MA - Four children found hidden in apartment with alcohol, drugs, sex toys & corpse - Boston - June 21 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
WTH?? So we are left to decide if BPD is covering something up, or if the firefighters were imagining it all?
We all know initial media reports that come out are rarely totally accurate, but this far off?
Nope, something weird is going on, and I hope locals demand an explanation.

From the above….
Due to the nature of the call, and to ensure appropriate follow up with the families involved, officers did file a 51A with DCF," the department wrote.

The nature of the call? If they are saying it was only a cardiac call why involve DCF? Why would the families need follow up if someone died from a cardiac event? Since when do they remove children from a parent because the children were there when someone died in a non criminal way??
I guess it’s possible that it’s the father that died? Maybe BPD spoke to the mom on the phone? Maybe that’s how it was decided to involve DCF? Ugh, that doesn’t make sense either. If that were the case BPD would just say so to help clear up the supposed “misinformation”.

WTH?? So we are left to decide if BPD is covering something up, or if the firefighters were imagining it all?
We all know initial media reports that come out are rarely totally accurate, but this far off?
Nope, something weird is going on, and I hope locals demand an explanation.
I believe 100% the first responders that reported the items laying around in plain sight.
I believe them when they say the adults in the apartment were uncooperative and insisted there were no children there.
I believe them when they say the children were being hidden in a back room, and cried out for help.
I believe them when they say the children appeared scared.

I'd like to know what the CHILDREN have to say about their every day living conditions in that apartment.

I believe 100% the first responders that reported the items laying around in plain sight.
I believe them when they say the adults in the apartment were uncooperative and insisted there were no children there.
I believe them when they say the children were being hidden in a back room, and cried out for help.
I believe them when they say the children appeared scared.

I'd like to know what the CHILDREN have to say about their every day living conditions in that apartment.
I believe something is very off with this whole thing.
I DON’T believe the first responders made the whole thing up just for the hell of it!

I dont beilve a single word of this
so WE were right and there something extremely fishy here .
need some youtuber or podcast to investigate
note how it took them about 3 DAYS ! TO come up with a different story
if you read the update it feels scripted

Mary Ellen McCormack Housing project in South Boston. (Nancy Lane/Boston Herald)

*I’ve not read this thread. I saw the headlines yesterday. But seriously, why isn’t somebody throwing a hissy fit carrying signs?
eta: ok wait. Just saw a few posts and I’m starting from post#1 before I say anything else. What is going on???

We don't know WHO reported to the media the information that was made public at first, but I think it's very clear that whoever did was extremely prejudiced since it was reported that the adults present at the scene were "men in drag", and we now know that the decedent was a transgender woman.

Am I saying that everything was a LIE? No. What am I saying is that MAYBE the person who talked to the media had ulterior motives due to certain personal beliefs. The media didn't get that information from EVERYONE who responded to the scene. They got that information most likely from ONE person.

Let's be real here, law enforcement would not go to war for a black transgender woman. You have to be completely naïve and out of touch with reality to think for a second that a cover up would be put in place for a random black transgender woman. No way.

To be clear, I don't doubt for a second that drugs and sex toys were found at the home, or that the home was in bad condition. But maybe, just maybe, things were blown out of proportion. Whatever happened, there's a woman dead and four children are now apparently in DCFS' custody, so let's hope the children are okay and we'll see what transpires from this horrible situation.

I can understand why it would be a good idea to keep the children in a separate room in order to prevent them from viewing the dead body.

I don't get the children being removed from the apartment by police and DCF if they all had a parent present and it was simply messy. What does "Due to the nature of the call" mean?

The police "update" seems more like covering up the facts instead of updating the public with more information. JMO.

Here is the biggest "Hinky" alarm for me.

It was reported earlier, by the BFD-first responders that INITIALLY the men in the home DENIED that children were present.
The children were overheard, and found in a "back room" with one adult present.
The children were removed to CPS custody.

That is the 'cover-up'....IMO.

Something smells...

I can understand why it would be a good idea to keep the children in a separate room in order to prevent them from viewing the dead body.

I don't get the children being removed from the apartment by police and DCF if they all had a parent present and it was simply messy. What does "Due to the nature of the call" mean?

The police "update" seems more like covering up the facts instead of updating the public with more information. JMO.

I'm going to go ahead and guess that all of the adults were using drugs or suspected to be doing so.

We don't know WHO reported to the media the information that was made public at first, but I think it's very clear that whoever did was extremely prejudiced since it was reported that the adults present at the scene were "men in drag", and we now know that the decedent was a transgender woman.

Am I saying that everything was a LIE? No. What am I saying is that MAYBE the person who talked to the media had ulterior motives due to certain personal beliefs. The media didn't get that information from EVERYONE who responded to the scene. They got that information most likely from ONE person.

Let's be real here, law enforcement would not go to war for a black transgender woman. You have to be completely naïve and out of touch with reality to think for a second that a cover up would be put in place for a random black transgender woman. No way.

To be clear, I don't doubt for a second that drugs and sex toys were found at the home, or that the home was in bad condition. But maybe, just maybe, things were blown out of proportion. Whatever happened, there's a woman dead and four children are now apparently in DCFS' custody, so let's hope the children are okay and we'll see what transpires from this horrible situation.

All great points here, I fully agree.

I would also add... I've never heard of a cover-up in which the police claim that subjects are "fully cooperative," a full throated correction of initial reports that they are completely "uncooperative." That should be an obvious red flag.

Saddens me that a fairly mundane story has been sensationalized this way.

If so, I wonder if doing drugs led to other poor behavior that caused the police to file the 51A for the children. JMO.
Massachusetts law requires professionals whose work brings them in contact with children to notify the DCF if they suspect that a child is being abused, neglected, or both, by filing a 51A.

In this case it could be literally anything from unsanitary conditions to unsafe hoarding to a drug overdose death in their presence.

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed. Opinion articles are not allowed>

Yet another story:
Boston Police tonight are painting a different picture of the conditions inside an apartment at 381 Old Colony Ave. in which they found a dead body Saturday morning than the one that had percolated in the local media and prompted condemnations by, among others, City Councilors Ed Flynn and Michael Flaherty.
Information that drugs and other concerning materials were strewn about the home is not supported by what officers encountered or by the information received on scene.
Police say officers responded to the apartment shortly after 11 a.m. after being called by adults there when they realized a friend had stopped breathing. The people who called were "fully cooperative" with the officers, police say.
There were four children on site who all had a parent present in the residence. The parents and the officers who responded felt it was best for the children to stay in another room with one of the parents and took steps to avoid having the children see the deceased. Due to the nature of the call, and to ensure appropriate follow up with the families involved, officers did file a 51A with DCF.

Last edited by a moderator:
<modsnip: Quoted post was removed. Opinion articles are not allowed>Yet another story:
Boston Police tonight are painting a different picture of the conditions inside an apartment at 381 Old Colony Ave. in which they found a dead body Saturday morning than the one that had percolated in the local media and prompted condemnations by, among others, City Councilors Ed Flynn and Michael Flaherty.

Police say officers responded to the apartment shortly after 11 a.m. after being called by adults there when they realized a friend had stopped breathing. The people who called were "fully cooperative" with the officers, police say.

<modsnip: Quoted post was modsnipped>

After reading the statement from the police department, it sounds to me like someone is prejudiced against the transgender community. It is extremely inappropriate to describe transgender people in the way she did. Even if they were doing something wrong. Just like it is inappropriate to use the N word to describe anyone, even if they have done something wrong.

I suspect the woman died of cardiac arrest due to a drug overdose, it makes sense that DCF would be involved for that. I’m glad they are looking into things with the children. We don’t even know for sure if DCF took the children or not.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think dcf being involved is the least weird thing about this. First and foremost as another poster stated, police will contact dcf for a number of reasons when children are present during a call. There could’ve been any number of things that called for removal of the kids. But considering someone apparently OD’d - I’d say that’s likely a good starting point. Having kids present in an environment where someone is using drugs (and I mean hard drugs considering this lead to death) is a danger to the kids. I’m hard pressed to believe only the decedent was using drugs and that the other adults didn’t know about it. … also “nature of the call” as I saw in an article supports the drugs/OD and dcf contact being related.

ETA: other poster mentioned we don’t know if kids were removed — I must be confused on that. Still, dcf contact should be expected in a situation like this, so not weird at all imo. Whether kids were removed or not.

As for the opposite reporting.. I’m not sure. Housing projects generally mean poor people, who we know are not always top priority in general so I can’t see the motivation for a cover up there. If you add in cross-dressing or transgender adults, and if they were minorities/ not white… even less motivation for the police imo. I can only see a cover up happening if someone involved was related to someone with power/high status or whatever you want to call it. We don’t have enough information.

I’m interested to see if there’s any further clarification because this is bizarre. But we all know the police generally don’t care to give the public answers. I just hope the kids are okay no matter what they did or didn’t see.

The words used by this councilor rubbed me the wrong way from the start. Also, this councilor wasn’t even there. I’d like to hear from an actual firefighter who was there.

After reading the statement from the police department, it sounds to me like someone is prejudiced against the transgender community. It is extremely inappropriate to describe transgender people in the way she did. Even if they were doing something wrong. Just like it is inappropriate to use the N word to describe anyone, even if they have done something wrong.

I suspect the woman died of cardiac arrest due to a drug overdose, it makes sense that DCF would be involved for that. I’m glad they are looking into things with the children. We don’t even know for sure if DCF took the children or not.
Me too. I’ve been on another thread lately so I’m behind. I was trying to find another article and I saw this one that mentioned firefighters. My son in law is Captain and Paramedic with his fire station. That’s when I pivoted here. I’ve lived his journey from his graduation thru all his promotions over the last 30 years. Mad respect for firefighters!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Neilyboy13
Back