Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought the item in the net looked like a disposable diaper although they would puff right up in water.

I presume that all the items pulled from the ocean so far will just sit on the deck of the ship whilst they continue looking. I don't see any point in them returning them to Perth when they can continue searching.
I am sure they are sending photos back to base though the Chinese maybe to china!
Even if they find something that is obviously a piece of plane I don't see they need to bring it to Perth.

A very, very random thought, just wonder if anyone else has thought this...

We're all seeing these satellite pictures, some from days ago, of objects in the ocean.

Do you think there's any way the satellites may be able to go back in time, and actually have pictures of the aircraft in flight? I know it's a very random idea, and would probably result in a big map of squiggles with every aircraft in the sky at that point in time, but would you think it possible? Think along the lines of what air traffic control would see, but in satellite pictures?

Sorry, this does seem rather daft, but it is something i wondered if the technology was there to do?

Please don't make me feel a numpty for asking!

Not numpty at all!

The older images are also searched. Images are always being searched by military in EVERY country that has them. Old images are kept and looked at.

You are not a numpty (I don't think anyway since I have no clue what one is.)

I don't fully understand why they haven't been able to pull satellite pics of that night either and see it in the sky, but I think it has something to do with where the satellites are positioned in that part of the world.

GeoKaren was on here yesterday I think, she works with satellite images and she said that they need sun to get good images so as a general rule they are taking pictures between 10am and 1pm each day.

I'll see if I can find the post.

(EDIT have posted Geokaren quotes further down)

This is the shot that made me think plastic:

Or soggy laminated card?

This is the only Malaysia Airlines safety card that I have been able to find so far for the 777-200 .. but it seems as though there may be other types of safety cards (besides passenger cards). Cards that pilots and crew use.

thumbnail.php

I presume that all the items pulled from the ocean so far will just sit on the deck of the ship whilst they continue looking. I don't see any point in them returning them to Perth when they can continue searching.
I am sure they are sending photos back to base though the Chinese maybe to china!
Even if they find something that is obviously a piece of plane I don't see they need to bring it to Perth.

Yes, the parts remain on the ship, unless some sort of plane can pick up. Since we now have the ability to send photos, they are sent.

Identifying factors will wait until they hit land, and hopefully have numbers. Don't know if different types of metals are used for forensics for each individual plane in the air, but doubt it. Factory types, but we know the factory already - I think. Maybe there are several factories with slight differences? Haven't looked that up yet.

So bizarre. Watching The Twilight Zone on Netflix (starting at the beginning) and we just watched The Odyssey of Flight 33

Maybe that’s what happened to MH370! :laughitup:

I thought the item in the net looked like a disposable diaper although they would puff right up in water.

It looked very similar to me too, although I thought it was more like just the outer plastic part, and the absorbent part had separated from it.

ETA: and now I have to rethink this statement. I just looked at the BBC footage, which is a bit different than the CNN footage I watched earlier that had all the graphics and tickers laid over the images. Like the green floating thing that changed appearance when viewed from different angles, this changed appearance, imo, based on which news agency was showing the footage.

Is it an absolute that this plane crashed into the South Indian Ocean?

It is the area where the plane was last tracked by satellite "handshake" or ping. There was no place for it to land so it is presumed to have gone down into the ocean.

:(

MOO

I was thinking that too, how are they bringing stuff back to Perth if they need to be in the search area??

Re Geokaren posts.... she said this in answer to questions abaout whether satellite images could have seen the plane in flight:

Quote:
Originally Posted by geokaren
Not really, it was dark. the satellite is a passive sensor, not an active one so it only collects data when the sun is high - thus the collection between 10-1PM local time, the data would be useless at 8AM since the sun would be so low in the sky you wouldn't get usable images.

Then someone asked whether images from that day might show debris and she replied:

"it's doubtful that there was even a earth observation satellite in position to collect images over that area. satellites have a limited area of coverage and it would be highly unlikely that they would routinely collect imagery in such a remote area of the high seas. It's expensive to collect and process. Digital Globe also does 'customer tasking' so you can pay to have images collected over your area of interest. I would expect that the satellites were busy earning their keep elsewhere at the time.
Remember, at the beginning we were all looking much closer to Malaysia too"

Hope that helps, sorry I can't seem to direct quote from closed thread #17

RE: satellites

This old article states:

U.S. spy satellites did not detect a midair explosion at the time that Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 lost contact with air traffic controllers or in the hours immediately afterward, senior U.S. intelligence officials told NBC News on Wednesday.

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/mi...ected-no-explosion-flight-370-vanished-n51061

The US was using a satellite that detects heat signatures in real time. So I guess they would have seen something if it had been shot down or exploded in midair that night.

RE: satellites

This old article states:

U.S. spy satellites did not detect a midair explosion at the time that Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 lost contact with air traffic controllers or in the hours immediately afterward, senior U.S. intelligence officials told NBC News on Wednesday.

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/mi...ected-no-explosion-flight-370-vanished-n51061

The US was using a satellite that detects heat signatures in real time. So I guess they would have seen something if it had been shot down or exploded in midair that night.

Would they say?

In the middle of disastrous world wide uprising and take overs? (this is not the most important international news, but can create more situations)

I don't know how to bring the thumbnail over from Tiepos post #334, but if you look at the pic, there is also a green round thing showing on the card - or whatever it is - as well as a nose of a plane.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #18

Maybe it is a card designed for pilots and crew, showing different areas of the plane for some safety/info reasons?

What's clearance level?

(EDIT Oops sorry, that was meant to be quoting 21merc7 but I now can't see quote, weird!)

Would they say?

In the middle of disastrous world wide uprising and take overs? (this is not the most important international news, but can create more situations)

What did we say when Russia shot down that passenger plane? I don't remember that incident enough to recall, but that's apparently what we would say :D

Thanks for that pic. Someone is going to figure that out - it has words and pictures on it. Like a magazine, but that wouldn't stand up that well.

Down the middle of it looks like the top of a wall calendar, like it has a grommet in it - like it should hang from a wall.

Would they say?

I did consider deliberate misinformation, but I was a bit worried about bringing up the subject of who may have shot it down and why, and if the US saw it happen or did it themselves, would the government tell?

So I just went with the official statement which looks something like this :Bennymonkey:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove