MA - Bella Bond, 2, found dead, Deer Island, Boston Harbor, June 2015 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Still curious as to what drug they are doing in addition to heroin. Obviously a hallucinogenic. Acid?

My guess would be meth or some stimulant like crack or cocaine. Many addicts are poly drug users and many mix drugs together. This is total speculation but i wouldn't be surprised if they used whatever they could get their hands on. If someone is on a meth binge they can be up for days. Not sure if any of you watch "intervention" but there's an episode about a girl named kristy who is a meth addict and it's seriously insane.

Thank you. People often confuse Disability and SSI. Social Security Disability Income (SSDI) is only available to people who have worked and paid Social Security taxes and became disabled through illness accident, or other causes.
Supplemental Security Income (SSI) Is available to anyone who can qualify because of their inability to EARN ENOUGH income due, sometimes, to disabilities like mental illness, Physical birth defects, etc. It is meant to be "supplemental".
I collect SSDI because I was unable to return to work because of my physical conditions and complications. The amount is based on what you paid in to SS. It infuriates me when people lump those of us who became disabled with those who are collecting (or sponging) off the government. It's my money - I put it there.
People who qualify for SSI generally have a legitimate, documented reason. As taxpayers I see no reason that we should not be willing to help less fortunate people. And for the record, addiction counts as a covered mental illness.

Having said that it also infuriates me that some people are so easily able to take advantage of the SSI benefit, hold good jobs getting paid under the table, pay no taxes, drive nice SUV's, collect EBT and have the latest smart phones.

But you can't tell a drug addict to just quit it and get a job. It's not realistic. I have seen people work very hard to change their lives, get their children back, get a job and earn an income while collecting and taking courses, etc.

These 2 didn't even try AFAIK. And the family, well, it's broken.

MOO

:tyou: :goodpost: My husband draws disability too, but it is his money that he received for working over 30 years... It is very disheartening to see people (not including handicapped, mentally and physically challenged adults) like RB drawing disability when she probably never put in an honest day of hard work in her sickeningly disgusting life. She's the lowest of the low IMO.

I have a child with a speech and language delay and let me say...it is rough. I can see someone with very little patience just snapping because of it. It's scary to think about.

Rochelle was frustrated because her daughter had needs like every other 2 year old and Rochelle was too screwed up and self centered to tend to those needs. Bella's speech had nothing to do with it. Bella probably couldn't understand her mother that slurred a d was high not making sense most if the time. Bella also was most likely not exposed to the outside world much, this never learned to speak properly. She grew up amidst high adults. Furthermore, her mother was probably passed out during the times she wasn't high. A child that isn't spoken to doesn't learn to speak. I'm not buying "Bella had language issues". Her mother just assumed her 2 year old should be able to communicate better so declared she had issues. Exactly like what you see in the video. She's yelling at Bella and Bella is like wth! Rochelle just expected Bella to be like a tiny adult!

But your child probably REALLY has a speech and language delay. Bella was probably never taught anything as she grew up with a mother high on heroin that slurred her words constantly. Your child is probably going to preschool etc so you are getting frustrated that he or she is behind or how much time or money therapy is costing you. Bella was likely not in therapy and definitely not in school.

I have a friend with a child who struggles in school because of his speech and hearing issues. Yes she gets frustrated because he gets frustrated and his grades aren't great. She's a single mom with the bio dad not paying support and speech and writing therapy etc cuts into her work time/income. It's frustrating. But I don't think Rochelle was experiencing this type of frustration as I don't think she was a functioning member of society putting her daughter in therapy etc. I doubt Bella was ever diagnosed with a disability. Rochelle just couldn't understand her so said she had a problem. Abd the resin she couldn't understand her was because Bella was never taught to speak by normal speaking people.

My guess would be meth or some stimulant like crack or cocaine. Many addicts are poly drug users and many mix drugs together. This is total speculation but i wouldn't be surprised if they used whatever they could get their hands on. If someone is on a meth binge they can be up for days. Not sure if any of you watch "intervention" but there's an episode about a girl named kristy who is a meth addict and it's seriously insane.

Flakka is the new drug in town...

"Known on the street as "flakka," the synthetic concoction is hitting hard in Florida, Tennessee, Kentucky, Ohio and other parts of the country. It's causing a rash of emergency room visits and overdose deaths.

"This is the worst drug I have ever seen in my 18 years of law enforcement across the board," said Johnny Bivens, sheriff of Lewis County, Ky. "Nothing compares to this."

Also known as alpha-PVP, it has a similar chemical makeup to other drugs commonly known as "bath salts," according to the National Institute on Drug Abuse.

It typically comes in a white or pink crystalline form and is foul-smelling. It can be eaten, snorted, injected, or vaporized in an electronic cigarette device, according to the national institute, which has included flakka on a list of emerging trends.

It is particularly potent when vaporized, sending the drug into the bloodstream quickly, and making the user particularly susceptible to overdose.

"Alpha-PVP can cause a condition called excited delirium that involves hyper-stimulation, paranoia and hallucinations that can lead to violent aggression and self-injury," the institute warns. "The drug has been linked to deaths by suicide as well as heart attack. It can also dangerously raise body temperature and lead to kidney damage or kidney failure."

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/fl...ug-is-spreading-across-the-country/ar-BBm2ICF

Interesting that RB is also claiming to have kidney failure... How 'bout get off the dope <modsnip>???

Hmmmm, let's hope in a couple of months time we're not hearing she's pregnant again...

Oh good grief!!! I did think that the reason he waited to tell anyone was because he wanted to get "lucky" first. Gross! But my goodness, I never thought about the potential of her getting pregnant again!!!! &#128542;

As an ex Child Protective Investigator, I am really tired of blaming DCF for this baby's death. It was not just a job, but a passion for most of the ppl in the field. Never enough workers to cover all the cases, but we did what we could to protect children. RB & her boyfriend murdered Bella. The court & DCF did what they could to intervene but it wasn't enough. Stop blaming the agency that is trying to save children while at the same time protect parents' rights. It's not fair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm with you blonde heart. There's no easy fix to the thousands of children in situations like these. It used to be extended family that we could rely on to save the baby, but now it's the government. And yes, I believe child protection is overwhelmed and most likely doing the best they can with the resources they have and with the red tape they have to cut through.

I tend to agree. There is no easy fix. How many calls come in from vindictive exes who are covered by the laws that govern good faith calls ? How many are simply because someone's house is a mess, but not really unsanitary ? I can't help but think these calls (which do have to be investigated no matter what ) contribute to the heavy caseload that CPS workers bear.

I know this case is very emotional.. But I think we should place blame where blame is due.. On RB and MM. They were the ones who physically harmed this child enough that resulted in her death. It was RB's duty as a parent to protect this child and report wrong doing of her care. That is not DCF's fault. That is no one's fault but RB and MM.

Jmo

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Well I guess you can leave a child with a drug addicted prostitute and expect some sort of positive outcome.

The laws are made by legislators, They are the ones that can fix this. Parents scream their rights. Their right to screw up a child

That's true, just the lack of sleep alone will cause hallucinations and paranoia. I had a friend that snorted adderall for days to study for finals then couldn't sleep then was convinced people were following him etc. Once he got some sleep he was normal again. But at that time he insisted people were following him abd watching him through his windows. It was nuts.

That's true, just the lack of sleep alone will cause hallucinations and paranoia. I had a friend that snorted adderall for days to study for finals then couldn't sleep then was convinced people were following him etc. Once he got some sleep he was normal again. But at that time he insisted people were following him abd watching him through his windows. It was nuts.

I'm like that all the time and I'm not doing drugs lol.

But your child probably really has a speech and language delay. Bella was probably never taught anything as she grew up with a mother high in heroin that slurred her words constantly. Your child is probably going to preschool etc so you are getting frustrated that he or she is behind or how much time or money therapy is costing you. Bella was likely not in therapy and definitely not in school. I have a friend with a child who struggles in school because of his speech and hearing issues. Yes she gets frustrated because he gets frustrated and his grades aren't great. She's a single mom with the bio dad not paying support and speech and writing therapy etc cuts into her work time/income. It's frustrating. But I don't think Rochelle was experiencing this type of frustration as I don't think she was a functioning member of society where Bella's speech is sides would be affecting her.

Rochelle was frustrated because her daughter had needs like every other 2 year old and Rochelle was too screwed up and self centered to tend to those needs. Bella's speech had nothing to do with it. Bella probably couldn't understand her mother this never learned to speak properly. Furthermore, her mother was probably passed out through most days. A child that isn't spoken to doesn't learn to speak. I'm not buying "Bella had language issues". Her mother just assumed her 2 year old should be able to communicate better so declared she had issues. Exactly like what you see in the video. She's yelling at Bella and Bella is like wth! Rochelle just expected Bella to be like a tiny adult!

No, my son isn't in preschool. He is only 2 and I am a SAHM. I don't care about the time or money of therapy. The frustrating part is having a child who cannot communicate. I spend all day with him. He pretty much screams as a form of communication. It is hard. If Bella did have some of the same issues (who knows?), I can't imagine RB handled it well at all based on what we know. Even I, someone pretty 'normal' with no anger or drug issues, can feel at my wits end sometimes. That's the kind of frustration I'm talking about. Even a child without REAL delays can have trouble communicating at that age. It's actually normal as far as I know.

And like you said, I think RB also probably had unrealistic expectations of a toddler. Even that interview with the sister mentioned that Bella wasn't talking in "full sentences." To me, that wouldn't really classify as a delay at that age. But if RB expected that, she probably got frustrated with Bella's lack of speech. It's sad.

I tend to agree. There is no easy fix. How many calls come in from vindictive exes who are covered by the laws that govern good faith calls ? How many are simply because someone's house is a mess, but not really unsanitary ? I can't help but think these calls (which do have to be investigated no matter what ) contribute to the heavy caseload that CPS workers bear.

Slightly off topic but your post reminds me of this group of girls I used to know. 2 of them in particular hated each other.. And out of spite they would call DCF on each other when the kids are cared for, fed and not abused.. They did that every few months when their "feud" would start again. And all it did was take away from kids who were truly abused and needed DCF in their lives.

I'm with you blonde heart. There's no easy fix to the thousands of children in situations like these. It used to be extended family that we could rely on to save the baby, but now it's the government. And yes, I believe child protection is overwhelmed and most likely doing the best they can with the resources they have and with the red tape they have to cut through.

Taxpayers don't want to pay, Where I lived, I was on a task force to address foster care costs. We were tricked by the legislator running the task force down the path of saving money by having the child be reunited with parents.

All of us thought we were working for a positive solution. We walked out of the task force stunned. It was all about saving money.

No, my son isn't in preschool. He is only 2 and I am a SAHM. I don't care about the time or money of therapy. The frustrating part is having a child who cannot communicate. I spend all day with him. He pretty much screams as a form of communication. It is hard. If Bella did have some of the same issues (who knows?), I can't imagine RB handled it well at all based on what we know. Even I, someone pretty 'normal' with no anger or drug issues, can feel at my wits end sometimes. That's the kind of frustration I'm talking about. Even a child without REAL delays can have trouble communicating at that age. It's actually normal as far as I know.

And like you said, I think RB also probably had unrealistic expectations of a toddler. Even that interview with the sister mentioned that Bella wasn't talking in "full sentences." To me, that wouldn't really classify as a delay at that age. But if RB expected that, she probably got frustrated with Bella's lack of speech. It's sad.

Your child is entitled by law-PL 94-142 to receive free services. The child will be tested and a free plan will be made. The window for great gains is short so I really recommend getting in touch with your school district or doctor. There will be tremendous gains

I know this case is very emotional.. But I think we should place blame where blame is due.. On RB and MM. They were the ones who physically harmed this child enough that resulted in her death. It was RB's duty as a parent to protect this child and report wrong doing of her care. That is not DCF's fault. That is no one's fault but RB and MM.

Jmo

If DCF has no duties to children, then there is no reason for the organization to even exist.

I don't care about the time or money of therapy. The frustrating part is having a child who cannot communicate. I spend all day with him. He pretty much screams as a form of communication. It is hard. If Bella did have some of the same issues (who knows?), I can't imagine RB handled it well at all based on what we know. Even I, someone pretty 'normal' with no anger or drug issues, can feel at my wits end sometimes.

You just described my 14 year old autistic son as he was at age 2 and 3. Even as a Mother who didn't do drugs or have anger issues, there were days when I wanted to lock myself in a quiet bedroom for awhile. There were times when I wanted to bawl my eyes out because he couldn't talk to me. I would've given anything to have even partial sentences.

I also have a neice roughly Bella's age. She does not yet speak in full sentences, so I wouldn't count it as a delay either.

If DCF has no duties to children, then there is no reason for the organization to even exist.

They can only do so much though. They can remove a child from a home. But if it goes to a judge and that judge says the child has to return home and then that child dies.. That's not DCF's fault. There is so much they have to do and steps to follow.

I am also a previous child welfare worker and will be going back into the social work field next month. I agree that its not fair to blame DCF but I do have major questions as I'm sure the state does as well and you can bet they will be reviewing every single syllable written in the DCF file and with good reason. Without knowing what the initial referral to DCF in regards to Bella alleged, and the justification for closing the case the first time it's impossible to know what they did. For all we know, after the second referral came in, DCF could have helped RB get into that women's shelter and into stable housing and then closed the case if she met all the goals on the family service plan. Then once she got into that house Bella was murdered in, things fell apart as we heard people who know her say in interviews about her drug use. With all that being said, it still needs to be reviewed just like all child deaths. In my state, we have a child death review board that reviews all child deaths whether or not CPS was involved and one of the people on the board is the CPS director.

The problem is, everything is geared toward reunification and helping the parents. Literally, in your paperwork you have to identify "protective factors" that each parent has that show they can be a good parent. Reunification is always the goal up until the very end and throughout the course of a case you will see families who have kids in and out of placement for years, then the cycle repeats.

I'm as curious as anyone as to what the reasoning was that the case was opened and closed the first and second time, but we won't ever know that unless the caseworker testifies during the trial, which the defense might subpoena him or her to try to show RB was a good mom or they wouldn't have closed the case.

The fact of the matter is that DFS can't put cameras in peoples homes to monitor them. The laws are written in favor of the parents and working within those parameters is rough at times. I can't even begin to tell you how many sleepless nights I had worried about kids that I felt needed to be in protective custody but was told no by my supervisor because there wasn't enough and it wouldn't hold up in court. It's a thankless job and I wish there were better policies in place. I really do wonder the reasoning for closing the case. I know you can't keep them open forever but I had some families for a few years when I was in the ongoing services department and the kids were never removed from the home but I was there at a minimum once a month, usually bi weekly just making sure mom was doing what she needed and assessing safety at every visit. Anyway, sorry for the rant I guess I'm just annoyed with the system as a whole and am curious to know the reasoning for the case being closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot!