Maricopa Jane Doe 1999 Thread #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I sat on a federal jury in Vegas about 4 years ago where the guy was charged with possession with intent to distribute. He had a Snapple bottle full of PCP. We found him guilty, but couldn't figure out why it was a federal case. Found out after the verdict was handed down that this fellow had already been convicted of SS fraud, among other things. This was in Vegas. I know when I was a teenager, PCP laced weed was quite popular (NOT WITH ME!!!). Ironically, that was the reason I nearly voted not guilty in this case - this guy had no pot or cash in his possession - just the PCP. It came down to why would anyone have this much PCP unless he was going to distribute? Sherman sticks they used to call joints laced with PCP - as I recall. I knew a good bunch of kids who were never right again after they smoked it. I can totally see someone freaking out if they didn't know what they were doing, weren't comfortable in their surroundings or had never done it before. I can also see why Alonzo and LDJ would not have been forthcoming with the information.

Thank you for sharing your story, Fairy. That's interesting.

I have heard of this combination before, often called "embalming fluid" "sherms", "wet" "fry" and probably many, many other slang terms. I can't believe I never considered this as a possibility.. that the joint/blunt may have been laced with something. It makes perfect sense that if a drug like PCP was present in her system that she would do something as reckless as jumping out of a moving vehicle at 75mph.

I have a friend in Apache Junction, Arizona (about 40 miles away from Phoenix) who had experimented with this stuff and drove straight into a light post at a high speed.. seemingly on purpose. But the fact is it truly messes with your ability to make "sane" decisions. He said it literally made him feel like he was Superman. Indestructible. Fortunately, he survived the accident but broke both of his legs.

I'm interested in finding out of the stuff was present in her tox report and will gladly make the call unless someone else wanted to. Good sleuthing!

:blowkiss:

Go for it!!! SOmebody PLEASE!!!! I would LOVE to know if she had PCP in her.....Then the jumping would make sense. Maybe she had tried pot before, but not with the PCP and she freaked out and maybe thats what the "babbling:" that she was doing was all about maybe she was hallucinating and talking to herself. I wonder though if she had JUST smoked it in a small amount would that show up on the tox screen?

Do they tox screen someone who takes off from the scene of an accident and then admits to doing drugs in the car, which may have contributed to one of the occupants exiting the vehicle at 75 mph? Of course I am speaking of the driver of the vehicle. Just curious if he was tested as well.

Not sure what the status of the interview is, but can I put my two cents in regarding the story angle?

I am hoping that the reporter can be compelled to care that this little girl has not been ID'd, more than trying to solve the crime of how she died. I think if there was a crime, we know who the perp/perps are now, and in spite of LE's best efforts, the driver copped to fleeing the scene and he and the other occupant of the vehicle are being closed mouth about any other details.

Getting a hold of a picture of the ring, if it exists, and any description of the clothing she was wearing whatsoever should help enormously. Finding out who she is may lead to friends or acquaintances who might be able to fill in the blanks of her evening until she died.

But to me, what is so incredibly amazing about the WS piece is the number of photoshopped composites created when the original sketches were found so lacking; it is phenol opening a door on the highway 75 mph; it is all of the letter writing and bush shaking all of you on this thread have done...not to mention attemptoidentify going to the scene to photo and then build a memorial. If this poor child was not loved in life, she has surely been loved in death....

jmho

What should I ask if I call? :confused:

I know the toxicology report isn't going to give her an identity, but I know for sure that if we can rule out a possible homicide, it will make it easier to ID little MJD rather than branching off into the "crime".

believe09, thank you.. I agree, everyone has done such a wonderful job! And you're so right..poor baby, if she wasn't loved when she was living.. she certainly is loved now.

Thank you for stressing that it is more about ID'ing her than solving the crime in your angle.

I called this morning and requested the report...I spoke to a very nice lady who offered to mail me an application for the report. She told me that I would need to send back the completed application along with a 5 dollar money order, and she would get the report to me ASAP.

YAY!
Way to go Absinthe! Once you get it, you are allowed to post it here, right? Please, please, oh pretty please?

YAY!
Way to go Absinthe! Once you get it, you are allowed to post it here, right? Please, please, oh pretty please?

I'm sure, I told her I was part of an online sleuthing forum, so I'm sure she assumed that I would be sharing it!

I wonder if what she was wearing would be in the report..probably not, but here's hoping.

I called this morning and requested the report...I spoke to a very nice lady who offered to mail me an application for the report. She told me that I would need to send back the completed application along with a 5 dollar money order, and she would get the report to me ASAP.

Thanks! :blowkiss:

You're all very welcome! I hope that this will get us some answers!

Thank you, absinthe!!! :blowkiss:

FYI- I requested a copy of the police report, as well. Don't know how this will help us, but it might!

Her face fits on this one, it's fuller, great job, once again!

Thank you, Christine.

A side by side comparison:

MJD_ID_TawniLee.jpg

I decided to make an array of different hairstyles that were particularly popular in the 90's that she might have worn.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e127/popular_minoritry/arrayhair.jpg

Thanks again, absinthe for that tox report request!

I can share the police information, right?..

You did a great job!!! I sure hope we can get some more information from someone one way or another!!!! and I sure hope you can share lol!

Awesome progress y'all!!! And I really feel strongly, as believe does, that we must make our position clear - that we are trying to identify MJD, not solve a possible crime. Somewhere, there is a clue - THE clue - that we need!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member