LIST Case Questions and Answers For Members #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe someone here has insight into the role of physicians in psych. hospitals.

I think we can assume, they wouldn't give George some happy pills and discharge him.

I think they have numerous counselling sessions coupled with anti-desressants.

Question: How deep into the problem do they go? Would they touch on George's denial of acknowledging that KC did kill Caylee????????

I hope someone can shed a bit of light on this.. Thanks..Paula

Paula:
I am basing my experience on Psych wards due to my mom's dementia....

day one of the hospitalization they looked at psych hospitals...day one at the psych hospital they were looking for placement....

After she was somewhat "stabelized" insurance started demanding that we place mom or they would stop payment on the hospitalization....so we went forward with placement--AGAINST what the docs & medical staff felt --- she was back in psych ward within 72 hours...I was even told on the intial release that hopefully she would last the 72 hours to re-gain insurance coverage....there was increased pressure due to who would pay for what--all came down basically to what the insurance expected...so I would assume if he has insurance they may only pay the initial stay and cover the rest out patient....if he doesn't have insurance you can bet your bottom dollar the want him out asap (good luck on finding out patient care without insurance as well--trust me on this one! not psych just reg medical care w/o insruance! JOKE!:furious:)

hopefully that made sense....but everytime mom was in hospital they were immediatly looking for where she would reside next...

I can also say that when the label "psych" got on mom it was harder and harder to obtain info and I had poa of medical...they have codes and such---they really abide by HIPPA (mom had dementa and wouldn't be able to think most times 5 minutes ago--with meds one second)---I can also tell you that I would be coming down on anyone who went on TV and announced all this about me.....I would be furious...It isn't bc place...he should have stuck with "no comment" it does work...then yells and screams about media???? He encourages it....:banghead::furious: I wish instead of gettng his face all over tv he would concentaate on getting that baby buried--that would be the best thing ever for his clients....

Maybe someone here has insight into the role of physicians in psych. hospitals.

I think we can assume, they wouldn't give George some happy pills and discharge him.

I think they have numerous counselling sessions coupled with anti-desressants.

Question: How deep into the problem do they go? Would they touch on George's denial of acknowledging that KC did kill Caylee????????

I hope someone can shed a bit of light on this.. Thanks..Paula

I have 22 years of mental health experience, both outpatient and inpatient.

When a patient presents in crisis, we do a dangerousness assessment. Sometimes, the crisis can be managed on an outpatient basis with an appropriate crisis response plan. If the patient is acutely dangerous, ie suicidal/homicidal ideation with plan, means, and intent, we hospitalize them. Most go voluntarily, some need to be admitted against their will.

Upon admission, we do a complete history and physical, including a tox screen to see what substances are on board. The patient is further evaluated by inpatient staff and a treatment plan is established. Once the acute crisis has passed, typically within 24-48 hours, discharge planning begins. An aftercare plan is developed, including outpatient follow-up.

At 72 hours, quite often the crisis has passed and the patient is stable enough to be discharged to home.

No, the inpatient staff will not delve in depth into the patient's problems. That is part of the outpatient follow-up plan. During a crisis admission, the goal of treatment is to stabilize and release the patient, not to psychoanalyze them. Once the danger is past, actual treatment is done on an outpatient basis.

Hope that helps.

I have a question:

According to the reports, Caylee's complete skeleton was found. Does this mean that her finger nails were recovered too? I only ask because if they were, there could be something attached to them. If she struggled and scratched her attacker?

Insurance?????

Well, GA is jobless, remember, he is interviewing..... So, I dobt HE has insurance.

Now, CA..I would doubt that CA has a job to return to.. maybe she is still on Leave..but, let's face it, it is going on 7.5 months now. How long will they keep her insurance in effect? If it isn't in effect, it would go to COBRA. I've heard tell that COBRA is like $1000. to $1500. a month. I doubt those payments could be met..

So that leaves , in all probability, no insurance.

Maybe some Pschiartrist would take him on "pro-bono" like the rest of their group... Surly CA is under some counselling..never mind that, I take that BACK!

I have 22 years of mental health experience, both outpatient and inpatient.

When a patient presents in crisis, we do a dangerousness assessment. Sometimes, the crisis can be managed on an outpatient basis with an appropriate crisis response plan. If the patient is acutely dangerous, ie suicidal/homicidal ideation with plan, means, and intent, we hospitalize them. Most go voluntarily, some need to be admitted against their will.

Upon admission, we do a complete history and physical, including a tox screen to see what substances are on board. The patient is further evaluated by inpatient staff and a treatment plan is established. Once the acute crisis has passed, typically within 24-48 hours, discharge planning begins. An aftercare plan is developed, including outpatient follow-up.

At 72 hours, quite often the crisis has passed and the patient is stable enough to be discharged to home.

No, the inpatient staff will not delve in depth into the patient's problems. That is part of the outpatient follow-up plan. During a crisis admission, the goal of treatment is to stabilize and release the patient, not to psychoanalyze them. Once the danger is past, actual treatment is done on an outpatient basis.

Hope that helps.

I also have history with this and your post was 100% accurate.

Paula:
I am basing my experience on Psych wards due to my mom's dementia....

day one of the hospitalization they looked at psych hospitals...day one at the psych hospital they were looking for placement....

After she was somewhat "stabelized" insurance started demanding that we place mom or they would stop payment on the hospitalization....so we went forward with placement--AGAINST what the docs & medical staff felt --- she was back in psych ward within 72 hours...I was even told on the intial release that hopefully she would last the 72 hours to re-gain insurance coverage....there was increased pressure due to who would pay for what--all came down basically to what the insurance expected...so I would assume if he has insurance they may only pay the initial stay and cover the rest out patient....if he doesn't have insurance you can bet your bottom dollar the want him out asap (good luck on finding out patient care without insurance as well--trust me on this one! not psych just reg medical care w/o insruance! JOKE!:furious:)

hopefully that made sense....but everytime mom was in hospital they were immediatly looking for where she would reside next...

Yes, it's an insurance issue. The goal of an inpatient facility is to stabilize the patient and discharge them. The patient may still be depressed, psychotic, etc, but as soon as they are no longer "acutely" dangerous to themselves or others, they are discharged to a lower level of care. Patients are held in inpatient facilities for safety only - actual treatment is done on an outpatient basis. If the patient is lucky his insurance will cover outpatient treatment, but if not, the patient is basically out of luck.

Community and county mental health clinics do offer treatment based on a sliding scale - you are charged based on what you can afford. These clinics are always overwhelmed and understaffed so care is sometimes not the greatest, but it's better than nothing.

Thank You Charlston Girl!!!!!!:clap:

Interesting! In other words, once discharges, probably with meds, e is ok for the moment, day by day, the "reason" for the act is still there! Bandaid effect??? Back to square one... Of course, uless there is follow-up treatment to bring the root of the problem to the surface...

Thank you again, Paula

Hi Pink... I can't find anything in the article about LA being questioned...could you re-post the link? TIA :crazy:

Here's a link to the video on WESH that talks about questioning LA:

http://www.wesh.com/video/18560970/index.html

It says that some of the investigators who are credited with possibly saving GA's life, are now going back to asking tough questions, including "What did LA know about Caylee's disappearance, and when did he know it?"

In the video it says a "source close to the investigation" says of LA "We kind of treat him separately." "He's knows what he's done."

Were we aware before Baez's recent motion that "one small vial containing maggots" and "one small vial containing pupa" existed and were sent for testing? I don't know how I missed it..

GAS CAN QUESTIONS

There is talk of trying to match duct tape found on the gas cans.

Where is that stated?

When did LE collect the tape off the gas cans?

My understanding is they inspected them and gave them back soon after?

I am still asking if there is any reference as to whether they were totally empty when
GA first got the back off KC?

Does anyone known what the level of chloroform is in a ‘dryer sheet’?
How many of those sheets would that have to be in the trunk to cause abnormally high readings of chloroform that were found in the air test on the trunk of Casey car?
Is there any way that one loose sheet found in middle of the rear seat and 4 loose sheets contained inside of a standard kitchen type household garbage bad would effect an air test to a point that it would no longer be accurate?

Thank you,
Shadow

GAS CAN QUESTIONS

There is talk of trying to match duct tape found on the gas cans.

Where is that stated?

When did LE collect the tape off the gas cans?

My understanding is they inspected them and gave them back soon after?

I am still asking if there is any reference as to whether they were totally empty when
GA first got the back off KC
?

bolded by me

There is nothing in the documents that I have read and the only mention of the gas cans that I recall is Cindy was asked about the cans and she said that they had been used by Lee to mow the lawn after June 24th.
I'm not postive but I don't think that is in any of her LE interview I think its in a media interveiw but I have no idea which one it would be.

Best I can do with this. As far as media interviews I have not listened to much of what the A's have said to the media, especialy since the begining of October so I don't have a good handle of who said what and when.
Shadow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members