Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect - #18

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When was the fight with the next-door neighbour? Oliver, was it?

2016, when he returned to work in the villa he once, apparently, lived in with NF. Some reports said they lived together, some reports said he lived in a camper on the land.

ETA - Oliver wasn’t the next door neighbour. He was living in NF’s old villa. Didn’t make that clear above.

Last edited:
In the ITV programme about Christian and Madeleine; HCW said if they could prove the phone belonged to CB that night it pinged in the ocean club area on the night of the abduction that would be enough to charge CB. So IMO, they have photo/video evidence and if they can prove that a sex offender with an image/video of Madeline who has previously confessed he was the culprit and was in the area she was abducted (if they can prove it was his phone that pinged) that cannot be just a coincidence.

In the ITV programme about Christian and Madeleine; HCW said if they could prove the phone belonged to CB that night it pinged in the ocean club area on the night of the abduction that would be enough to charge CB. So IMO, they have photo/video evidence and if they can prove that a sex offender with an image/video of Madeline who has previously confessed he was the culprit and was in the area she was abducted (if they can prove it was his phone that pinged) that cannot be just a coincidence.

What programme is that, enjy?

In the Sextas RTP programme it said CB had jaw reconstruction surgery sometime after May 3rd 2007 and NF took him to the surgery, it was to fix his teeth/jaw.

Thanks.
So that would explain the stronger looking jawline in the later pics as opposed to the Malaga pic.
Not a huge operation, no scarring on the face, plates and screws behind the molars, inside of the mouth.

What programme is that, enjy?

Madeleine McCann hunt for the prime suspect.
Madeleine McCann: The Hunt for the Prime Suspect - Thursday 23 Jul 9pm

I’m on my phone so I can’t find the time stamp but tomorrow I will find it for you. HCW states if they can prove it was CB with the phone they assume was his that night of the abduction then they can charge him. Likely CB was talking to another paedophile (his potential accomplice?) and therefore the person who can prove it was CB will not come forward.

I think in the video/photographic evidence, if that’s what they have, is of MM dead unfortunately. Not of any abuse just MM perceived dead which they can predict she was most likely abused. The only thing they seem certain of if her death.
From what we have heard about how CB documents abuse - I believe they could have more than just an image of a body, unfortunately.

I’m on my phone so I can’t find the time stamp but tomorrow I will find it for you. HCW states if they can prove it was CB with the phone they assume was his that night of the abduction then they can charge him. Likely CB was talking to another paedophile (his potential accomplice?) and therefore the person who can prove it was CB will not come forward.

That thing asks for a login.

From what we have heard about how CB documents abuse - I believe they could have more than just an image of a body, unfortunately.
Agreed. If he recorded the death, I think it's likely he recorded the abuse too. And almost certainly they would both be on the same device/memory card/USB. The only way I could see LE obtaining one and not the other is if they've randomly discovered one from an external source like the dark web. Unlikely IMO.

I couldn't see that but from comments elsewhere it seems Herr Wolters needs the caller to confirm it was CB who answered the phone to put him at PDL in the evening of May 3, 2007. If that's all they need to charge him it's weird indeed.

That thing asks for a login.
Just click on 'sign up' and register an account with your email. It's free. I'd put a british address in as I'm not sure if it accepts overseas viewers, it may do though.

I couldn't see that but from comments elsewhere it seems Herr Wolters needs the caller to confirm it was CB who answered the phone to put him at PDL in the evening of May 3, 2007. If that's all they need to charge him it's weird indeed.

I will quote his exact words tomorrow from this interview but sadly I’m on my phone so can’t pinpoint right now. But HCW says the confirmation of CB owning that phone on the night of the abduction would lead to a charge. They need to prove that it was him in the area. IMO, that’s what links all the evidence together.

I will quote his exact words tomorrow from this interview but sadly I’m on my phone so can’t pinpoint right now. But HCW says the confirmation of CB owning that phone on the night of the abduction would lead to a charge. They need to prove that it was him in the area. IMO, that’s what links all the evidence together.
The 30-minute phone call police hope will finally solve Madeleine McCann mystery

Mr Wolters said: "This is of interest to us. The phone call made by the suspect could be between him and a member of staff who told him when to break into the McCanns’ apartment."

German police said they want to trace the person who called Brueckner before they interview the suspect in prison, The Sunday Times reports

They added there is no evidence the employee knew about Madeleine's kidnap in advance, but speaking to the person who made the phone call could help them understand what happened that night.

Mr Wolters said: "At the moment if we interview the suspect he could say, ‘My girlfriend had my phone that night and I didn’t have it’.

"The person he spoke to could put the phone in his hand [by confirming that it was definitely Brückner to whom he spoke], which would mean he was in the area at the time.

"This is the evidence we want before we issue an arrest warrant and then interview him for the murder. It would help the case against him — but we would also need more evidence

Just scrubbed through the ITV doc quickly there (only watched the HCW interviews and a whole lot of ads) :

At 29:00 - HCW talks about how the phone data was made available to German LE from British LE.

29:36 - States they looked at the phone number belonging to CB in May 2007 and by cross checking with phone data provided were able to find a match.
“So we know the phone we linked to the suspect was connected to the phone mast near the OC at the time. That’s why we think that our suspect was at the scene of the crime when it took place.” (HCW)

A journo driving through PdL then explains the mast is 1 minute downhill from OC resort.

38:25 : “We want the other person to come forward and tell us who they were talking to. The data only shows the phone was there, not who used it. That’s why the other person on the call would be so important to us. They could tell us who they spoke to, possibly our suspect. In that regard, it could lead to a conviction.” (HCW)

At 39:10, some other dude is talking about how if the person comes forward they would be incriminating themselves and could possibly face a 10 year prison sentence, so the chances of them coming forward is low.

Even a machine would translate eventuell as perhaps...

In due course and Possable, so only theory and not for certain, they have something IMO vid etc that sadly shows a child, MM? being subjected to something she would not recover from, terribilly heartbreaking

The 30-minute phone call police hope will finally solve Madeleine McCann mystery

Mr Wolters said: "This is of interest to us. The phone call made by the suspect could be between him and a member of staff who told him when to break into the McCanns’ apartment."

German police said they want to trace the person who called Brueckner before they interview the suspect in prison, The Sunday Times reports

They added there is no evidence the employee knew about Madeleine's kidnap in advance, but speaking to the person who made the phone call could help them understand what happened that night.

Mr Wolters said: "At the moment if we interview the suspect he could say, ‘My girlfriend had my phone that night and I didn’t have it’.

"The person he spoke to could put the phone in his hand [by confirming that it was definitely Brückner to whom he spoke], which would mean he was in the area at the time.

"This is the evidence we want before we issue an arrest warrant and then interview him for the murder. It would help the case against him — but we would also need more evidence

This is the source of confusion about the direction of the call, isn't it? First Wolters says 'The phone call made by the suspect', then it becomes 'the person who called Brueckner'.

Perhaps not vastly important, but it does affect the sort of narrative we can construct (eg CB calling somebody to psych himself up, or to make arrangements with an accomplice, vs somebody calling CB with information/instructions).

Wolters' suggestion (that it could have been an employee telling CB when to break in) sounds unlikely. That wouldn't take half an hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova