MA MA - Phillip Markoff, Craigslist Killer

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I've been following, for quite a few years, a number of 'missing and deceased' young male college students. I happened to mention to a WS friend, yesterday on the phone, BEFORE this new info came out, the POSSIBILITY that he could be connected to some of these cases. But I quickly dismissed it as too far-fetched.:waitasec:

PERHAPS I should revisit that idea and look into it further. Unfortunately, I've got pressing RL matters to see to today it'll take me a while to gather the needed info. I have come across a list of 14 young men in the state of NY, from '02 through 5/08......(haven't kept track of this years unexplained incidents),......I know there's more if you include other New England States.

See..........just because this guy was caught answering these ads and the victims were women, doesn't mean he wasn't possibly been doing this type of thing for years. He just may have been CAUGHT because of his new MO. Maybe he had victims where he used different methodology to target them, ie trolling areas where college students hang out. He does have a 'superior' type attitude. It's not really inconceivable he may have targeted males, or females, in his age range that he may have been jealous of or felt superior to, etc.....

I'll check it out when I get a chance. Until then, can't wait to see what the ADDITIONAL evidence may be alluded to by LE. :confused:

*CREEPY* case! :eek:

JMHO
fran

OMG - he went to SUNY Albany. There is a high profile murder case - can;t remember the name. I will go look it up. I wonder if they could be related...

Edited to add
http://dave-lucas.blogspot.com/2008/04/rip-joshua-szostak.html

Joshua Szostak. I think he went to SUNYA as well. the Bayou cafe is a hangout for college age kids. He went missing Dec 23, body found April 23, 2008 in the Hudson. Death was ruled an accidental drowning, but the family believes he was murdered. I'm not sure if the timing is right for Markoff.

I've been following, for quite a few years, a number of 'missing and deceased' young male college students. I happened to mention to a WS friend, yesterday on the phone, BEFORE this new info came out, the POSSIBILITY that he could be connected to some of these cases. But I quickly dismissed it as too far-fetched.:waitasec:

PERHAPS I should revisit that idea and look into it further. Unfortunately, I've got pressing RL matters to see to today it'll take me a while to gather the needed info. I have come across a list of 14 young men in the state of NY, from '02 through 5/08......(haven't kept track of this years unexplained incidents),......I know there's more if you include other New England States.

See..........just because this guy was caught answering these ads and the victims were women, doesn't mean he wasn't possibly been doing this type of thing for years. He just may have been CAUGHT because of his new MO. Maybe he had victims where he used different methodology to target them, ie trolling areas where college students hang out. He does have a 'superior' type attitude. It's not really inconceivable he may have targeted males, or females, in his age range that he may have been jealous of or felt superior to, etc.....

I'll check it out when I get a chance. Until then, can't wait to see what the ADDITIONAL evidence may be alluded to by LE. :confused:

*CREEPY* case! :eek:

JMHO
fran

I sure do see your point, fran, and you are so right about criminals changing their m.o. etc! Wow.
The only thing I might question (and I sure have been wrong about some things!) is that he's only 22 yrs old so in 2002 he would have been pretty young (15 yrs old). Guess it doesn't make a difference; Dahmer and Bundy were committing and believed to have committed terrible, sadistic crimes as teenagers.

If you google "sexaddict53885" you'll find some stuff...

I just looked at this page of his. Wowza. Geesh.

What is "social orientation" ? I notice that he prefers not to say what his is? he says his sexual orientation is "straight" . :confused:

The "activities enjoyed" sound like he copied them from some weird magazine, they couldn't ALL be things he enjoys...could they??? Makes me think he is fishing for as many victims as possible by listing every possible fetish, etc, that he can find.

I'm asking myself, "do I really want to know?" Ugh. He is one sick person.

OMG - he went to SUNY Albany. There is a high profile murder case - can;t remember the name. I will go look it up. I wonder if they could be related...

Edited to add
http://dave-lucas.blogspot.com/2008/04/rip-joshua-szostak.html

Joshua Szostak. I think he went to SUNYA as well. the Bayou cafe is a hangout for college age kids. He went missing Dec 23, body found April 23, 2008 in the Hudson. Death was ruled an accidental drowning, but the family believes he was murdered. I'm not sure if the timing is right for Markoff.

That's one of the names on MY list!

I'm not thinking he necessarily had 'pre-arranged' a meeting,.... but more of an 'opportunity' arose.

I believe he MAY have been 'testing' the waters, so to speak. Like with his other info, he was *open* to 'new experiences.' :eek:

Just something to think about. ;)

JMHO
fran

I sure do see your point, fran, and you are so right about criminals changing their m.o. etc! Wow.
The only thing I might question (and I sure have been wrong about some things!) is that he's only 22 yrs old so in 2002 he would have been pretty young (15 yrs old). Guess it doesn't make a difference; Dahmer and Bundy were committing and believed to have committed terrible, sadistic crimes as teenagers.

I did think about his age. He was born on 2/12/86, which would have made him turn 16 in '02. Which would make him eligible to get his driver's license.

FWIW, I've read info about a number of serial killers and SOME of them got their first taste of blood in their teens. :(

JMHO
fran

What is "social orientation" ? I notice that he prefers not to say what his is? he says his sexual orientation is "straight" . :confused:

The "activities enjoyed" sound like he copied them from some weird magazine, they couldn't ALL be things he enjoys...could they??? Makes me think he is fishing for as many victims as possible by listing every possible fetish, etc, that he can find.

What he says he is into... not that unusual of a list (for this particular scene). Yup... he can be into all that at once.

ETA: Alt.com gives you a list to check off. Notice it's in alphabetical order.

Can someone copy and paste? It won't come up for me??

I wish this thread were easier to find. I had to 'search' for it. I think the case it about to blow wide open and needs it's own sub forum.

I wish this thread were easier to find. I had to 'search' for it. I think the case it about to blow wide open and needs it's own sub forum.

Oo-oo! Me, too. Let's go. This guy is going to take us all for a ride. (I mean, up until they put him away for good.)

RE his ALT profile...

He identifies as a submissive? I wouldn't have thought that, given his criminal aggression. Man, this guy is w.h.a.c.k.e.d.

From what I'm seeing it looks like he was not looking for Transexual erotic workers, but was engaging with these men/women on a social level.

That implies to me that robbery was not a motive for these contacts as ordinary people don't carry large amounts of cash on them as erotic entertainers do.

I'm just wondering if I'm reading this correctly... the transexuals PM was contacting were not erotic entertainers, is that correct?

When I google "sexaddict53885" I get a link to the conversation here at WebSleuths, and another link that flashes between two URLs when I try to connect to it. Anyone else experiencing similar weirdness? TIA

From what I'm seeing it looks like he was not looking for Transexual erotic workers, but was engaging with these men/women on a social level.

That implies to me that robbery was not a motive for these contacts as ordinary people don't carry large amounts of cash on them as erotic entertainers do.

I'm just wondering if I'm reading this correctly... the transexuals PM was contacting were not erotic entertainers, is that correct?

That's my understanding, that these are just people looking for encounters, not for money.
THAT is one of the things that makes me think that this may not have been all about $$ at all, or at least not exclusively.

Since many people who are gay or bisexual are "in the closet", so I'm guessing that a person's "social orientation" is the persona a person presents in their everyday life, which may be different from their true sexual orientation.

Since PM put "straight" for that it doesn't make sense. Could be that he is so much in the closet he hasn't even come out to himself, don't know if that is possible. Could account for the sexual rage that seems to be involved in his crimes. Edit: After being able to connect to Alt.com site it looks like PM listed his sexual orientation as "prefer not to say"

Since many people who are gay or bisexual are "in the closet", so I'm guessing that a person's "social orientation" is the persona a person presents in their everyday life, which may be different from their true sexual orientation.

Since PM put "straight" for that it doesn't make sense. Could be that he is so much in the closet he hasn't even come out to himself, don't know if that is possible. Could account for the sexual rage that seems to be involved in his crimes.

We are *so* on the same page, Daisy. :)
I wonder if he is gay...and hostile that he is? Stranger things have happened.
I mean, he's a good looking guy...with a fiance'...maybe he was denying to himself what he knew was true? Obviously, he was keeping up appearances. Julissa was so brutalized, that does suggest some major hostility...I thought initially it was because he thinks he's "better", but maybe he's just a woman hater and prostitutes are easily victimized? But why would an in the closet gay man have hostility towards women?
This is enough to make my head spin. He may be one of those people that it's impossible to get to the bottom of...and I don't know that I want to. :eek:

Since PM put "straight" for that it doesn't make sense. Could be that he is so much in the closet he hasn't even come out to himself, don't know if that is possible. Could account for the sexual rage that seems to be involved in his crimes.

Thanks, daisy.faithfull. That makes sense to me about the social orientation.

There is a lot of sexual rage in his crimes--for sure. I really wonder if what has surfaced so far with him is just the tip of the iceberg.

Thanks, daisy.faithfull. That makes sense to me about the social orientation.

There is a lot of sexual rage in his crimes--for sure. I really wonder if what has surfaced so far with him is just the tip of the iceberg.

Oh, I think it's the tip of a very BIG iceberg...especially after he told his family that there will be more to come. I don't know if I wanna know any more. :eek:

Oh, I think it's the tip of a very BIG iceberg...especially after he told his family that there will be more to come. I don't know if I wanna know any more. :eek:

I'm afraid it's going to be really creepy.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hernak
Back