Madeleine McCann: German Prisoner Identified as Suspect, #35

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
CB had the freedom of Europe and possibly beyond (when he wasn't under custodial sentence somewhere). But I think if any where was 'home' it was the Algarve. So I don't think it is extraordinary for friends to have seen him around and mention it.
So all other places would be of interest?

Still there isn't it? Ergo I think we can assume they think it unimportant.

I think we can also assume things from them allowing the journalists to traipse just wherever they wanted to (imo)
I didn't know it was still there, thank you for letting me know.

My assumption for the police allowing free access to the site is that they have finished their work there.
We'll just have to wait and see if they found anything to advance their investigation. My understanding is that we'll be informed if they haven't but they'll tell us nothing if they have.

I look forward to them telling us nothing.

but then, why are you looking for holes? something hidden in a hole would be filled-in.
is your thinking that something was buried in 05/2007 and then dug up at a later time (before 9/2010).
I was just speculating. I just happened to see the possible "holes" earlier when looking at the old satellite photo from 2010. And just the fact that CB was known to bury his stuff and the fact he left Portugal for Hanover around 2009(ish) I wondered if he might have dug his stuff back up from here to take back with him. Could that have also been why they dug the Hanover allotment up maybe?

I was just speculating. I just happened to see the possible "holes" earlier when looking at the old satellite photo from 2010. And just the fact that CB was known to bury his stuff and the fact he left Portugal for Hanover around 2009(ish) I wondered if he might have dug his stuff back up from here to take back with him. Could that have also been why they dug the Hanover allotment up maybe?
As has been pointed out earlier, this area was not exclusive to CB . Any 'anomalies' could be down to other people over the years.

it's not about his indentity, there's a statute of limitations in portugal, having an arguido seems to have circumvented it, so without it the case in portugal would have been at an end, so would any searches have happened if this were the case?
Thank you, I understand what you are saying now.

At the moment what happened at the Arade dam was a German initiative and there is precedent for German investigators to work Portuguese cases in relation to CB. DM for one and when the jurisdiction log jam moves that of HB and four others. I'm not sure if HB's alleged rape isn't beyond the statute of limitations. I think it may be.

My opinion. The searches would have proceeded whatever CB's legal status particularly since we have no idea why and for what they are looking. Might be nothing to do with MM and all to do with CB.

I'm not sure if this was brought up but according to an expert that helped with the recovery of Daniel Morcombe's remains and participated in the search for the possible remains of William Tyrrell, sadly a child's remains/bones would be broken down in such an enviroment over time.

but then as you pointed out, the area with the 'holes' was right where the police were looking, and those holes are of a size visible from a satellite. so police would have been standing in huge holes, rather than standing on flat land digging small exploratory holes. wouldn't they?

And just now a horrible thought came to me... that the geolocation data they mentioned could be from the camera found in the box factory where they could have found a photo of MM dead? (But without CB in it) and one of his 'friends' after many hours of interview remembered that CB spent time in the Arade?? Just a thought that could tie some of the speculations together...so all they needed was to make sure CB spent time there?

but then as you pointed out, the area with the 'holes' was right where the police were looking, and those holes are of a size visible from a satellite. so police would have been standing in huge holes, rather than standing on flat land digging small exploratory holes. wouldn't they?
The "holes" are gone on the later satellite pics from what I can see. Maybe someone filled them back in or they filled over naturally with the weather etc. I don't know, or maybe they just aren't holes at all.

I notice there's a single van parked on the bank nearby, maybe it's CB caught in the act mid digging. Wouldn't that be a stroke of luck for the satellite! ;)

Last edited:
So all other places would be of interest?
My opinion. If information received is found to be of interest when checked out, there is a decision to be made by investigators of what course of action to follow.

And just now a horrible thought came to me... that the geolocation data they mentioned could be from the camera found in the box factory where they could have found a photo of MM dead? (But without CB in it) and one of his 'friends' after many hours of interview remembered that CB spent time in the Arade?? Just a thought that could tie some of the speculations together...so all they needed was to make sure CB spent time there?

The prosecutors are convinced of poor little MM being dead. They should have reason, trying to pin somebody on it....

Sad but true!

I think that is a good theory. LE were observed looking at something on a device and seemed to be comparing it to where they were standing/searching.

Pure speculation but maybe CB's face is not on the theorized picture/video of MM but maybe his shoes are and that LE have them and will test the soil samples with said shoes. Some article I recently read mentioned soil on shoes.

but then, why are you looking for holes? something hidden in a hole would be filled-in.
is your thinking that something was buried in 05/2007 and then dug up at a later time (before 9/2010).

The satellite image indicates big holes, if they are holes. What the reason behind them might be, I haven't a clue.

It would depend to
I think that is a good theory. LE were observed looking at something on a device and seemed to be comparing it to where they were standing/searching.

Pure speculation but maybe CB's face is not on the theorized picture/video of MM but maybe his shoes are and that LE have them and will test the soil samples with said shoes. Some article I recently read mentioned soil on shoes.
its a great theory but I don’t imagine anything he had taken at that period would have been geotagged. For the rape he filmed it was reported to have been taken on a camcorder. That’s not to say that he didn’t transfer footage taken on various devices or images at a later date to his filthy usb stick.

Don't you think it's strange that these searches are concentrated around a dam like the mysterious note left on the door of 5a on the anniversary of the disappearance? It wasn't the same dam name, but there are plenty of other places to hide a body or clues...
I've also long been interested in MT the friend...remember the description of a blond hippy? Then the pensioner's testimony about two blond men. Also various recent testimonies indicate that he and the suspect went to a hippie village where in exchange for sex they offered drugs to young women. And finally, look at his friends: thieves, human traffickers, and when you look in his contacts there's even a man who displays an illustration of little girls holding a penis that they are pointing at another underage girl with her legs open... As for reporting the suspect, he said he didn't do it at the time because he "didn't like the police". I'm not saying he's a co-conspirator, but maybe he knows a little bit more…

Do you know for a fact that CB didn't call this place his "little paradise" though?

If you read Okapi's post, it is not Barragem do Arade that they are saying has the nickname "little paradise". It is a place called Quinta do Arade, which is a collection of 3 holiday homes near the dam. And it's not even a nickname really, they just claim that many of their guests have called it that.
It is such a distinctive moniker though. The Little Paradise.What are the odds that CB would dream up that same unusual saying as other random visitors in the area?

I agree with Anxala that the media is reviling in the suggestion of depravity. Whereas the nickname almost certainly originated elsewhere and for perfectly innocuous reasons.

Incidentally, Quinta do Arade has parking for camper vans.

Also, the area searched is being referred to as The Hippy Camp, and that is not just on the basis of CB hanging out there. It’s quite plausible that the van life people he knew and associated with would also be aware of the local nicknames for camping spots.

Apologies I can’t delete the double up post quote!
Do you know for a fact that CB didn't call this place his "little paradise" though?

If you read Okapi's post, it is not Barragem do Arade that they are saying has the nickname "little paradise". It is a place called Quinta do Arade, which is a collection of 3 holiday homes near the dam. And it's not even a nickname really, they just claim that many of their guests have called it that.

I wondered about that possibility too. A generic forest background behind MM now tallying with a witness account of CB being in the Arade area. It may build circumstantial evidence. Just speculation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CapeCodTodd