MA - Vanessa Marcotte, 27, murdered, Princeton, 7 Aug 2016 #7 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, just found this site. I live in the area and this murder really troubled me, that a person like this is around my home/fam etc.
I tried to read most of past posts so if I repeat something that was discussed forgive me. Here is my take, humor me, I know I'm late.
I think this is a crime of opportunity.

Do we know if accelerant was used?

Who would be carrying accelerant OR lives close enough to go and retrieve it after the crime?

Did they use some other flamesource? Propane torch etc? (Gruesome I know, sorry)

Who has these things in a vehicle for work? Plumber? Electrician? Oil tech? Dirtbiker? Atv rider?

Did she have any issues with family members? Neighbors? Somebody who lived close by or had visitors close by etc?

Is ther a Buisness in either direction that would have somebody with accelerant or torch in a personal vehicle or work van/truck
Just total speculation on my part I'm not accusing anyone of anything, realistically I don't know crap about solving crimes.

Hi all, just found this site. I live in the area and this murder really troubled me, that a person like this is around my home/fam etc.
I tried to read most of past posts so if I repeat something that was discussed forgive me. Here is my take, humor me, I know I'm late.

Who would be carrying accelerant OR lives close enough to go and retrieve it after the crime?

Did they use some other flamesource? Propane torch etc? (Gruesome I know, sorry)

Who has these things in a vehicle for work? Plumber? Electrician? Oil tech? Dirtbiker? Atv rider?

Did she have any issues with family members? Neighbors? Somebody who lived close by or had visitors close by etc?

Is ther a Buisness in either direction that would have somebody with accelerant or torch in a personal vehicle or work van/truck
Just total speculation on my part I'm not accusing anyone of anything, realistically I don't know crap about solving crimes.

Welcome. Most of this is speculation because there is very little known for facts in this case. I can only imagine how disturbing it must be for those in the area. It is terrible. I actually, think they should report something new soon.

It is not factually known what was used to start the fire.

It has been speculated, whether someone could have something to do it and the dry conditions that day making it easy. However it has also been speculated, whether he left to get something to do the fire, if he didn't have a lighter or something else.

There has been a lot of speculation on it seeming to be someone in the area, familiar with the path location she was found. In addition to media reports they suspect the person is familiar with the geographical area.

There has not been anything reported that she had issues with family members or anyone in particular.

Hi Rick. Welcome.
Kickoff pretty much explained the facts.
This is my opinion.
I agree, this was a crime of opportunity, and the perp doesn't live more than 5 miles away.
No accelerant with the exception of fast burning running shoes.
Flame source was a bic lighter, or a match, only.
The perp wasn't someone that VM knew, but he knew of her. Someone that knew her running route, her habits, and was watching her and saw her running before this happened. He also knew about the path.
There are few interesting scenarios that have been discussed.
The scenario we are discussing now, is how the SUV can fit.
JMO, it doesn't.

I was thinking about the fire thing. I was never a boy scout but every time I've tried to light a fire, no matter the conditions, I have a tough time, and I'm not desperate to destroy DNA evidence and escape. I was unaware of the fast burning running shoe angle. Thanks for the welcome to everyone also, nice deal with a forum that isn't full of jerks.

I was thinking about the fire thing. I was never a boy scout but every time I've tried to light a fire, no matter the conditions, I have a tough time, and I'm not desperate to destroy DNA evidence and escape. I was unaware of the fast burning running shoe angle. Thanks for the welcome to everyone also, nice deal with a forum that isn't full of jerks.

Welcome to websleuths thank you for contributing to this thread. I can't imagine the fear in your community I hope this monster is caught ASAP.

You are welcome.
The "fast burning running shoe angle" is only my opinion.
If you go back to the previous thread, you will see a few videos of running shoes burning, started easily with a lighter, and how fast they burn. You may be able to form an opinion from that, one way or another.

Edit:
While you are watching, notice the black toxic soot from the shoes burning. To me, it seems to match the soot found on the logs at the crime scene.

Just to clarify ...In this scenario, the murderer a. Was from out of town or just currently living out of town, but is from Princeton? b. Came to Princeton for a (possible) funeral service, having no idea VM was in town c. Noticed Vanessa somewhere around town over the weekend d. Had wanted to kill her for a long time and decided this would be the time and place and e. Borrowed or rented a car (leaving a very easy "footprint") to track and find a place to murder her?

Are you suggesting he knew her from long ago and had always wanted to take her life, making this a case of happenstance?
Basically but I doubt it will Ben what happened but hadn't he wanted to rape and kill her for ages and saw her in town and decides to take his chance.ile someone who's been obsessed but she barely knew existed if she even knew he excited

Just my opinion but I can't see most people knowing the shoes burn fast. I see him using her clothes and her hair and maybe tossing gasoline to fuel the flame but because he didn't burn the forest down I think he lives close and didn't want to risk his home catching fire If it got out of control and I wonder did he clear a nice area to use that wouldn't spread? For some reason I always picked her hands tied to a tree. I think he only cared to burn parts his DNA and anything that could connect to him and almost feel he had knowledge a fire fighter would have even just one in training or who started to train then quit. It seemed very careful and not like a crazy fire. He clearly must care about the environment and woods and not want it destroyed also.

Just my opinion but I can't see most people knowing the shoes burn fast. I see him using her clothes and her hair and maybe tossing gasoline to fuel the flame but because he didn't burn the forest down I think he lives close and didn't want to risk his home catching fire If it got out of control and I wonder did he clear a nice area to use that wouldn't spread? For some reason I always picked her hands tied to a tree. I think he only cared to burn parts his DNA and anything that could connect to him and almost feel he had knowledge a fire fighter would have even just one in training or who started to train then quit. It seemed very careful and not like a crazy fire. He clearly must care about the environment and woods and not want it destroyed also.

You mentioned hands tied. And I think Joshua mentioned her tied. If her hands and feet were tied and something around her mouth, then the material set on fire, that would explain the report of head, hands and feet burned. However, this would mean either clothes used for all this or he had 'more' supplies to manage doing this. Yes, an accelerant still could have been used too and possibly not spread with the dirt area she was at, shown in the photos. IF he did not have these things on him, he would have to come back for the fire or bring her there from other attack location with the means to do the fire at this location. IMO

For someone to do the extent of this in broad daylight, continues to indicate the person is very familiar and comfortable with the immediate area, and appears to clearly have a history having gone undetected, with this much confidence and calculation.

Solving stranger murders is very hard. Unless he reoffends and they get his DNA match LE Is probably stymied unfortunately. Jmo.

That is true. However it seems there could be more done in the area and one would think there would be much to put together with the crime scene investigation and over 1,000 tips. Then there was also news of doing advanced testing with the DNA for a facial. It would seem there should be a rush on that, with this situation as it is.

That is true. However it seems there could be more done in the area and one would think there would be much to put together with the crime scene investigation and over 1,000 tips. Then there was also news of doing advanced testing with the DNA for a facial. It would seem there should be a rush on that, with this situation as it is.

That's interesting! What is that please? I'm sorry to be uninformed.( facial)

That's interesting! What is that please? I'm sorry to be uninformed.( facial)

It was reported in media they planned to use advanced testing with DNA to come up with facial characteristics of killer..but I can try to re-post the link.

Clip from WHDH:

PRINCETON, MA (WHDH) - It has been more than three months since police found Vanessa Marcotte’s body in the woods of Princeton.
DNA found at the scene hasn’t matched anyone in any criminal database. But 7News has learned investigators are turning to new DNA technology that could literally show them the killer’s face.

Again, regarding the possibility of two locations, I'm choosing to defer to the website that was set up and is maintained by Vanessa's family. I am sure that one or more of her adoring family members selected the content for the informational parts of the site, as well as provided images and details about her character and accomplishments. I cannot imagine any reason why inaccurate information passed on by MSM would have been selected for Vanessa's site. They are not looking just to honor and remember her there, but IMO to share legitimate information to stimulate tips and counter any inaccuracies in the media.
The site has always, and continues to say, that Vanessa was "killed in the woods." That's good enough for me to push aside any theories about there being two sites.

As I was browsing around tonight, I TRIED (it was a fruitless attempt) to put myself in their shoes because how they are coping is beyond anything I can imagine. It appears that there is a team of committed family members who I'm sure are leaning on one other. It also appears that there is multi-community support for the family and some kind of faith/spiritual backbone. That's one nice thing about small towns -- people rally for "their own" whether they know the family directly or not.
But, still someone took away their baby in the worst way possible, and how to navigate forward without someone as least being found accountable yet is ....well, I don't have a word for it.
Anyhow. I think about her every day and will continue searching for any updates.

Why else would a male take a fighting, kicking screaming young lady off into the woods if not to

1) rape her
2) torture her
3) kill her
4) all of the above

I vote for all of the above. UnSub had means and opportunity.

We are not sure of the order of the burning or if it occurred at the same time when she was alive or not. The UnSub was carrying whatever tools he needed perhaps including, but not limited to, rope and an implement to use as a long-flame lighter but not hauling a jug of gasoline.

This young lady had a bi-monthly routine of visiting her family and jogging on Sunday afternoons. That routine gave one certain someone an opportunity to plan to do bad things and carry out the vicious ambush against VM.

If it weren't for her regular routine, I may be inclined to go with the happenstance of wrong time, wrong place. Otherwise, it was in his corrupted thinking that he knew her, chose her specifically and wanted to do her harm. I do believe VMs petite frame made her appear weak to the opposite sex who was out to get her.

I am beginning to believe this person is living with their wealthy parents or in an apartment paid by his parents. They know he is dangerous. He terrified them in his youth with his minor acts of violence. Perhaps he has refused required psychiatric medication.

Possibly a young man around the age of 24. He's been admitted to rehab since the incident. He holds a permanent grudge against women for ill-conceived wrongdoings.

** Thoughts and musings only, for I don't know who brought death to this young lady.

You mentioned hands tied. And I think Joshua mentioned her tied. If her hands and feet were tied and something around her mouth, then the material set on fire, that would explain the report of head, hands and feet burned. However, this would mean either clothes used for all this or he had 'more' supplies to manage doing this. Yes, an accelerant still could have been used too and possibly not spread with the dirt area she was at, shown in the photos. IF he did not have these things on him, he would have to come back for the fire or bring her there from other attack location with the means to do the fire at this location. IMO

I think it would explain the burns and she can't escape then as well as if he had a gag type thing. Would he burn the it for DNA or could they somehow show who he is more so?

For someone to do the extent of this in broad daylight, continues to indicate the person is very familiar and comfortable with the immediate area, and appears to clearly have a history having gone undetected, with this much confidence and calculation.

That's why I want to look at the places closest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member