LP 11/13 BP Search

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Turbo....you white dog makes me smile when I see him on :)

karate dad is trying to say something....but I couldnt get it...cut in and out

KarateDad is there. :woohoo:

They asked that folks stop sending food for now because they can't keep it all refrigerated.

something about posting on the update page....but im not sure what he said

I agree. The sonar is GREAT but productive for locating larger items like tires, bags, cars, etc.

How is the sonar going to locate one bone? That's why having these divers there is a good thing.

Just my opinion.

Ok. We have a sonar "fish finder" attached to our fishing boat. I'm thinking TM's side sonar a more sophisticated version of the same thing.
It shows the bottom structure, but I doubt it would be able to pick up a tiny bone.
Anyone agree?

Got ahead of myself. Here's a link for "side scan sonar". Interesting info worth taking a look at.
http://gralston1.home.mindspring.com/Sidescan.html
Snipped:
" Law enforcement and search and rescue personnel are frequently required to search for drowning victims as well as missing objects underwater. Typically these searches have been conducted using divers, underwater cameras, and water-trained search dogs. Underwater searching by divers is time consuming and can be very dangerous depending upon water depth, visibility, current, and underwater obstructions.

The lack of good “point last seen” information can extend the search area to tens or hundreds of acres. Often the search area is large because there are no eyewitnesses or the eyewitnesses cannot accurately identify the place where the drowning victim or object was last seen. Large areas are often impossible to effectively search with traditional techniques and consequently searches are terminated after several days and recovery is left to chance.

Gene Ralston, an environmental consultant who specializes in water related environmental issues, has frequently volunteered his equipment and time to assist the Idaho Mountain Search and Rescue Unit, local and national authorities in searching for drowning victims. In early 1999, Gene had the opportunity to experience the successful use of side scan sonar to search for a drowning victim.

Recently, side scan sonar systems have been developed using medical ultrasound technology to dramatically increase resolution of targets such as drowning victims. "

With that being said, though, I really feel more comfortable with the area being searched by divers so it can be crossed off the list of possible areas.

I know they said before no more food....they have enough :)

they are going to go across the whole river

I sure hope they stay until the whole danged area is covered. If nothing found, check it off the list, start somewhere new as soon as possible.

I agree! If LP is going to stay there and search, he might as well go all the way.

TY all for your reports. I don't dare go over to Murts if there is chance on comp crashing. I'm not all that savvy.
Anyway, a couple of questions. How do Wser's feel about this search?
Does anyone have a really good reason to keep searching here besides LP?
Has anything been found or a strong lead for all of this effort to be put into one place?
One last question. Is LP staying until he finds remains and who is putting all of this on? Does TES agree as I know TM said that he didn't the other day.
TIA

Hi cocoamom! did the ship fly today? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members