Madeleine McCann 3 year old missing in Portugal - Part 3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with all of you, the DNA isn't going to mean much. Unless they could match it to a local suspect that had no reason to ever be in that room.

I watched a special 20/20 did about a year ago on how clean cruise ships and hotels are. They went in and did forensics and a bunch of other tests in various rooms after they were so called cleaned, different companies running the places they tested, they found semen and urine and all kinds of nasty bacteria on the beds, door handles, light switches, the refrigerator, it was gross and quite enlightening.

It's another needle in a haystack to find the originator of what was left in the McCann's apartment, and likely would be unrelated to her disappearance. It's going to take them many months, if ever, to solve this piece of the puzzle. :(

I'm in agreement with everyone about the DNA. I suppose time will tell.

As for hotels rooms...you should never use the coffee makers that are in the rooms. I just read a book about hotel employees and their cleaning habits...and it about made me sick. One gal cleaned the toilet, and then wiped the coffee pot out with the same rag. Ughhh.....

This DNA revelation is another sign to me that this investigation is not being handled well. It makes sense to check for DNA to include someone like Murat as being a suspect; because, the crime scene is essentially a hotel its insane to put any importance on any unidentified DNA. Why they would even release this information is beyond me.

mjak

Thanks for the link MG-

I agree with both of you--this DNA find is basically worthless. I am suprised they only found one sample!!

Bet they were feeling pressur to release something:silenced:

also from same link--a timeline

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/rtrs/20070601/tts-uk-portugal-girl-timeline-ca02f96_1.html

notice how this one says window and door were jimmed---

so much misinformation from so many sources, hard to know what the truth is:banghead:
So true, is anything that we have heard so far the truth. I have never heard of a case that has so many inconsistencys and misinformation. Im praying for a miracle as we all are, poor poor Madelaine.

I'm in agreement with everyone about the DNA. I suppose time will tell.

As for hotels rooms...you should never use the coffee makers that are in the rooms. I just read a book about hotel employees and their cleaning habits...and it about made me sick. One gal cleaned the toilet, and then wiped the coffee pot out with the same rag. Ughhh.....:eek: :eek:

I watched the same show as CarpeDiem. Don't forget the TV remote control & telephone. You should see me in a hotel room these days!

Sorry...I was hesitant about commenting on this single portion but I just couldn't contain myself!

Ewwwww....... We are leaving on vacation soon.You can be I will be bringing the Lysol wipes.

I watched the same show as CarpeDiem. Don't forget the TV remote control & telephone. You should see me in a hotel room these days!

Sorry...I was hesitant about commenting on this single portion but I just couldn't contain myself!
ok i am very torn. i am glad i know this for the future but i think i am gonna be sick at the thought of my visits in the past.:sick:

Sleuthin & Sherri - check your pms:)

I am a mom and adore my children so it is with a heavy heart that I have to be honest and say I really don't think this little girl is coming home. She is only trouble to a dark underworld that does NOT want to be disturbed. Whether she was kidnapped for adoption or a much sadder fate she is much to great a risk to keep alive. I would do anything to be wrong but desperation is a force that can make even decent people do crazy things.

Jubie

I am so sorry that you have no hope that this will turn out ok, I along (hopefully) with others here are still optimistic that she will be back with her family...I am just wondering what makes you so full of gloom?
Peace

I am so sorry that you have no hope that this will turn out ok, I along (hopefully) with others here are still optimistic that she will be back with her family...I am just wondering what makes you so full of gloom?
Peace
I too am one of many who is hoping and praying for Madelaines safe return, until she is found dead or alive, she is alive in my mind and heart.

I used to be very critical of the parents (and still am somewhat), but was quite surprised by my reaction to seeing them interviewed on Greta last night.

They seem to be quite clueless about the nature of evil in the world. I wonder if they spent too much time in the books and not enough living?

Trying to stay angry with them after seeing them is like being angry at Forrest Gump.

What I don't get is how people are so naiive after living in a city like London where there are terrorist attacks/random bombings going back dozens of years (first IRA, now middle easterners)?

I can understand a couple being in their own protective thought bubble, but how is it the 9 other couples were sharing the same bubble?

I used to be very critical of the parents (and still am somewhat), but was quite surprised by my reaction to seeing them interviewed on Greta last night.

They seem to be quite clueless about the nature of evil in the world. I wonder if they spent too much time in the books and not enough living?

Trying to stay angry with them after seeing them is like being angry at Forrest Gump.

What I don't get is how people are so naiive after living in a city like London where there are terrorist attacks/random bombings going back dozens of years (first IRA, now middle easterners)?

I can understand a couple being in their own protective thought bubble, but how is it the 9 other couples were sharing the same bubble?

I got some of that same vibe...that they were just now aware of the issue of missing and abused children. Not sure if that was my misinterpretation, or if they are like many other parents in the world who just never think it can happen to them.

One thing I will say about living in London...although it has been years since I lived there...we were briefed on the crime and how to protect ourselves by the local police. It is interesting to me that in such a big city, the main crime they had to worry about (at that time, at least) were rampant pickpockets and the bombings. Not a whole lot in between, or at least, not like we think of in big US cities.

Just my impression/memory.

I saw Greta too. I'm a bit torn. They are likeable people. And seeing Kate constantly caressing Maddie's little stuffed animal rips your heart out. But, it's not like they were living in Utopia over in the UK either. Awful things happen to children there too, besides the little girl's kidnapped and murdered we've already talked about, there was little Jamie Bulger. That was a horrendous case that people all over the world knew about. And, it was recently in the news again when the perps were released.

I still find the McCann's selfish in a lot of respects about wanting their own time without making arrangements for adequate supervision for their children. If they weren't going to get a sitter, than here's a thought - don't go out!! And, this confuses me - they say they didn't want to leave the kid's with strangers (which shows knowledge of evil there and everywhere) but they were doing just that all week, each morning when they took all three of their children to the Kid's Club (day-care) at the resort.

What's the point of a family vacation when you're not spending the time as a family?

It amazes me also the number of people who are clueless as to what a dangerous world we live in. I was talkig with a guy a work and he was telling about how he used to let his son ride his bike a mile to the local grocery. I said, "That's how kids disappear" and he was shocked and said, "Oh, no, we live in a very rural area" and I explained to him that that made no difference. This is a 50+ year old man with two grown kids and he still has no idea of how dangerous that activity was then or would be now "in a rural area".

Some people, like my DH, choose to keep their head in the sand because the truth of what goes on is so horrible to them they can't stand to read, hear or think about it. DH and I never discuss cases, he says he'd rather believe those things don't happen. :waitasec:

I personally don't believe life in a bubble is safe but to some people ignorance truly is bliss. I know that since joining Websleuths, I've become a much more careful person and have passed that on to my kids, and DH when he will listen.

BTW, not to kick the parents when they're down, but Maddie's parents really were in a bubble to leave those kids unsupervised. But my prayers for them and Maddie for what they are going through.

I saw Gretta as well. I came away a bit confused by their affects. Neither made eye contact. The husband did the majority of the talking including answering questions from Gretta that were directed at Kate. I just don't really know what I think. As physicians they have seen a lot and I find it hard to believe that they are that naieve.

I have always thought their initial statement that they did not want to use a babysitter or sevice because they feared leaving their children with strangers a huge contridiction to the idea this couple was in a utopian bubble and unaware of the dangers of the world. I don't honestly believe they are involved with Their childs disspaerance but I believe 100% they have not been competantly ruled out as supsects.

mjak

I am really at a loss as to what happened to Maddie. I felt that the fathers behavior in the interview was a bit controlling. Would not answer questions such as what was the length of time from someone seeing Maddie to discovering she was missing. Also would not answer how the prep gained access to the room. Maybe I am wrong but how can answering those two question hinder the investigation?

What's the point of a family vacation when you're not spending the time as a family?

I don't get it either CD. When my kids were that age, my dh & I would periodically go on a vacation by ourselves and my mother would come from out of town to babysit.

When the kids got older we would all go together but we were together around the clock. We would eat dinner at 5-6pm and we would watch a movie when the kids went to bed. We never would have considered going out by ourselves - and we certainly wouldn't have trusted some (stranger) hotel babysitter.

I've said before I know professional couples these days who do go on family vacations and take their nanny with them - something else I would never have done because as you say "what's the point of a family vacation when you're not spending time as a family." BUT at least the children would have been minded around the clock.

I don't get it either. We have a group of families that we have vacationed with for years. Everything we do revolves around them. It is always a big time. We are up early and at the beach or pool together. Activities are such that some of the kids participate and some do something different depending on the age and interest of the children. They are always with adults and never left alone. Dinner is usually early and so is bed time because we start it all over the next day. I don't think any of us have ever wished we didn't bring them it was all part of the fun. We have been doing this for 12 years the kids are gowing up most are teenagers now and they have great memories!We have stayed in places where there was a kids club ect.... but none of us ever felt comfortable sending our kids there.

I don't get it either CD. When my kids were that age, my dh & I would periodically go on a vacation by ourselves and my mother would come from out of town to babysit.

When the kids got older we would all go together but we were together around the clock. We would eat dinner at 5-6pm and we would watch a movie when the kids went to bed. We never would have considered going out by ourselves - and we certainly wouldn't have trusted some (stranger) hotel babysitter.

I've said before I know professional couples these days who do go on family vacations and take their nanny with them - something else I would never have done because as you say "what's the point of a family vacation when you're not spending time as a family." BUT at least the children would have been minded around the clock.
Make it another person who doesn't get it. It makes no sense to take the kids if you don't want to spend time with them. Leave them at home or bring along a sitter, as you say. These people apparently have the money to do so.

I guess that they felt safe at the resort. However, a child of 3 or 4 can easily wake up, unlock the door to go looking for mommy or daddy. Even if a child doesn't do that, s/he can become very frightening to awake in a strange place with no parent there.

Of course, this is all water under the bridge as I feel certain that the parents would give anything to go back in time. I'm afraid that Maddy is lost forever. :(

I got some of that same vibe...that they were just now aware of the issue of missing and abused children. Not sure if that was my misinterpretation, or if they are like many other parents in the world who just never think it can happen to them.

One thing I will say about living in London...although it has been years since I lived there...we were briefed on the crime and how to protect ourselves by the local police. It is interesting to me that in such a big city, the main crime they had to worry about (at that time, at least) were rampant pickpockets and the bombings. Not a whole lot in between, or at least, not like we think of in big US cities.

Just my impression/memory.

We also lived in England for 3 years and it is a much different lifestyle than in the US. It was nothing to see a pram parked outside a store alone with a baby inside. I was scared to death to walk at night here in the US at all, and over there I was out late at night and never frightened. They just have a different lifestyle than we do. Working for doctors for years their vacations with their children are normally scheduled so the kids have things to do all day to keep them busy. The parents shopped, played golf and tennis. We must remember that for that size country they do not have nearly the crime rate we have. We have heard of a few cases, but we do not hear of missing and murdered children the way we do in the US on a daily basis. That is why Maddie is such a big deal, where over here she would just be another missing child and probably not much attention at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum