MA - Vanessa Marcotte, 27, murdered, Princeton, 7 Aug 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Rot in hell *****"

I'm sure a comment like that would get LEs attention, they are without a doubt hawkeyeing her social media

Wow.

I think you should report that to the tip line. Yeah they're probably all over it, but sometimes things get overlooked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wild speculation time again....total speculation...

What if the couple on the motorcycle hit Vanessa and panicked. They decided to make it look like a rape/murder to cover the injuries they caused. We haven't heard for sure that she was sexually assaulted - maybe she wasn't. Perhaps they took her clothes to imply a rape, and burned her to cover any injuries they caused by hitting her with a vehicle.

Crazy?!?!

I had this same thought but couldn't articulate it in a post! My only hesitation--wouldn't a person know they'd leave more evidence trying to cover it up? Unless they were intoxicated and it seemed like a good plan...

"Rot in hell *****"

I'm sure a comment like that would get LEs attention, they are without a doubt hawkeyeing her social media

Hmm. That sounds more female? Do you recal
If the poster was male or female?

Is it possible that someone could have really really really disliked Vanessa....like just thought she was perfect and goody two shoes? Like girl jealousy? Could said girl have gotten an impressionable male in her life to do this dead for her?

I know that sounds like a stretch...especially to my ears, because that kind of stuff just doesn't happen here....but things like that have happened before to other girls.

The ice cream shop use to be a bar. Its also the owners house / clubhouse.

I don't know much about it. Most people who go out for ice cream wouldnt go there anyway, they'd just go to Rota Springs cause it's homemade from grass fed cows.

I had this same thought but couldn't articulate it in a post! My only hesitation--wouldn't a person know they'd leave more evidence trying to cover it up? Unless they were intoxicated and it seemed like a good plan...

I'm thinking intoxicated or on heavier drugs. I mean, the story about the ambulance seems like something a person who is under the influence might come up with - throwing out any story hoping it sounds reasonable when it sounds absurd to sober folks.

It's not my #1 theory, but I'm hanging on to it for awhile as I think this over....and until we get some definitive news. I'm not seeing any other news sources picking up the DailyMail's story yet. So, I remain cautious.

jmopinion at the moment.

Interesting theory. Sounds possible.
The only thing is, it might not explain how the would neccasarily know he had scratches and that she fought back....meaning DNa under nails. An accident could explain other injuries....but not evidence that she had fought back and he had scratches....an accident wouldn't explain how DNA would have gotten under her fingernails for example.

I don't have any clue what happened. But if the hit and run theory were true--possibly they went to move her and she was still alive and tried fighting? Unlikely, I'm sure. But none of it makes sense. Especially if there is a female involved and no sexual assault. Unless they knew her...

Or possibly she came across something they didn't want her to see? Mobile meth labs? I know they've been found in the woods, in a Walmart bathroom, in the trunks of cars.

When the rumor said it was her face that was burned, which might not be true, I thought that sounded more like a woman. But without real information, it's hard to say.

I don't have any clue what happened. But if the hit and run theory were true--possibly they went to move her and she was still alive and tried fighting? Unlikely, I'm sure. But none of it makes sense. Especially if there is a female involved and no sexual assault. Unless they knew her...

Yes, I was thinking what if they hit her and injured her, but she was still alive and able to fight?

Just a theory to consider, among others.

I'm thinking intoxicated or on heavier drugs. I mean, the story about the ambulance seems like something a person who is under the influence might come up with - throwing out any story hoping it sounds reasonable when it sounds absurd to sober folks.

It's not my #1 theory, but I'm hanging on to it for awhile as I think this over....and until we get some definitive news. I'm not seeing any other news sources picking up the DailyMail's story yet. So, I remain cautious.

jmopinion at the moment.

I think they made up the ambulance story after an employee said something like "can we call an ambulance for you?" They didn't want LE to be involved so they just made up the story that they already called an ambulance and saw a paramedic.

When the rumor said it was her face that was burned, which might not be true, I thought that sounded more like a woman. But without real information, it's hard to say.

That's intriging - what about the burning makes you think it was a female? You might be on to something.

That was my first thought too. It felt like somebody trying to erase her, like they had a grudge against how she looked, as if the sight of her face needed to be done away with even in death.

Just a thought but I wonder if she was attacked almost with a blow torch. It would make sense if they went after her face she would block it with her hands....and if she fell she might even use her feet to try to kick and push them away.
Could someone like say a man have been holding her down, and a female burning her with a blow torch?

Perhaps she started screaming so the chocked her to keep her quiet?

Jut guesses of course.

Thinking even more on this....I know we had proposed that perhaps the killer used fire to cover his tracks or conceal her identity....it was also thrown out that setting fire to cover tracks probably pointing to someone who had done this before.

But as we now know the police have his DNA, and they know he had scratches so I'm guessing he was kind of an amature at covering his tracks. Either that or cover his tracks wasn't the primary purpose of using fire.

Also if it was used to hide her identity you'd think they'd have been more concerned about hiding the body.

Another thought;
given the way she was left....out in the open, naked....clearly seems to show disrespect for the victim. So my guess is it had to be someone who either didn't know her at all, or really hated her. It seems that if it was a scorned "lover" they would have left the body in perhaps a more "caring" manner.

First time poster here so forgive me if I say something that is not " allowed" but I looked at her Twitter account and found what I think was an odd follower and when I looked further that person appears to follow only a few people like 8 or so and they are all men and then viola there's Vanessa... Seems a bit strange to me. There are other strange things there but I'm sure any tech person could see that quite easily . I don't want to say too much and I'm sure police know her social media footprint very well by now at least I hope so . That's where the answer is ....
I think I see who you're referring to.

If they do
find a suspect soon, I think they will do race/origin DNA testing. They need as much info as possible, and it is available. Jmo

Agreed. The more info/ammo the better for the prosecution. It would also limit searches on non-matching groups/individuals.

Wow.

I think you should report that to the tip line. Yeah they're probably all over it, but sometimes things get overlooked.

Just called it in. Got an automated message asking to leave detailed info so I went ahead and did so.

Hmm. That sounds more female? Do you recal
If the poster was male or female?

Is it possible that someone could have really really really disliked Vanessa....like just thought she was perfect and goody two shoes? Like girl jealousy? Could said girl have gotten an impressionable male in her life to do this dead for her?

I know that sounds like a stretch...especially to my ears, because that kind of stuff just doesn't happen here....but things like that have happened before to other girls.

It wasn't someone's name, it was something made up but I would think it was a male behind the account due to the name, then again could very well be a female.

I wish we were privy to more info about what she did the night prior to her death. Or if her father and her encountered old friends of Vanessa's or old enemies.

Someone mentioned the possibility of a blowtorch which I find compelling. I was wondering how someone could inflict somewhat localized burns - a blowtorch would do that without the need of any accelerant. A horrific thought...

Someone mentioned the possibility of a blowtorch which I find compelling. I was wondering how someone could inflict somewhat localized burns - a blowtorch would do that without the need of any accelerant. A horrific thought...

How about (sorry) a type of acid?

Yes but if your intent was to torture or disfigure someone it might be the perfect tool. It also would be that hard or suspicious to get or have a blow torch. and it would explain the specific locations, and why the rest of the woods wouldn't have caught on fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member