Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Malaysians have kept American investigators at a distance since the plane vanished on March 8, angering some lawmakers in Washington who believe that the F.B.I. should have been playing a larger role from the beginning. A small team of F.B.I. agents in Malaysia has received briefings on the investigation, but it has not been asked to help.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/23/w...es-a-vanished-jet-vexes-and-perplexes.html?hp

The data collected by the Acars system showed that the first turn to the west that diverted the plane from its planned path was carried out through a computer system that was most likely programmed by someone in the cockpit.

They are afraid the FBI may dig up a lot of dirt!?

Didn't they say early on that the Boing engine sends "pings" back to Boeing to be monitored and that was how they initially determined that the plane flew for hours after last contact? but that Malaysia Airlines didn't pay to have everything monitored on the engine that they could have? So, if the engine of that plane is ever started up again, wouldn't Boeing know that right away and be monitoring everything they possibly can about it? Maybe even location?

I think someone already posted links. From memory a NZ plane saw wooden pallets.

Maybe from the mangosteens? did i get that right? What is the plural of mangosteen? Is it like sheep and fish? Or is an s added??

Eta I got some details wrong but here is the post:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #14

Oh thank you seems I heard about the pallets earlier too. I told him I had to get on WS to see if that was new. I knew ya"ll would come through faster than the news station! :)

I can see why Boeing denied his claim publicly; again, it's the clarifying concerning sources that's particularly important in sensitive issues. And yes, it is just more expert speculation. But why must we malign his speculation over and above other people's? Certainly people will have leanings, and disagree with theories--all the unknowns especially will lead to that. But McInerney's 'expert speculation' is as good as any other expert spec out there at this point...meaning, none of these experts can prove to know anything definitively, but perhaps some of their hunches ought to be at least considered or explored more deeply at some point. It's not a contest. It's a human tragedy that deserves everything we can throw at it to resolve.

This is Websleuths -- we submit all evidence, regardless of the source, to the scrutiny of logic, research and critical reason to determine its validity. No person, no agency, no government gets a free pass!

We're all open to the possibility the plane could had ended up in many, many different places. We're all anxiously scanning for the crucial fact that will finally -- we hope -- emerge and bring this tragedy to a resolution that has been very cruelly deferred.

The search in the Southern Indian Ocean continues today with weather expected to deteriorate as Tropical Cyclone Gillian moves into the search corridor. Meanwhile, two Chinese airforce planes, which arrived in Perth late yesterday, will join the search. The Chinese planes, IL-76, will be extremely useful as they have very good visual search capability, with more windows and more carrying capacity.

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/china/2014-03/22/c_133206389.htm

That is a fabulous idea! An auto-buoy with a beacon which floats to the top in case of a water incident.

They are saying implementing new ideas will cost millions to the already struggling Airline industry, but practical ideas are out there for practical prices. Maybe John Q. Public should have them built into our luggage and forget waiting on the industry as a whole to get it together. ;)

Don't beacons and seats already float?

Didn't they say early on that the Boing engine sends "pings" back to Boeing to be monitored and that was how they initially determined that the plane flew for hours after last contact? but that Malaysia Airlines didn't pay to have everything monitored on the engine that they could have? So, if the engine of that plane is ever started up again, wouldn't Boeing know that right away and be monitoring everything they possibly can about it? Maybe even location?

The "engine data" pings went back to Rolls Royce (the engine manufacturer), not Boeing.

There was an initial story that sources at Rolls Royce claimed engine data continued for "4-5 hours" after the transponder went silent. But when Malaysia balked, Rolls Royce backed down and issued a public statement saying they got no engine data back after 1:07am.

Rolls Royce never said anything about the possible location of the plane. But they could well know more about engine data in the plane's final hours (including occasional altitude and -- maybe -- heading readings?) than they have been willing to reveal. They've been very hush-hush after the first couple days.

I was quite active on Tomnod in the first few days when the defined search area was when communication was lost - but since the search was extended to the North and especially South corridors, I was expecting the focus to be on these areas (?) I can't work out how to navigate to a particular area and I haven't seen any tags further North or South when downloading the results to Google Earth. Anyone got more experience of Tomnod they can share? Thanks

Lola if you check Tomnods Facebook and Twitter they often alert you when new areas are put up (and post a link). They also tell you what area it is.
If you signed up with them they also send an email when a new area is up for review.

Hi all. Still back on the last thread catching up on all the thought provoking posts from last night up until this morning.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #13

The above post is by CARIIS from the last thread - about Freescale Seminconductor Inc.- I've added the Wiki link. Freescale Semiconductor - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There's been very little mentioned on the news about the twenty people onboard flight MH370 representing this company. A few days ago, I heard one comment about the company being involved in radar systems. That's all.
Using my thought of too late avatar, "uncanny", to describe just another strange oddity about this whole situation. Isn't it though?

How many circumstances can be explained away by minimizing and pretending they are normal or usual? I think none when they are all put together. Uncanny!

Today they're chasing more phantom shadows - images offered up by China.

My thoughts are turning more and more negative as if someone is watching this play out (as a serial killer would) and laughing as the investigation, spending millions of dollars, chases after lost shipping containers.

Question: Have we heard when this Plane last had it's Safety Check? How old was this Plane? Was everything on board okay.....or any safety infractions on it? When was it serviced and checked over? How many flights has it done?

Just wondering??

Caution-02-june.gif

BBM.
If I remember right, a safety check was done 2 weeks prior to the flight and everything was all good.

I don't know the answers to the other questions, though. Anyone else?

The "engine data" pings went back to Rolls Royce (the engine manufacturer), not Boeing.

There was an initial story that sources at Rolls Royce claimed engine data continued for "4-5 hours" after the transponder went silent. But when Malaysia balked, Rolls Royce backed down and issued a public statement saying they got no engine data back after 1:07am.

Rolls Royce never said anything about the possible location of the plane. But they could well know more about engine data in the plane's final hours (including occasional altitude and -- maybe -- heading readings?) than they have been willing to reveal. They've been very hush-hush after the first couple days.

Boeing might have known right away because it's their aircraft and Rolls has provided the engines. As soon as they get a report that the plane may have crashed they would start their investigation. Rolls would not keep that from them and it is possible Boeing may have been monitoring the data as well.

Years ago I worked for an engine manufacturing company in their telegraph department and the notice of a crash or a missing plane would come in over the wires and we immediately called the engineer on duty with the report. I don't know that Boeing monitors the engines themselves but I would not be surprised.

I think they may know more, too. jmo

If you google these words:

Jeff Wise why we now understand the missing Malaysian airliners flight route

you can read his explanation of the arcs and what they depict, with graphics, published today.

Jeff is the guy who was on CNN last night talking about the hourly pings from Inmarsat.

The moderators have been wading in a pool of alerts this morning - and most are coming from this forum. :yow: I wanted to review some of the issues that happened yesterday because if the issues continue, some of our members are going to find themselves on the outside looking in. :(

- Discuss the topic and not each other. If you have a problem with a fellow poster, alert via the little red triangle in the upper corner of the post and the mods will review privately

- Limit the one liners. A little humor while waiting is okay, but when it goes on and on then it falls into being "off topic" which is a forum violation. And make sure you're not poking fun at this tragedy. Not funny.

- The political comments need to go in the Political Pavilion. Also, while it's a good thing to be proud of your own country, it's not good to make fun of other countries. Websleuths is an international community and we think each person is just as important as the next. We are proud to have all of you as members.

If you have any questions, don't be afraid to privately contact the moderator of your choice. First you might want to review our Rules forum. Your answer can probably be found there --->The Rules - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Just to refresh your memory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member