MD - Forbes “30 Under 30” CEO Pava LaPere, 26, found with blunt-force trauma, Baltimore, 25 September 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Baltimore has high crime, I would not consider the area "safe" by most people's standards, by Baltimore standards, is ok but surrounded by worse. She lived and worked in the building and did not have a car, I assume he encountered her inside.
Just for future reference, what are your feelings about safety and Baltimore's Little Italy area?

Not random. previous victims were targeted, suspect knew victim and worked at the building of previous Edmonson Ave crime. well, that explains how he gained access to that building.

Not giving much info about Pava's killing and how she became his next victim or how he accessed HER building?

Did he, as in a previous case, pose as a good Samaritan, or pass himself of as a maintenance man, delivery person, someone needing assistance?

Not random. previous victims were targeted, suspect knew victim and worked at the building of previous Edmonson Ave crime. well, that explains how he gained access to that building.

Not giving much info about Pava's killing and how she became his next victim or how he accessed HER building?

Did he, as in a previous case, pose as a good Samaritan, or pass himself of as a maintenance man, delivery person, someone needing assistance?
That would be my guess, they may not know at this time.

Missed this horrific case, popping by with link..

Billingsley, prime suspect in Pava LaPere's killing, is believed to have raped a mom while her partner watched and then set home on fire​

• Violent felon Jason Billingsley, 32, prime suspect in the brutal murder of a tech startup CEO in Baltimore has finally been arrested after two days on the run
  • the brutal killing of in Baltimore
  • DailyMail.com previously revealed that detectives are probing links between slaying of tech CEO Pava LaPere, 26, and arson attack and sex assault on a young couple
  • Now DailyMail.com can reveal photos of the charred basement where Billingsley is believed to have attacked the couple one week prior to LaPere's murder
By BEN ASHFORD IN BALTIMORE, MARYLAND, FOR DAILYMAIL.COM

PUBLISHED: 08:12 EDT, 28 September 2023
1695915891437.png
1695915961867.png

1695916031667.png1695916046043.png
Billingsley has a criminal record dating back to 2009, and was sentenced to 30 years - but released after only nine

rbbm.
''CNN —
Baltimore police are scrambling to find an “extremely dangerous” man suspected of killing 26-year-old tech CEO Pava LaPere, who was found dead in an apartment building Monday.

The suspect, 32-year-old Jason Dean Billingsley, should be considered armed and dangerous as he is wanted on charges of first-degree murder, assault and other offenses in connection to LaPere’s death, acting Baltimore Police Commissioner Richard Worley said Tuesday.''

''Investigators think Billingsley is still in the Baltimore area and urge anyone who has information on him or his whereabouts to call 911 immediately, Worley said Tuesday.

“This individual will kill, and he will rape,” Worley cautioned, citing the suspect’s criminal record. “He will do anything he can to cause harm.”

rbbm.
''CNN —
Baltimore police are scrambling to find an “extremely dangerous” man suspected of killing 26-year-old tech CEO Pava LaPere, who was found dead in an apartment building Monday.

The suspect, 32-year-old Jason Dean Billingsley, should be considered armed and dangerous as he is wanted on charges of first-degree murder, assault and other offenses in connection to LaPere’s death, acting Baltimore Police Commissioner Richard Worley said Tuesday.''

''Investigators think Billingsley is still in the Baltimore area and urge anyone who has information on him or his whereabouts to call 911 immediately, Worley said Tuesday.

“This individual will kill, and he will rape,” Worley cautioned, citing the suspect’s criminal record. “He will do anything he can to cause harm.”
He's been caught, thread title needs update.

I'm reporting this post.

A man has been arrested in connection with the brutal death of tech CEO Pava LaPere, according to reports from The New York Times, USA Today, and CBS News.

Jason Billingsley, 32, was apprehended at MARC Train Station in Bowie, Maryland, on Wednesday, sources told FOX 45 Baltimore.
Man Arrested Over Death of Tech CEO Pava LaPere, 26, Found Slain in Her Baltimore Apartment

thank goodness. may he never see sunlight as a free man again. He never should have been out to harm again, let's get it right this time justice system!

Authorities said Thursday that Jason Billingsley was the suspect in a Sept. 19 incident at a residence on Edmondson Avenue in West Baltimore. Police said it was a "targeted" incident and they had issued an arrest warrant for Billingsley within hours.

Billingsley was being monitored and surveilled by law enforcement for his connection to the rape when LaPere was killed.

Police said they did not immediately release details about the Sept. 19 because they feared Billingsley would "go underground."

"We knew early on that the risk was when we went public that the suspect would go underground, which is exactly what he did," Acting Commissioner Richard Worley said.

Just for future reference, what are your feelings about safety and Baltimore's Little Italy area?

Iirc the Italian festival is oct 7th, I used to go downtown frequently back in the day, lexington market, inner harbor and little Italy, not any more. Too much crime. I’m about 15 miles or so from Baltimore city.

Jmo

Authorities said Thursday that Jason Billingsley was the suspect in a Sept. 19 incident at a residence on Edmondson Avenue in West Baltimore. Police said it was a "targeted" incident and they had issued an arrest warrant for Billingsley within hours.

Billingsley was being monitored and surveilled by law enforcement for his connection to the rape when LaPere was killed.

Police said they did not immediately release details about the Sept. 19 because they feared Billingsley would "go underground."

"We knew early on that the risk was when we went public that the suspect would go underground, which is exactly what he did," Acting Commissioner Richard Worley said.
What does go underground mean?

Jason Billingsley, who is charged with first-degree murder in the death of 26-year-old Pava LaPere, was released from prison last October after earning good behavior credits to reduce the time he served for the 2013 sexual assault.

During a 2015 court hearing, the judge who sentenced Billingsley asked why he should accept a plea agreement below state guidelines.

“Why? It’s horrible,” Circuit Judge Emanual Brown said, according to a transcript obtained by The Baltimore Banner.

This WP article says he worked at her apartment building.

Sound was not great for me during press conference. I heard that he had done maintenance at he site of the rape/arson crime but did not hear that he had worked at the W. Franklin building. Is this an error? I thought I heard they were still investigating a connection and how he gained access?
I heard he knew/targeted the female rape/arson victim on Edmonson and that he "worked" in the building - so maintenance worker would fit. I was listening closely but heard no reference to if or how he knew Pava or gained entry into her building.

ETA I can't read the WP link because it's paywalled

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abberline vs Edmund Reid
Back