Maricopa Jane Doe 1999 Thread #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, it's so nice to see new information. I guess they would have noticed a Russian accent...

I've seen the two pix of Monique; neither show the mole on the upper left side of her lip. I was just trying to see how prominent the mole was-- or could it easily be covered with make-up for the pictures.
MaricopaDoe has a mark near the corner of her left lip,but I can't tell if its a mole.

Trish

Anybody here live in Phoenix? Maybe check out the local high school yearbooks for her & maybe a guy with those initials...

Just in case the ring on the necklace is accurate, I entered the initials in the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children in different orders to see what was there. I came up with a blond, blue eyed, 5'4, female missing from Oklahoma in 1992. The nose does appear different, but the initials are MCD. Sometimes Monograms appear with the last name larger and in the middle and sometimes people don't like their middle names and change them. Her monogram would be MDC. Monique Christine Daniels. It doesn't say if her DNA is entered in the National databases to be compared with our Jane Doe. What do you think?

She looks very similar! Have you forwarded this to LE?

Anybody here live in Phoenix? Maybe check out the local high school yearbooks for her & maybe a guy with those initials...

1. I wish I lived closer to Phoenix because 2 of my pet cases occured in the area, our Doe and this one: http://doenetwork.org/cases/501ufaz.html

2. I don't understand why there hasn't been more information released on the ring. I wish we could get some sort of official confirmation on it.

The Phoenix Public Library has copies of some high school yearbooks, but they're reference books (no check out). Any volunteers to visit them?

I have received the following message from the ME:

You will have to contact the police agency to obtain a copy of their report.

To obtain a copy of the ME report, please call 602-506-3322 and ask for an order form for a report to be mailed to you.

I can tell you that the information that is on the website for Maricopa County unidentified bodies is all that is available for identification.
The people that were in the car when she jumped have been thoroughly investigated and have recently been in touch with someone here that is doing follow-up on the case. It does not seem that they or their information is relevant at this time.

Thank you for your interest and assistance. We hope that by focusing on her appearance, descriptors, and belongings, that someone will recognize this girl and give us the lead we need.

Based on my inquiry:

Comments:
Is it possible to see the ME's report on this case? New information has recently been posted on Websleuths that has not been posted elsewhere. Would like to verify. What about the police report? There is conflicting information regarding the people who were in the car from which she jumped...

If the info was never posted otherwhere it is simply because no one has ever bothered before to do research on this case. But If you have 2$ you can buy the article then if you think the journalist has been lying you can write his hierarchy to tell them about your doubts.

If the info was never posted otherwhere it is simply because no one has ever bothered before to do research on this case. But If you have 2$ you can buy the article then if you think the journalist has been lying you can write his hierarchy to tell them about your doubts.

Where did you find the information about the ring? It it's not published in the ME's report, how did a reporter get the information?

I found it in an article from the AZ Republic I don't see why they'd say she had that ring while it'd be a lie. I guess the person who answered you is a bit clueless about the case or they're being weird and retain now that info from the public.

What they say is: "The gold necklace she wore held a golden ring, inset with the letters ''DMA.'' "

Unless they lost it, which is fairly possible, it is a good identifier, but if they lost it maybe it's better for them to claim now they never saw it.

Ok yes I thought I read golden after thinking first I saw gold but it's only for the ring, the necklace was gold maybe one of their officers sold it. God knows.

Maybe the ME does some trafficking of jewels lol (though maybe it's true), but I don't see the journalist inventing such a thing.

Maybe the ME does some trafficking of jewels lol (though maybe it's true), but I don't see the journalist inventing such a thing.

Do you have a link to that article? If the information didn't come from the ME, where could it have come from? If someone "stole" it, I don't think it would have ever made its way into the media. Journalists invent things every day. It's nothing new. That doesn't mean ME's are thieves.

No it's a paying article and it's forbidden to send them. I meant stole it after the article was written, it was written just three days after she was found, it gives ample time for the jewelry to vanish. I just launched ideas lol I don't think the ME would do that however that wouldn't be the first time sthg got lost. And when I said ME I meant anyone working there, ME's are probably well paid. But I just asked someone about it, I'll tell you if I receive an answer.

No it's a paying article and it's forbidden to send them. I meant stole it after the article was written, it was written just three days after she was found, it gives ample time for the jewelry to vanish. I just launched ideas lol I don't think the ME would do that however that wouldn't be the first time sthg got lost. And when I said ME I meant anyone working there, ME's are probably well paid. But I just asked someone about it, I'll tell you if I receive an answer.

Wow - those are some serious accusations you're making. You really need to back up either the article that references this "ring" or your accusations that the ME or his/her representatives are thieves. YOU are the one who brought the information about the ring into the discussion here. As far as I can tell, there is absolutely nothing that supports this.

I really doubt that anyone in working for LE or the ME would pawn off an engraved gold ring. :rolleyes: I have a gold ring engraved with my initials that cost less than $100. A black market sale like that generally goes for less than half the value of the item. So I have great misgivings that someone working in these fields would risk his or her job for such a paltry payback.

Wow - those are some serious accusations you're making. You really need to back up either the article that references this "ring" or your accusations that the ME or his/her representatives are thieves. YOU are the one who brought the information about the ring into the discussion here. As far as I can tell, there is absolutely nothing that supports this.

Come on in what world do you live? Lol, there's not only on TV that police officers sell the drug from drug busts and ME pull down gold teeth on the bodies that are found.

And absinthe the ring is golden not gold so of course if they pawned it off they'd probably get 10$. I was talking about the gold chain. And yes with one they don't get a lot but if they do that on all UIDs in the end they'll make some money. And geez that is possible I dk why everybody thinks it's normal that people send extra-terrestrial theories about Jon Benet Ramsey and when I say sthg everybody knows people are :eek:. There are wrong people everywhere. I don't know the police officers there nor the people who work in the ME's office. Since some people put the journalist's professionalism and that is serious accusations too in question I offered other theories. But if you prefer to think the journalist took some extasy before he wrote the article free to you.
My real thought is either they retain the info either they just have no clue at the Maricopa website that there was this ring. And a ME report isn't necessarily completely detailed. I'm sure some black UID Does back in the 60's had as only descriptor "negro male". I think I have actually seen things like that, that's a real pity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ahearn