Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I need to go back and find information on this sighting as I am sure I remember way back in the beginning reading (albeit totally unconvinced) a man had came forward to say it was him carrying his daughter back from a nearby crèche.
But a while later so tricky to be correct with timings

Yeah so I’ve just read on Wikipedia that in October of 2013 - 6 years later - a man came forward to say oh that was me....

Hmmm ok.

Edited - he seemingly never voluntarily came forward he was actually contacted by police following information from the crèche as to who used the facilities that night. How that took 6 years to corroborate is the exact problem with this case. Precious time wasted.

Last edited:
Strange in the above article of ‘the scum’ they have a poster listing the evidence and within that is a man carrying a child seen at 9:15pm near the apartment. Isn’t this the sighting JT seen when going to check her kids? I thought this had been discounted as a man carrying his child from a nearby crèche, conflicting but it is the scum after all! I have always thought this was the abductor though. Total brazen. Fits CB character perfectly albeit the hair looks nothing like him. Did he have an accomplice, is this who he called 30 mins prior? Didn’t someone say they seen 2 men on a balcony adjacent to the apartment acting suspiciously. So many questions

Edited - e-fit hair could infact be a wig,
Ohhh.....Lego hair again.
So you've just called the paper the scum, but still you're led down a rabbit hole because an editor decided to dig out some sinister picture from their files to put in a prominent position.

IMO whatever photo they use has nothing to do with what anybody knows about the crime, they are just using it because...it works. They know what will get and keep people hooked on this case. It's like "See, I made you look!!". Cha-ching, the advertising rates just went up.

So you've just called the paper the scum, but still you're led down a rabbit hole because an editor decided to dig out some sinister picture from their files to put in a prominent position.

IMO whatever photo they use has nothing to do with what anybody knows about the crime, they are just using it because...it works. They know what will get and keep people hooked on this case. It's like "See, I made you look!!". Cha-ching, the advertising rates just went up.

Nice story

I think the Jayne Jensen sighting of the blonde men could be significant. There's been all manner of feeble links and stories in the tabloids but no real mention of this potentially key event. It's almost certain the Press and police would have approached her by now to ask if CB was one of the men she saw... I think the fact it isn't being mentioned anywhere could be telling.

The JT sighting of the creche man has always been challenged - even JT had said that if he had just collected his child then he was walking the wrong way

I think the Jayne Jensen sighting of the blonde men could be significant. There's been all manner of feeble links and stories in the tabloids but no real mention of this potentially key event. It's almost certain the Press and police would have approached her by now to ask if CB was one of the men she saw... I think the fact it isn't being mentioned anywhere could be telling.

This is true. I had never even heard of this sighting until recently and I have followed the case obsessively over the years.

Yeah so I’ve just read on Wikipedia that in October of 2013 - 6 years later - a man came forward to say oh that was me....

Hmmm ok.

Edited - he seemingly never voluntarily came forward he was actually contacted by police following information from the crèche as to who used the facilities that night. How that took 6 years to corroborate is the exact problem with this case. Precious time wasted.

To be fair, many witnesses were there on holiday so of course left during the course of the following week, meaning PJ had no access to them.

Meanwhile Tanner positively IDed Murat.

It is no surprise that the Met were in a much better position to finally chase this Tannerman down.

Met can access both creche man and the witness to finally resolve that issue. But that could not happen until Met was fully funded up under Grange.

Ok everyone let’s just forget crèche man and move on...

I am fairly sure that crèche man was discussed on British Crimewatch and they had ruled him out and even showed the clothes he was wearing.

I believe they tracked him down after 7 years from the creche records -

The JT sighting of the creche man has always been challenged - even JT had said that if he had just collected his child then he was walking the wrong way

Do you not think the Met will have checked in with JT before 100% ruling tannerman out on national television?

I mean surely that would have been the first thing they did when they found a guy who said it was him?

Logically JT must finally have realised that wandering dad was not in the street she placed him in, but instead was walking back from the creche.

For me that remains the biggest curiosity of the witness evidence, but I think we have to trust the Met are sure on that point.

Sorry if re post..
Madeleine McCann murder case: counselling for suspect Christian Brückner | News | The Times
''The convicted paedophile suspected of murdering Madeleine McCann is receiving counselling in prison while he is held in isolation to prevent other inmates attacking him.

Christian Brückner, who is serving a 21-month sentence for drug trafficking in Kiel, northern Germany, is being investigated over Madeleine’s abduction in May 2007.

Claus Christian Claussen, the justice minister of the northern state of Schleswig-Holstein, told a parliamentary hearing yesterday that Brückner, 43, has been placed in isolation so he can be “monitored more closely”.''

Scrap of material held in lab could prove link between Maddie and Christian B
''A TINY SCRAP of blue material held in the vaults of a Portuguese forensic lab could provide the vital link between German suspect Christian B and Madeleine McCann.

Cops hope that continuing advances in DNA testing may yet provide a full profile for comparison with the 43-year-old convicted paedophile and rapist.''

''The material comes from the bedspread draped over the bed Madeleine was sleeping on when she was abducted from her family’s holiday apartment.

Tests uncovered a microscopic a DNA profile initially identified as semen, but later confirmed to be saliva.

Scientists were unable to obtain a full DNA profile at the time but have continued to work on it with new testing techniques.

The sample is being held at the National Institute of Legal, Medical and Forensic Science, in Coimbra, near Lisbon.

Forensic tests have also been carried out on particles taken from the floor, sofa, walls and skirting board in the McCann’s apartment at the Ocean Village complex.''

True,
'Police examined claims that two blonde men speaking Dutch or German, were spotted on the balcony of a nearby apartment, just two doors from where the McCanns were staying.

Appeals for information about the two potential suspects were broadcast in the Netherlands and in Germany' - Telegraph 10 June 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayneDrop