MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wanted to let you know that her health problems were discussed in court hearings and also Ma news outlets. JM has MS and her and KR shared health info. KR's health problems have been out there for some time.

I understand that now it's part of the record but back in the early part of the investigation it was not public knowledge. Or at least not to the extent that proctor disclosed. Other posters have corrected me on this so I'll admit I'm wrong but it just seems so very wrong to have your health records and history exposed. And it was disclosed in away way to insult and humiliate KR. It served no other purpose and had no bearing on the case. It's vile behavior and proves what a complete pile of garbage proctor is.

Lots of evidence of terrible police work and despicable police officers who should be fired.
A good defense attorney is going to tear this case to shreds and we are about to see that.
A good prosecutor would have known not to touch this with a 10 foot pole.
RSBM
I agree with these points.
So why is Morrissey, Lally, Judge Bev trying to rush this trial through?
Why risk their careers pushing through a bad case, unless the other option was worse somehow for them?

RSBM
I agree with these points.
So why is Morrissey, Lally, Judge Bev trying to rush this trial through?
Why risk their careers pushing through a bad case, unless the other option was worse somehow for them?
Why indeed? GREAT questions. We may never know the answer but I am hoping when all is said and done, we get more transparency as to what was really going on here.

I understand that now it's part of the record but back in the early part of the investigation it was not public knowledge. Or at least not to the extent that proctor disclosed. Other posters have corrected me on this so I'll admit I'm wrong but it just seems so very wrong to have your health records and history exposed. And it was disclosed in away way to insult and humiliate KR. It served no other purpose and had no bearing on the case. It's vile behavior and proves what a complete pile of garbage proctor is.
Don't forget JM befriending KR and talking about their health problems. And also JA being close with MP's sister. I feel like I'm forgetting someone but this is enough. Those busy bodies thrive on gossip about everything.JMO

lol - don't you mean "goin down the Cape on Saturday"
When I worked for a large coporation just west of Boston
All you heard Friday morning in the hallways was everybody asking everybody
"When you headed down the Cape?"
jmo
True. Ahhhh the best times, without a thought. (or one already has a 'cape house' in the family).

C'mon folks .. please don't test our patience.

When a link is not allowed, that includes any and all discussion at the link.

Linking to Proctor's wife's social media is off limits and that includes any/all information found there.

My first job out of college I worked for a firm that did accident reconstructions. Did the leg work, ordering reports, did measurements, photos, got autopsies, anything needed. Never, ever did I see a pedestrian case with injuries like JO's.
His stomach and pancreas were also injured IIRC

BIG turnout tonight for the Canton Select Board Meeting. More folks have attended than the last couple of I've watched. Let's just say there are some very unhappy people there tonight. You can find it on YouTube.
I misssssed it all, I found live stream. Yes, man and woman furious but they had their 15 min allotted it was said.. and OH NOO, ALBERT IS SITTING 'IN OFFICE' right there, I can imagine what the people were saying. It was about 'town needing change' and of course about prob the PD. I am sure. Wow. Oh I see a woman holding up to face the camera in back of her, while facing forward, choose canton over cronyism.

With that being said, I have no idea if there are privacy and confidentiality laws that law enforcement must follow. And, it certainly isn’t ethical to share it.. even if legal.
^^rsbm

From the American Bar Association, in addition to state and/or local enacted Statutes, it appears that a breach of KR's medical information by LE is actionable as a violation of her civil rights pursuant to the Fourth Amendment:

Although the Fourth Amendment “third party doctrine” is complicated and contested, in a series of cases beginning in the 1960s and continuing into the 1980s, the Supreme Court developed the doctrine that one typically retains no federal constitutional reasonable expectation of privacy in information conveyed to a third party.[19] Of course, the doctrine is not absolute, as the Court granted constitutional protection to the contents of telephone conversations conveyed to a third party provider,[20] and lower federal courts have therefore granted constitutional protection to reading preferences,[21] medical information,[22] and electronic mail.[23] Most recently, the Supreme Court urged caution:

I misssssed it all, I found live stream. Yes, man and woman furious but they had their 15 min allotted it was said.. and OH NOO, ALBERT IS SITTING 'IN OFFICE' right there, I can imagine what the people were saying. It was about 'town needing change' and of course about prob the PD. I am sure. Wow. Oh I see a woman holding up to face the camera in back of her, while facing forward, choose canton over cronyism.
I'm seeing it via young jurks utube.from beginning. Lots of chatter on the side running thing against bad probs with a chief rafferty. The new woman chief. CORRUPT thennnn long ago and her father who was also a cop there. wowza.

^^rsbm

From the American Bar Association, in addition to state and/or local enacted Statutes, it appears that a breach of KR's medical information by LE is actionable as a violation of her civil rights pursuant to the Fourth Amendment:

Although the Fourth Amendment “third party doctrine” is complicated and contested, in a series of cases beginning in the 1960s and continuing into the 1980s, the Supreme Court developed the doctrine that one typically retains no federal constitutional reasonable expectation of privacy in information conveyed to a third party.[19] Of course, the doctrine is not absolute, as the Court granted constitutional protection to the contents of telephone conversations conveyed to a third party provider,[20] and lower federal courts have therefore granted constitutional protection to reading preferences,[21] medical information,[22] and electronic mail.[23] Most recently, the Supreme Court urged caution:

Well imagine that !!
After this trial, I expect a civil suit within minutes from KR.
Karen Read will own Canton and the MSP will name a street after her. LOL

On Tuesday, the Massachusetts State Police confirmed Trooper Proctor is still employed by the agency and he is the subject of an open Internal Affairs investigation. A spokesperson would not confirm whether he was actively working or on leave.
The State Police union said it would not comment until after the trial is over.
Setting aside Proctor's inappropriate behavior for a second, Emily D. Baker makes a great point about how he was looking at the data on KR's phone:

"He seemed to be manipulating her cellphone directly," Baker explained. "So, any evidence from her cellphone, I'm going to question because in my experience, I've never seen anyone manipulate a device. That device is always extracted into a mirrored image or drive or a Cellebrite extraction."

Really strange if it's true that he was literally scrolling through her physical phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member