Found Deceased MA - Michael Kelleher, 23, Boston, 29 March 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Definitely a possibility. Although I think if it happened in the garage it would have been seen on camera. Also I remember someone posting upthread his father said there was surveillance of him walking towards the Charles?
There are a whole lot of places in a garage (though I do not remember if the name of the garage was mentioned) that would not necessarily be "on camera"...which would actually bring in another theory...just a "planned" robbery gone bad...because the assailants would have most likely done this before and known camera locations, as well as had access to a vehicle most likely...

If it happened possibly walking towards the Charles...there are many routes this could have occurred on, many secluded (like the back alleys behind the brownstones where people park) up by Beacon Hill, near the Feidler Bridge where you cross over Storrow, and countless others that parallel Storrow behind every bar along Boyelston, Beacon St, and Comm. Ave all of the way to Kenmore...(and its not that bad of a walk...speaking from experience for those not familiar with downtown )...however I can see (and have seen) many people in my days get into altercations...especially when alcohol is introduced...if it is not "inside of a bar" things can escalate pretty quick, and there is not always someone who is capable of interveinig sadly.

Sent from my SM-T377P using Tapatalk

I drive with Uber on a somewhat regular basis , and I can tell you that most of that is absolutely not true. Drivers cannot see what the destination is until after they pick up the rider, this is purposely done by Uber to avoid driver not taking a call because they don't like where they're going. Also drivers can see nothing about the rider's account or account balance either. All we see is the writer's name and their rating.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

It just struck me as passive, not planned.
His cousin said he was stressed.
Gma just passed
Hit really hard by all accounts
Was supposed to go pack up gmas house the following morning

In that he may have been ruminating about dying since gmother, had not come up with plan and then it just presented itself :finds himself: drunk, alone, physically exhausted, has to be in profound pain from having no clothes, , freezing, scared, hungry, thirsty, empty,lost and .....there he is .................

Fuc@ it...................

There was a profound story later. Several days before the trip over he missed work and school and just sat in his gmothers house , alone, devasted - that is what I grasped how much she meant to him.

A bio mom was never mentioned , so I think gma had that role in his life- profound loss. Got the sense that he and dad had a conflicted past - so now his only nurturing adult is gone....

There is also somewhat of it may have been in the back of his mind (passive) and that is why he wanted to see his family members who lived there one more time.

I did not get the sense that he went over there often to hang out with them - IIRC it was actually rare.Final.......... moo

Zachary Marr’s death a ‘horrible accident,’ family says

I use uber often when I'm in NYC or out drinking. I've never been able to book an uber if my credit card has insufficient funds or if the card is for whatever reason not working (ie. expired, wrong expiration, etc.)
It'll prompt you for another credit card before it'll put your request out to the uber drivers. Or at least that has always been my experience. But maybe it's different in other areas or something..

I drive with Uber on a somewhat regular basis , and I can tell you that most of that is absolutely not true. Drivers cannot see what the destination is until after they pick up the rider, this is purposely done by Uber to avoid driver not taking a call because they don't like where they're going. Also drivers can see nothing about the rider's account or account balance either. All we see is the writer's name and their rating.

My fiance drove for Uber and Lyft and would often ask the person getting in the vehicle where they were going because even though the ride had started, the app hadn't even refreshed with the destination on his phone yet. As far as if the info would be saved somewhere in Uber's data, that I can't say.

There are a whole lot of places in a garage (though I do not remember if the name of the garage was mentioned) that would not necessarily be "on camera"...which would actually bring in another theory...just a "planned" robbery gone bad...because the assailants would have most likely done this before and known camera locations, as well as had access to a vehicle most likely...

If it happened possibly walking towards the Charles...there are many routes this could have occurred on, many secluded (like the back alleys behind the brownstones where people park) up by Beacon Hill, near the Feidler Bridge where you cross over Storrow, and countless others that parallel Storrow behind every bar along Boyelston, Beacon St, and Comm. Ave all of the way to Kenmore...(and its not that bad of a walk...speaking from experience for those not familiar with downtown )...however I can see (and have seen) many people in my days get into altercations...especially when alcohol is introduced...if it is not "inside of a bar" things can escalate pretty quick, and there is not always someone who is capable of interveinig sadly.

I read in one of these posts that he was seen on camera in the TD Garden garage. I can't remember who made the initial post several pages back.

I know when I was in college there were always a few students a year who went "missing" and were later found in the Charles, but usually it was farther down near the boat houses (although there is the public one towards near the Salt and Pepper bridge) but usually they were accidents and resulted from students drinking, walking home along the river from parties, or freshman hazing back in the day, and there were a few suicides around finals.

Uber driver here. I agree. The other post is full of misinformation.

Are the customers rated? That is strange??

Uber driver here. I agree. The other post is full of misinformation.
I was simply relaying what I was told. He said when a driver accepts the fare he can see pick up location and drop off destination. He said there have been times when he's accepted a fare, seen where the rider wants to be taken and then he's canceled the transaction. He said he doesn't do it often as it effects his overall ratings, but it is an option, and he has done it on occasion.

I'm not here to argue about the ins and outs of uber (just relaying the information that I've been given by a current uber driver in my area)
I'm here to support Michael and his family, and I will be here until Michael is returned to his family and until they, and all who care about him and other missing persons, have as many answers as possible.

MOo

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

What determines a customer's rating !!

The driver's rate the passengers just like the passengers rate the drivers. A lot of things can play into it. I know my fiance once had a ride that was the car pull option and one gentleman was irate about not being the first person dropped off and his behavior was unacceptable especially with other paying passengers in the vehicle, that's one of the only times I've heard him give a low rating. Other times have involved some racial slurs.
If the passenger's rating drops below a certain point I believe they are kicked off the app, whether temporary or permanent I don't know. I feel like it's an important safety feature as well. If I were to drive strangers alone at night as a female, I know it'd make me more comfortable knowing that low ranked passengers won't be able to use the app.

I was simply relaying what I was told. He said when a driver accepts the fare he can see pick up location and drop off destination. He said there have been times when he's accepted a fare, seen where the rider wants to be taken and then he's canceled the transaction. He said he doesn't do it often as it effects his overall ratings, but it is an option, and he has done it on occasion.

I'm not here to argue about the ins and outs of uber (just relaying the information that I've been given by a current uber driver in my area)
I'm here to support Michael and his family, and I will be here until Michael is returned to his family and until they, and all who care about him and other missing persons, have as many answers as possible.

MOo

Absolutely and it goes to show that different networks / versions of the app / updates / locations may play into when and what a driver is shown.

I am new here... went to high school with Michael. We were not close friends, but I know him to see him and was totally shocked to hear he was missing. I've of course been following his case very closely and just wanted to say how comforting it is to see all the people that care and are interested. Hoping for some answers soon...

MOo

I agree. I don't think anyone is arguing with you. I simply want to correct any misinformation. I'm a driver for Lyft and Uber in Boston and I would hate for people who have questions about Uber get the wrong info. There has been so much misinformation surrounding ride share in general and it's very frustrating.

I replied to some questions about Uber a few pages back as well. As I mentioned, if anyone has any other Uber related questions I'd be happy to help as best I can.

I just want Michael found. I only want to help when I provide some Info about Uber on this website to answer others questions, It's heartbreaking another young man in Boston has gone missing. I can't even imagine what his mother is going through.

What determines a customer's rating !!

I rate riders based on how they act. Pretty much everyone gets a five star from me unless they knowingly break the rules such as trying to bring open container of alcohol. If I feel the rider is a threat to other drivers' safety, they'll also get a low rating.

About the right time, too 🙁

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove