MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This was the first item retrieved when I googled "Karen Read" "tumor":

Yes and the jury, I have very little doubt, views him as the repulsive misogynyst he is. IMOO.

Just bouncing off your post

My takeaway is that his testimony as to the few points of evidence he was actually questioned on will be put into doubt by his obvious and blatant negative bias towards KR. Jury will be unable to reasonably believe that this did not influence his investigation not only of her but his tunnel visioned obsession which meant his mind had closed to any other possible avenues. jmo.

Imo CW realised this risk so they tried to get in first and rehabilitate the character of the unrehabilitatable. He couldn't even do a good job faking remorse and gave himself away once he began spurting phrases such as 'it was a joke'; 'I regret my choice of poor language' etc etc etc and so forth. Moo
I noticed Lally didn't preface Proctor's testimony by acknowledging to the jury that Proctor's behavior is not representative of LE as a whole.
I think it's because obviously Proctor was very comfortable sending unprofessional messages to his superiors and they did not chastise/fire him.
Lally couldn't even defend Proctor's unprofessionalism as being unique in this case.

Did anyone see how poor Officer O'keefe's family reacted to Proctor's horrible behavior?
So shameful.

I've seen comments related to <modsnip - namecalling> Proctor commenting on KR's colostomy. Does she even have one? I thought his comment related to her.....anatomy....where you go #2. :) Like, saying she "leaks" from there, which I suppose could be a symptom of her illness (I know very little about Chrohn's or colitis). And I'm not interested in finding out details of her illness. I'm asking because how did HE know about her illness???

JMO MOO
Maybe he got that information, if it's true, from when he went through her phone?? IDK.

Not in my world. I’m in a different profession, but if I wrote texts like that (disparaging another person, using vulgar language, bringing up someone’s medical condition etc) and a recipient was my supervisor, they’d pull me aside and tell me to knock it off and remind me how unprofessional it is. And if I did it again, I’d probably be written up.
In my world, union or no, he'd be fired. And anyone who read it and liked it would be warned. He's a MA state employee using a personal phone for work so the same as a work phone.

And we have already heard about evidence not being logged in for days, about an evidence envelope with Bukhenik's name on it that he says was not his handwriting, missing minutes on videos, inverted videos, dark videos, missing ring footage from JO's house, etc. He is nothing but a liar when he says his attitude did not affect the investigation as we have already seen proof otherwise.

I think Lally might be a zombie. For real.

It's a little bizarre the way Lally had Proctor read the texts out loud. If his intention was to soften their impact, I don't think he achieved his goal.

The trial attorneys on youtube, etc had a lot of ideas of how he could have gone about this differently. A skillful lawyer would have gotten the gist of the messages across but without having Proctor read out the c-word and all the rest. Now the jury is just going to hear Proctor read them again at the behest of Jackson.

II honestly think Lally is a victim of the Peter Principle. He might be a decent enough attorney to argue a run-of-the mill DUI or shoplifting case, but he's totally unsuited to lead a complex murder trial.

It's a real puzzle to me why he's the one assigned this case, and doing it basically solo to boot.

It's a little bizarre the way Lally had Proctor read the texts out loud. If his intention was to soften their impact, I don't think he achieved his goal.

The trial attorneys on youtube, etc had a lot of ideas of how he could have gone about this differently. A skillful lawyer would have gotten the gist of the messages across but without having Proctor read out the c-word and all the rest. Now the jury is just going to hear Proctor read them again at the behest of Jackson.

II honestly think Lally is a victim of the Peter Principle. He might be a decent enough attorney to argue a run-of-the mill DUI or shoplifting case, but he's totally unsuited to lead a complex murder trial.
And that's a good thing for Karen Reader right?

Despite all the lying, all the weird behavior by those at the house, the horrendous investigation, the issues I have with the prosecution theory, and mistake after mistake, I do believe it is far more probable than not that Karen Read did in fact hit John with her car.

But because of those things however, I couldn’t come close to convicting her on a single charge.
I used to think it was possible KR hit him accidentally. And the prosecution is over charging by saying it was intentional.

But now we know so much more from the federal investigation, including experts who will testify OJO's injuries aren't even from a vehicle strike...

And that's a good thing for Karen Reader right?
Maybe. Lally's been a lawyer in the DA office for a while, but I get the impression he's considered a journeyman at best. I kind of suspect the real hot-shot attorneys refused to take it on. But maybe Lally agreed for brownie points?

I don't really know though. One day there's going to be an incredible book published with all the machinations and inside info. I can't wait to read it.

Proctor is still defending his behavior?? He could help himself by showing a little contrition.
In the case of Proctor, my grandfather would say either that boy wasn't raised right, or he's missing his shame bone.

KR was seated in front of Proctor and why he did not apologize directly to KR is beyond me. IMO, anything else here was just for the Court record, and meaningless.

Haha, I remember that book. Promoted until reaching your level of incompetence. And there one stays....
Such an old principle but still so true.
I'm sure Lally is fine with domestics and drunk driving. I'd like to think the top notch prosecutors in the office all refused the assignment, maybe even threatened to quit. Dreaming probably, I know. But maybe.

Not sure if that's true. I had a medical problem that EMS responded to and I had to go to the hospital for period of time. I left my cellphone @ home as I was in no way able to get it before I was transported. Therefore none of my friends or neighbors knew I was in the hospital. We're a small community of locals and my neighbors were asking officers in the next few days if they knew anything about my condition and they told them I was a medical transport and they couldn't give them any further information. That's the answer I hoped for as it's NONE of anyone's business what I was transported for. That's what HIPAA is for and I'm very glad that my personal health wasn't blabbed all over town.

So again, I think this is a MAJOR violation of Karen's right to HIPAA protection! The whole world now knows about it and that is just so VERY,VERY WRONG IMO!!! I'm filled with rage that Proctor decided to gossip like a 6 yr old child about such a personal matter. I hope she sues the *advertiser censored* out of him for that!!

Furthermore cretin proctor disclosed this on his PERSONAL PHONE so it wasn't in any way done under official business and wasn't disclosed on an official document!!!

No! He disclosed this info on his personal phone to people that were not officially a part of the investigation. He disclosed this info in a malicious way in order to discredit, demean, and humiliate the defendant. He did this without any semblance to the law and did it far outside the boundaries that HIPAA protects!! It's vile and disgusting behavior from a police officer who should be held to higher standards. What he did is illegal and he should be held accountable to his vile actions!!
It’s wonderful your information was protected! However HIPAA does not cover your health information in all instances, only when it is related to a covered entity. These are hospitals and healthcare centers and whoever their business associates are (I.e. if a hospital accountant sees data they are required to maintain HIPAA standards). It also only applies when there is transmission of information regarding transactions like insurance. If you go to make a report for a HIPAA violation you can see who you can report.

With that being said, I have no idea if there are privacy and confidentiality laws that law enforcement must follow. And, it certainly isn’t ethical to share it.. even if legal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove