MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe this doesn’t matter but reflecting on all the investigators that went back and forth to BA’s home multiple times how many of them recall hearing Chloe bark or have seen her at least once on the Jan 29th or afterwards?

SSSSSSSSSSSssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Chloe is happy in Vermont !!!

:rolleyes:

Does anyone have a picture of the dog Chloe who 'allegedly attacked JO (and has apparently reportedly sent two people to the ER and attacked another dog. I have seen two pictures online, one on 'turtleboy website' and another on a different site. two different dogs. but if either is correct, there is more pitbull in the dog than other breeds. In my opinion only.

No pictures, and have only read that Chloe was a 70# German Shepherd Mix. However, searching info about the dog, I came across this MSM from May 4, 2023 detailing some of the obstacles the defense has faced when going up against Brian Albert, et al.

Setting aside Proctor's inappropriate behavior for a second, Emily D. Baker makes a great point about how he was looking at the data on KR's phone:

"He seemed to be manipulating her cellphone directly," Baker explained. "So, any evidence from her cellphone, I'm going to question because in my experience, I've never seen anyone manipulate a device. That device is always extracted into a mirrored image or drive or a Cellebrite extraction."

Really strange if it's true that he was literally scrolling through her physical phone.
Did the defense ask to perform their own extraction of KR’s phone?
Could you imagine if they’re able to see what steps were taken in her phone POST seizure? Holy moly

Where is the proof the pieces found by SERT on 1/29 match Lexus?

They seem to match because the puzzle tech managed to fit them all together. The problem is the chain of evidence on when the pieces found 1-29 actually went to the lab. They were not with the first batch of plastic that officer dicicco delivered on 2/3. They came in sometime later. So, that evidence found 1/29 was missing in action for I don't know how long. Plenty of time to replace dummy pieces found 1/29 with the real ones later. JMOO
That is what I thought too! But that bag was dated 2/4 and seal unbroken.
I watched a clip of Allie Motta, who keeps track of evidence. It is very perplexing.
Oh I know! Her and Melanie little did a Sunday night show. Worth a watch just to be walked through the spreadsheet.

Looking forward to tomorrow in court. AJ's cross of Proctor continues, as he was just getting started when court ended yesterday. Surely, Proctors egregious and abhorrent behaviors will be continuously displayed and broadcasted. AJ will not hold back. Hopefully, Judge Bev will allow him that. Turn the volume up, the fans on low, the A/c on hum.
We all need to hear it ! We all need to witness this !

Proctors career is toast. Non- salvagable toast, the kind you toss in the trash, and spray water on for good measure. There's just nothing good or redeemable left.

And this is what the CW wants the jury to believe?

Justice for John O'Keefe
Justice for Karen Read

MOO and Peace
Can’t wait for the Dave and Buster show tomorrow, especially Buster with TP on rotisserie over open flames!

Does anyone have a picture of the dog Chloe who 'allegedly attacked JO (and has apparently reportedly sent two people to the ER and attacked another dog. I have seen two pictures online, one on 'turtleboy website' and another on a different site. two different dogs. but if either is correct, there is more pitbull in the dog than other breeds. In my opinion only.

Attachments

• IMG_3015.jpeg
    IMG_3015.jpeg
    76.9 KB · Views: 40
People in the house needed a scapegoat and she became the obvious and perfect one, unfortunately by asking in front of first responders and JMc if she hit him and so on

While still of a dissenting opinion, I agree that hysterical utterance "oh I hit him" or "did I hit him?", however it was phrased, is not the proof of guilt per se. Admission itself is not always the proof of guilt. Andrey Vyshinsky, Soviet jurist and the prosecutor at Moscow show trials, has formulated a phrase, "confession of the accused is the queen of evidence"." As we know how confessions were obtained in Stalin's times, i am against usinng this principle, and while KR's situation is very different, I don't think we have to much rely on confession. Now, I am skeptical about all such cases, there are false confessions, there are forced confessions, what not. I had to unfollow some other cases, e.g., the Delphi one, because they rely too much on individual confession, IMO. However, coming back to KR's situation, I have a question:

If we remove her "statement", be it "did I hit him?" or "I hit him", whatever way it was reported, because I intend to disregard it out of own principles,

What stays as a proof of her guilt/innocence?

(Just imagine she didn't say it and just called two women in the morning with her concerns because JO wasn't at home. Everything else stays, but she didn't say these words - what would be a strong indicator of her guilt?)

ADMIN NOTE:

This is an important reminder.

Very basic TOS requires that when something is stated as fact, a link to an approved source must be provided at the time the information is posted.

Do NOT post stating something as fact without a link in your original post. Saying "I read somewhere ..." etc or "I'll find the link later ..." is absolutely not okay. It only creates confusion on the thread, it disrupts the discussion, and it ends up wreaking havoc with Moderators trying to sort it all out.

NO LINK, NO POST !!

One thing that’s always bothered me is that there was no one guarding the potential evidence site after the morning JO was found. Evidence was collected and then the site was virtually abandoned until LE decides to wander back to do more evidence collections on subsequent days. At any time and with any of the people involved, that site was open to potential contamination.

One thing that’s always bothered me is that there was no one guarding the potential evidence site after the morning JO was found. Evidence was collected and then the site was virtually abandoned until LE decides to wander back to do more evidence collections on subsequent days. At any time and with any of the people involved, that site was open to potential contamination.
Absolutely, it's simply unbelievable that the scene was not immediately secured and guarded.Moo. But does fit in with the fact the decision was made (immediately) to not investigate other people in that home independent of interviews done off site at the McCabe's home (really do we even have a rationale for that decision that accords with adequate procedures ie BA interviewed at JMc's home) which resulted in incrimination of KR. JMc requested that interview according to her own testimony.

JMc Direct Law&Crime

JMc Cross Court TV

Where is the proof the pieces found by SERT on 1/29 match Lexus?

They seem to match because the puzzle tech managed to fit them all together. The problem is the chain of evidence on when the pieces found 1-29 actually went to the lab. They were not with the first batch of plastic that officer dicicco delivered on 2/3. They came in sometime later. So, that evidence found 1/29 was missing in action for I don't know how long. Plenty of time to replace dummy pieces found 1/29 with the real ones later. JMOO
Just the fact that Proctor shows up to testify on Monday carrying an evidence bag (seal broken) of what turned out to be the entire tail light housing!

For what -- to tell the mere peasants watching that all those shattered pieces previously presented by others earlier will fit nicely inside this unit that he carried into Court? o_O

This dude and the horse he rode in on is out of control! JMO

Very interesting about what info they could get, wonder if that’s how they came up with 60 feet @ 24 MPH
Sorry if this has been discussed, I was just curious if KR car told a story besides the tail light.
It's an exact figure: 60 feet at 24 mph. This suggests that they might have extracted this data from Lexus telematics. I'm curious about the timeframe for the telematics report to reach the police. It could explain why the charges were increased.

Honest question here because Aussie courts are a little different. The lady in the purple top sitting just to the front left of the judge appears to be speaking into a <modsnip> 'Box'. <modsnip> Is she transcribing notes or some such?
Thank you in advance.

<modsnip - some quoted posts were off topic/removed>

Last edited by a moderator:
Absolutely, it's simply unbelievable that the scene was not immediately secured and guarded.Moo. But does fit in with the fact the decision was made (immediately) to not investigate other people in that home independent of interviews done off site at the McCabe's home (really do we even have a rationale for that decision that accords with adequate procedures ie BA interviewed at JMc's home) which resulted in incrimination of KR. JMc requested that interview according to her own testimony.

JMc Direct Law&Crime

JMc Cross Court TV
Think of how many times chief Berk, BH and Kevin Albert talked amongst each other before SERT ever got there.
34F is 1.2 miles away from CPD.
We know Brian Albert was in and out of the house that day. Scene was trampled on already. NO PIECES were found at 8am, daylight and few inches of snow.

BA could have broken a light off of his lawnmower, sprinkled some on on his way to JM’s house to have something for SERT later in the day.
Remember, those pieces were never bagged on 1/29. The earliest those were bagged was 2/4.
They had SIX days to put the right shards in and replace the original found on 1/29.

If I wasn’t watching this trial and someone told me this potential scenario above, I’d laugh and think they are nutty.
But I’m watching every piece of testimony and it wouldn’t surprise me one bit that this was what happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces