Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But the publicity from the MM case must raise his profile amongst his fellow prisoners, doubt too much was known previously .
The rest of my post I think answers this point. He is the one who brought up the documentary's role in his exposure. He is the one who claims his fellow prisoners knew who he was from the beginning but that their attitude changed only after JR's documentary. This is a drama staged to support his allegations for defamation brought about by the documentary. Nothing more nothing less. CB has been 'exposed' as the prime suspect since 2020 - his fellow inmates all knew who he was (and he himself admits that) but CB complains that the documentary (which profiled him and showed the extent of his previous crimes) brought about this hostility. Nothing to do with the BKA, HCW or the MM case.

For what reason? He is currently serving a sentence for rape and all his previous convictions have been served.
As things stand he has no outstanding charges against him that would justify such action.

True but the German justice system failed to impose the required penalty for his crimes concerning ownership of the thousands of pictures and videos of child abuse because of some bureaucratic glitches. So even though one could say he has served his time for the crimes he committed, this is not entirely accurate since he was not charged for possession of those thousands of images found in the box factory because as far as i've understood in there there were images of the abuse of his gf's daughter and he could not be charged twice for the same crime.

But the publicity from the MM case must raise his profile amongst his fellow prisoners, doubt too much was known previously .

Wouldn't think so. Until his incarceration for rape, all his known crimes had been pretty minor and low key, judging by the sentences passed, so he would hardly have been a 'big man' within the criminal fraternity.

True but the German justice system failed to impose the required penalty for his crimes concerning ownership of the thousands of pictures and videos of child abuse because of some bureaucratic glitches. So even though one could say he has served his time for the crimes he committed, this is not entirely accurate since he was not charged for possession of those thousands of images found in the box factory because as far as i've understood in there there were images of the abuse of his gf's daughter and he could not be charged twice for the same crime.

i don't think possession of obscene images carries much a hefty sentence certainly not decades.

The rest of my post I think answers this point. He is the one who brought up the documentary's role in his exposure. He is the one who claims his fellow prisoners knew who he was from the beginning but that their attitude changed only after JR's documentary. This is a drama staged to support his allegations for defamation brought about by the documentary. Nothing more nothing less. CB has been 'exposed' as the prime suspect since 2020 - his fellow inmates all knew who he was (and he himself admits that) but CB complains that the documentary (which profiled him and showed the extent of his previous crimes) brought about this hostility. Nothing to do with the BKA, HCW or the MM case.
The reason behind the docu was CB supposed involvement in the disappearance, so what we know of his complaint about his prison is all because of the MM case.

The reason behind the docu was CB supposed involvement in the disappearance, so what we know of his complaint about his prison is all because of the MM case.
Yes but what he complained about in his lawsuit was that JR said he starved his two dogs and that HCW and the BKA had a strategy. nothing null about his involvement in the MM case

5 to 15 years for possessing, sharing and selling. Especially possession of tens of thousands of such images.

https://www.thelocal.com/20201022/g...sing-and-sharing-child-*advertiser censored*/

Interesting to learn that.
So not in force when he would have been sentenced, had he been sentenced.

Interesting to learn that.
So not in force when he would have been sentenced, had he been sentenced.
Irrelevant. This man deserves to be in prison for the foreseeable for the crimes he has committed. He is a dangerous and vile individual irrespective of his involvement in MM's case. I fully agree with others - job done, he is in solitary confinement for his own safety, i don't care if he has coffee creamer or felt tip pens.

Irrelevant. This man deserves to be in prison for the foreseeable for the crimes he has committed. He is a dangerous and vile individual irrespective of his involvement in MM's case. I fully agree with others - job done, he is in solitary confinement for his own safety, i don't care if he has coffee creamer or felt tip pens.
Absolutely, this man is a danger to any vulnerable person, a re offender and in my opinion not safe to be integrated back into society, if a dog attacks a child or anyone it is put down most of the time, they don't wait till it attacks several times before taking action, Prison and what comes with it is good enough for peados and rapists, prison after all is a punishment, not a holiday camp.

For what reason? He is currently serving a sentence for rape and all his previous convictions have been served.
As things stand he has no outstanding charges against him that would justify such action.
Point being, he has the right to safety. But regardless of his latest tantrum, I couldn’t care less is he was caged for the rest of his life. Same applies to every paedophile IMO. Obviously I fully understand that he’ll be punished in accordance to the crimes he’s committed. He’s clearly a very dangerous offender who’s highly unlikely to integrate back into society & not reoffend. He’ll serve his time, but I have absolutely no compassion for him. Him being the sole prime suspect in the McCann case shouldn’t influence anybody’s opinion on a paedophiles tantrum to the press

I'm not fan either. I just don't go along with the 'lock him up & throw away the key' concept.
If someone brutally rapes an elderly woman, and takes pictures and videos of young girls being sexually assaulted, and fantasizes about torturing little girls before killing them---and has a very large collection of illegal child *advertiser censored*---then locking him up and throwing away the key seems like a possible option, imo.

Contrary to what you might wish, civilised society punishes people for crimes they have committed, not crimes that they might commit sometime in the future.

Remains my ongoing problem where the state accuses people of crimes based on secret evidence and then nearly 2 years later - no charges.

And not just any crime - perhaps the most notorious child abduction/murder ever

He should be punished for the crimes he is actually convicted of.

Something that isn't mentioned here but I noticed in several other cases is that police "liaison" gets all over the family from the start. This has several functions. First they control statements and appeals. But also, they can carefully observe them as POI. Avoids the fiasco that we saw from the first days with this case.

Remains my ongoing problem where the state accuses people of crimes based on secret evidence and then nearly 2 years later - no charges.

And not just any crime - perhaps the most notorious child abduction/murder ever

He should be punished for the crimes he is actually convicted of.

It appears though that this is a moral / ethical problem and not a legal one you are having with this case.
For one, FF has not said a word about this / CB the same. This means that it was all done legally by the book and there is nothing to condemn here apart from raising some ethical issues.

Contrary to what you might wish, civilised society punishes people for crimes they have committed, not crimes that they might commit sometime in the future.
Well, this is not entirely accurate. 'Civilised society' gives heftier sentences for people who show no remorse and who have high chances of re-offending.

It appears though that this is a moral / ethical problem and not a legal one you are having with this case.
For one, FF has not said a word about this / CB the same. This means that it was all done legally by the book and there is nothing to condemn here apart from raising some ethical issues.

My issue is a legal/constitutional one.

For example, the principles of natural justice. In general I don't believe the state should be allowed to convict you in the court of public opinion, without you having notice of the case and the opportunity to answer it.

Many posters seem happy with it in the present case, because CB is an evil person. But what if something like this was done against someone who was actually innocent?

Especially I feel HCWs statement highlighted by @Anxala is unconstitutional, smearing a citizen with secret evidence.

You'd think CB guilty if you knew what HCW knew, yet somehow such evidence also does not prove guilt.

That is an obvious breach of natural justice in my opinion - but having received judicial permission to go public for the appeal, there appears to be little judicial oversight over what HCW has gone on to say in numerous interviews.

So we end up having to hope the prosecutors are just taking their time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CapeCodTodd