MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Setting aside Proctor's inappropriate behavior for a second, Emily D. Baker makes a great point about how he was looking at the data on KR's phone:

"He seemed to be manipulating her cellphone directly," Baker explained. "So, any evidence from her cellphone, I'm going to question because in my experience, I've never seen anyone manipulate a device. That device is always extracted into a mirrored image or drive or a Cellebrite extraction."

Really strange if it's true that he was literally scrolling through her physical phone.
FWIW, I recall Proctor testifying that besides ten years experience as a state trooper, he was also trained/certified with Cellebrite Software.

ETA: Proctor gives his credentials for the Homicide Division beginning at about 2:35:00 mark:

Last edited:
Setting aside Proctor's inappropriate behavior for a second, Emily D. Baker makes a great point about how he was looking at the data on KR's phone:

"He seemed to be manipulating her cellphone directly," Baker explained. "So, any evidence from her cellphone, I'm going to question because in my experience, I've never seen anyone manipulate a device. That device is always extracted into a mirrored image or drive or a Cellebrite extraction."

Really strange if it's true that he was literally scrolling through her physical phone.

That hadn't even occurred to me! Wouldn't that be a chain of custody issue?

afaik there was nothing on his lower body. and the pancreas injury was from the cold.JMO
….but we’d know for sure if Lally had decided to call the ME already. 6? Weeks in and not yet. Isn’t a trial supposed to go, officers who responded to crime scene, person who found body (maybe switch that order), and ME? Isn’t that generally a basic foundation to start the prosecutions case? Identify that there’s a crime scene, a body was found, and the injuries/COD/MOD.

Nothing about this trial is normal. Not a single thing.

Start with it's a common scenario: a drinking while driving incident.

Then she admits to basic facts: she was drinking, she dropped him off there, she made a turn around in a blizzard, in the dark, with him nearby

Then her tailight is broken

Sure all of this was poorly documented by bafoons but the evidence is all there.
Is there evidence of Karen's vehicle turning around?
Ryan Nagle approached BA's house from the north, going south. He saw Karen's car also approach from the north, going south.
They both stopped in front of BA's house, both cars still pointing south.
KR's car was already headed south, in the direction toward OJO's house. Why would she do a three point turn?
Even if she did turn, and strike OJO with her car, she would have to turn around AGAIN to head back home.

I understand that now it's part of the record but back in the early part of the investigation it was not public knowledge. Or at least not to the extent that proctor disclosed. Other posters have corrected me on this so I'll admit I'm wrong but it just seems so very wrong to have your health records and history exposed. And it was disclosed in away way to insult and humiliate KR. It served no other purpose and had no bearing on the case. It's vile behavior and proves what a complete pile of garbage proctor is.
Fine! but poopy, re***, cu**, thats humiliating, mocking, making fun of a disability, that crosses every line.

The bulb would also have a thinner envelope (covering) than the housing pieces, and probably composed of different materials.
look closely, no expert, but I thought I saw white where it should not have been. Maybe over analyzing. would love another opinion.

gee, then the defense needs to get an ME to bring that out unless they can make her say it.JMO

Sounds like the ME had been paid off to write the death was 'not as a result of a fight' 'undetermined death'.
Then oh heck, this thing has gone public, might lose my license. Revised 'Death as a result of blunt force trauma and hypothermia'. Well LE really did bust their chops as proctor put it to get that original farcical death certificate. Would love AJ to cross examine the ME. To me, the proctor text about busting their chops with the ME, together with the ridiculous original death certificate is the strongest evidence in the case that there was a cover up. MOO

Officer Lank, was he one of the first as well to arrive? He's a Canton townie as well. He is also promoted to DETECTIVE. He was not effective at the scene of JO, that was clear. Gifts all around with pay raise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove