MA MA - Giovanni Colon-Gonzalez, 5, Lynn, 15 Aug 2008

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Fran - great idea about the priest!

I know someone on this thread has a myspace page. The mom's is set to private. Would someone be willing to contact her and do a friend request so that we can get this information to her about TES and the priest?

Thanks in advance,

Salem

Fran and Salem, I hope someone takes you up on your idea! And I hope that you are right about Giovanni, and he is alive and well. I did know that these visits were not mandated, but I'm sure that the mother knew that if Ernesto was paying child support, which IIRC he was, that he would most likely get visitation. Maybe he threatened to stop the payments if she didn't let him visit, and Daisy used that money to help pay the rent. We really don't know, and there hasn't been much ink on this investigation. Even if LE found Giovanni's blood on any of the evidence they collected, that would not prove he was dead, only that he was injured somehow.

LE must have some doubts whether Giovanni is alive, because they did bring cadaver dogs in to search some of the areas. JMHO

I went into my rant earlier about mandated visits, because I have a niece who is going through the same type of thing with her ex. She found out she was pregnant at about the same time she found out he is a drug addict. He agreed to pay her some money to help out, but he is very bad at actually coming through. My niece will not go through child services to make him pay, because then he would have mandated visits with her son. Currently, he only sees his son when she is around and he brings her some support money. Since he uses most of his money on drugs and alcohol, he hasn't had any money to hire a lawyer and try to get his son for the weekend or anything. My niece has not stopped him from visiting, so he hasn't felt the need to pursue the visitation thing. She said she would rather do without than HAVE to let him take her son for the weekend in exchange for support.

My other niece also has a son. She found out her husband had an addiction to *advertiser censored*...a $40,000 addiction!!! She found a bill from a credit card company that she did not know they had, opened it and just about died when she opened the bill. She confronted him and he told her it was not a problem. Needless to say, she put spyware on the computer to track where he was going, and found that he was into child *advertiser censored*. This scared her because he was molested when he was 8 by a friend of his fathers. They went to counseling after much protest, and it came out that this was not the first $40,000 bill he ran up. In college, his mother had to bail him out because he did the same thing. He blamed it on stress. When he is stressed, he just has to see *advertiser censored* or something to that effect. To make a long story as short as possible, they are divorced now, and he has mandated supervised visits. He believes that the mandated supervised visits are because of a restraining order my niece was granted after he punched a hole in the wall, and kicked the baby swing across the room and said "this dam* baby is ruining my life". My niece grabbed the baby and left. She didn't want to wait around for him to hit her or her baby. BUT, at anytime, he can petition the court to have unsupervised visits, and she shudders to think about that. She feels the only reason he even visits the baby is to torment her.

OK, sorry, it turned out to be a long story anyway. But then you hear about cases like www.momsforjustice.org and you get really, really scared.

Hailiejade - thank you for this link. I don't have a myspace and it appears you need one to leave a message?

Salem

Yes, you do need to have a myspace page in order to leave messages.

I have one, can I help?

Colomom - that would be so wonderful!!!! I'm happy to see you here.

My thought is that if you could send directly to the mom. She has a myspace, but it is set to private, so you would need to do a friend request, if you wouldn't mind.

Then share with her the info about TES and maybe getting a priest or someone the dad might talk to? I thought the priest was a great idea.

TES is currently working on the Caylee Anthony search in Florida, but my understanding is that they can work on several searches at the same time, so they may have some folks they can get on the ground in MA. Mom or LE have to request their help. The dad could not have taken Giovanni far if he harmed him, because he doesn't have a car.....

Oh Thank you! Thank you!

Salem

Colomom - that would be so wonderful!!!! I'm happy to see you here.

My thought is that if you could send directly to the mom. She has a myspace, but it is set to private, so you would need to do a friend request, if you wouldn't mind.

Then share with her the info about TES and maybe getting a priest or someone the dad might talk to? I thought the priest was a great idea.

TES is currently working on the Caylee Anthony search in Florida, but my understanding is that they can work on several searches at the same time, so they may have some folks they can get on the ground in MA. Mom or LE have to request their help. The dad could not have taken Giovanni far if he harmed him, because he doesn't have a car.....

Oh Thank you! Thank you!

Salem

I have submitted a friend request just now. I told her that I was "so worried about her precious little boy" and I told her "that I belong to an online community of "detectives" and I offered our help.

I will keep you updated on our communications (if any).

~I am happy to help Salem~

I emailed both NG and Greta a couple times over the last weeks but received no replies fron either and have seen no increase in coverage of Gioanni's case. Of course there has been the DNC & RNC & Hurricane Gustav & VP selections and friggin Casey & Cindy Anthony ( I have no problem with reports on Caylee but most are about those 2 not the missing child.)

Also Tony Padilla had promised in his reply to me that they would look into Giovanni's case if all went WELL with Caylee's. They did their best but, well, need I say more when we all know what they were up against?? Sadly, that experience may have changed their minds about getting involed in missing child cases auch as Caylee and Giovanni's.

I had also asked here if Giovanni could have a discussion forum like Caylee, Madeleines etc with the hope it would draw more attention to him but haven't heard anything so assume it's not likely to happen. It is understandable but I just feel for this little boy and the lack of attention paid to him.

Maybe TES will come up? Perhaps Giovanni is one of the cases Tim Miller was referring on NG last evening when he said he had received calls about other missing children.

Praying for you, Giovanni.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=409041585
Here is help find Giovanni myspace

So sad that there is ANOTHER case where a parent sits in jail and doesn't talk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :furious:

Hi all, I'm so sorry I've been absent on this thread. I am "friends" with the above listed site via MySpace, and it is not the mom's site. It says "I AM NOT RELATED TO, NOR DO I PERSONALLY KNOW GIOVANNI OR HIS FAMILY, JUST WANTED TO GET HIS PICTURE AND INFO OUT THERE, THANK YOU".

There are some others that have Giovanni listed in their titles, that I have had friend requests in to, but have not had responses to yet. I don't know if any of them are the mom or member of the family. If I get a response, I will let you know.

I can't find ANY real updates on this case anywhere? How sad. Makes me wonder if they don't have more than what they are telling the media, with what they discovered in the dad's place? They seem to be keeping this one really close to the vest.

Thanks colomom, that's on my friend request from my Baby Grace site, but not my personal one. Keep us posted if you hear from her and we can do anything, please?

I promise. You have not received a response? I see she logged in last on 9/2. I would totally understand if she was not accepting new friends.

I will suggest that she ask a local clergy of her choice to visit her ex and I will make sure she knows about us and TES.

I will keep my fingers crossed.

I wish we could place Giovanni's name in the title of this thread but there is no edit link on my first post which started the thread in order to change the title.

Does anyone else know a way to change the title to "Giovanni Gonzalez, 5yo, missing, Lynn,MA"?

I wish we could place Giovanni's name in the title of this thread but there is no edit link on my first post which started the thread in order to change the title.

Does anyone else know a way to change the title to "Giovanni Gonzalez, 5yo, missing, Lynn,MA"?

I have submitted a request....GREAT idea. It will be much easier to search for it.
:blowkiss:

I have submitted a request....GREAT idea. It will be much easier to search for it.
:blowkiss:

Thank you, colomom and moderators! I don't know why but it brought tears to my eyes to see his name. I was feeling down about the lack of public awareness about Giovanni and annoyed with myself for not titling the thread with his name. It seemed so distant.

Prayers for you, Giovani.

Thank you, colomom and moderators! I don't know why but it brought tears to my eyes to see his name. I was feeling down about the lack of public awareness about Giovanni and annoyed with myself for not titling the thread with his name. It seemed so distant.

Prayers for you, Giovani.

I'm glad to see his name up there, too. But I think you did title the thread correctly for the beginning; it caught my attention more so than would have a name I had never heard of before. I wonder if any members are local to this one and if they would be willing to call their local news stations requesting information. Perhaps they would pay more attention to it if they knew there was a following audience?

Why does one case bring up so much media attention, and another poor child is just forgotten???

The only thing that makes me happy about this case is that the father is in jail, and nobody seems interested in bailing him out!!!

Yes, Hugs and prayers for Giovanni and his mother, Daisy.

I'm glad to see his name up there, too. But I think you did title the thread correctly for the beginning; it caught my attention more so than would have a name I had never heard of before. I wonder if any members are local to this one and if they would be willing to call their local news stations requesting information. Perhaps they would pay more attention to it if they knew there was a following audience?

Thank you for your kind reply re title. As to locals, I believe there are a few MA people posting and a couple may be local to Lynn. You know I just think society, people, can only handle one highly publized emotional missing child case at a time. Sounds simple but we've seen this before. Like with Madeleine Mccann, surely other children went missing during those months she was big news but I'd be hard put to recall one.

Our hearts are big enough to hold them all but our brains can only grasp so much of this insanity before needing to pull back for our own sanity.

Why does one case bring up so much media attention, and another poor child is just forgotten???

The only thing that makes me happy about this case is that the father is in jail, and nobody seems interested in bailing him out!!!

Yes, Hugs and prayers for Giovanni and his mother, Daisy.

From what I have seen it takes a parent or parents pushing the media to show pics of their child and do interviews with them. You have to be a very assertive person. Even though Caylee's family have had to put up with the media camping on their street it sure has gotten and kept Caylee's name out there and gotten media from here to there involved. Natalie Halloway's mom Beth haunted the media and was pretty assertive as was Laci Peterson's mom and stepdad. That is what I have noticed anyway.

I wish this little boy's mom would contact Nancy and Greta and they just might pick up the story. I know that some people just aren't comfortable talking to the media but if it helps find your child you have to do it anyway.

This case is sure a puzzle isn't it. The dad could have harmed the little boy if the dad used drugs and was higher than a kite. The little boy may have gotten on his nerves and he flipped. Drugs do strange things to people. Otherwise, I can't see any reason why this dad would have harmed the little boy. Maybe that is why the dad isn't talking. I don't know. He wouldn't have any reason to hide the little guy out either. It doesn't sound like the mom and dad were at odds or anything.

The more time that goes by the less chance there is that the little guy is still alive. The blood on the mop, pinesol cap, and around the house bothers me a lot. It sounds like they have found other evidence too. A sad situation especially for the mom.

Investigators to continue Giovanni search

She is encouraged by national television exposure on the disappearance of her son and Daisy Colon checks with police daily on their progress in finding him.

The search for Giovanni Gonzalez, 5, entered its third week Sunday, one day after America's Most Wanted featured the missing East Boston boy during the missing persons segment of its Saturday 9 p.m. show.

http://www.thedailyitemoflynn.com/articles/2008/09/04/news/news08.txt

God bless her, no complaints from her about lack of media exposure even though it pales in comparision to Caylee's.

Prayers are with you Giovanni and Daisy.

Colomom - thank you so much for all your help with the myspace contact. I'm hoping mom will take advantage of TES and other resources.

Also, thank you for getting the thread name changed. Capoly, I agree with Sheromom. It was the original title that encouraged me to read here because it gave a bit of notice about what was going on. And I also agree it was time to change it to Giovanni's name now that we are familiar with the child involved.

Prayers to him and his family and extra prayers to his mom. May he come home soon!

Salem

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nc1995
Back