Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly. It was probably an innocent phone call.
Maybe he made them on every flight.

My husband usually calls me at least 4 times before he flies anywhere. Even when he goes to a training area that is out of phone reception he will call just to make sure we are all fine before he has no reception. Even if I have spoken to him that morning and again an hour before.

RBBM, Forensics. If it takes 4 hours to get there, I don't understand why they are sending the last two out so late. The Navy P8 Poseidon wouldn't even reach the search area until 8pm ~ well after dark.

Anyone?
I understand that the Navy P8 Poseidon has radar, infrared and night vision cameras so, by staggering departure times, they have a much longer search period.

Good point.... :)

However...

This does indicate there was cell phone coverage in the plane at some time during this event...

Possibly there was coverage from the airport itself for a distance...,but dwindled as it became further away as the flight progressed....

It has been reported there could not be cell phone coverage in the plane at 30,000 ft. Elevation... However... The flight started at ground level... And obviously was not at 30,000 (plus or minus) feet elevation at all times...

Therefore...I am still puzzled why there have been no reports at all, of cell contact between these passengers and relatives/friends/etc. ...

I am leaning towards cell coverage blocked by nefarious sources...

JMO
But wasn't it before the flight? So he could have been still in the airport? or in the cockpit waiting for clearance to move? Do you get phone reception at the airport?

Good point.... :)

However...

This does indicate there was cell phone coverage in the plane at some time during this event...

Possibly there was coverage from the airport itself for a distance...,but dwindled as it became further away as the flight progressed....

It has been reported there could not be cell phone coverage in the plane at 30,000 ft. Elevation... However... The flight started at ground level... And obviously was not at 30,000 (plus or minus) feet elevation at all times...

Therefore...I am still puzzled why there have been no reports at all, of cell contact between these passengers and relatives/friends/etc. ...

I am leaning towards cell coverage blocked by nefarious sources...

JMO

The pilot was still on the ground when the phone call was placed:

The pilot of the missing Malaysian Airlines plane made a mystery phone call just minutes before flight MH370 took off from Kuala Lumpur, it emerged on Thursday night.

http://www.straitstimes.com/breakin...-call-cockpit-just-plane-took-report-20140320

But wasn't it before the flight? So he could have been still in the airport? or in the cockpit waiting for clearance to move? Do you get phone reception at the airport?

It was before the plane took off. So yeah....could have been in the airport or he was in the plane on the runway.

You can get reception in the airport.

Cell phones work when the plane is on the ground.
Then the plane is going to take off and they ask everyone to turn off their cellphone so it does not interfere with the takeoff. (Transmissions from plane to ATC) Likely if you were a naughty passenger who did not care about your own safety and that of others on the plane you could continue on with a phone conversation for a while.
Eventually the plane is going to reach a height that is not covered by the cell towers that are allowing you to communicate while on the ground.
There are other, satellite based communications systems. But the plane has to be set up for them and this plane was not set up for passenger cell phones or passenger wifi.

Exactly. It was probably an innocent phone call.
Maybe he made them on every flight.

While I believe every area of possibility should be explored, there appears to be a lot of focus on a man who had been an airline captain for many years, had an impeccable record (from what has been said of him) however is now being considered through speculation to have purposefully committed an act of terrorism by downing a plane carrying over 200 passengers and crew. He is being put in a worse light than the captain of the ill-fated Titanic.

:(

MOO

yes, he made the call before takeoff and it is being reported he was in the cockpit .at that time...the cellphone records will have the time the call was placed
.we have cell coverage on the ground..
as long as your cellphone can connect to a cell tower you have coverage..

While I believe every area of possibility should be explored, there appears to be a lot of focus on a man who had been an airline captain for many years, had an impeccable record (from what has been said of him) however is now being considered through speculation to have purposefully committed an act of terrorism by downing a plane carrying over 200 passengers and crew. He is being put in a worse light than the captain of the ill-fated Titanic.

MOO

I know, but I'm just not quite ready to suspect him of anything yet.

Interesting article about the DigitalGlobe satellite.

http://m.theage.com.au/technology/t...sia-airlines-flight-mh370-20140321-3575p.html

DigitalGlobe confirmed on Friday that it was the one who provided the Australian Maritime Safety Authority (AMSA) with the satellite images that were captured on March 16, showing the two objects in the Indian Ocean.

A DigitalGlobe spokesmen declined to comment on whether the debris were spotted by DigitalGlobe's own analysts, government analysts.

It couldn't have been discovered by internet users participating in a "crowdsourcing" effort launched by the company to help locate the plane though, as the Australian search area has not yet been uploaded to the site, called Tomnod and operated by DigitalGlobe.

Praying something is found before impending weather:please: These poor folks waiting and waiting.......Miracles do happen :please:

CCTVNEWS ‏@cctvnews 12s https://twitter.com/cctvnews

Missing #MH370 brings back memories of 1997 #MalaysiaAirlines crash, which killed 100 people. @barnabychuck [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M20HsX1zWNU&list=UUgrNz-aDmcr2uuto8_DL2jg"]Missing airliner brings back memories of 1977 crash - YouTube[/ame] …

I know, but I'm just not quite ready to suspect him of anything yet.

Neither am I without definitive proof. I was basically referring to some media headlines, regarding his flight simulator, political views, and now his "mystery" phone call.

MOO

IF the captain was in on whatever took place to cause this plane to go missing, I do not see his last minute phone call to be an answer to our questions. Too much planing went into this for him to make that mistake. IMO.

Malaysian officials have been slow and deliberate in what they release. At times, I have wondered if they did not want the plane located! MOO

As frustrated as we become with the tidbits of information, retractions, etc., just imagine if you had a loved one on that plane! The tension has to be immense among the relatives gathered. Let's hope this sighting of 'parts' was not just a spoof to calm them down for a few days. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hernak