Madeleine McCann: German Prisoner Identified as Suspect, #35

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! Extensive and targeted area. I think they knew exactly what they were after
The intelligence to search there came from a second hand source, Wolters said it never came from the suspect, so either CB told the informant, the informant knows because? or the spot had some kind of marker saying CB was here, other than that guesswork based on photographic or video evidence taken at the time but acted upon 16 yrs after the fact.

Maybe the «Correio da Manha» news of a 'relevant clue' that emerged during this search and led to police focusing on a specific area is a misunderstanding? Maybe this is confused with also reported 'certain tipoffs' which led to the new search at all.

Just looking back through the historical google earth satellite images and I noticed the trees in this area were far less dense back then. There is no image from 2007 unfortunately but there's one from 2006 and then it jumps to 2010. But you can see from both images that the area where they have now dug is basically where the tree line ended back then. The trees that are now in front of that area weren't there before. So it appears CB would have probably been able to have driven his van right up to this spot back in 2007.
One other thing I noticed in the 2010 satellite view is there appears to be a series of open holes dug out in that same area. The resolution isn't great so it's hard to tell but you can definitely see black circles that appear to be open holes. Somebody gone to dig something back up maybe?

My laptop is playing up atm so I can't post the pictures unfortunately. If you want to look for yourself just download Google Earth Pro on their website. It's free and you don't need to register or anything, you just need to download it on a laptop/desktop computer as it doesn't work on phones.

I don't think that is charred leaves - I think it is the raked off layer of dead leaves and twigs - it all looks quite grey because they are filming under shade (02c)
The upper soil in some areas close to the holes is clearly darker and has evidence of fire. These could be dead leaves as you say but they were placed just next to one of the holes.

As we understand it, he purchased it in Tomar on or around 3.5.07. He parked it at Villa Bianca where he showed it to DF in or around May 2007 (DF isn’t entirely sure when he was there). MT said it turned up in Orgiva end of May/early June 07. CB went on to Berlin/Augsburg/Sylt.

The confession to HB was at the March 2008 Orgiva festival (shortly after the MC Arcade dam search.)

Correct me if I’m wrong but I thought CB bought the Tiffin in the Spring of 2007 in Augsburg using AB computer to make the €18k purchase . DF thinks he saw CB in Foral in either April or May ( sure this must now be known particularly by DF himself as I’m sure his bank / credit card details would list flight, payments in Portugal etc

Last edited:
Correct me if I’m wrong but I thought CB bought the Tiffin in the Spring of 2007 in Augsburg using AB computer to make the €18k purchase . DF thinks he saw CB in Foral in either April or May ( sure this must now be known particularly by DF himself as I’m sure his bank / credit card details would list flight, payments in Portugal etc
I’ve not heard that but it’s possible. We only have NF’s word that he was in Tomar in 3/5 picking up the Allegro.

The intelligence to search there came from a second hand source, Wolters said it never came from the suspect, so either CB told the informant, the informant knows because? or the spot had some kind of marker saying CB was here, other than that guesswork based on photographic or video evidence taken at the time but acted upon 16 yrs after the fact.
With respect, I don't think guesswork is anywhere near the mark. What I watched was was a positively focused operation with a lot of driving force behind it.
My opinion. This was more of a confirmation than it was a search; these guys knew exactly what they were after and I will be very surprised if they didn't achieve their objective.

With respect, I don't think guesswork is anywhere near the mark. What I watched was was a positively focused operation with a lot of driving force behind it.
My opinion. This was more of a confirmation than it was a search; these guys knew exactly what they were after and I will be very surprised if they didn't achieve their objective.
So they'll be charging him soon I expect (... maybe)

(your man isn't going to be telling you or me or JC either probably what was found, if anything. The only evidence that matters is that which makes it into a courtroom. Everything else is just material for podcasts)

If anything relevant to the MM case was found, it wouldn’t have been released to Germany. It may relate to one of the other cases.

Camcorder? USB? Knife? Tights?

If anything relevant to the MM case was found, it wouldn’t have been released to Germany. It may relate to one of the other cases.

To be honest, that report is the biggest nonsense i've read in years!:eek:

Could be USBs I suppose. They've reported finding "plastic items" anyway... whatever that means.

Several items were removed from the site, although it is not known whether these are related to the investigation into Madeleine's disappearance.

They reportedly included a bra strap, pieces of clothing and plastic items.

I'm a bit sceptical of the claim in that Portuguese article from an unnamed "source" though. Saying that if they found anything relevant to MM they would not "released" it to Germany. How would they even know it was relevant to MM before it's even been examined? I'd have thought all terms on who would be processing the evidence would have been agreed prior to the search.

Could be USBs I suppose. They've reported finding "plastic items" anyway... whatever that means.

Several items were removed from the site, although it is not known whether these are related to the investigation into Madeleine's disappearance.

They reportedly included a bra strap, pieces of clothing and plastic items.

I'm a bit sceptical of the claim in that Portuguese article from an unnamed "source" though. Saying that if they found anything relevant to MM they would not "released" it to Germany. How would they even know it was relevant to MM before it's even been examined? I'd have thought all terms on who would be processing the evidence would have been agreed prior to the search.
I suppose a bra strap could be relevant to the Behan case - we don’t know many of the details in that case.

PJ was working in administrative assistance for the german authority called BKA.

Common european procedure based on common european laws. Everything that may have been found was found by the BKA in the end.

For example. The danish authorities didn't keep the body of Neys victim Dennis R., just because they found him in danish dunes.

It's pretty annoying, if newspapers write down this kind of crap instead of writing down, that they do have not a single further info about the investigation except the crumbs, officials are willing to throw at them.

<modsnip: Circumventing WS profanity filters>

Last edited by a moderator:
PJ was working in administrative assistance for the german authority called BKA.

Common european procedure based on common european laws. Everything that may have been found was found by the BKA in the end.

For example. The danish authorities didn't keep the body of Neys victim Dennis R., just because they found him in danish dunes.

It's pretty annoying, if newspapers write down this kind of crap instead of writing down, that they do have not a single further info about the investigation except the crumbs, officials are willing to throw at them.

<modsnip: Circumventing WS board profanity filters>
I think we know by now not to have any faith in PJ sources. I will wait to hear from the Germans.

I think we know by now not to have any faith in PJ sources. I will wait to hear from the Germans.
Everything that has been published in the media is nothing more than pure speculation. Nobody, not even parts of the PJ, would talk about confidential informations.

<off limits, off topic> The fact is, nobody knows if something was found and what it was in particular.

Please tell me! Barragem do Arade. A spot, pretty far away from the tourism hotspots.

Who brought the freezer to that secluded, small place on earth? And who used to dismantle that trash? And for what reason?

The common hippie-camper? I doubt it!

It does make sense to look for buried stuff imho.

After the 2006 MS-HB desaster at CB's home when he lost all his "goodies", he seemed to be a kind of drifter. Keeping all that stuff in the campervan or other cars could have been dangerous as well.

So what to do? It really makes sense in some way, to have a small hideout and to use the "big closet" underneath....
This is a very good point. CB buried his USBs in the box factory to keep them hidden. After he lost the farmhouse in 2006, he was living pretty much transient in Portugal for most of the time before he headed back to Germany around 2009. So if he had other secrets he wanted to hide prior to then, burying them in this place seems logical.

After seeing (what look like) dug out holes in the same area on the 2010 satellite view, it made me consider something. Some of the files found on the USBs in the box factory in 2016 were said to show CB filming things in Portugal including playgrounds. That would potentially mean some of the USBs date back to his time in Portugal. I wonder if one of the reasons for taking soil samples at that spot is to match it with soil remants found on the USBs discovered in Neuwegersleben?

Just to finish with some further wild specualtion... Is it possible that the "informant" is CBs former mate who knew he buried stuff here and before CB left for Germany he went there and dug everything back up? Or as much as he could find anway....?

Madeleine McCann search analysis 'will take several weeks'

Speaking to the BBC, Braunschweig prosecutor Hans Christian Wolters said the German-led investigation is ongoing out of the public eye and has included other searches.
He said: "We work continuously on this case but not everything we do is made public. We continuously investigate and interview.
"There are repeated searches, not all of them are in the eye of the public like this one was. Much of what we're doing you won't notice."
Commenting on the investigation, Mr Wolters said: "Nothing has changed with regard to our suspect in the last three years. We have found nothing in the last three years that would contradict our suspicion.
"We haven't found anything which would exonerate him. We've found nothing which would rule him out. We haven't yet disclosed all the evidence against him and we don't want to do that now.
"Of course, you can rightly assume that within the last three years various pieces of the puzzle were added but it's not the right time for us to publish that."
German authorities have previously declined to say what triggered the new search but said they were acting on the basis of "certain tips".

Please tell me! Barragem do Arade. A spot, pretty far away from the tourism hotspots.

Who brought the freezer to that secluded, small place on earth? And who used to dismantle that trash? And for what reason?

The common hippie-camper? I doubt it!
I doubt very much the reason for having a freezer up there was not to fly tip it. Must have been more accessible spots than that.

Did the police take it with them when they left? I don't know.

Would the searches have occurred if CB was not an arguido ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CapeCodTodd