Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect - #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if the theory that CB carried her a short distance is not linked to the Tannerman sighting, would it still not make sense to carry her a short distance (looking like a father carrying his child from the creche) rather than straight into a car that later could be linked to the scene of the crime? JMO

It depends on whether the perp just went into to rob 5A
Maybe he parked his vehicle near to the main hub of bars etc as he expected to go back for a beer after robbing the apartment then left the apartment with more than he intended to go in for?
But then that, of course ONLY depends on the MS sighting being the perp imo.

A lot would depend on the purpose of the break in, and the planning IMO

Personally I doubt the vehicle would be far from the scene
There's a more discreet car parking area on the Dr Agostinho da Silve road (taking into account that it was there in 2007) compared to the one behind Apartment 5a. It looks on google maps (sorry can't link) to be about a 2-3 minute walk from the apartment.
And if I'm correct, on the route of where Tannerman was spotted.

It's the only 'reported' sighting unaccounted for yes.
MS had already seen the news regarding MM before he made a statement, so would have already had a good description of MM which may have influenced his statement and identification.
Memory is malleable and imo MS especially so, due to his GM identification.
It's possible on that evening it was someone walking down the street with another child, for instance a blond haired little boy in white pyjamas of a different age and that could explain why the person has never come forward imo.
It does not necessarily mean it was the perp if nobody has come forward.

That's a very good point. It could have been someone who didn't feel - for entirely valid reasons - that they fit the description of this sighting when it was made public, and therefore dismissed it and felt no obligation to come forward.

Last edited:
It's the only 'reported' sighting unaccounted for yes.
MS had already seen the news regarding MM before he made a statement, so would have already had a good description of MM which may have influenced his statement and identification.
Memory is malleable and imo MS especially so, due to his GM identification.
It's possible on that evening it was someone walking down the street with another child, for instance a blond haired little boy in white pyjamas of a different age and that could explain why the person has never come forward imo.
It does not necessarily mean it was the perp if nobody has come forward.
Yes he would have seen the news just as many people do which certainly coloured his expectations when GM and KM were under suspicion. But it cannot be denied that his family noticed a man carrying a child. They noticed enough to comment that she had bare feet. And to notice how she was carried.

Given how dark it would have been and given the fact they wouldn't have paid much attention as they'd assumed he was a parent - he gave a description that neither eliminates or condemns CB - which is as you would expect for what would be assumed to be an innocent encounter.

It could have been a boy but for the fact he had a granddaughter that age. I think that does make you more alert to similar.

At the moment there are no reports of CBs known vehicles in the vicinity during the relevant time frames. I would have expected them to be noticed. There don't seem to be any relevant vehicle sightings for that time frame.

MMs abduction was widely reported as was this sighting. Even if it had been a boy - surely someone would have come forward by now to say could have been them?

So I do think it is an important sighting. And probably be interesting to map where it was in relation to the appt and to where CB could have concealed his van ?
P.J. POLICE FILES: MARTIN SMITH & FAMILY STATEMENTS

There's a more discreet car parking area on the Dr Agostinho da Silve road (taking into account that it was there in 2007) compared to the one behind Apartment 5a. It looks on google maps (sorry can't link) to be about a 2-3 minute walk from the apartment.
And if I'm correct, on the route of where Tannerman was spotted.

But hasn't Tannerman been eliminated? I thought he'd been identified as someone picking his child up from the night creche?

Does anyone here remember Dutroux and the excavations at that time?
Just a short intro about my question regarding to this...
I was curious about possible DNA traces that might have been found in the murder of Carola Titze,but what I read is about an mobile home (white and beige) wich was seen in the area,days before CT was found murdered. I cant find any pictures of the mobile that has been mentioned in several articles and compare it to CBs know vehicles. CB had the van in 1999? If I am correct?

“The man recognized in the images about the excavations at Dutroux a mobile home of the murderer, which strongly resembles a mobile home he saw in De Haan at the time.’
Speurder linkt mobilhome van Dutroux aan Duitse zaak
Dutroux had several houses / places where to live/stay/hide. Sounds familiar?
Several places where he could do his dirty stuff.
He had several vehicles (sounds familiar?) and sold stolen cars. Changing number plates all the time (sounds familiar?)

Next to his house at Sars-la-Buissière there was (is?) a scrap yard. Sounds familiar? It is at this scrap yard that human remains were found of two girls (Julie and Melissa) and of Dutroux' companion Bernard.
According to Dutroux the girls had starved to death. I don't believe that.
Dutroux said that he killed Bernard because Bernard had failed to feed the girls in Dutroux' absence. But Dutroux' wife told police that Dutroux' killed Bernard over some theft. This sounds more plausible to me.

Perhaps the man in the news item about Carola Titze has seen images at Sars-la-Buissière. Images of the excavations in 1996.
Unfortunately I can't find any of those images! The only one is a photo here beneath.
Would be good to find that American mobile home!
1412847911_1.jpg

Devoir de mémoire

Yes he would have seen the news just as many people do which certainly coloured his expectations when GM and KM were under suspicion. But it cannot be denied that his family noticed a man carrying a child. They noticed enough to comment that she had bare feet. And to notice how she was carried.

Given how dark it would have been and given the fact they wouldn't have paid much attention as they'd assumed he was a parent - he gave a description that neither eliminates or condemns CB - which is as you would expect for what would be assumed to be an innocent encounter.

It could have been a boy but for the fact he had a granddaughter that age. I think that does make you more alert to similar.

At the moment there are no reports of CBs known vehicles in the vicinity during the relevant time frames. I would have expected them to be noticed. There don't seem to be any relevant vehicle sightings for that time frame.

MMs abduction was widely reported as was this sighting. Even if it had been a boy - surely someone would have come forward by now to say could have been them?

So I do think it is an important sighting. And probably be interesting to map where it was in relation to the appt and to where CB could have concealed his van ?
P.J. POLICE FILES: MARTIN SMITH & FAMILY STATEMENTS

I don't disagree with you and I've read all the witness statements.
All I'm trying to say is that this is ONLY 1 of 2 'possible' sightings hence the reason it was widely publicised - I'm not dismissing it, just questioning it and MS's apparent malleable memory and the fact that the description of the child may have been discussed beforehand, that's all.
Eyewitness testimonies can be more fallible and vulnerable to distortion than we like to think and I wouldn't want us to go down a rabbit hole just because of a difference of opinion.

Last edited:
I don't disagree with you and I've read all the witness statements.
All I'm trying to say is that this is ONLY 1 of 2 'possible' sightings hence the reason it was widely publicised - I'm not dismissing it, just questioning it and MS's apparent malleable memory and the fact that the description of the child may have been discussed beforehand, that's all.
Eyewitness testimonies can be more fallible and vulnerable to distortion than we like to think and I wouldn't want us to go down a rabbit hole just because of a difference of opinion.
I agree about memories being malleable and the description of the child. However none would commit to it being MM. That makes it more credible IMO

Given the rest of the evening is a complete blank in terms of sightings. Nothing seen at all

Let's not forget folks, that CB masturbated in broad daylight in a playground in front of children and adults!
Add in his other crimes and this suggests a high risk taker who has a deficit in decision making and poor impulse control.
IMO Risk would not have been a factor if CB is the perp, he would not have experienced 'danger' as an 'ordinary minded' person does so anything was possible that night.
It seems he is wired differently and we've gotta think what HE could have done not what WE think would have constituted a perfect abduction in our minds imo.
IMO the risk element heightens the experience for him, probably makes him feel more powerful as well as more sexually excited. Sorry if this offends anyone but I do think people with urges such as CB need such a rush to maximise their experience :(

A detail: IMO probably incorrect to assume the towing equipment was attached to a vehicle, IMO it was probably not on a vehicle but clamped in the workbench?
Do you not think that would have been a bit high, the car would be more manageable, if he was doing this vid for selling to people then I think the car would have been part of it all, some do IMO strangely have a car and mechanical fetish :eek:

IMO the risk element heightens the experience for him, probably makes him feel more powerful as well as more sexually excited. Sorry if this offends anyone but I do think people with urges such as CB need such a rush to maximise their experience :(

Yes, totally agree.

There is that too, but not everyone necessarily feels the need to help or get involved. Not because, in this case, they were hiding anything, more that eg. they knew they were carrying their own child home and had nothing to do with MM's disappearance, and just didn't want to become part of what so quickly became an international media circus.

I’m not necessarily disagreeing but just a few things to help clarify in my own mind.

If a car was used in close proximity to 5a, there is a risk that the car would be seen and be identifiable? Are there any statements or articles that mention a car in in the area during the abduction window?

If the car wasn’t in close proximity to 5a, MM had to be carried to it by foot. What is the optimal distance to have minimal risk of a traceable car being identified vs being seen carrying the child on foot?

The Smith sighting was 3-4 minutes via backstreets then no further sightings. Does this meet the requirement of “vehicle close by?”
And very very close to where SM lived, just saying x

But hasn't Tannerman been eliminated? I thought he'd been identified as someone picking his child up from the night creche?

JT is a classic example of a partially inaccurate and distorted witness statement, that took years to eliminate Tannerman.

Last edited:
Do you not think that would have been a bit high, the car would be more manageable, if he was doing this vid for selling to people then I think the car would have been part of it all, some do IMO strangely have a car and mechanical fetish :eek:

Do we need to settle in, pour a drink and play the Furey's again tonight Snow?
:D:D:D

I have been told that I cannot post Blogspot links. So: there is information about possible parking spaces and about the building near the OC in "Espacio Exterior" by Heriberto Janoch.
Posted June 11, 2020 - Possible parking places from Smith's sighting.
Posted Dec 29, 2016: A construction site less than a 15 min walking.
Posted on March 14, 2015: the Luztur building.

I'm waiting to the second part of Shinning In Luz's latest post about the dig at Seelze, which can be very interesting.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member