MA - Remains of 3 infants found, Erika Murray charged, Blackstone, Sept 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I would think it had to do with compliance in discovery - turning things over.

A compliance hearing for RR is 3/25, Erika was due back for a hearing on 3/16 but I have found no news to verify that actually happened.

I have many questions about this family. I wonder how the children are doing now since the older kids have been in kinship care (Paternal Grandparent?) and the youngest 2 in therapeutic foster care since they were picked up. Will the State move forward with criminal charges? Have the parental rights been terminated? (I assume that is in the works at least for EM) Have they found EM to be suffering from a serious mental illness and is she still in the psychiatric unit? If she is determined to be mentally ill - did her diagnosis rise to the level of not knowing right from wrong? (which I find extremely hard to believe - given the fb postings & not allowing anyone enter the home or pics of interior).

Would love to hear updates on this case!

Has RR found employment and housing? Is he having regular visits with his children?

I have been checking frequently for updates on this case. I can't find any news updates for many months. What happened in court last month - did they postpone court for both of the parents? It has been many months since the news of this case came to light - I would expect that the court system would be moving forward by this time.

Yet another month goes by and still no word on this case. I wonder how the children are doing? Will Erika and Raymond be held accountable for their actions (inactions)?

Why has there been no significant information on this case for 6 months? Certainly there have been status hearings, termination of parental rights hearings, updates on the court proceedings, actions against RR sister for the monies owed on the demolition of the house, something?

I want to know the rest of the story. What happened to the kids? Are the older kids still with Ray's family or was he able to secure employment, housing and therapeutic services toward reunification with the older 2? What about the babies? Are they making progress in therapeutic services? Can they ever lead normal lives? Where is Erika in admitting responsibility in all of this? Is she still being held in the psychiatric wing of the prison? Are there any lessons learned in this case? Is the state pursuing murder, child endangerment, lack of providing appropriate care and well being for all the kids? Please don't let this go unnoticed or be swept under the rug - we need answers to learn how to avoid this ever happening again. It was a quiet house on a homey street, in a normal neighborhood, next to a police station. Yet babies suffered and died.

I've been wondering the same! I wonder if someone wrote to Jessica Heslam from the Boston Herald if she'd be able to find anything out. She had been covering the case from its inception. I do think about the kids everyday, especially the two youngest. I wonder if we even COULD be told this information?

Why has there been no significant information on this case for 6 months? Certainly there have been status hearings, termination of parental rights hearings, updates on the court proceedings, actions against RR sister for the monies owed on the demolition of the house, something?

I want to know the rest of the story. What happened to the kids? Are the older kids still with Ray's family or was he able to secure employment, housing and therapeutic services toward reunification with the older 2? What about the babies? Are they making progress in therapeutic services? Can they ever lead normal lives? Where is Erika in admitting responsibility in all of this? Is she still being held in the psychiatric wing of the prison? Are there any lessons learned in this case? Is the state pursuing murder, child endangerment, lack of providing appropriate care and well being for all the kids? Please don't let this go unnoticed or be swept under the rug - we need answers to learn how to avoid this ever happening again. It was a quiet house on a homey street, in a normal neighborhood, next to a police station. Yet babies suffered and died.

I've been wondering the same! I wonder if someone wrote to Jessica Heslam from the Boston Herald if she'd be able to find anything out. She had been covering the case from its inception. I do think about the kids everyday, especially the two youngest. I wonder if we even COULD be told this information?

I agree that reporter would probably be the best one to follow up on the story. I think they could say the children have been in services and are progressing very well without disclosing child names (but that is just a guess).

We definitely have a right to know info about the adults and criminal charges being filed or court dates, etc. I wonder if Ray would be willing to do an update interview. i wonder how the older kids are faring and if Raymond was able to gain Custody of the older kids. It is highly doubtful the younger 2 would be retuned to him as heap pears to never have established a relationship with them. I further wonder if the kids get sibling visits with each other - all of them.

Is the mother out of psychiatric wing of the prison? They would have to charge her to keep her there for 6 - 8 months and there should be a court process going on with both parents.

For a story that made national (international) news for the shocking things found ther - it seems appropriate to do an update story. IMO

I completely agree. I did write to Ms. Heslam, but have not heard back. This story has literally haunted me from the beginning. It is comforting to come here and know that I'm not alone.

I completely agree. I did write to Ms. Heslam, but have not heard back. This story has literally haunted me from the beginning. It is comforting to come here and know that I'm not alone.

Thank you kindly!

I went to highschool with her and worked with her back in 1999-2001. Its just crazy

I went to highschool with her and worked with her back in 1999-2001. Its just crazy

Welcome to WS Igmomma! Glad you joined us! If you would like to be verified as a local you can alert a moderator.

It has been so long since we have had any news. Thank you Curiouser for posting the arraignment hearing - I had not seen that before. I was struck with how flat of an affect she has and I think I noticed a tic in her right eye when she was answering to the charges (maybe that only happens when she is stressed). She seemed to "zone out" when the details of the case were being outlined by the State's Atty. I think that is her coping skill - just zone out, forget, escape, not have to deal with . . . . anything or anyone. JMO

Welcome to WS Igmomma! Glad you joined us! If you would like to be verified as a local you can alert a moderator.

It has been so long since we have had any news. Thank you Curiouser for posting the arraignment hearing - I had not seen that before. I was struck with how flat of an affect she has and I think I noticed a tic in her right eye when she was answering to the charges (maybe that only happens when she is stressed). She seemed to "zone out" when the details of the case were being outlined by the State's Atty. I think that is her coping skill - just zone out, forget, escape, not have to deal with . . . . anything or anyone. JMO

Agreed that she appears 'zone[d] out' in this video footage from the arraignment hearing...either a detachment from reality as a coping response and impaired mental status or from being heavily medicated. It would be interesting to read a psychological evaluation of EM. The details of this case continue to be haunting and I have similar questions to wenwe4. I'm also curious what EM's parents think of all this -- and how can EM plead 'not guilty' as she listens to the details of the horrible neglect the living children prevailed through -- along with the evidence found by the police. So very disturbing and it leaves so many unanswered questions. :(

Hi everyone. Just wanted to update you for those of you still following this case...

I wrote an e-mail to Ms. Heslam (Boston Herald) asking her if she had any updates. While she hadn't heard anything recently, she did say she would look into it more and see what she might find.

I know you all have so many unanswered questions; there's a ton of them. How are the kids doing? What did the ME's report find (if finished)...and so on.

Here's to hoping we hear something...

Hi everyone. Just wanted to update you for those of you still following this case...

I wrote an e-mail to Ms. Heslam (Boston Herald) asking her if she had any updates. While she hadn't heard anything recently, she did say she would look into it more and see what she might find.

I know you all have so many unanswered questions; there's a ton of them. How are the kids doing? What did the ME's report find (if finished)...and so on.

Here's to hoping we hear something...

The Thank button simply isn't enough curiouser_!
Truly!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissingWithoutAnswers