MA MA - Sandra Crispo, 54, Hanson, 7 August 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We have heard "police have not found any evidence of foul play" many times on other cases. "Police don't suspect foul play" is interesting. Or it could be poor journalism which is rampant these days.

I think the police are holding on to their original theory that she left willingly and is alive somewhere. The only information we could go off of was the bed slats being moved... which to me always seemed like she moved the mattress to get money or important papers.

This is from the town next over to mine. My friend's parents are actually Sandra's neighbors. The whole situation is very strange and no one seems to have any idea what happened to her.

*modsnip*

Last edited by a moderator:
This is from the town next over to mine. My friend's parents are actually Sandra's neighbors. The whole situation is very strange and no one seems to have any idea what happened to her.

*modsnip*.
I don't know what the police can do other than pressure some of those that know her best for more information. What do you suggest they do? Were your friend's parents interviewed by LE?

I was thinking about Sandra today. I was thinking about how little we actually know about her as a person. We know she was a loving grandma with no phone but not much else. One thing was I could not remember if we found out whether or not she was employed. I was thinking 54 was sort of young to have enough money to retire. I remember she had sold the family home a few months prior, but was she working then? Did she plan to work again? What happened to the man she had children with? Death or divorce? They mention Granny but never talk about Grandpa.

Just a few thoughts I had today...I’ve been so hung up on the last 3 days she was seen that I haven’t been thinking about her as a whole.
We know very little about her from msm.
Nothing about her life prior to the recent move to be near her grandchildren.
No cell phone or computer? I’m guessing she did not have an email address or was on any social media without a smartphone, tablet or computer.
She could only communicate on a landline phone. Perhaps local calls only.
Has she always been like that?

I don't know what the police can do other than pressure some of those that know her best for more information. What do you suggest they do? Were your friend's parents interviewed by LE?

My friend's father was questioned about Sandra. I just think there is more they can do. It's a small, quiet town. For someone to go missing like that is very strange (even though, yes, Maura went missing 15 years ago up in NH). It seems like they just gave up and that isn't fair to Sandra or the town of Hanson or the towns surrounding Hanson. There are so many unanswered questions and very scared people.

*modsnip *
If they were neighbors, did they have any impression of Sandra? Had they seen her out and about while she lived there? There may be other investigators working on this though I'd think. Behind the scenes. It was turned over a while back to I believe the State Police and her daughter may have hired a private investigator. Sadly for friends and family, it's a long wait for anything worthwhile maybe. Is more than one medium saying this, entirely on their own without previous information, re the concrete cylinder thing.

If they were neighbors, did they have any impression of Sandra? Had they seen her out and about while she lived there? There may be other investigators working on this though I'd think. Behind the scenes. It was turned over a while back to I believe the State Police and her daughter may have hired a private investigator. Sadly for friends and family, it's a long wait for anything worthwhile maybe. Is more than one medium saying this, entirely on their own without previous information, re the concrete cylinder thing.

I know my friends father was being a good neighbor and helping her move in. But other than that, I heard nothing else about it.

I believe it's been multiple mediums that have said it.

The Disappearance of Sandra Crispo | Hue and Cry

“On Wednesday August 7, 2019, Laina drove to her mother’s house and dropped off her children as usual, before leaving for work. That afternoon, Sandra realized she was having problems with her car and another family member picked her and the boys up to drop the car off at a mechanic. The family member then took her to buy cigarettes at Cumberland Farms, which security cameras confirm. Sandra is then dropped off at her house around 5 p.m.

The next day, Laina was at the beach with her sons enjoying her day off, when she received a call from her mother’s mechanic with a request for parts that would be needed for the repair. Laina called her mother to pass on the information but was unable to reach her that morning. She tried throughout the day as well but her mother never picked up.

On Friday morning, Laina drove to her mother’s house to drop off her children for a planned sleepover, but soon realized her mother was nowhere to be found.”
—————————-
• Laina dropped off the three grandchildren at Sandra’s house. Sandra realized something was wrong with her car that afternoon while babysitting. How did she realize something was wrong? Did she attempt to go somewhere with the three young grandchildren? Did Laina, Tim and Sandra have car seats for their individual cars?
A family member picked her and the boys up to drop the car off at the mechanic? That wording is strange. Why not say a family member picked up the boys and followed Sandra to the mechanic. He then took Sandra to her house after buying cigarettes.

•Laina got a call from the mechanic about parts. Was the mechanic instructed to call Laina? And why would he do that. Sandra didn’t have a car and why wouldn’t she be at home? I can’t imagine my mechanic calling my mother about my car - even if he couldn’t reach me. And Laina tried calling her mom all day - with no answer or return call. Where did she think Sandra was - with no car? And only being there 3 months?
Just shows up the next morning and is shocked that her mother isn’t there?
What the heck?!?

The Disappearance of Sandra Crispo | Hue and Cry

“On Wednesday August 7, 2019, Laina drove to her mother’s house and dropped off her children as usual, before leaving for work. That afternoon, Sandra realized she was having problems with her car and another family member picked her and the boys up to drop the car off at a mechanic. The family member then took her to buy cigarettes at Cumberland Farms, which security cameras confirm. Sandra is then dropped off at her house around 5 p.m.

The next day, Laina was at the beach with her sons enjoying her day off, when she received a call from her mother’s mechanic with a request for parts that would be needed for the repair. Laina called her mother to pass on the information but was unable to reach her that morning. She tried throughout the day as well but her mother never picked up.

On Friday morning, Laina drove to her mother’s house to drop off her children for a planned sleepover, but soon realized her mother was nowhere to be found.”
—————————-
• Laina dropped off the three grandchildren at Sandra’s house. Sandra realized something was wrong with her car that afternoon while babysitting. How did she realize something was wrong? Did she attempt to go somewhere with the three young grandchildren? Did Laina, Tim and Sandra have car seats for their individual cars?
A family member picked her and the boys up to drop the car off at the mechanic? That wording is strange. Why not say a family member picked up the boys and followed Sandra to the mechanic. He then took Sandra to her house after buying cigarettes.

•Laina got a call from the mechanic about parts. Was the mechanic instructed to call Laina? And why would he do that. Sandra didn’t have a car and why wouldn’t she be at home? I can’t imagine my mechanic calling my mother about my car - even if he couldn’t reach me. And Laina tried calling her mom all day - with no answer or return call. Where did she think Sandra was - with no car? And only being there 3 months?
Just shows up the next morning and is shocked that her mother isn’t there?
What the heck?!?

I don't have a link off hand but there was an article or interview where Laina addressed the mechanic situation. She said it was her and her husband's usual mechanic, he had worked on multiple cars for them already, and it was just a situation where the mechanic was used to dealing with them directly. Since we now know Laina's husband was the family member who was with her at the mechanic, it does make sense to me that the mechanic called the McMahons instead of Sandra. It's even possible IMO that the son in law was paying for the repair as it's in his best interest for his children to ride in a safe car. It's his mechanic so he probably arranged the whole thing.

If it was his mechanic, it makes sense he would have called Tim (most likely on his cell phone). Just seems awkward for the mechanic to call Tim and then have Laina call her mother about the car. JMO

Unless the McMahons don’t have cell phones (like Sandra) and the mechanic called their house/landline phone?

But with Laina being a nurse, I bet she had a cell phone. Plus she was at the beach that day with the boys.

If that concerned about safety/cars/etc - I would envision this being said....
“Tim, I’ve tried calling Mom several times today and she isn’t answering her phone or calling me back? She’s at home without a car, could you check on her on your way home from work?”

All JMO

I think following the money, wherever that is, is key to solving this crime. I also think, sadly, Sandra is no longer with us. The fact that she has not been found speaks more to someone who knew her, rather than a random attack for robbery or a simple sexual assault. It also may indicate she went somewhere willingly with someone she trusted. I don't believe she left voluntarily. Not at all.

The lights,a/c back door not locked, dog alone makes it seem sudden or spur of the moment and she didn't intend to be out long .....MOO The bed slats is odd and could be relavent, but maybe not . Dogs unattended do some interesting things sometimes. Panic and separation anxiety ...

I don't have a link off hand but there was an article or interview where Laina addressed the mechanic situation. She said it was her and her husband's usual mechanic, he had worked on multiple cars for them already, and it was just a situation where the mechanic was used to dealing with them directly. Since we now know Laina's husband was the family member who was with her at the mechanic, it does make sense to me that the mechanic called the McMahons instead of Sandra. It's even possible IMO that the son in law was paying for the repair as it's in his best interest for his children to ride in a safe car. It's his mechanic so he probably arranged the whole thing.
Thank you @Yemelyan, I will go back and look for that article. I keep thinking about Sandra and her precious grandchildren. Makes me sad :(

If it was his mechanic, it makes sense he would have called Tim (most likely on his cell phone). Just seems awkward for the mechanic to call Tim and then have Laina call her mother about the car. JMO

Unless the McMahons don’t have cell phones (like Sandra) and the mechanic called their house/landline phone?

But with Laina being a nurse, I bet she had a cell phone. Plus she was at the beach that day with the boys.

If that concerned about safety/cars/etc - I would envision this being said....
“Tim, I’ve tried calling Mom several times today and she isn’t answering her phone or calling me back? She’s at home without a car, could you check on her on your way home from work?”

All JMO

I mean, it's almost pointless to try to figure out what was normal *for them.* Laina described it as "our mechanic" so possibly she is the one who normally deals with that stuff. I could also see the mechanic saying, we should have info on the car tomorrow, who do we call?" And Tim saying "Call Laina as she's the one who doesn't have to work tomorrow." It's literally all speculation at this point and each thing in isolation could look suspicious.

I think one thing that's easy to forget in the "missing grandma" narrative is that Sandra is only 54 (now 55) years old. I wouldn't worry about not being able to contact a 54 year old without a cell phone as much as I would if an 80 year old went off the grid, you know? There are so many other things an active 54 year old could be doing instead of answering a landline.

I am optimistic that the reasons for her disappearance will eventually be known. I think police probably have a lot of the pieces now.

The no cell phone, no computer thing just didn’t make sense to me. My 86 year old grandma had both before she passed away. It’s not a matter of being hip or cool but a matter of safety. Being able to call your family or for help is such a blessing for older people still on their own. Why would you ever give that up? You don’t have to USE the phone, but the option to call for help if needed seems like something no one would give up willingly. And Sandra was not that old where this technology would be completely foreign to her. It doesn’t add up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tayericson1026