Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just out of curiosity, is there some way to set this screen where it will refresh on it's own without me having to remember to do it every 5 minutes ??

ITA.
I don't find anything suspicious/nefarious about the pilot deleting files/logs. Why keep logs from previous simulations? It's just going to take up unnecessary space and slow everything down.

This post is probably going to be out of place since I'm in the process of catching up!

Exactly, keeping old logs limits the ability to keep playing. I can't imagine why that would be suspicious, everyone knows deleted means nothing. It does free up space and speeds up the computer though.

Just out of curiosity, is there some way to set this screen where it will refresh on it's own without me having to remember to do it every 5 minutes ??

The depends:

1. Do you have Windows or Mac?
2. What operating system?
3. What web browser?

Just press ctrl-R on your keyboard and that will refresh easier.

The depends:

1. Do you have Windows or Mac?
2. What operating system?
3. What web browser?

Just press ctrl-R on your keyboard and that will refresh easier.

Windows Vista

Google chrome browser (also have IE explorer)

Not that I'm aware of

Another uneducated and worthless observation about airplanes.

The colors are not good for finding crashed planes. Silver or white mostly, maybe some blue, then the flag colors. These are not even most helpful on land searches, but impossible on air or satellite searches. Guess everyone knows black would just be silly.

Anyone know why the silver, white and blue are the predominant colors? Is it for planes to see each other? Night visuals? Shouldn't they mostly be colors that do not correspond with nature, like dark water, shiny reflections, snow, mountainous rocks?

There is an entire pallet of colors available via mixing paint. Does that weaken the paint in any way?

I am guessing the lack of guesses today on locations means actual location(s) being searched and any bits found verified?

There used to be this Canadian airline called Zip Air (or something like that) and their planes were neon green and neon pink!

There used to be this Canadian airline called Zip Air (or something like that) and their planes were neon green and neon pink!

Do you mean the small commuter planes out of Toronto? Zip and Jazz?

Since the plane went missing while flying from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, to Beijing, and CNN began nearly wall-to-wall coverage, its prime-time ratings have jumped 68 per cent over the year's average, even more among younger viewers that advertisers are keen to reach, the Nielsen company said.

Twice last week, Cooper's show more than doubled its typical audience.

Seventeen of the 20 most popular articles on the BBC's website last week were about the plane, making it one of the biggest traffic-generators on the British news organisation's site since the Japanese tsunami in 2011.

The number of Twitter messages about the plane peaked at nearly 1 million per day shortly after it went missing, with daily tweets in the 200,000 to 400,000 range much of last week, the social media site said.

It's a macabre story but still fascinating," said former NBC News aviation correspondent Robert Hager, who retired in 2004 yet was called in by the network to help when he was vacationing in Alaska.

http://nz.entertainment.yahoo.com/news/article/-/22070909/missing-plane-a-made-for-tv-mystery/

Malaysia gives India new search area. South in Indian Ocean. Per CNN

Uh-oh, Breaking News on CNN----they think the new search area should inlcude the indian ocean. The same place the US Navy has been searching for the last week.

All-righty then...........................

In searching for possible flights that might encounter MH370, I realized that western Flight 68 out of Singapore could cross paths.

Track Singapore Airlines Flight 68. It flew over the Bay of Bengal and from there proceeded across India, Pakistan, Afghanistan...ending in Barcelona.

This is where the pilot of MH370 shadowed Flight 68 for up to 6-8 hours, without radar detection, into one of the aforementioned countries. That 777 will be found in another country.

OMO

My friends and readers have been asking me what happened to MH370 since I am an airline pilot with more than 25 years of seniority; and I also write for Airways magazine and wrote a memoir 13,760 Feet—My Personal Hole in the Sky that addresses life through a major airline tragedy (TWA Flight 800 and the loss of my fiancée Susanne).
So where does this leave us? In a heap of danger, that’s where. Until we actually KNOW what happened to MH370, we need to BE PREPARED for what can happen next. It seems that there is a lot of speculation and hindsight in the media, and not enough looking ahead. When that 777 re-appears on radar or a satellite display, there won’t be much time to think about what to do. Either the world’s military acts immediately, or terrorists have an opportunity to ratchet up their level of destruction to previously unimagined levels.

The more details that become available, the better the possible picture comes into focus—and it scares me. So I share this guess with you all because we (the world) cannot get caught with our pants down again.

I wouldn’t have thought that a widebody aircraft could fly up to seven hours undetected by radar or satellites, but now it appears that it has—at least as much as any government is admitting. There wasn’t a system malfunction on the Boeing 777 that prevented communication, or we’d know that by now. I don’t think there was a mid-air explosion or ditching or crash, or we’d know that by now too. Even the Malaysian government has finally admitted that this was a case of foul play—a hijacking.

http://airchive.com/blog/2014/03/17/op-ed-high-alert-until-mh370-is-found/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member