MD - Freddie Gray dies in police custody #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
WRONG. The gangs are shooting and KILLING way way more people than any of the school spree killers ever killed.

to add a link:

http://www.newsweek.com/gun-deaths-us-twice-high-among-african-americans-caucasians-273071

The study linked social networks to fatal shootings in Chicago from 2006 to 2011. Results found that 6 percent of a high-risk, high-crime African-American community in Chicago was involved in 70 percent of the gun-related murders. Additionally, those within that 6 percent had a staggering 900 percent greater chance of being a victim of gun violence than an outsider, and 98 percent of Chicago gangs were linked to the homicide ring examined by researchers.

A report published in The BMJ last week revealed that in the United States firearm-related deaths are twice as high among African-Americans compared with whites. The Columbia University study is the first to not only correlate gun-related deaths to ethnicity but also to group the statistics into state-specific categories.

I'm not sure how this is going to play out, but there seems to have been an active arrest warrant on Freddie Gray.

http://www.rickwells.us/outstanding-active-arrest-warrant-and-knife-arent-sufficient-grounds-for-grays-arrest-madam-prosecutor/
Court records indicate an arrest warrant was issued on March 13th, which if still valid, as it appears from it’s active status, would have also meant the arrest that she describes as “unlawful” in the attached video rant would have been both legal and appropriate.
There's a copy of the warrant at the link.

Law enforcement officers all over the country are quite disheartened by the SA's arrest of the 6 officers. It's really sad. I believe most people, no matter where they live, are law-abiding citizens and want police protection in their communities. The Baltimore government is working contrary to the needs and wants of the citizens. :moo:

I saw the interior of this Baltimore police paddy wagon on TV. It looked like the top inclines as most vans do and it would be impossible to sit up straight on those benches even if belted in. I have brittle bones and would be very uncomfortable sitting back there on a normal ride in those sideways facing seats. Would it cause a life-threatening injury? I really don't know. :moo:

So, I agree with whoever said to get rid of the vans. I also wonder if they have the same type of setup in the rest of the country. :moo:

So, in the PC they said they see many of the same faces that were there on Monday. :scared:

Number of shootings in inner cities has nothing to do with the cultural make up of those inner cities. They are inner cities. That's why there is a large number of shootings. I am sick of people talking they way they are here. People of color do not have some sort of genetic make-up that predisposes them to being a violent gang banger.
Brutal, just brutal the way people are talking.

America is divided folks. Better wake up quick fast and in a hurry.

Of course it is not a color thing. It is an inner city thing. Problem is, in the US, our inner cities are predominately minority based. So it is hard not to mix it up.

If the US gov didn't care what the citizens would accept, Obama would have invaded Syria three years ago. Yes absolutely the citizens have a say. It is the citizens that run the country... Maybe that is being forgotten?

I don't think it's forgotten at all. Jmo.

NYPD sergeant shot in the head in NYC tonight. :sigh:

I believe his fatal injuries occurred when he realized there was another prisoner being put in the van. IMO he to started thrashing about banging his head on the divider trying to be as disruptive as possible, maybe even hoping to get the other passenger to join in and be disruptive. It was all fun and games to him playing injured until he seriously injured himself. Don't get me wrong, I wish that he had not died, but I do think he is more responsible than the officers. If it is true that at every arrest he acts out and asks for medical assistance only to get him medical care and find out he lied then I can see where at first he was acting this time too.

He was unresponsive at the 4th stop before the other passenger was put in the compartment--- nytimes.com

Stop No. 4Ms. Mosby said Officer Goodson was met here by Officers Nero, Miller and Porter. Sgt. Alicia D. White and Officers Porter and Goodson observed “Mr. Gray unresponsive on the floor,” Ms. Mosby said. Sergeant White spoke to the back of Mr. Gray’s head, and he did not respond. “Despite Mr. Gray’s seriously deteriorating medical condition, no medical assistance was rendered or summoned for Mr. Gray at that time by any officer,” Ms. Mosby said. The additional prisoner was loaded into the van on the opposite side. For the fifth time, according to Ms. Mosby, Officer Goodson failed to restrain Mr. Gray with a seatbelt. http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...more-police-department-map-timeline.html?_r=0

So, in the PC they said they see many of the same faces that were there on Monday. :scared:

i dont know i kinda think they are pushing there luck here . This is America, I think they should have lifted the formal curfew, and arrest as needed -- just imo --I think they are "inviting" a bigger problem

Well, if the original number is 98MILLION---then YES, 4,800 is a very small number.

