a possibility while at the same time, considering the source and PRAYING it isn't true.

I agree with this. I'll add also that even if someone suffers pain and is prescribed pain meds, they can still accidently overdose. It happens... sadly.

It does not mean that he was an addict. imo . People take too much blood pressure meds, heart meds. etc, and stop breathing; but the pain meds get the stigma.

Don't know if this has been posted...

There is a video of his last April 14th Atlanta concert (looks like a cell phone video) on Paisley Park After Dark FB. This is the best one I've seen of that night (12th post down).

It really is too bad we are handcuffed here and not allowed to post anything other than corporate run media drivel. I think I could enlighten a few of you at least. But I digress, it is out there for those willing to seek out ALL of what is being reported and think for yourself and make up your own mind as to what the truth may be.

With that said, if reports are true that he was found on an elevator..... Does that not at least peek your interest and make you curious?

Yes, it has...
Edited to add that I found it a bit strange that he could have been so I'll a couple days before and he was reportedly dropped off alon at 8 pm and not found until 10 ish the next morning....

Not really. He should have had hip replacements. As intelligent as he was, why didn't he realize this was the answer? Yes. I know he was a Jehovah's Witness.

See.... This is where it can get confusing , some reports have it that he had the surgery, I believe in 2010, while others say he did not.
Regardless , even if he did have the surgery in the amount of time that he put it off one could safely say that he COULD have developed a dependency on opiates.
DISCLAIMER....I am in no way shape or from saying that he did have an addiction /dependency , whatever.
I am simply stating that I can see where it COULD have happened.
And this does not in any way, shape or form change my utmost admiration for the mans musical genius.

This is BS. Have a look at the stuff Prince was speaking out about for the past 10 yrs. Learn what his lyrics have been about for the last 35yrs. This is the hidden hand at work folks, trying to destroy him. The same hidden hand that likely killed him IMO. <modsnip>. Have a look around. Stop believing every little thing CNN and BBC feed to you. Connect the friggin dots. Please...!?

Yes the conspiracy thought did crossed my mind. Are you referring to the Unseen Hand? I've read the book have you read that?

Him being found in the elevator seems a bit strange. Did he ever make it up stairs? So sad it appears he was alone :(

You would think they would also have video surveillance tapes they could review?

However I have to add with all the ailments I'm leaning toward an accidental drug interaction or Over Dose. Which in no way changes my admiration.

Awaiting to see what they reveal in their final report.

~

Sorry Im a doofus. Why is the elevator strange ? Or what is the significance? TIA
Im missing something.

Here ya go....Hip replacements in 2010... According to Sheila E....
Now, you don't just get hip replacements without suffering a considerable amount of pain for some time , so it seems reasonable to me that he would have been on some pain meds.Also, after the surgery you would likely be on pain meds,
It does not take long to develop a dependancy on opiates and at some point,sadly for some a line is crossed and it turns into a full blown addiction.
DISCLAIMER AGAIN...not saying that is what happened here, but it is a very realistic scenario.
RIP your purple majesty ...I adore you !

http://www.etonline.com/news/187302_exclusive_sheila_e_says_prince_was_always_pain/

Have to add that once again, for every article that says he had the surgery , I find several that say he did not...

Not really. He should have had hip replacements. As intelligent as he was, why didn't he realize this was the answer? Yes. I know he was a Jehovah's Witness.

Jehovah's Witnesses have major surgery all the time, including hip replacements, without blood. Please see the links within the linked post. Whether Prince actually had the surgery seems to be the controversy. But he could have, without question.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ince-Found-Dead-at-57&p=12486274#post12486274

A little OT, but wanted to add to the hip replacement conversation. I’ve read in several places that Prince “did” have hip replacement surgery/ies. In other places I’ve read that he “refused” hip replacement surgery because he was Jehovah’s Witness, and would not accept a blood transfusion. Being Jehovah’s Witness is not a contraindication to hip replacement surgery, and no transfusion would be expected in a healthy person. I can’t imagine that he would be told by any modern docs that he would need transfusion if he underwent hip replacement. That would not be standard of practice anywhere in the Twin Cities, nor in smaller community hospitals in MN.

In this modern surgical era, there would not be a reasonable requirement for any blood transfusion for primary hip arthroplasty (first surgery—not a “re-do”). Most hip replacement surgeries are done with mini-incisions/ minimally invasive, and there is very little blood lost (relative to, say, a c-section, or spinal fusion—both of which have relatively high blood loss). Prince was very slender, so a potential hip replacement procedure would not have been technically very difficult for any average orthopedic surgeon, IMO. I cannot remember the last time I gave blood in a hip replacement surgery—maybe as a student 20+ years ago, and I’ve done literally hundreds of hips. In orthopedics, there are very strict sets of criteria for transfusion, and it’s done rather sparingly in recent years in healthy patients.

So my point is, if he refused hip surgery, it wasn't because of the "need" for blood transfusion conflicting with his religious beliefs.

A little OT, but wanted to add to the hip replacement conversation. I&#8217;ve read in several places that Prince &#8220;did&#8221; have hip replacement surgery/ies. In other places I&#8217;ve read that he &#8220;refused&#8221; hip replacement surgery because he was Jehovah&#8217;s Witness, and would not accept a blood transfusion. Being Jehovah&#8217;s Witness is not a contraindication to hip replacement surgery, and no transfusion would be expected in a healthy person. I can&#8217;t imagine that he would be told by any modern docs that he would need transfusion if he underwent hip replacement. That would not be standard of practice anywhere in the Twin Cities, nor in smaller community hospitals in MN.

In this modern surgical era, there would not be a reasonable requirement for any blood transfusion for primary hip arthroplasty (first surgery&#8212;not a &#8220;re-do&#8221;). Most hip replacement surgeries are done with mini-incisions/ minimally invasive, and there is very little blood lost (relative to, say, a c-section, or spinal fusion&#8212;both of which have relatively high blood loss). Prince was very slender, so a potential hip replacement procedure would not have been technically very difficult for any average orthopedic surgeon, IMO. I cannot remember the last time I gave blood in a hip replacement surgery&#8212;maybe as a student 20+ years ago, and I&#8217;ve done literally hundreds of hips. In orthopedics, there are very strict sets of criteria for transfusion, and it&#8217;s done rather sparingly in recent years in healthy patients.

So my point is, if he refused hip surgery, it wasn't because of the "need" for blood transfusion conflicting with his religious beliefs.
BBM

Thank you for confirming from the medical front lines what I've been saying. :)

I suspect my teenagers would appreciate it if I stopped conversing with them by singing Prince lyrics or making up my own, but 2bad4them.

I suspect my teenagers would appreciate it if I stopped conversing with them by singing Prince lyrics or making up my own, but 2bad4them.

I've been doing the same with mine. Making them watch Videos and look up and play songs from Spotify while in the car the last few days.

They have come to me with info they've looked up on their own though :)

~

"Purple Train, purple train" & "this is what it sounds like when doves sigh".....stuff like that?? :shame:

Funky? Soulful? Of course. But Prince was a brilliant lyricist, too
http://www.latimes.com/entertainmen...ce-brilliant-lyricist-too-20160422-story.html

Ok &#8211; Pope is one of my fave Prince songs &#8211; will never forget the first time I heard it.
&#8216;You can be the President, I&#8217;d rather be the Pope&#8217; is so audaciously brilliant &#8211; imo. What is not to adore about this man?

Pope Lyrics
from The Hits 2

Oh, your car got mags that be dippy dippy dope
But the whole damn nation got the same
Honey only flock to the bee that's the Pope
Not the President with government lame

Put me on a slow movin' parlimentary hackin' bandwagon
You could put me little *advertiser censored* in the grave
Every time you want it I'll be live, bring a date
I mean computer when it&#8217;s over press save

So, you can be the President (you can be the President) [kick it]
I'd rather be the Pope (rather be the Pope)
(I'd rather be, so happy)
Yeah you can be the side effect (you can be the side effect)
I'd rather be the dope (rather be the dope)
(I ain't scared of you mutha *advertiser censored*****) [kick it]

****** for &#8220;G&#8221; rating! Lol!
I like that there is an article out there acknowledging Prince&#8217;s brilliance as poet, a lyricist, which is so overlooked in the context of his giant musicality. It really is the combination of all these things that separates him from the rest.

I loved the movie & book Amadeus because I think it might have accurately depicted Mozart as the &#8220;Rock Star&#8221; he really was in his time. While I read all kinds of parallels to Prince = Beethoven, Mozart, or Bach, I think the general thread is like the greats before him, he is a once in a lifetime shooting star.

His music and lyrics, his storytelling, his movies, his sexy Edwardian style always struck me as operatic &#8211; like a grand funk opera.
I did not grow up in the MTV generation but I took a look at the Batdance video &#8211; Omg if that isn&#8217;t a tour-de-force opera performance I don&#8217;t know what is.

So, R.I.P. to the beautiful one &#8211; like a comet, he traversed several generations and has forever given joy to so many with his gifts &#8211; not to mention the dance floor as is evidenced all over the world.

Referring to K_Z's latest post...

I work in the medical field in rehab s/p THA/TKA. I concur with your post. While not usual, a hip surgery can result in a need for a transfusion. I thought if a patient were at a higher ASA score risk for transfusion that the MD would have them bank blood before an elective surgery. I do not know his risk levels, and I do not know anything about Jehovah's Witness's. Would they (Jehovah's Witness's) accept an autologous transfusion?

"Purple Train, purple train" & "this is what it sounds like when doves sigh".....stuff like that?? :shame:

Yes. Often in falsetto. ;)

As sad as I am about Prince (I am hearbroken!), I've had a lot of laughs this weekend too.

A little OT, but wanted to add to the hip replacement conversation. I’ve read in several places that Prince “did” have hip replacement surgery/ies. In other places I’ve read that he “refused” hip replacement surgery because he was Jehovah’s Witness, and would not accept a blood transfusion. Being Jehovah’s Witness is not a contraindication to hip replacement surgery, and no transfusion would be expected in a healthy person. I can’t imagine that he would be told by any modern docs that he would need transfusion if he underwent hip replacement. That would not be standard of practice anywhere in the Twin Cities, nor in smaller community hospitals in MN.

In this modern surgical era, there would not be a reasonable requirement for any blood transfusion for primary hip arthroplasty (first surgery—not a “re-do”). Most hip replacement surgeries are done with mini-incisions/ minimally invasive, and there is very little blood lost (relative to, say, a c-section, or spinal fusion—both of which have relatively high blood loss). Prince was very slender, so a potential hip replacement procedure would not have been technically very difficult for any average orthopedic surgeon, IMO. I cannot remember the last time I gave blood in a hip replacement surgery—maybe as a student 20+ years ago, and I’ve done literally hundreds of hips. In orthopedics, there are very strict sets of criteria for transfusion, and it’s done rather sparingly in recent years in healthy patients.

Bbm: I agree - One thought is that he might have felt he would never feel normal in his body again? I know several people who have had hip and knee replacements and they all have a limp. So, while the surgery may be ever more advanced what are the chances a performer of Prince's caliper would be able to perform in the same way again?

To the bbm - this may have been the far more prevalent reason to avoid surgery and medicate the pain. He depended on his whole being for his artistry - I can't imagine the psychological impact of being at the crossroads of physical and spiritual impairment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove