Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It changed hands on May 4, 2007. This is an official fact not dependent upon witnesses. Knowing where was the car before and after it's more cumbersome.

BTW, I've never heard of taking a registration as "a favor" as Mr. AB said.
I think maybe you move in different circles, it’s above and beyond within my friendship group too! o_O

I’m intrigued by the fact he says that he expected CB to be arrested shortly after his interview with the Police. I think that suggests there is far more evidence on CB than the German police are currently divulging.

GA was a chief-official at the time, inspected every detail in the apartment and reached that conclusion. What else?

I'm not sure what he was talking about, but seems to be spot on underpane if you say that's what Germany is requesting.

If lab gave that result, what else? DNA is from a male, but he can be a baby, of course.
The lab result from the PJ case files state that the biological material found on the cloth fragment from the bed in the children's room closest to the window came from a male baby, CG, approx. 2 years and 3 months, whose family stayed in apartment 5A the week before Madeleine's family arrived.

09-Processos Vol IX Page 2422-2439
FIRST INML REPORT 9 JULY 2007

NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF LEGAL MEDICINE
GENETIC AND BIOLOGICAL FORENSIC SERVICES
Processo no. 2007/000268/P-B
Processo no. 2007/000244/CR-B
Processo no. 2007/000226/LX-BC
IDENTIFICATION OF BIOLOGICAL TRACES AND COMPARATIVE STUDY WITH REFERENCE SAMPLES
2-Nature of the sample
Acid Phosphatase Test to detect semen on the small spot on the cloth fragment in envelope no. 5 recovered from the bedspread of the bed next to the window of the children's bedroom.
2-Nature of the sample
Acid Phosphatase Test to detect semen on the small spot on the cloth fragment in envelope no. 5 recovered from the bedspread of the bed next to the window of the children's bedroom: Weakly positive.

P.J. POLICE FILES: JOHN ROBERT LOWE F.S.S REPORT
(This bit is at the very bottom of the page)
08-Cartas Rogatorias Vol 8 Pages 5 - 7
Carta Rogatoria-Home OfficeIV.pdf
FSS - Forensic Science Service Ltd
I conclude further that, the DNA profiles obtained from the 'crime stain 1' and 286A/2007/CRL9A & B coincide with CG (bar code 51156964). I believe that CG was born on 29 January 2005, and if this is the case, in my opinion, the DNA profile obtained in 'crime stain 1' is not the result of semen found on the blanket.

P.J. POLICE FILES: PJ FINAL REPORT
pages 49 and 50
Still within the area of collection, treatment and analysis of residues, the identification of a stain on the cover of one of the beds in MADELEINE’s bedroom (not the one she slept in), which raised some suspicions, should be pointed out.
Duly analyzed, the stain configured a biological residue (saliva) that belonged to a child – CG – that had been on holidays, earlier and with his parents, in the same apartment.

<ADMIN NOTE: Minor child's name changed to initials. Please always change a minor child's name to initials only unless it is the victim in this case.>

Last edited by a moderator:
So, a few other interesting details to perhaps take on the Mirror's article from MT.

Madeleine McCann suspect's best friend believes he abducted her and sold her

Mr Tatschl claimed that while they were in jail, Brueckner got a pal to clear his home of the alleged stolen loot.

He claimed: “He ordered a friend to get rid of any evidence of burglaries or robberies. But this guy and another friend ended up robbing the house and took all the valuables and money.

So it would appear the robbery of the camera did take place while both CB amd MT were locked up.

“They also got a video camera from the house, which was how I found out he was a sick b*****d.

"On that camera was a video of him raping an old woman. It was of this elderly lady who was chained to a wooden post and she was being beaten and raped.

It is not believed that the woman in the video was the American pensioner Brueckner was later convicted of raping and is currently serving jail time for in Germany.

Ok, so this would appear to imply a different victim, not linked to the 72yr old in Praia de Luz. (Wonder if she had a British accent?)

Mr Tatschl said: “I think that confused the police as they were not sure where he was living exactly when Maddie vanished. But he had his van and was living free.”

So, following his departure from the farmhouse, futher confirmation that CB was destitute and living in his van.

Mr Tatschl moved to the hippy enclave of Orgiva in Andalusia, Spain, in April 2007, weeks before Madeleine, three, vanished on May 3.

He said Brueckner turned up in “late May or early June” driving a Tiffin Allegro winnebago.

So, appears CB did have the Allegro in 2007. Earlier reports in the Sun and Mirror say he didn't buy it until 2010 which confilcted with DF's assertion he saw it in 2007. Also places CB in Spain in the weeks following the abduction. Weirdly MT doesn't explain why CB came looking for him in Spain.

Last edited:
There was a million-pound reward back in 2007. If any of CB's criminal web friends suspected him they would talk.
This is what makes me cautious about the whole story. IMO he knows what happened but I am not sure whether to believe it was him who committed this crime.

I have read many articles and research papers that say that rewards (in this kind of situation) don't usually work. We would think they would, but they don't.

In the William Tyrrell case - which reminds me so much of Madeleine's case - a million dollar reward is on the table AND indemnity from prosecution for anyone who knows what happened. The police seem convinced (for reasons unknown to us) that someone else knows. Six years have gone by, and the reward is still sitting there ..... waiting.

Last edited:
Wonder if any links to CB... 2013?

A spokesman for Greater Manchester Police said in a statement: “A man was arrested in September on suspicion of possession of drugs and conspiracy to distribute indecent images of children. He has been bailed pending further inquiries. An investigation is ongoing into this matter and it would be inappropriate to comment further at this time.”

Madeleine McCann suspect's best friend believes he abducted her and sold her

“Mr Tatschl moved to the hippy enclave of Orgiva in Andalusia, Spain, in April 2007, weeks before Madeleine, three, vanished on May 3.

He said Brueckner turned up in “late May or early June” driving a Tiffin Allegro winnebago. It was in this vehicle that police found a stash of girls’ swimming costumes in 2016.

Brueckner also allegedly bragged he could hide “drugs and children” inside the 30ft-long van.

Mr Tatschl said: “He parked it up in Orgiva and came looking for me.”

... Can anyone refresh my memory about the alleged sighting by a lady at a diner in Spain of MM getting into a camper??

The Sun's article is pretty consistet with the Mirror one but does contain this additional piece -

He aimed to steal as much money as he could until he reached his dream of having a million euros.

“But the German guy and his friend took everything.

“I came back to Praia da Luz in about February 2007 and found Christian camping wild near the town.

“He was going to raves and I think selling drugs. I stuck around for a bit and then went back to Spain.”

Couple of things to perhaps infer from this. One, he was expecting to come out of prison with his loot intact. Now it is all gone, does he now become desperate?

Second, CB was camping wild back in Feb 2007. Reported that he wasn't kicked out of the farmhouse until April 2007 in some articles though... He was released from prison in Dec 2016 and if the loot and video camera was taken from the farmhouse then, he must have still been a tenant, or is it the pending eviction which made him get an acquaintance to move what was in there before someone else found it?

ETA: MT seemed to indicate CB was interested in MT's cannabis connections. Possibly why he sought out MT. We know CB was drying out cannabis on the roof of AB's house in Germany around this time too.

whether or not the balcony door was open depends on which version of Gerrys evidence you accept

It was clear from the evidence of one of the other detectives at Lisbon that they dont trust the tapas timeline at all. In fact they were scathing about it

So I believe that is why he says that.

Kate has always said she went in via the patio doors. Gerry on the other hand said in his first statement May 4th, that he and Kate both did their checks on the children entering the front door using their room key. Gerry said Matt entered via the unlocked patio doors on his check. Kate gave her first statement on May 4th approximately 3 hours after Gerry's statement. Kate said she checked the children going in through the patio doors and she said Matt did the same when he checked.

Wonder if any links to CB... 2013?

A spokesman for Greater Manchester Police said in a statement: “A man was arrested in September on suspicion of possession of drugs and conspiracy to distribute indecent images of children. He has been bailed pending further inquiries. An investigation is ongoing into this matter and it would be inappropriate to comment further at this time.

Was there ever any follow up to this reported on?!

So wait, if this video of the rape of an old lady, that was on the camera which CB’s friend stole from his house, if that wasn’t the 72yr old - Then it must of been the guy in the bar in 2017 who said CB showed him a video of him raping an older lady, that must of been the 72year olds rape? He must be the witness who went to court and described that particular video in detail....Which means what he told him about Madeline was likely to be true too? That’s probably why the police know how and when she was killed, they just don’t know where? wouldn’t this guy of asked CB where he burried her though?

I hope this makes sense im half asleep

So wait, if this video of the rape of an old lady, that was on the camera which CB’s friend stole from his house, if that wasn’t the 72yr old - Then it must of been the guy in the bar in 2017 who said CB showed him a video of him raping an older lady, that must of been the 72year olds rape? He must be the witness who went to court and described that particular video in detail....Which means what he told him about Madeline was likely to be true too? That’s probably why the police know how and when she was killed, they just don’t know where? wouldn’t this guy of asked CB where he burried her though?

It does!
I think it’s been reported on that it was the 72 year old the friend in the bar had been shown, and that’s what made them run the hair found at the scene against CB. And I said the exact same thing as you a few days ago! That must be why they’re taking what this friend said about MM so seriously.
It would of course make sense for him to ask where he buried her. Unless of course this guy was given the same line about pigs and bodies as the kiosk employees :(

CB sounds as though he felt he was invincible to getting caught for stuff... my heads spent. Na night xx

Tom said:”He was a funny guy, not in a comedy way but weird, he would talk about Portugal and how much fun he had there and how he loved living there as he was popular with women.“He told us us had a criminal past and that had been busted for drugs and he said he would use his camper van to take drugs from Spain and Portugal back to Germany. He always said the police were too stupid to catch him.
Christian B left Portugal days after Maddie disappearance to set up drugs network

He probably didn't unfortunately otherwise they would have been conducting an excavation you'd have thought. He may have given clues to it though. Told him how she died maybe and what he did with the body.

That's why I thought the appeal for details of room interiors may have been inportant. If he indicated to the guy that she was buried nearby the crime scene they would maybe be able to pinpoint an area for a search.

One thing that does come to mind when you read between the lines of all these stories is that German LE still think it's possible to recover a body. Implies they do know what happened there and the body can be found.

Last edited:
It does!
I think it’s been reported on that it was the 72 year old the friend in the bar had been shown, and that’s what made them run the hair found at the scene against CB. And I said the exact same thing as you a few days ago! That must be why they’re taking what this friend said about MM so seriously.
It would of course make sense for him to ask where he buried her. Unless of course this guy was given the same line about pigs and bodies as the kiosk employees :(

Sadly it's possible the phrase "concrete evidence" is a clue and a plea to others who may know something about such. I keep hearing that phrase over and over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CapeCodTodd