Found Deceased Malaysia - Nora Quoirin, 15, from UK, special needs, missing on vacation, Seremban, 4 Aug 2019 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I'm sure they were well aware and would have chosen a place to stay accordingly.

For me the question is not whether or not she was capable of going up and down the stairs, but why she went down the stairs to begin with.

Did she willingly go downstairs because she wanted or needed something?
Was she lured or carried down the stairs? Forced?
Did she normally get up in the middle of the night to get something?

Did she wake up before everybody else and go downstairs looking for her parents?
I have been thinking about how Nora managed to get down the spiral stairs and out of the window without assistance. I will delete this immediately if it is an inappropriate suggestion: Could the two sisters have both left through the window; with Nora being treated by her sister to what was to be an exciting adventure which went badly wrong: falling in the river, being taken etc. and the younger sister is too afraid and traumatised to say? I only suggest this because it was reported earlier in the thread that the younger sister volunteered that Nora may have gone through the window.

Yes, I'm sure they were well aware and would have chosen a place to stay accordingly.

For me the question is not whether or not she was capable of going up and down the stairs, but why she went down the stairs to begin with.

Did she willingly go downstairs because she wanted or needed something?
Was she lured or carried down the stairs? Forced?
Did she normally get up in the middle of the night to get something?

Did she wake up before everybody else and go downstairs looking for her parents?

You have good points here. The police thinks she went out by herself but they don't say why they think this and at what time that happened. By now they should have come up with a timeline of what they believe happened if she indeed went to the jungle by herself and was not kidnapped. JMO

I know she is well versed in public speaking but sorry, I still find it odd that he hasn’t said anything at all and I know others who also think the same. When N’s mother was speaking the other day to thank the search team, it almost looked as if he was hiding behind her.

Yep. I was thinking the same. I've seen parents (and blamed parents) time and time before on here and usually it has been the case. Not saying it is the case here but without ANY facts everyone is a suspect IMO.

Might be worth mentioning that I saw this very early on via twitter, just a few hours after it happened. There was appeal by a family member (I’m thinking her uncle) for help and to share on social media. If her family had any involvement they would not want immediate media attention.

My heart breaks thinking about Nora and her poor family. I hope they have answers soon.

I know she is well versed in public speaking but sorry, I still find it odd that he hasn’t said anything at all and I know others who also think the same. When N’s mother was speaking the other day to thank the search team, it almost looked as if he was hiding behind her.
He may be too grief ridden to speak. He certainly did not look good.
Maybe she is the stronger one, emotionally, of the two.
It's not uncommon for the family to assign one person to be the spokesperson. .
There really is no need for more than one.

Last edited:
I posted earlier but included a TA link and so post was deleted. Sorry - didn't know at the time I shouldn't link to reviews. I'm still inclined to think she may have come down at 7 as dawn broke and got scared by insects or some unfamiliar creatures in house. I can't figure out if that open terrace is always open or if there is a door out to it. That is high so she could have potentially gone in there to run from insects /lizard or something and fallen over the edge or run through the window in kitchen to get away and then fallen in the pool or river. But then what? Could she have crawled under the house if there is a crawl space? Or did she have a fatal accident and the body removed to protect hotel reputation? (not a nice thought but it feels more logical than an abduction). It was mentioned that she had several surgeries to assist breathing in the past so if she was scared and in a confined area she may have fainted and not hear anyone calling for her. All awful options though as none have a good outcome.
The terrace is always open. There is no door to shut which is why they say that you don’t leave lights on for long when it gets dark and also that they get all sorts of flying bugs plus geckos, that come to eat the bugs, at night.

"There appear to be two major theories which would fit the known facts.

The most obvious and likely is that Nora woke up and wandered off on her own. She would be jet-lagged and confused when she woke in unfamiliar surroundings and anyone could easily become totally lost in the surrounding jungle. Added to that, there is no evidence of an intruder.

The second theory, which her parents believe to be more likely, is that she was abducted. Supporting this is the fact that Nora has limited mobility, making it less likely that she could have gone off alone.

But the family had only just arrived at the cottage. The opportunity for any potential abductor to know that Nora was even there was therefore very limited."

Met Police expert analyses seven lines of enquiry in missing Nora Quoirin case

Awful though :(

I just said exactly the same thing to my partner....sooner or later they will call off the search and I know I would not be able to go home without my child, not knowing would kill me and all the "maybes" maybe she will come bk? Maybe she is ok?

I would feel to far away and probably end up living there. Mom has not cut her ties and annoyed the country, always treading carefully unlike past cases that we have seen (wont mention names)

I'm just not sure I could fly home without my baby I flew out with! It's just haunting to think about!

I can't imagine a parent of a child with special needs sleeping through said child making her way down the stairs and perhaps out of the "cabin" without waking, or into the bathroom at the bottom of the stairs, for that matter. I have several dogs and if they get up to go potty outside in the middle of the night, I hear them. Aren't parents kinda trained with those parent ears to hear their kids, especially one with special needs? For several of the possible scenarios being discussed here to be accurate, Nora would have had to have made her way down the steps and then out... w/o either parent waking? And the whole family is not at home, but in a strange, (i.e., new) setting on top of it all.

He may be too grief ridden to speak. He certainly did not look good.
Maybe she is the stronger one, emotionally, of the two.
It's not uncommon for the family to assign one person to be the spokesmen.
There really is no need for more than one.
He looked very gaunt and as if he had lost a lot weight in one of the photos, poor soul.

I just said exactly the same thing to my partner....sooner or later they will call off the search and I know I would not be able to go home without my child, not knowing would kill me and all the "maybes" maybe she will come bk? Maybe she is ok?

I would feel to far away and probably end up living there. Mom has not cut her ties and annoyed the country, always treading carefully unlike past cases that we have seen (wont mention names)

I'm just not sure I could fly home without my baby I flew out with! It's just haunting to think about!

I think I would be the same, poor souls will need some kind of closure.

I can't imagine a parent of a child with special needs sleeping through said child making her way down the stairs and perhaps out of the "cabin" without waking, or into the bathroom at the bottom of the stairs, for that matter. I have several dogs and if they get up to go potty outside in the middle of the night, I hear them. Aren't parents kinda trained with those parent ears to hear their kids, especially one with special needs? For several of the possible scenarios being discussed here to be accurate, Nora would have had to have made her way down the steps and then out... w/o either parent waking? And the whole family is not at home, but in a strange, (i.e., new) setting on top of it all.
As a parent of a special needs child , yes you wake up at night a lot.
What I find super weird is that no one heard anything not even her siblings sleeping next to her. But we have to take into account that they were probably tired.
JMO.

Last edited:

This is something that really bothers me. As a parent of 3 myself 7, 14 and 15 I sleep very light. And being in a strange place I wouldn't sleep well. I understand they may have been exhausted but whether she left on her own or someone took her, I'm very surprised the other 4 in the home heard nothing.

It's not as if she was across a home separate from others, they were all right there in a small space, the entire thing is just really strange to me.

The only logical explanation in my head is that she was sleep walking ,

Her parents are saying she wouldnt go out alone but lookin at the link below i didnt realise sleep walking can be caused by so many things including infection ,

Sleepwalking
I considered that also, but I think could you really sleep walk in a unfamiliar place and navigate yourself without waking anyone up.

I don't think it would be usual to supply all that info to holiday accommodation.
No, it wouldn't.
I thought you were asking why it would be important to mention it after the fact to investigators or to the media, and how that information would help to find her.

But certainly, if they required certain accommodations I'm sure they would have inquired about it before hand.

I would really like to know if mom and dad took any photos when arriving and if they have been looked at.

U would think if it was someone entering they would have taken maybe laptops etc (if they had them) and maybe started as a robbery and nora perhaps startled them and it went from there. Robbery gone wrong . Nothing like that is stated though

All just my own thoughts etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member