Mark Sievers Livestream Trial Thread - Days 1 - 4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
cross on Downs:
defense hitting him hard on the seeming lack of evidence found in MS's Illinois condo

on recovery of Wright's property in trailer:

plaque in kitchen: significance? verifies that Rodgers purchased it in Florida...how did you confirm that?

Answer: through Taylor's testimony

Budweiser tshirt==resembles one bought in Walmart in Florida

white cooler-- how do you know it was the same one taken on the trip? Was I forensically examined?

answer==better to ask forensics expert that

black backpack===so was it the same one on the trip?
answer=possibly

so it would have held the jumpsuits, correct? and would have DNA evidence, etc?

answer=possibly...

q=so you would have it tested, correct?

answer=correct

q==[he moves on to the jumpsuit now]

did you submit it for testing?

a=not sure

q= would you agree it would be full of forensic evidence?

a=not sure

[ we can see where this is going]

MM...Judge K already "gently" advised, "Don't alienate the jury....with boring, boring, boring questions." IE, Budweiser is in Missouri=red T-shirt, plaque was from Walmart=look at receipt, black pack blah, blah. I am surprised MM has not bored us with how big a tip Jrr & Cww left at the Chinese restaurant or whether or not he agreed with their YELP review. I bet the sleepy jurors are being fed caffeine tablets and sugar during breaks right now. The rest of us are falling asleep.....yawn, yawn.

Moving fast through topics, IMO, but it's tedious and boring, nevertheless. In my own words --
Mummert is asking Lt. Downs questions about the blue jumpsuit implying it'd be expected to have blood or DNA on it, but Lt. Downs seemed to say not necessarily so. Then on to more questions about TaySho and if she ever mentioned Crime Stoppers to him, and he said no.

Still not understanding why no blood on coveralls. That's what they need to explain.. People bright that up last trial. Maybe that's where we are going
I was just wondering why the coveralls weren't tested for blood. Rodgers jurors said they couldn't even place him in the house? I would have thought there was so much other circumstantial evidence including testimony from Shomaker and others that Rodgers talked to that there would have been no question he was actively involved. At least his conviction was better than nothing, but I was sure there was enough for premeditated murder.

Jumpsuit discarded early July but collected August 25th. Something about Miss Shomaker and running out of money got slipped in there. Then question, "You had to depend on Miss Shomaker to determine when it was discarded?"

help me out here....some on L and E chat are saying that Rodgers might be being framed by wright and Taylor. [because of the jumpsuit and cell, by the sider of the road?]

But am I crazy, or did Rodgers already admit that he was going to Florida to do a burglary, he just wont admit to the murder part?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KMac13