The link said some of those 4,800 are justified. Thus some would have had weapons. I cannot find the earlier article yet, which had a specific number.

Are you saying that 4,800 out of 98, 000, 000 is a large percentage? Because that is how many end in death, including death of an officer, and including those who were armed.

I'm not saying anything regarding the stats - waiting for your promised link addition that the majority were armed. Seems to me that after a number of posts on the subject, you maybe cannot provide such a link. Jmo.

Drugs do kill and he was selling they say, but his mother had that problem being a herion user! just saying

If it is true that at every arrest he acts out

I wonder if that is true - ? does anyone know how to get some his arrest reports- that would be an interesting angle, does not change anything in MO, but sounds like a defense move for the cops lawyers if it is documented anyhwhere.

per fox
His arrest record includes at least 18 arrests:

• March 20, 2015: Possession of a Controlled Dangerous Substance
  • March 13, 2015: Malicious destruction of property, second-degree assault
  • January 20, 2015: Fourth-degree burglary, trespassing
  • January 14, 2015: Possession of a controlled dangerous substance, possession of a controlled dangerous substance with intent to distribute
  • December 31, 2014: Possession of narcotics with intent to distribute
  • December 14, 2014: Possession of a controlled dangerous substance
  • August 31, 2014: Illegal gambling, trespassing
  • January 25, 2014: Possession of marijuana
  • September 28, 2013: Distribution of narcotics, unlawful possession of a controlled dangerous substance, second-degree assault, second-degree escape
  • April 13, 2012: Possession of a controlled dangerous substance with intent to distribute, unlawful possession of a controlled dangerous substance, violation of probation
  • July 16, 2008: Possession of a controlled dangerous substance, possession with intent to distribute
  • March 28, 2008: Unlawful possession of a controlled dangerous substance
  • March 14, 2008: Possession of a controlled dangerous substance with intent to manufacture and distribute
  • February 11, 2008: Unlawful possession of a controlled dangerous substance, possession of a controlled dangerous substance
  • August 29, 2007: Possession of a controlled dangerous substance with intent to distribute, violation of probation
  • August 28, 2007: Possession of marijuana
  • August 23, 2007: False statement to a peace officer, unlawful possession of a controlled dangerous substance
  • July 16, 2007: Possession of a controlled dangerous substance with intent to distribute, unlawful possession of a controlled dangerous substance (2 counts)

http://nation.foxnews.com/2015/04/30/freddie-gray-arrest-record-criminal-history-rap-sheet

i dont know i kinda think they are pushing there luck here . This is America, I think they should have lifted the formal curfew, and arrest as needed -- just imo --I think they are "inviting" a bigger problem

No kidding? Lift the curfew and arrest as needed? Uh, who is going to tell LE what they are allowed to arrest for? They must be wondering by now.

o/t ?? Report that an officer was shot in the head in Queens, NY. He must have done something wrong!

Number of shootings in inner cities has nothing to do with the cultural make up of those inner cities. They are inner cities. That's why there is a large number of shootings. I am sick of people talking the way they are here. People of color do not have some sort of genetic make-up that predisposes them to being a violent gang banger.
Brutal, just brutal the way people are talking.

America is divided folks. Better wake up quick, fast and in a hurry.

Do you have a link that states which race commits more violent crimes including the race of the victims? tia

Who has said anyone has a genetic makeup that makes them a gangbanger?

What do you mean we need to wake up quick, fast, and in a hurry? What's going to happen? Or else what?

Do you think there is going to be more murders or violent crimes? I'm not sure I understand what you mean by your last sentence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme