Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect - #20

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing is, CB is a known burglar who had a cache of stolen goods and various passports up in the rafters that his mates destroyed at his request. Any media footage that LE may now have, CB could say as an alibi that the footage is linked to a device that he had stolen at some point. As opposed to him having shot the footage. Whilst I personally have him guilty as sin at this point, am I prepared to give CB the benefit of any doubt regarding such an alibi?? Giving the amount of paedophiles, rapists, child murderers who were in and around PdL in 2007, there is reasonable doubt! What does intrigue me, is that somebody was able to accurately describe something related to the MM case to LE. - If this is something only the perp could know, then there can be no alibi. And charges ought to be pursued for this alone! Is this on it's own, not evidence? X

But they would have to eventually tell CB abd his lawyer if CB is charged. They haven't questioned him and this doesn't appear to be something they will do before charging him. So what difference would it make?
Well for starters, it gives the defence more time to come up with a story to fit around what the police know.

I don't really see the issue with this particular statement from HCW. It's common sense not to reveal their hand while they are not in a position to charge. Also, by telling what they know in a public setting, it could reveal certain sources and witnesses to their investigation since CB is likely to know who/where it came from. BKA have a duty of care to all the witnesses who have given them information on CB. The last thing they'd want is any key witnesses being tracked down and harrassed.

what
Well for starters, it gives the defence more time to come up with a story to fit around what the police know.

I don't really see the issue with this particular statement from HCW. It's common sense not to reveal their hand while they are not in a position to charge. Also, by telling what they know in a public setting, it could reveal certain sources and witnesses to their investigation since CB is likely to know who/where it came from. BKA have a duty of care to all the witnesses who have given them information on CB. The last thing they'd want is any key witnesses being tracked down and harrassed.
Why do BKA state that they know "how" but refuse to tell anyone what that "how" solution is? Wouldn't it be easier to simply not mention "how"?

Well what else can be the reason?

Revealing knowledge has to somehow impact on witnesses they need - e.g maybe causing them to destroy evidence?

Frankly I have always been sceptical of this "hampering the investigation" claim - because the suspect himself knows they thunk he did it, knows what evidence might exist, and is in no position to interfere.
I can't think of any other case where LEs have presented evidence outside of a trial. I don't know why it's expected.

IMO that pic has interesting content.

Angle: Camera on floor, so he seemed to make a selfie and has been alone.

Looking triumphantly, striking a "three" in the air. Third catch?

Trousers: The lower lighting indicates, they do not have to be black or seem to look brighter when enlightened.

Do we look at Tannerman on that pic maybe?

It also seems like a before/after shot, due to the post in the back and it should be from the footage that was discovered?
820aad4d-c452-41dd-ae41-a4bdd4ec28d2_w1380_r1.7016029593094943_fpx53.99_fpy49.94.jpg

Last edited:

Angle: Camera on floor, so he seemed to make a selfie.

Trousers: The lower lighting indicates, they do not have to be black or seem to look brighter when enlightened.

It also seems like a before/after shot, due to the post in the back and it should be from the footage that was discovered?
View attachment 268627
Yes we see the underside of the van therefore the camera is at the same level as his feet or lower.
Yet it appears to be an interactive photo (maybe waving goodbye to someone???) with camera IMO held by a person. Maybe the ground slopes down by about 2 meters from where he stands to where photographer stands?

Yes we see the underside of the van therefore the camera is at the same level as his feet or lower.
Yet it appears to be an interactive photo (maybe waving goodbye to someone???) with camera IMO held by a person. Maybe the ground slopes down by about 2 meters from where he stands to where photographer stands?

According to the appearence of the camera flash, i would bet on the camera position on ground floor level. Where is photographer4?

No, he ain't be waving IMO. Germans do not usually wave with three fingers. I see three fingers, the other two should be in front of his ball of hand. That's the way we germans order three beer or point out the third star on the national soccer team triumph....

According to the appearence of the camera flash, i would bet on the camera position on ground floor level. Where is photographer4?

No, he ain't be waving IMO. Germans do not usually wave with three fingers. I see three fingers, the other two should be in front of his ball of hand. That's the way we germans order three beer or point out the third star on the national soccer team triumph....
Yes, now I look at the daytime photo of the van in the exact same location. The daytime photo is photographed from normal level, not from low down, so there is probably no slope. And so now I agree: in the night photo the camera is possibly on/near the ground.

Angle: Camera on floor, so he seemed to make a selfie and has been alone.

View attachment 268627
The lower rear of jacket on left and right appears to have some white inside?

Yes, now I look at the daytime photo of the van in the exact same location. The daytime photo is photographed from normal level, not from low down, so there is probably no slope. And so now I agree: in the night photo the camera is possibly on/near the ground.

Yes. because the "before"-pic was taken by himself standing, the "after" pic was made from low level by self timer in a triumphantly pose. He was alone.

So why doing that?

If my theory turns out as true, there should be the kind of footage we all assume it exists.

Yes. because the "before"-pic was taken by himself standing, the "after" pic was made from low level by self timer in a triumphantly pose. He was alone.

So why doing that?

If my theory turns out as true, there should be the kind of footage we all assume it exists.
From mud/sand pattern on tyres can be seen the van has not moved between day photo and night photo. I do not know which photo comes first, but we can say the vehicle was at that same location for at least 6 hours??? (time to allow transition between the 2 states of illumination). Maybe this is a place where he is camping in the van?

But they would have to eventually tell CB abd his lawyer if CB is charged. They haven't questioned him and this doesn't appear to be something they will do before charging him. So what difference would it make?
I think a key statement by BKA to note is the statement which implies BKA believe there is other person/s with knowledge of what happened that night. I need to find the quote.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adr5879