Lies point us to the truth

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What if the paintbrush and cord had been used in a different manner than what they were found? John referred to the paintbrush as a twister in his June 1998 BPD interview.

icedtea4me,
Indeed he did. Are your implying is was an tourniquet not not a garrote or a toggle rope? Something like this:
upload_2021-9-29_23-20-52.jpeg

?

So to divorce the paintbrush from the SA, Patsy makes it part of the asphyxiation staging!

UKGuy,
So, this is your reasoning. I just can’t buy PR asphyxiating JB. I know there are moms out there that are jealous; I had one. I realize there are mom’s out there that murder their children and do many unspeakable acts to them. Yet, even in the midst of saving BR; I find it hard to believe PR even staged this portion. This is MOO. Perhaps she did and this is one of the reasons she threw up in the Sunroom the next morning. Who knows? Her fiber evidence is in the paint tray, ligature etc. but we must remember she walked out of that house that day with those cloths on. What they tested and what those fibers really belong to is questionable.

icedtea4me directed me to the JR BPD interview in 1998. I did not realize how many times there is mention of the scarf! It’s right there. FW has his hands on it.

I do not think the parents had the luxury of time to work out precisely what to do?

Their vacation flight schedule hemmed them in,restricting their staging options.

Your staging critique is valid, but does this not demonstrate how pressed for time the parents must have been.

We do not know how pressed they actually were. We do know that there were 2 rough drafts of the RN and the final RN that was written. I believe they said 25 minutes. Still, if you consider this and the time in which they said they awoke (?) there isn’t enough time to cover penning the RN in and of itself. Much less reaching out to their political connections to help in this cover up and it’s staging. No wonder the pineapple was overlooked.

Running through my mind over the last two or three posts is a thought about BR's remarks to Dr Phil about returning back downstairs:

OK, so was the Estimated Time of Death assumed to be somewhere around Midnight? Add in the time JonBenet may have been lying in a coma, does this not suggest BR was up and about around the same time JonBenet was taking her last breathes of air?

BR's remarks to Dr. Phil just appear self-incriminating, that's really weird ...

BR has slipped up more then we realize; I am sure of it.

icedtea4me,
Indeed he did. Are your implying is was an tourniquet not not a garrote or a toggle rope? Something like this: View attachment 315425
?

No, it was still a garrote, but it was this type of garrote that was used in the Philippines for executions where John had been stationed as a Civil Engineer Corps officer when he was in the Navy.

https://www.amazon.com/Historic-Print-Garotte-Bilibid-Philippines/dp/B003HX340K

The rod is twisted to tighten the band around the prisoner's neck.

Midnight would be the earliest time of death. It could have been 1AM too. This is the importance of the pineapple. Mrs. Staunton may have heard a scream at 2. The Rs say that JB was in bed around 10PM. But she could not have been asleep long because a little later she ate the pineapple. So, this interval of a couple of hours is unaccounted for. PR won't recognize the bowl with her fingerprints on the 26th. BTW is caffeine a good beverage for BR before reitirng?

The latest the RN could have been written is about 5:20AM. When it was actually written is significant. If there were premeditation, it could have been written before the murder. The practice note seems to eliminate that possibility. How synchronized were the RN and the WC staging? It's remarkable how little they both relate. The author could have been writing while the other staged with one not aware of what the other was up to? Or the RN could have been an earlier scenario that was rejected as the WC was restaged? However, the RN was always intended as a dramatic monologue for PR. The note was meant to be spoken aloud not just read: "Listen carefully!" Dis she need time to rehearse?

In a BDI vein, the RN could be attempting the difficult task of explaining the clumsy staging which BR had already done. If BR had to alert his parents about what he did that would push back the time the RN could have been begun. Plus several practice notes? PR was a good writer, but nothing about the WC suggests a kidnapping gone wrong. It's peculiar that no attempt was made to provide an outline of the failed abduction. Laying the blame for the kidnapping on the FF, while there is nothing terrorist about the murder? Very disjointed as a narrative. Something completely lacking is the motive for the intruder. The SA aspect was hidden by the staging rather than emphasized which is understandable given the chronic situation.

As JB's parents it would be expected that their DNA would be on JB's things. If one of the parents wiped her, they could have removed the size 12s when they pulled them down. It's reasonable that the parents would not want to leave their child unclothed, but that would have left a clearer indication of what happened with the intruder. Overall the CS seems the product of many hands. There were changes of direction in what was meant to be conveyed. How did the 118k play into the killing? Where did the FF go? Much of this was derived from films.

Last edited:
UKGuy,
So, this is your reasoning. I just can’t buy PR asphyxiating JB. I know there are moms out there that are jealous; I had one. I realize there are mom’s out there that murder their children and do many unspeakable acts to them. Yet, even in the midst of saving BR; I find it hard to believe PR even staged this portion. This is MOO. Perhaps she did and this is one of the reasons she threw up in the Sunroom the next morning. Who knows? Her fiber evidence is in the paint tray, ligature etc. but we must remember she walked out of that house that day with those cloths on. What they tested and what those fibers really belong to is questionable.

icedtea4me directed me to the JR BPD interview in 1998. I did not realize how many times there is mention of the scarf! It’s right there. FW has his hands on it.

We do not know how pressed they actually were. We do know that there were 2 rough drafts of the RN and the final RN that was written. I believe they said 25 minutes. Still, if you consider this and the time in which they said they awoke (?) there isn’t enough time to cover penning the RN in and of itself. Much less reaching out to their political connections to help in this cover up and it’s staging. No wonder the pineapple was overlooked.

Rain on my Parade,
So, this is your reasoning.
Well it's not an A to Z account of BDI that would need a book and a fat lawyers fee for post-editing, to avoid being sued.

I just can’t buy PR asphyxiating JB.
Why not?

Could be with JonBenet in a coma Patsy decides to mercy kill JonBenet, or she thinks JonBenet is already dead as she appears comatose?

Patsy's fibers are embedded into the ligature knotting, that's difficult to reconcile with Patsy not asphyxiating JonBenet?

Then we have Patsy's fibers on the sticky side of the duct-tape placed over JonBenet's mouth, and in the paint-tote.

Also there is Patsy's touch-dna on various crime-scene artifacts.

Of course Patsy might have constructed the ligature and handed it to John to end JonBenet's life, pretty brutal either way?

Patently if you think Patsy did not asphyxiate JonBenet, then the case cannot be PDI?

So do you reckon the case is JDI or BDI and who do you reckon asphyxiated Patsy's Pageant Princess?

The garrote used was not a Philippines style version as this type would have torn JonBenet hair out at the roots. Look at the Autopsy Pictures, you can see where the Coroner has snipped JonBenet's hair away from the ligature, any twisting movement would have torn JonBenet's hair out.

Sure, I agree. Could be he had been coached with a story along similar lines but he messed up on the details as he spoke?

Midnight would be the earliest time of death. It could have been 1AM too. This is the importance of the pineapple. Mrs. Staunton may have heard a scream at 2. The Rs say that JB was in bed around 10PM. But she could not have been asleep long because a little later she ate the pineapple. So, this interval of a couple of hours is unaccounted for. PR won't recognize the bowl with her fingerprints on the 26th. BTW is caffeine a good beverage for BR before reitirng?

The latest the RN could have been written is about 5:20AM. When it was actually written is significant. If there were premeditation, it could have been written before the murder. The practice note seems to eliminate that possibility. How synchronized were the RN and the WC staging? It's remarkable how little they both relate. The author could have been writing while the other staged with one not aware of what the other was up to? Or the RN could have been an earlier scenario that was rejected as the WC was restaged? However, the RN was always intended as a dramatic monologue for PR. The note was meant to be spoken aloud not just read: "Listen carefully!" Dis she need time to rehearse?

In a BDI vein, the RN could be attempting the difficult task of explaining the clumsy staging which BR had already done. PR was a good writer, but nothing about the WC suggests a kidnapping gone wrong. It's peculiar that no attempt was made to provide an outline of the failed abduction. Laying the blame for the kidnapping on the FF, while there is nothing terrorist about the murder? Very disjointed as a narrative. Something completely lacking is the motive for the intruder. The SA aspect was hidden by the staging rather than emphasized which is understandable given the chronic situation.

As JB's parents it would be expected that their DNA would be on JB's things. If one of the parents wiped her, they could have removed the size 12s when they pulled them down. It's reasonable that the parents would not want to leave their child unclothed, but that would have left a clearer indication of what happened with the intruder. Overall the CS seems the product of many hands. There were changes of direction in what was meant to be conveyed. How did the 118k play into the killing? Where did the FF go? Much of this was derived from films.

proust20,
The RN was authored by one or both of the parents. The grammar structure and foreign words used exceed that of BR's know how.

The RN is redundant as JonBenet is discovered deceased. Its real function is to offer an explanation why JonBenet has moved from her bedroom to the wine-cellar. The parents own version of events tell you this.

PR was a good writer, but nothing about the WC suggests a kidnapping gone wrong.
That's because it's not a kidnapping gone wrong, i.e. what went wrong?

It's ad hoc staging by the parents to tidy up BR's amateurish attempt at staging: likely a broken basement window, a weapon to whack JonBenet on the head, and a redressing in the Bloomingdale's size-12's along with a pair of Burke's long johns?

As JB's parents it would be expected that their DNA would be on JB's things.
Same with their fibers, including those of BR.

Which would make a court case difficult to manage.

Wiping JonBenet down, who ever did it, and not redressing JonBenet again, means all those involved knew JonBenet had been sexually assaulted, and really this does not match a FF abduction scenario for money

The SA was meant to be hidden from view, it was not staging intending to influence the investigators, those involved knew the SA would be revealed eventually, they knew bloodstains visible on JonBenet's thighs would collapse their Kidnapping Staging from the get go.

The RN must surface after the parents decide to tweak BR's childish staging, i.e. it's a second or third attempt at staging?

<snip>The garrote used was not a Philippines style version as this type would have torn JonBenet hair out at the roots. Look at the Autopsy Pictures, you can see where the Coroner has snipped JonBenet's hair away from the ligature, any twisting movement would have torn JonBenet's hair out.</snip>

Yes, it was. That's why John referred to the paintbrush as a twister on pg 0284 of his 1998 BPD interview.

http://www.acandyrose.com/1998BPD-John-Interview-Complete.htm

JonBenet's hair had been fastened at the nape of her neck and could have easily been moved out of the way.

Yes, it was. That's why John referred to the paintbrush as a twister on pg 0284 of his 1998 BPD interview.

http://www.acandyrose.com/1998BPD-John-Interview-Complete.htm

JonBenet's hair had been fastened at the nape of her neck and could have easily been moved out of the way.

Well I'm sure John just has to be right:
“When I use a word,’ Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, ‘it means just what I choose it to mean — neither more nor less.’

No, it was still a garrote, but it was this type of garrote that was used in the Philippines for executions where John had been stationed as a Civil Engineer Corps officer when he was in the Navy.

https://www.amazon.com/Historic-Print-Garotte-Bilibid-Philippines/dp/B003HX340K

The rod is twisted to tighten the band around the prisoner's neck.

icedtea4me,
Could be but there is this: The device "acted as a noose rather than a true garrote. The point where the rope became a noose was at the back of the neck, which suggested to some that JonBenét was lying facedown when the ligature was tied." (Schiller 1999, S. 661)

icedtea4me,
Could be but there is this: The device "acted as a noose rather than a true garrote. The point where the rope became a noose was at the back of the neck, which suggested to some that JonBenét was lying facedown when the ligature was tied." (Schiller 1999, S. 661)

1. What did Schiller think was a true garrote?
2. Was Schiller aware that the cord was found tied with a double knot around JonBenet's neck (autopsy report)?
3. Was Schiller aware that the other end of the cord could've been tied to and then wrapped around the paintbrush after JonBenet had been killed as a distraction?

An obvious problem with the ligature is that the cord/rope has never been found or sourced, as is so with the duct tape and what was used to wipe her. JB's limbs are entwined without the secure knotting of the ligature. This is likely postmortem staging; although JB's abuser could have been playing a twisted game. With this accumulation of key evidence missing, why not take the ligature too? The ad hoc paintbrush belonged to PR. Indeed it may have played a dual role in the crime. "Mind Reader" shows an interest in forensics, which PR demonstrated when throwing herself on the body in front of the invitees. Getting rid of the ligature along with everything else seems prudent. Is it certain that JB was asphyxiated with the ligature and not manually strangled first? The the ligature was staging? I don't believe that the device is actually a garotte. It took time and imagination to make it. This explains the gap between head blow and strangulation?

A missing prop is what was used for the head blow. The Maglite is suspicious but perhaps is meant to be. Its placement in the CS photos
does not tell a story. It's just there for no particular reason. The wiped batteries might be to suggest an intruder; but, one should think that its use as the weapon would be dramatized, instead of just a maybe. The nearby pillow is curious but also without a clear message about events. The Rs ought to have watched movies more carefully to learn how to flesh out a scene.

If JB bled that night from the assault, had this happened to her before during a previous attack? Calling Dr. Beuf several times in one day and forgetting why? JB could not be taken to hospital because of the SA. This guilty knowledge amounts to a conspiracy by the family, which is reflected in the GJ indictments. Perhaps there was a naive assumption that the chronic situation could be covered over with a fresh attack? Although IMO the assault was real, which may have been both cleaned up and exagerrated. Somehow, I've come back to the reason for wiping her and who thought it necessary?

Last edited:
Also there is Patsy's touch-dna on various crime-scene artifacts.

UKGuy,
As are Burke’s.

Patently if you think Patsy did not asphyxiate JonBenet, then the case cannot be PDI?

So do you reckon the case is JDI or BDI and who do you reckon asphyxiated Patsy's Pageant Princess?

Garrote" - Forensic Analysis
Fingerprints

CBI reported in February 1997 that no fingerprints were found on the "garrote"

Fibers/Hairs

Fibers identical to fibers from the jacket Patsy Ramsey was wearing on night of the killing were found "tied into the ligature found on JonBenet's neck"
Break down: there were not identical!

Blood/Urine

Blood was detected on the cord of the "garrote"

DNA

The DNA from the cord of the "garrote" was a mixed sample with a major component from JonBenet Ramsey, and an unidentified minor component. The minor component was not consistent with any member of the Ramsey family, nor with the "unidentified male 1" profile derived from the underwear.

Since there was blood on the cord , then we can deduce that the ligature was constructed with the paintbrush after she was SA.

IMO BR constructed the ligature (hence the wire beside her body) first, then either PR and JR went behind and staged. Sure, they say her jacket fibers were everywhere. So, maybe we should be asking ourselves why is there evidence of PR and BR but the only forensic evidence pointing to JR (in the entire crime) is found in the JB labia? Did JR help write the note and just wipe JB? Leather gloves were probably used. I believe the live video of that day PR walked out her front door in a fur coat, purse and gloves. Lights, camera, action. Still to answer your question … I do not believe PR was capable of killing her child but it’s definitely a possibility.

The garrote used was not a Philippines style version as this type would have torn JonBenet hair out at the roots. Look at the Autopsy Pictures, you can see where the Coroner has snipped JonBenet's hair away from the ligature, any twisting movement would have torn JonBenet's hair out.

Agreed. IMO the paintbrush was added simply as staging.

UKGuy,
As are Burke’s.

Garrote" - Forensic Analysis
Fingerprints

CBI reported in February 1997 that no fingerprints were found on the "garrote"

Fibers/Hairs

Fibers identical to fibers from the jacket Patsy Ramsey was wearing on night of the killing were found "tied into the ligature found on JonBenet's neck"
Break down: there were not identical!

Blood/Urine

Blood was detected on the cord of the "garrote"

DNA

The DNA from the cord of the "garrote" was a mixed sample with a major component from JonBenet Ramsey, and an unidentified minor component. The minor component was not consistent with any member of the Ramsey family, nor with the "unidentified male 1" profile derived from the underwear.

Since there was blood on the cord , then we can deduce that the ligature was constructed with the paintbrush after she was SA.

IMO BR constructed the ligature (hence the wire beside her body) first, then either PR and JR went behind and staged. Sure, they say her jacket fibers were everywhere. So, maybe we should be asking ourselves why is there evidence of PR and BR but the only forensic evidence pointing to JR (in the entire crime) is found in the JB labia? Did JR help write the note and just wipe JB? Leather gloves were probably used. I believe the live video of that day PR walked out her front door in a fur coat, purse and gloves. Lights, camera, action. Still to answer your question … I do not believe PR was capable of killing her child but it’s definitely a possibility.

Agreed. IMO the paintbrush was added simply as staging.

Rain on my Parade,
UKGuy,
As are Burke’s.
Sure, but no BR fibers embedded in the ligature knotting or on the duct-tape?

i.e. If the parents can leave their fibers at the crime-scene, why not Burke?

Unless of course, they are there, but due the Colorado Child Protection Statutes, BR's crime-scene fibers cannot be released, could be the same for his touch-dna on JonBenet?

Yes. This where the parents break the paintbrush, so to remove the bloodstained end, and apply the middle as part of the ligature device. Removing the bloodstained tip suggests the use of the paintbrush in the ligature device is staging?

Demonstrating whether John or Patsy ligature asphyxiated JonBenet is not critical to showing how a BDI is consistent with the forensic evidence. Similar to the status of the Head Blow, i.e. we can accept it happened, and ignore the details?

The only real unknown wrt a BDI is where did it all take place?

Patently JonBenet was moved, this is part of the staging, but from where, and who did it?

Looks as if BR SA JonBenet both digitally and using the paintbrush, which the parents then refactor as part of the ligature device?

Get this, with BR telling Dr Phil he was downstairs after everyone was in bed, this means we can place him near to the crime-scene.

Note: BR had nothing to say about his fingerprints being present in the breakfast-bar, where JonBenet snacked pineapple.

Could be BR snuck downstairs with JonBenet to treat themselves to a pineapple snack and search out unopened gifts?

The only RDI to date that makes any sense of the evidence is BDI.

I've yet to see a cogent and consistent PDI or JDI that explains as much as BDI does.

As the cord around JB's neck was embedded in her skin and not even readily visible, that would surely lead to blood evidence on it. Or am I considering the wrong section of cord? I am not certain that blow came first. A narrative that a maniac invaded the home was key to the RN. The WC scene has zero to do with the RN. Some sort of story had to be laid out for investigators. The emotional/psychological state of the household after the murder had to be off the charts. Under such conditions, I do not believe that the Rs would be thinking lucidly. Maybe we should all get real drunk and then opine! LOL Perhaps then we'd be more in sync with their deceitful train of thought. In fact, weren't all three Rs part of the CS?

Often it is said that JB was moved down to the basement. Maybe, but there is no trace of that in the house, nor is there any apparent cover up as to where she may have been accosted initially? More staging? JB voided herself outside the WC. This is important. Where did the chronic SA take place? It could be a bedroom, but that doesn't seem a secure location. The basement would be an appropriate place. The WC didn't have windows and sounds would be difficult to hear from there? If BR were the abuser, something had to trigger him to go to extremes that night. How much passion is a 9 year old capable of? BR's drawing for Dr. Bernhard had peculiarities, but I've never come across a SA interpretation of it. As far as we know, BR never acted out after the murder. His quasi-celebrity status would have given him opportunities. It's a cheap shot, but JR could afford his fantasies with escorts during business trips. Although, LE probably monitored his activities. But hey - what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas. With the Alice-in-Wonderland logic/illogic of this case, the lack of evidence pointing to JR could in fact be damning?

The ligature could be staging, but then JB would have to have been strangled in some other way. Unlike many, I view the crime as a frenzy of violence. Which ever R did it, they had to decompress quickly as the BPD would inevitably come knocking soon. Perhaps, they could do this due to a lack of empathy and remorse. JB had been a crime victim for some time. The abuser had no qualms about it. So why end a good thing? On Christmas, JB was the victim of more than one crime. This was a persistent pattern that came to a shattering, infamous conclusion.

Last edited:
<snip>Get this, with BR telling Dr Phil he was downstairs after everyone was in bed, this means we can place him near to the crime-scene.</snip>

Are you saying that Dr Phil didn't know that Burke went back downstairs until Burke told him?

(I think it's extremely disturbing that you have this insatiable desire to blame JonBenet's death on a 9-yr old rather than an adult like yourself.)

As the cord around JB's neck was embedded in her skin and not even readily visible, that would surely lead to blood evidence on it. Or am I considering the wrong section of cord? I am not certain that blow came first. A narrative that a maniac invaded the home was key to the RN. The WC scene has zero to do with the RN. Some sort of story had to be laid out for investigators. The emotional/psychological state of the household after the murder had to be off the charts. Under such conditions, I do not believe that the Rs would be thinking lucidly. Maybe we should all get real drunk and then opine! LOL Perhaps then we'd be more in sync with their deceitful train of thought. In fact, weren't all three Rs part of the CS?

Often it is said that JB was moved down to the basement. Maybe, but there is no trace of that in the house, nor is there any apparent cover up as to where she may have been accosted initially? More staging? JB voided herself outside the WC. This is important. Where did the chronic SA take place? It could be a bedroom, but that doesn't seem a secure location. The basement would be an appropriate place. The WC didn't have windows and sounds would be difficult to hear from there? If BR were the abuser, something had to trigger him to go to extremes that night. How much passion is a 9 year old capable of? BR's drawing for Dr. Bernhard had peculiarities, but I've never come across a SA interpretation of it. As far as we know, BR never acted out after the murder. His quasi-celebrity status would have given him opportunities. It's a cheap shot, but JR could afford his fantasies with escorts during business trips. Although, LE probably monitored his activities. But hey - what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas. With the Alice-in-Wonderland logic/illogic of this case, the lack of evidence pointing to JR could in fact be damning?

The ligature could be staging, but then JB would have to have been strangled in some other way. Unlike many, I view the crime as a frenzy of violence. Which ever R did it, they had to decompress quickly as the BPD would inevitably come knocking soon. Perhaps, they could do this due to a lack of empathy and remorse. JB had been a crime victim for some time. The abuser had no qualms about it. So why end a good thing? On Christmas, JB was the victim of more than one crime. This was a persistent pattern that came to a shattering, infamous conclusion.

proust20,
Some sort of story had to be laid out for investigators.
Sure, and JonBenet being kidnapped was the story, all fake of course.

Under such conditions, I do not believe that the Rs would be thinking lucidly.
Yes, and we know this to be the fact. Both John and Patsy made statements to investigators which they later retracted.

In fact, weren't all three Rs part of the CS?
The factual, available forensic evidence demonstrates that all three remaining Ramsey's colluded postmortem, to stage the homicide of JonBenet.

Often it is said that JB was moved down to the basement. Maybe, ...
No Maybe, JonBenet was moved as the parents say she was carried into the house, put sleeping to bed, then she was found the next morning dead in the basement wine-cellar!

Where did the chronic SA take place?
Most likely a bedroom? The bedroom doors had locks.

The ligature could be staging, but then JB would have to have been strangled in some other way.
It's staging because no ligature was required to asphyxiate JonBenet, a hand over the mouth or a pillow would have been sufficient.

Patently JonBenet's abuser lost the plot and went postal, then it was staged as something else, followed by the parents abduction scenario.

UKGuy is correct that JB had to be carried down to the basement. The stained floor outside the WC is where JB expired. Either she walked down or was carried unconscious. Walking down in the long johns and size 12s is out of the question. The head blow was at least 40 min. before death. Part of this time was spent redressing? The ligature was fashioned with the paintbrush in the cellar. That it was found on the body does not mean that JB was not manually strangled first; but, as the stained floor shows where she died, the strangulation/asphyxiation did not happen upstairs?

The extra hair tie has JB awake in her bedroom after coming home. She was wearing the size 6 Wed. pair, or why else try to replace them? The pineapple was eaten around midnight. The bowl of it situates BR at the breakfast bar during the same time. This restless, hungry girl doesn't equate with the exhausted JB of at least one R version. In 1hr+ she will be dead. Did the kids ever return upstairs from the kitchen? There aren't signs of a brutal incident anywhere. The fracture pattern suggests that JB may have been prone when hit, and that is in keeping with a bedroom. Certainly, things could (must) have been cleaned up. The house being a mess helped as nothing in particular would seem out of place. The rat's nest atop JB's (and JAR's) bed must have been normal, or else LHP would have commented.

Much of this tilts BDI. Would he be able to carry JB down at least one flight of stairs? If he redressed her, what was he hiding? There couldn't have been that much blood? Would BR be strong enough to strangle JB manually? BR's own version with Dr. Bernhard had JB being led downstairs at knifepoint. This eliminates the problem of transporting her. BR' bedroom appeared so tidy compared to the others. How much straightening up did FW do there?

The head blow did not bleed externally which was lucky for the perp as it made it very difficult to situate within the house. The implement which was used to strike JB is the important unknown. This boils down to almost anywhere with something or other?

Last edited:
UKGuy is correct that JB had to be carried down to the basement. The stained floor outside the WC is where JB expired. Either she walked down or was carried unconscious. Walking down in the long johns and size 12s is out of the question. The head blow was at least 40 min. before death. Part of this time was spent redressing? The ligature was fashioned with the paintbrush in the cellar. That it was found on the body does not mean that JB was not manually strangled first; but, as the stained floor shows where she died, the strangulation/asphyxiation did not happen upstairs?

The extra hair tie has JB awake in her bedroom after coming home. She was wearing the size 6 Wed. pair, or why else try to replace them? The pineapple was eaten around midnight. The bowl of it situates BR at the breakfast bar during the same time. This restless, hungry girl doesn't equate with the exhausted JB of at least one R version. In 1hr+ she will be dead. Did the kids ever return upstairs from the kitchen? There aren't signs of a brutal incident anywhere. The fracture pattern suggests that JB may have been prone when hit, and that is in keeping with a bedroom. Certainly, things could (must) have been cleaned up. The house being a mess helped as nothing in particular would seem out of place. The rat's nest atop JB's (and JAR's) bed must have been normal, or else LHP would have commented.

Much of this tilts BDI. Would he be able to carry JB down at least one flight of stairs? If he redressed her, what was he hiding? There couldn't have been that much blood? Would BR be strong enough to strangle JB manually? BR's own version with Dr. Bernhard had JB being led downstairs at knifepoint. This eliminates the problem of transporting her. BR' bedroom appeared so tidy compared to the others. How much straightening up did FW do there?

The head blow did not bleed externally which was lucky for the perp as it made it very difficult to situate within the house. The implement which was used to strike JB is the important unknown. This boils down to almost anywhere with something or other?
proust20,
Either she walked down or was carried unconscious.
It's likely she was carried down, unconscious.

The initial staging, redressing cleaning up, etc would be done at the primary crime scheme.

e.g. a bedroom?

Could be the breakfast bar, but given we know JonBenet was prepared for bed, i.e. hair-tie, and missing pink pajama bottoms and size-6 Bloomingdale's underwear, her bedroom is a candidate location.

Burke may have carried or dragged JonBenet down to the basement, this might explain some of the contusions and abrasions on JonBenet's body?

BR' bedroom appeared so tidy compared to the others. How much straightening up did FW do there?
Far too tidy. Kids of Burke's age usually have untidy, disorganized bedrooms.

Fleet White knows how much of Burke's version of events is kosher as he could verify it from what he saw in Burke's bedroom.

How do we know this: because Fleet White tells us himself in his sparse account including his exchange with John regarding Burke.

Fleet White would likely not be aware that Burke was colluding with his parents to fake a post mortem homicide narrative?

How much straightening up did FW do there?
Fleet White states he made Burke's bed.

The implement which was used to strike JB is the important unknown.
It could have been thrown out the basement broken window?

FW making BR's bed is somewhat compulsive during a kidnapping. Whatever he had seen in the basement together with BR's room, and what BR may have said in the car, could have been alarming. Throw in the phony RN, and it's easy to see how suspicion would arise. The Rs projected their guilt onto him. At first, they warned other parents about a maniac prowling Boulder.

BR carrying an unconscious JB down the stairs? If this were from the breakfast bar, there'd be one flight plus the distance to the WC. Of course, if a bedroom, then another flight and more distance. The parents mustn't be awakened by any of this. Semi-darkness until the basement? The lights could be on in the breakfast bar though. Did JR say that the lights in the basement were on in the morning?

The head blow occurs upstairs, and is followed by the redressing? The size 12s could have been stored near JB's bed. PR might have misplaced them among JB's things? Not finding them she couldn't send them to her niece? Anyway, the exact nature of what the redressing was meant to disguise remains obscure. Any of the Rs would have the same motive in getting rid of evidence that would incriminate. BR would have to have had the knowledge that something about the size 6s (and pj bottoms?) would point to his guilt. Blood would have been very difficult to remove from bed coverings or carpet. Then choose to strangle her 40 min. later way down in the basement? The ligature with the paintbrush could be staging; but, she was asphyxiated.

As JB did not die in the WC, everything within it is staged. By how many? The white blanket suggests that she was moved into the WC from just outside of it. The Swiss Army knife? More likely that BR would have dropped it there then intentionally left it? Why would a parent put it there?
BDI implies his awareness of the SA.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads