Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #19

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think some stuff got lost in translation (Malay-Chinese-English) with the "alright good night" reporting.

What Malaysian officials were being asked to confirm was that there was no communication from MH-370 after "good night" at 1:19am. They confirmed. But such statements tended to get reported as confirmation of the exact language "Alright good night", which probably wasn't really being asked or answered.

Now, since day one, Malaysian officials have not been transparent or forthcoming. But every new shift in the story isn't because they previously lied or blundered. Sometimes it has been, but sometimes it has been more tangled.

A Timeline of the Malaysian Government’s Many, Many MH370 Screw-Ups

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2014/04/malaysian-governments-many-mh370-screw-ups.html

Upon news that officials couldn’t even correctly quote the four words uttered by the co-pilot before all communication with MH370 was lost, here’s a timeline of Malaysia’s mistakes since the plane disappeared.

Here's one I forgot about:

March 8: The Malaysian government confirms reports that two people boarded the plane with stolen passports, then says it was actually four people, before revising it back down two.

Wonder why they said at one time it was four? Didn't they also say there was a 5th passenger that had iffy paperwork or something?

New Plane-Location System Study Confirmed in Malaysia

Experts will study the creation of a new system to locate and monitor planes, Tony Tyler, Director General of the International Air Transportation Association (IATA), said today.

Tyler asserted that the group of experts in charge of that activity would process information from more than 600 sources and arrive at conclusions by the end of the current year.

http://www.plenglish.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2534881&Itemid=1

<snipped>

LUMPUR APPROACH
12:42:05 MAS 370 Departure Malaysian Three Seven Zero
12:42:10 ATC Malaysian Three Seven Zero selamat pagi identified. Climb flight level one eight zero cancel SID turn right direct to IGARI
12:42:48 MAS 370 Okay level one eight zero direct IGARI Malaysian one err Three Seven Zero
12:42:52 ATC Malaysian Three Seven Zero contact Lumpur Radar One Three Two Six good night
MAS 370 Night One Three Two Six Malaysian Three Seven Zero

LUMPUR RADAR (AREA)
12:46:51 MAS 370 Lumpur Control Malaysian Three Seven Zero
12:46:51* ATC Malaysian Three Seven Zero Lumpur radar Good Morning climb flight level two five zero
12:46:54* MAS370 Morning level two five zero Malaysian Three Seven Zero
12:50:06 ATC Malaysian Three Seven Zero climb flight level three five zero
12:50:09 MAS370 Flight level three five zero Malaysian Three Seven Zero
01:01:14 MAS370 Malaysian Three Seven Zero maintaining level three five zero
01:01:19 ATC Malaysian Three Seven Zero
01:07:55 MAS370 Malaysian...Three Seven Zero maintaining level three five zero
01:08:00 ATC Malaysian Three Seven Zero
01:19:24 ATC Malaysian Three Seven Zero contact Ho Chi Minh 120 decimal 9 Good Night
01:19:29 MAS370 Good Night Malaysian Three Seven Zero

bbm Up through the 1:07:55 transmissions, MAS370 follows protocol exactly by repeating the info conveyed by ATC.

In the 1:19:29 communication, MAS370 DOES NOT respond consistently. I would have expected him to say instead: "Malaysian three seven zero one two zero decimal nine Good Night", thus confirming the directive to contact Vietnamese ATC on channel 120.9 as he did after the ~12:42 contact. But he didn't.

I think this change in speech pattern is meaningful. Did something change in those 11 minutes? Or should I say WHAT changed during those 11 minutes?

ETA: full transcript available in this article http://www.straitstimes.com/the-big...-mh370-transcript-says-nothing-abnormal-20140

bbm Up through the 1:07:55 transmissions, MAS370 follows protocol exactly by repeating the info conveyed by ATC.

In the 1:19:29 communication, MAS370 DOES NOT respond consistently. I would have expected him to say instead: "Malaysian three seven zero one two zero decimal nine Good Night", thus confirming the directive to contact Vietnamese ATC on channel 120.9 as he did after the ~12:42 contact. But he didn't.

I think this change in speech pattern is meaningful. Did something change in those 11 minutes? Or should I say WHAT changed during those 11 minutes?

ETA: full transcript available in this article http://www.straitstimes.com/the-big...-mh370-transcript-says-nothing-abnormal-20140

Also, at 1:07 and 55 he appears to pause before in his speech ... malaysian (pause) three seven zero. Previously, he was able to ramble on and not think which flight he was on.

I knew I saw this and "heard" the beeping. I have spent some time trying to relocate this video through google, then found it on YouTube, of the pilot and co pilot going through the security check. So many copies out there without the sound and the voice. Listen carefully to the metal detector going off when the captain goes through. But no additional check on him to see why he set it off when he passed through. Wonder why the guy doing the pat down doesn't even bother to ask what the captain may have had on him to set off the detector? I wonder if the authorities have questioned the guy doing the body search? Who is he? What's his history? Why wasn't the captain asked to go through again after emptying his pockets, and removing his shoes, etc.? What's going on here? Or has this already been discussed & I missed it? I did skip pages here & there in an effort to keep up.
Just remembering my flight of many years ago, when I "beeped" going through. It's amazing what people forget in their pockets, or are wearing. And that was before 9/11!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fUYvqvPqw74

To make a relatively poor analogy it would be like asking the President to go back through the metal detector. There may be some fear of upsetting a pilot that has a lot more power than a security guard. Also, why think the pilot is carrying anything dangerous? I'm sure it's just assumed that he doesn't want to crash and that he wouldn't be carrying anything bad. JMO

Also, at 1:07 and 55 he appears to pause before in his speech ... malaysian (pause) three seven zero. Previously, he was able to ramble on and not think which flight he was on.

That could be as simple as something catching his eye, the pilot saying something to him at the same time (assuming it's the copilot), yawning, catching a breath or having a brain fart. Not necessarily indicative of anything. Sometimes I worry that in our desperation to know the answers, we're ascribing more worth to things than we should (I'm guilty of this myself and not just with this piece of the puzzle). :moo:

I've listened and thinking the ssme as yourself & boodles - what on earth happened to change how he replied to ATC?

I have also said before that the erratic flight path taken thereafter was a "cry for help" as the pilot had no other means of saying or doing anything, and nobody anywhere picked up on it...

I think that there's a lot of information out there pointing towards something, but nobody official wants to say it - for whatever reason?

Very worrying - all those countries out there searching / involved... We know heaps of information, but what do we NOT know...

A Timeline of the Malaysian Government’s Many, Many MH370 Screw-Ups

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2014/04/malaysian-governments-many-mh370-screw-ups.html

Upon news that officials couldn’t even correctly quote the four words uttered by the co-pilot before all communication with MH370 was lost, here’s a timeline of Malaysia’s mistakes since the plane disappeared.

Thanks for that. I was hoping someone would compile a list like that. Now I wish some media outlet would put together a timeline of the reported sightings and where they occurred.

Here is the major problem I see;

Malaysia owns the airline: http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2014/04/malaysian-governments-many-mh370-screw-ups.html

They want Boeing to be held responsible for the crash and not the airline. I believe that they know a lot more about where the plane is. I think that they have evidence that the pilot was involved somehow in this and are keeping it hidden because they don't want people to find out what the whole thing is really about.

The refusal to release a full list of stuff in the cargo hold is hinky.

JMO

I noticed there is a documentary on ABC Iview right now (Australia) called Garbage Island.

http://iview.abc.net.au/programs/garbage-island/ZX9681A001S00
"The North Pacific Gyre is a collecting point for all of the ocean's flotsam and home of the Great Pacific Garbage Patch: a mythical, Texas-sized island made entirely of our trash"

Am going to watch it later. Will be available to watch til 28th April.
Iview programmes are only viewable to Australia but its also on youtube in 3 parts.

I had no idea the oceans were so full of rubbish :notgood:

There are several garbage islands; geography.about.com

I think the plane is still parked somewhere and will be used as a flying bomb. Now that would make everyone keep their mouths shut because of the fear and panic it would cause. And it seems Vlad Putin doesn't let a crisis go to waste. He's busy while the world is looking the other way.

I was surfing the internet last night and came across a wild story of a passenger, Phillip Wood, on the flight who is was an technical storage executive at IBM and that he'd hid his iphone up his butt, and sent a voice text and photo that had the coordinates of Diego Garcia embedded in the photo. He "said" in his text that the plane had been hi jacked by military personal. How in the world could you get a iphone up "there"?

Plus, is this a typo?

12:32:13. MAS 370. MAS377 request taxi.

There are several garbage islands; geography.about.com

I think the plane is still parked somewhere and will be used as a flying bomb. Now that would make everyone keep their mouths shut because of the fear and panic it would cause. And it seems Vlad Putin doesn't let a crisis go to waste. He's busy while the world is looking the other way.

I was surfing the internet last night and came across a wild story of a passenger, Phillip Wood, on the flight who is was an technical storage executive at IBM and that he'd hid his iphone up his butt, and sent a voice text and photo that had the coordinates of Diego Garcia embedded in the photo. He "said" in his text that the plane had been hi jacked by military personal. How in the world could you get a iphone up "there"?

I think that has been debunked, but who can keep track! Reminds me of the SNL sketch last Saturday except it wasn't an iPhone anyone was worried about but a Darth Vader action figure :blushing:

The MAS377 -

Could be a typo. What is up with all that "garbled" in the transcript?

Also, could be whichever pilot was saying had previously flown MH377, and accidentally said 377.

???

The MAS377 -

Could be a typo. What is up with all that "garbled" in the transcript?

Also, could be whichever pilot was saying had previously flown MH377, and accidentally said 377.

???

Maybe it was the pilot's previous flight? MS377 is a flight from Guangzhou Baiyun Int'l (ZGGG / CAN) to Kuala Lumpur Int'l (WMKK / KUL) that arrives at 6:30pm.

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/MAS377

I knew I saw this and "heard" the beeping. I have spent some time trying to relocate this video through google, then found it on YouTube, of the pilot and co pilot going through the security check. So many copies out there without the sound and the voice. Listen carefully to the metal detector going off when the captain goes through. But no additional check on him to see why he set it off when he passed through. Wonder why the guy doing the pat down doesn't even bother to ask what the captain may have had on him to set off the detector? I wonder if the authorities have questioned the guy doing the body search? Who is he? What's his history? Why wasn't the captain asked to go through again after emptying his pockets, and removing his shoes, etc.? What's going on here? Or has this already been discussed & I missed it? I did skip pages here & there in an effort to keep up.
Just remembering my flight of many years ago, when I "beeped" going through. It's amazing what people forget in their pockets, or are wearing. And that was before 9/11!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fUYvqvPqw74

OT
Re BBM

You are so right about that. I was getting ready to go on a nice 2-day fishing trip once and was walking up to the terminal and at the last minute remembered to do a self-check and realized I had my good fishing knife in my pants pocket. Since I had only carry-ons and my car was parked about a mile away and since my flight was coming up, I didnt want to take the shuttle all the way back to my car so I had to throw it in the trash can outside the terminal.

I felt like asking a stranger on the street if they wanted a good knife before I tossed it. It was painful throwing a perfectly good favorite fishing knife in the trash.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/malaysia-flight-370-govt-changes-account-of-last-radio-transmission/

MAS 370 (Kuala Lumpur to Beijing)
PILOT-ATC RADIOTELEPHONY TRANSCRIPT
Departure from KLIA: 8 March 2014
ATC DELIVERY
12:25:53 MAS 370 Delivery
MAS 370 Good Morning
12:26:02 ATC MAS 370 Standby and Malays
ia Six is cleared to Frankfurt
via AGOSA Alpha Departure six
thousand feet squawk two
one zero six
12:26:19 ATC ... MAS 370 request level
12:26:21 MAS 370 MAS 370 we are ready reques
ting flight level three five zero
to Beijing
12:26:39 ATC MAS 370 is cleared to Be
ijing via PIBOS A Departure Six
Thousand Feet squawk two one five seven
12:26:45 MAS 370 Beijing PIBOS A Six Thou
sand Squawk two
one five seven,
MAS 370 Thank You
12:26:53 ATC MAS 370 Welcome over to ground
12:26:55 MAS 370 Good Day
LUMPUR GROUND
12:27:27 MAS 370 Ground MAS370 Good morn
ing Charlie One Requesting push
and start
12:27:34 ATC MAS370 Lumpur Ground
Morning Push ba
ck and start
approved Runway 32 Right Exit via Sierra 4.
12:27:40 MAS 370 Push back and start appr
oved 32 Right Exit
via Sierra 4 POB
239 Mike Romeo Oscar
12:27:45 ATC Copied
12:32:13 MAS 370 MAS377 request taxi.
12:32:26 ATC MAS37..... (garbled) ... st
andard route. Hold short Bravo
12:32:30 MAS 370 Ground, MAS370. Yo
u are unreadable. Say again.
12:32:38 ATC MAS370 taxi to holding
point Alfa 11 Runway 32 Right via