Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing that strikes me from the Spiegel TV video is that they said that one year after the police sent CB the letter to appear as witness, they raided his PC and found child *advertiser censored* as well as photos of children on Portuguese playgrounds. (German is my mother tongue)

The last part means that he clearly lurked around, observing children, probably looking for victims. Then, remember, we have all these witness accounts of people in PdL remembering a man that was observing appartment 5A....

Out of interest, since this was a PJ case initially, what happens if they decide to re-open their case in the event the German LE divulge sufficient strong evidence against CB to dicatate they should? Is there any precedent for this? A British victim, a German national as the suspect and a crime committed in Portugal. What would happen IF all LEs became informed of the full evidence, who has the priority to take him to court? I'm assuming Germany but as the case was initially PJ and committed in their country, would they be able to pull rank?

Out of interest, since this was a PJ case initially, what happens if they decide to re-open their case in the event the German LE divulge sufficient strong evidence against CB to dicatate they should? Is there any precedent for this? A British victim, a German national as the suspect and a crime committed in Portugal. What would happen IF all LEs became informed of the full evidence, who has the priority to take him to court? I'm assuming Germany but as the case was initially PJ and committed in their country, would they be able to pull rank?

Whoever will give him a life sentence no parole please (if guilty)

As I understand it, he would be tried in Germany and PJ would assist - e.g. if evidence needed to be located in Portugal. There is zero appetite for this trial in Portugal.

One thing that strikes me from the Spiegel TV video is that they said that one year after the police sent CB the letter to appear as witness, they raided his PC and found child *advertiser censored* as well as photos of children on Portuguese playgrounds. (German is my mother tongue)

The last part means that he clearly lurked around, observing children, probably looking for victims. Then, remember, we have all these witness accounts of people in PdL remembering a man that was observing appartment 5A....

My suspicion is they know this guy is a serial offender and likely he committed some more crimes in germany that they hope to get him for.

If this is really his first denial +

Kikixxxx's post:
"The friend says that CB told him about the letter he received from the police. He said that, while he did appear somewhat logically uncomfortable he did not look panicked or in any way acted like "oh ****, they're on to me". The friend says "I think CB said that he was there but had nothing to do with it and that was about it."

Hummm...
Maybe a surprise he's coming so early to deny any involvement? And I would expect "more panic" or even some "mockery" when he told his friend about the letter.
Ok, a speigel documentary, a friend...but honestly I would expect different reactions. Hope these are not bad signals.

This is so abject...his chaotic behavior, errant actions, drugs, alchool, "drunk presumption"...shouldn't he has left something ("easier" to find) that incriminates him in MM's case?

Noah Kruger, the chief prosecutor, said there was so far no evidence linking him to the case.
I wonder if it’s bad reporting. I can understand that they haven’t yet found evidence linking CB to Inga’s disappearance. But to say, “he’s been ruled out”, wouldn’t that require an airtight alibi for CB or a confession by someone else to committing the crime?

The Guardian has published a new podcast about the case. Just released this morning. 35 mins long (including an annoying ad at the beginnning of the podcast).

It says that despite all the investigations over 13 years, there are very few facts that have been established to be absolutely true ....

Last week, prosecutors in Germany held a press conference to update the media on a story that has gripped the world for over a decade. There was a new lead in the search for the missing British girl Madeleine McCann, who disappeared at the age of three in the Portuguese resort of Praia da Luz.

Guardian reporters Esther Addley and Sandra Laville have covered the story for 13 years, through the false leads, wrongly named suspects and a maelstrom of wild rumours, many focused on the girl’s devastated parents. They tell Rachel Humphreys what it was about this case that made it a national obsession – and what a resolution would mean.

After 13 years has the disappearance of Madeleine McCann been solved?

I can see this ending with no charge against CB and a big compensation pay out

I hope that I am wrong but it feels like the media have hyped this and there won’t be conclusive evidence for a trial

Kikixxxx's post:
"The friend says that CB told him about the letter he received from the police. He said that, while he did appear somewhat logically uncomfortable he did not look panicked or in any way acted like "oh ****, they're on to me". The friend says "I think CB said that he was there but had nothing to do with it and that was about it."

Hummm...
Maybe a surprise he's coming so early to deny any involvement? And I would expect "more panic" or even some "mockery" when he told his friend about the letter.
Ok, a speigel documentary, a friend...but honestly I would expect different reactions. Hope these are not bad signals.

This is so abject...his chaotic behavior, errant actions, drugs, alchool, "drunk presumption"...shouldn't he has left something ("easier" to find) that incriminates him in MM's case?

If he is psychopathic, then he would be pretty resilient under pressure, he may feel fear but wouldn't necessarily outwardly respond to a threat.

In almost every criminal case I know of, the Country where the crime took place would normally apply to have him extradited and face his charges there. In the UK, any past charges, convictictions and whatnot are allowed to be revealed in court as so not to sway the jury. Fair trial and all that. But given what the World already knows about CB, is it possible he could be tried fairly anywhere on the planet??.. Because some *advertiser censored**er will already be putting things in place in a bid to claim CB could never have a fair trial and this is why certain information should be withheld from public knowledge. . X

And this then fits with what I keep shouting about, about the Police needing to speak to the couple who were on Meridian news First week of September of same year Madeleine went missing as they had a man hanging around their Algarve holiday complex taking lots of photos and one Dad had a scuffle with him, demaned he remove photos of his daughter and then asked Reception to call Police, whilst the Dad hung onto this man, but Police arrived the next day. I'd like to know what this man's description was too. I'm pretty sure the family/Dad were from Kent.

Kikixxxx's post:

Hummm...

I don't think his reaction or lack of it tells us anything. He wanted to talk about the letter. He may have wanted to feel the control of being able to get the response from his friend that he wanted. He may have wanted to forewarn his friend that he was being investigated, to hear it from him first and demonstrate "he had nothing to hide". He may have wanted to start to gather support from those around him who he thought may hear about it or even be interviewed. It's all about control.

Last edited:
I hope the Germans really do have "concrete evidence" and it isn't just the media trying to sell more papers, or an over exuberant prosecutor (or whatever the equivalent is in Germany) trying to make a name for himself.

Every single thing about this entire situation seems to be a mystery wrapped inside a puzzle, inside an enigma, all neatly packaged up in a total clusterfuck.

And this then fits with what I keep shouting about, about the Police needing to speak to the couple who were on Meridian news First week of September of same year Madeleine went missing as they had a man hanging around their Algarve holiday complex taking lots of photos and one Dad had a scuffle with him, demaned he remove photos of his daughter and then asked Reception to call Police, whilst the Dad hung onto this man, but Police arrived the next day. I'd like to know what this man's description was too. I'm pretty sure the family/Dad were from Kent.

Hopefully they have come forward recently and have not been put at the bottom of the list to do a statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steck1