Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect - #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been told that I cannot post Blogspot links. So: there is information about possible parking spaces and about the building near the OC in "Espacio Exterior" by Heriberto Janoch.
Posted June 11, 2020 - Possible parking places from Smith's sighting.
Posted Dec 29, 2016: A construction site less than a 15 min walk away.
Posted on March 14, 2015: the Luztur building.

I'm waiting to the second part of Shinning In Luz's latest post about the dig at Seelze, which can be very interesting.

I didn't realise we couldn't post those links........oops.

I sorta got the impression after reading this a while ago, is that the perp could have initially gone to 5A to commit a theft and left with MM instead and the MS sighting could have been CB+MM walking to his vehicle that was parked near the centre of PDL.
Entirely possible imo, but I really don't understand why SO many years have elapsed if the MS sighting was indeed the perp.
ETA - That's not to say witnesses haven't come forward recently regarding a Westfalia parked in one of those streets back in 2007.

Last edited:
Do you not think that would have been a bit high, the car would be more manageable, if he was doing this vid for selling to people then I think the car would have been part of it all, some do IMO strangely have a car and mechanical fetish :eek:
Possible, but that leaves a question, why does the document mention a workbench? What does he do with that?

I didn't realise we couldn't post those links........oops.

I sorta got the impression after reading this a while ago, is that the perp could have initially gone to 5A to commit a theft and left with MM instead and the MS sighting could have been CB+MM walking to his vehicle that was parked near the centre of PDL.
Entirely possible imo, but I really don't understand why SO many years have elapsed if the MS sighting was indeed the perp.
ETA - That's not to say witnesses haven't come forward recently regarding a Westfalia parked in one of those streets back in 2007.

I agree.
And I wonder why a frustrated thief wouldn't carry a backpack on sightings.
In the case of the American lady, CB had a backpack. The suspect in the theft of 100,000 from the Portuguese ladies, too.

Last edited:
JT is a classic example of a partially inaccurate and distorted witness statement, that took years to eliminate Tannerman.

Why do you think it was a distorted witness statement? It was all in her own words. Or do you mean she was lying from the get-go?
Just trying to understand what you mean.

Yes he would have seen the news just as many people do which certainly coloured his expectations when GM and KM were under suspicion. But it cannot be denied that his family noticed a man carrying a child. They noticed enough to comment that she had bare feet. And to notice how she was carried.

Given how dark it would have been and given the fact they wouldn't have paid much attention as they'd assumed he was a parent - he gave a description that neither eliminates or condemns CB - which is as you would expect for what would be assumed to be an innocent encounter.

It could have been a boy but for the fact he had a granddaughter that age. I think that does make you more alert to similar.

At the moment there are no reports of CBs known vehicles in the vicinity during the relevant time frames. I would have expected them to be noticed. There don't seem to be any relevant vehicle sightings for that time frame.

MMs abduction was widely reported as was this sighting. Even if it had been a boy - surely someone would have come forward by now to say could have been them?

So I do think it is an important sighting. And probably be interesting to map where it was in relation to the appt and to where CB could have concealed his van ?
P.J. POLICE FILES: MARTIN SMITH & FAMILY STATEMENTS
The owner of the ‘Espacio Exterior’ blog has mentioned that this location (marked in red) in 2007, was an empty stand, possibly used by people owning camper vans. If MS and family did witness M’s abductor, he could have been heading to this spot. Imo.

Attachments

• 06D250EC-C7A7-443B-83EE-2286FF72C492.jpeg
    06D250EC-C7A7-443B-83EE-2286FF72C492.jpeg
    257.6 KB · Views: 37
I'm glad in a way that none of us/FF/CB have a clue what LE have, know or on the way to proving. It just means CB is sitting with no control, not able to even come up with any cover stories (if needed). He must be finding the lack of control and/or ability to plan very hard to handle if guilty.

I agree.
And I wonder why a frustrated thief wouldn't carry a backpack at eyewitness sightings.
In the case of the American lady, CB had a backpack. The suspect in the theft of 100,000 from the Portuguese ladies, too.

Carrying a rucksack to the American lady's house would make sense, in that he took 'gear' with him.
The perp in the 100k probably knew what he was collecting so would have needed a bag imo.
MS sighting doesn't mention a bag, which is why there's further need to question it imo.
If it was a planned abduction (no bag needed) and MS sighting was the perp, then there's no need to park so far imo -

Last edited:
I agree.
And I wonder why a frustrated thief wouldn't carry a backpack on sightings.
Yes and also in the attack against HB at Praia da Rocha, surely the perp must have had a rucksack to carry his sabre, whips, chains, and video camera, when he climbed from the ground to the balcony. In the sightings by MS, and by JT, there was no rucksack.

We know CB was a drug smuggler who worked out of Portugal and was known to make excursions into Spain .

Plus we have the picture of his VW at the Spanish Port of Malaga.

We also know he (claimed to be) good at concealing the drugs during transport

With that in mind I came across an interesting video by Canadian crime reporter known as "The Mob Reporter" who documents how smugglers transported cocaine from Costa Rica .... to the Ports in Portugal , and then overland to Madrid Spain .... concealed in Pineapples.

Not related to CB per say but gives us a glimpse of the drug trade in those areas.

Short video (1:54) and in some countries may require sign in to confirm age

If you pause this video at 9.43 the german document can be be seen.
It mentions a certain type of plug which I never knew existed, and the ball of a towing apparatus, and a workbench.

This is from google translate ..........

"partly naked or with black hold-up stockings during self-simulation with an anal plug and the ball head of a towing device and a workbench and other poses"

The owner of the ‘Espacio Exterior’ blog has mentioned that this location (marked in red) in 2007, was an empty stand, possibly used by people owning camper vans. If MS and family did witness M’s abductor, he could have been heading to this spot. Imo.
He is saying IMO that the dirt road starting near your red marker and extending west for a good distance, was sometimes used by campervans.

This is from google translate ..........

"partly naked or with black hold-up stockings during self-simulation with an anal plug and the ball head of a towing device and a workbench and other poses"
I wonder if elsewhere when tights are mentioned he was actually wearing these black suspenderless stockings???

Last edited:
But nobody is going to be expecting to walk past an abductor. The first thing you'd think was a parent.

In the dark faces are less easy to recall than campervans IMO.

The obvious place for a vehicle for that abduction would be the car park by the appts door and window. Yet none was reported in the immediate interviews.

Smithman is the only sighting unaccounted for as far as I'm. Aware

Sure. And no one will guess a car parked on the street is from an abductor in action. Same reasoning. Why bother? Smithsonian sighting is as valuable and vague as all other sightings that night and all are worth the same. Only interpretations differ and some are quite palatable. But assuming CB is perpetrator I prefer to analyze things prospectively under such assumption and not retrospectively trying to make irrelevant facts relevant. CB has nothing to do with PDL village and so he fled somewhere else. Then, he wouldn't park a car that far away just because no one would guess he was carrying an abducted child but it would be extremely suspicious to see a car on street.

Why do you think it was a distorted witness statement? It was all in her own words. Or do you mean she was lying from the get-go?
Just trying to understand what you mean.

In her WS JT said the man she saw was walking across the top of the road from {her} left to right direction.
Totman who was ID'd later, had picked his child up from the night creche and would have been walking in the opposite direction to which JT saw him that evening.
I don't believe JT was lying, but an example of how memory can be malleable. imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1