Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bullet Casing Theory:

I'm thinking that it's possible the bullet casing originally landed on the sink or elsewhere, blood got on the floor, then casing either got wiped off of counter, or redeposited as JA was cleaning up the floor by swiping the towel across it or something similar.

When she was testifying on cross, she seemed to be trying to tell more about that casing, something like, 'it wasn't there' but that did not get further explored. I'm more of the gun shot came first approach because of the risk of a knife attack. In the intruder story, she states the gunshot came first.

And apparently, once the knife was drawn, I find it unlikely it was set down given the defensive wounds, and wounds all over. Also in that scenario, she would have to have a knife in one hand, gun in the other, or put the knife down to shoot, she remembers it clanging to the floor, which IMO was a point when she knew he was dead.

Yes, these are powerful points. A knife attack is inherently dangerous to the perpetrator as they have to make physical contact with the victim. TA was larger and probably rather more powerful than JA - a risk it could all backfire on her.

Does anyone know how many years of experience "Bigger" Gus Samuels has?
He has never mentioned it. :lol:

BBM

As soon as I heard about this new order my mind immediately jumped to:

1. Samuels' reply to Juan's question about his fee: "$250 per hour at the time of coming on to this case". So, is the defence afraid Juan is going to show Samuels' rate became higher later, and he has once again deliberately misled the jury?

2. More importantly, the billing information will show the number of hours Samuels spent with Arias. The defence has already made the jail visitor records unavailable to Juan. Is the defence afraid he is going to go after those billing hours and show Samuels spent more hours with Arias than he claimed. Notice Samuels was not specific on that point. Is this where Juan can prove bias and fondness?

3. Arias has been carrying her jacket in a very strange way to cover her lower left arm. Has she been in a 'scrap' with a not so supportive jail mate? Is this order to keep that information hushed?

bbm

I think that is an excellent point, you make and would coincide with timing of request along with blocking Laviolette's billing info

I noticed a long scar on her arm. Maybe doesn't evidence of the wound she hasn't mentioned or couldn't possibly remember anything about while in her "fog" :what:

Trying to square this:

JA repeatedly claims that she has an excellent memory.

Only now, after being charged with 1st degree murder, Arias and her DT, including Doc 2 1/2 Franklins, would have us believe that the defendant cannot recall anything at all after she first shoots TA, until she's driving into the desert sunset, covered in dried blood. RS, in his testiphoney, claimed that the more intense the trauma -- what could be more intense than this brutal, bloody, close-in, face-to-face murder of a former paramour? -- the less likely the defendant is to remember anything at all, as the memory of that "trow-ma" was "...never recorded."

Except that later, she recalls things coming back. Vague memories, and a qualified recollection of placing a knife in a dishwasher, not necessarily on June 4. Recently, she has even recalled that she screamed and heard the knife "clang" when she dropped it on TA's bathroom tile floor.

Question for Doc 2 1/2 Franklins: If the memories between the shooting and the desert were never "recorded", how are they now "coming back in bits and pieces" as she claims?

That in itself is such a load of crap. She knew exactly where she was headed! Utah! She wasn't driving in any "fog", she had an itinerary, and was following it!

Yes, these are powerful points. A knife attack is inherently dangerous to the perpetrator as they have to make physical contact with the victim. TA was larger and probably rather more powerful than JA - a risk it could all backfire on her.

Another reason it seems so odd she would encumber herself with that camera during the attack. A gun, a knife, and a camera?

I believe her Ninja interrogation was mostly true to the point that the Ninjas appeared, and the water droplet photograph story was the true ruse to get him in the shower. If you watch the interrogation, she's speaking fluently and energetically in this part because it's truly what happened. Her story doesn't pause or become sporadic until that point - and in every lie, there are elements of truth.

:welcome6: :welcome4:

Welcome and good question. Rather than give the pedophilia issue any credence, I think the state is going with the approach that nothing JA said was on the computer was in fact on it, and amongst everything else she has lied about, add this to the list of unbelievable. Right now, the only evidence we have that TA was a pedophile, is JA's testimony, no other evidence exists that he was a pedophile or a collector of breast pics.

Thank you very much.

I agree that there is no evidence anywhere to substantiate anything this lying, murdering Jodi person has claimed..its just that along with her defense team, they throw so much bs out there, we are all trying to make some kind of sense of it

:lol:

What bothered me the most was it gave "Bigger Gus" a chance to see and go over all the questions from the juors. I wanted him to be caught off guard with them, and not have a chance to think of what he was going to say when they were asked.

I was concerned about the defence's chance to prep him in readiness. It didn't help him though, did it? :floorlaugh:

Another reason it seems so odd she would encumber herself with that camera during the attack. A gun, a knife, and a camera?

Don't forget the imaginary rope!

66213_INDIAN_ROPE_TRICK_-_Version_2.png

That is another thing I wish someone would ask the experts. Plus she said he was interested in young girls as well as boys. That doesn't ring true to me -- isn't it always one or the other? But I'm no expert.

ETA: Forgot to say, Welcome to the board! Just be careful -- it is addictive!!!!

Thank you so much,

I agree about this board...consider me addicted!

Right. And am I correct in assuming this information is not sealed forever? It will be made available after the trial is over?

Possibly, but not necessarily. It depends on the nature of what they did, and whether that info would be relevant to the appeal(s).

So when did this lunge get re-grouped? First Jodi said Travis lunged at her and scared her. Then, she said he body-slammed her from dropping the camera. Is that the shot that was taken 3 feet from the floor towards the ceiling?

Lying psychopaths cannot keep their lies straight, even well planned murders don't go according to plans. The police and DAs have seen their kind before, learned from all their mistakes and lies. Jodi's extreme narcissism is going to bottom out on death row when that attention goes away, county jail is probably like a college dorm to this whack-job.

My favorite DrRS statement (paraphrased):

In a premeditated killing, amnesia is less likely to occur.

:welcome6: :welcome4:

TY, I've been a lurker for months. I have a lot of experience in interrogation (job) and can say with a lot of certainty that many details she gave were truthful. Like, he was shot while kneeling in the shower - and most details prior to the introduction to the ninjas - is truth.

We are on the Eastern time zone. My husband doesn't even ask to change the channel anymore. He pretty much knows that if he wants to watch television, he has to do that in the bedroom till about 8. He's trained well!

One thing I've noticed in the trial is that at the end of TA's text to Jodi he tells her ..."or feel the wrath". The defense has, IIRC, changed it to; "or feel MY wrath. I think what TA was trying to tell her was to feel the wrath of God. The defense wants the jurors to believe that it was Travis' wrath that would rain down on her. JMO

Sorry if this ends up a double post.

Respectfully snipped because I couldn't figure out how to unbold the other great points. Still learning here :)

That makes so much sense, great thinking! I hope Juan has thought of it too bc they are going to flog that line for sure :(

Does anyone know how many years of experience "Bigger" Gus Samuels has?
He has never mentioned it. :lol:

I believe 35.

This may be my favorite juror dig at Doc 2 1/2 Franklins:

http://youtu.be/UrvRtuRzOOI?t=21m31s

Ok, when I was about 8 years old I had to have skull surgery and lay on an ice bed for a week or more, I don't fully remember. So according to Gus Jr. I should have PTSD? I don't. Gus Jr. makes it sound like if the wind blows too hard you can get PTSD. Aye yi yi.

Hmm, maybe not if a gun were pointed at the victim then a knife "this big" were used. She could still remain about a foot away from him between knife thrusts, and 8 or 9 inches away during knife thrusts.

The tape on the knife indicates the depth and width of known stabs to TA. One wound to his abdomen was 1 3/4" x 5 3/4"--exactly the dimensions of this knife at that point; the wound to his heart was 1 1/2" x 3 1/2" -- again, exactly represented by this knife. Perhaps because it is a common chef's knife, which I'm thinking she used.

IMG_1193.jpg

How would you feel if you were suddenly confronted by such a knife? Think she wouldn't have the upper hand? Or, as one of our male posters posited the other day, think of any 12 year-old girl wielding even a red paintbrush.

"...because self-esteem truly limits a person's ability to make a mark in this world." ~ R. Samuels, Ph.D in response to a juror's question regarding the ubiquity of low self-esteem in the general population

JA's self-esteem didn't limit her ability to make a gunshot mark, and 29 knife marks on Travis Alexander, now did it?

maybe JA took the pillow into the bathroom to hide a weapon against her chest while taking pictures? i mean, part of the bloody tassel was found in the bathroom and maybe TA grabbed the pillow trying to protect himself. Has the pillow been recovered? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lexus24