GUILTY MA - Conrad Roy, 18, urged by friend, commits suicide, Fairhaven, 13 July 2014 #2 *guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you mean Mother was for the decision and sister was not??? I must have missed something.

Her mother was in court for the decision and her sister wasn't in court.

I see, Thank you.
Talked to my sister-in-law today and she works right near the courthouse. Said she felt bad for Conrads family because the media were like sharks with cameras literally right in their faces which we agreed was par for the course.
She never saw MC, she was the back door girl.
It was a circus all week with media everywhere, I wonder if MC enjoyed that part of it.

BBM. I'm no psych, but you are making a lot of sense. You seem spot on.

I am no psychologist either, but read about psychology. Psychology is piece of the puzzle.

I see, Thank you.
Talked to my sister-in-law today and she works right near the courthouse. Said she felt bad for Conrads family because the media were like sharks with cameras literally right in their faces which we agreed was par for the course.
It was a circus all week with media everywhere, I wonder if MC enjoyed that part of it.

I am sure Michelle Carter did enjoy it. Of course she faces the prospect of prison.

I see, Thank you.

How sad. Those poor people.

i think she also liked having the power of life and death over this poor kid. IMO she is an evil wench and i don't care about what happened in her childhood. she needs to go to prison for a while - so she is held accountable for what she did.

i think she also liked having the power of life and death over this poor kid. IMO she is an evil wench and i don't care about what happened in her childhood. she needs to go to prison for a while - so she is held accountable for what she did.
Agree!

I also feel continously beating that, "abuse" drum, does a disservice to the many abuse survivers who do not grow up to develop personality disorders, as well as the families who have a child who is mentally ill, who are not abusive.

Cluster B disorders are notoriously genetic in nature. MC is pathological and I would bet she came hard wired for it. There is no cure for evil.

http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/294307-overview#a2
sbm

"Although the most common etiologies for personality disorders are multifactorial, these conditions may also be secondary to biologic, developmental, or genetic abnormalities. Stressful situations may often result in decompensation, revealing a previously unrecognized personality disorder. Indeed, personality disorders are aggravated by stressors, external or self-induced. Individuals may have more than 1 personality disorder."

We know one thing MC was not and that is Involuntary Intoxicated. That was the biggest mistake the defense brought out and the Judge sure didn't believe it either. Without that info from the Dr they didn't really have a case.

I wonder if the defense had any psych evaluation done on MC before the trial and there was nothing there or they didn't want to bring it out in the trial.

jmo and moo

We know one thing MC was not and that is Involuntary Intoxicated. That was the biggest mistake the defense brought out and the Judge sure didn't believe it either. Without that info from the Dr they didn't really have a case.

I wonder if the defense had any psych evaluation done on MC before the trial and there was nothing there or they didn't want to bring it out in the trial.

jmo and moo

I was thinking about that last night, and I'm sure the defense shared with MC and her parents who they were going to present as wittneses... I wondered why they didn't object to that quack! All they had to do was Google his name and go "that's not good!" Lol!

You'd have to really be desperate to scrape Rock Bottom like that!

I've noticed elsewhere on line, even those few people who think she should never have been charged with a crime, still say she's guilty of being a terrible evil person. I think she would have been found guilty no matter what, but that guy was plus! :)

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.masslive.com/v1/articles/20859495/michelle_carter_trial_cross_ex.amp
sbm

"When Rayburn attempted to characterize Carter as someone who feigned concern for people in order to win attention, Breggin interrupted, "You're making her sound manipulative."

"Yes," Rayburn responded.

The response drew laughter from the courtroom.

During another question, Breggin accused Rayburn of cutting him off.

"I'd appreciate if you'd let me finish," Breggin said.

Judge Moniz cut him off: "You have finished."

Also found this in the same link I posted above:

"When Carter was attending anger-management sessions with a therapist in June and July 2014, she was noted by a doctor to have no abnormalities, intact short-term and long-term memory and was determined to be at low risk for self-harm and violence."

I was thinking about that last night, and I'm sure the defense shared with MC and her parents who they were going to present as wittneses... I wondered why they didn't object to that quack! All they had to do was Google his name and go "that's not good!" Lol!

You'd have to really be desperate to scrape Rock Bottom like that!

I've noticed elsewhere on line, even those few people who think she should never have been charged with a crime, still say she's guilty of being a terrible evil person. I think she would have been found guilty no matter what, but that guy was plus! :)

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.masslive.com/v1/articles/20859495/michelle_carter_trial_cross_ex.amp
sbm

"When Rayburn attempted to characterize Carter as someone who feigned concern for people in order to win attention, Breggin interrupted, "You're making her sound manipulative."

"Yes," Rayburn responded.

The response drew laughter from the courtroom.

During another question, Breggin accused Rayburn of cutting him off.

"I'd appreciate if you'd let me finish," Breggin said.

Judge Moniz cut him off: "You have finished.
"

bbm

I guess I missed that during the testimony. That is worth laughing at!

Yes what a joke the dear Dr was, he needs to get out of the dark ages and read up on new studies. imo

She's STILL a spoiled brat. IMO

LOL yes but a spoiled brat that hopefully will get jail time. I just wish she was not out free with no moniter or even serious restrictions. I do not personally feel social media is a restriction for her because she is still able to go online and look.

Question? Can we talk of the parents and sister? The question above thread about family dynamics??
I want to talk about them to get the background of this demented girl.

LOL yes but a spoiled brat that hopefully will get jail time. I just wish she was not out free with no moniter or even serious restrictions. I do not personally feel social media is a restriction for her because she is still able to go online and look.

Question? Can we talk of the parents and sister? The question above thread about family dynamics??

I believe it is against TOS. You can always alert your post and ask a mod, or just pm a Mod.

I believe it is against TOS. You can always alert your post and ask a mod, or just pm a Mod.

Yes another nice member on here answered such a question for me but when I saw an above post wondering about her family dynamics it gets me confused. Can we, cant we??
I remember other trials where I thought we discussed family.
Us inquiring minds want to know about such things as that as to what makes that clock tick.

At least she can't leave the state without permission...it's not much but it's something.

BBM; As I understand things family is off limits. To date none of the defendant's family members have made any public statements.

"The "victim friendly" rule extends to the family members of victims and suspects. Sleuthing family members, friends, and others who have not been designated as suspects is not allowed. Don't make random accusations, suggest their involvement, nor bash and attack them. Posting their personal information, including names, addresses, and background data -- even if it is public -- is not allowed. That does not mean, however, that statements made by family members and other third parties cannot come into discussion as the facts of the case are reported in the media. "
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?65798-Etiquette-amp-Information

My thought is, no social media is an empty "punishment" as her mom will just "do her homework for her", so to speak... and no doubt MC is still active online under an alias, hiding behind memes and singing her own praises somewhere. :(

Sentencing can not come quick enough!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member