GUILTY MD - Sarah Foxwell, 11, Salisbury, 23 Dec 2009

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I wonder if Sarah is still alive and she is where ever he had her before he got arrested. It's interesting that she took her tooth brush with her. Did he tell her some story to get her out of the house and told her that she would be spending the night or they would be going on a long drive? I just find it strange that she took her tooth brush.

It seems though that if she were alive and since he hasn't returned she would call home unless she is afraid she will be in trouble. Unless he left her out in the woods somewhere she should be able to reach a phone. It would be so wonderful if she were alive and just afraid to come home because she left with this pervert. I wonder where he would have left her...whose home or cabin or in a motel? I wonder if LE have been through the home he lives in and if they have done a through search? Where could he have left her? He was planning to go back but he got busted so there is a chance she is still alive somewhere. I sure hope so.

bobbisangle; I sure hope you are correct and they find her alive!

I wonder if Sarah is still alive and she is where ever he had her before he got arrested. It's interesting that she took her tooth brush with her. Did he tell her some story to get her out of the house and told her that she would be spending the night or they would be going on a long drive? I just find it strange that she took her tooth brush.

It seems though that if she were alive and since he hasn't returned she would call home unless she is afraid she will be in trouble. Unless he left her out in the woods somewhere she should be able to reach a phone. It would be so wonderful if she were alive and just afraid to come home because she left with this pervert. I wonder where he would have left her...whose home or cabin or in a motel? I wonder if LE have been through the home he lives in and if they have done a through search? Where could he have left her? He was planning to go back but he got busted so there is a chance she is still alive somewhere. I sure hope so.

Scary thought is, what if he had her take it in some twisted but lame-brained, poorly thought out plan that if he took the tooth brush, he was taking a source of HER DNA that could be matched to any evidence found later on him or on his belongings. Sick .... Just- :banghead:

Stupid question. Are we absolutely sure this guy had her to begin with?
I don't see anything that says he didn't take her, but evidence that she had been in his truck doesn't really prove much for me.
I am sure they have more than that, but it seems that as there are more of these cases, LE is desperate to close them faster and make the arrests faster.

Not that this guy isn't a sicko or that he ever should have been around kids, but are we sure that they aren't barking up the wrong tree?

There are a few things I really don't understand here like why didn't the 6 year old say anything till the next morning that Sarah was gone? Most 6 year olds are talkers and you would think she missed her sister not being in the room with her.
I really don't understand why LE don't put two huge prisoners that hate child molesters in the cell with this pervert till he talks. Make him talk!!!

Stupid question. Are we absolutely sure this guy had her to begin with?
I don't see anything that says he didn't take her, but evidence that she had been in his truck doesn't really prove much for me.
I am sure they have more than that, but it seems that as there are more of these cases, LE is desperate to close them faster and make the arrests faster.

Not that this guy isn't a sicko or that he ever should have been around kids, but are we sure that they aren't barking up the wrong tree?

The little sister woke up in the night and saw Sarah leaving with 'Tommy.' It is in news reports, this one among others:

http://www.delmarvanow.com/article/20091225/NEWS01/912250301/-1/newsfront2

Thanks,
Soulscape

Thanks, Soulscape. I had missed that one.
Well, then this probably is as bad as it looks.

God Bless all these volunteers for giving up their Christmas Day celebration to help locate this missing child.

I'll pray for a miracle that they somehow, find Sarah alive.

fran

http://www.wgmd.com/2009122528735/update-thousands-turn-out-to-help-search-for-sarah.html

UPDATE: Thousands turn out to help search for Sarah

Friday, 25 December 2009

Over 3,000 people turned out at Perdue Stadium early this morning to help search for Sarah Foxwell. Police say they have enough people – and that they don’t need any more people to help in the search. However if you do still want to help – what is needed is bottled water for the search teams already out and those at the command post. Water can be dropped off at Perdue Stadium.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<more at link>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Scary thought is, what if he had her take it in some twisted but lame-brained, poorly thought out plan that if he took the tooth brush, he was taking a source of HER DNA that could be matched to any evidence found later on him or on his belongings. Sick .... Just- :banghead:

that is what just ran through my mind too when i read that she took her toothbtush...im mad that it is christmas day and this A-hole wont give it up :furious:

God Bless all these volunteers for giving up their Christmas Day celebration to help locate this missing child.

I'll pray for a miracle that they somehow, find Sarah alive.

fran

http://www.wgmd.com/2009122528735/update-thousands-turn-out-to-help-search-for-sarah.html

UPDATE: Thousands turn out to help search for Sarah

Friday, 25 December 2009

Over 3,000 people turned out at Perdue Stadium early this morning to help search for Sarah Foxwell. Police say they have enough people – and that they don’t need any more people to help in the search. However if you do still want to help – what is needed is bottled water for the search teams already out and those at the command post. Water can be dropped off at Perdue Stadium.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<more at link>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Now this is really the spirit of giving! Bless them all.

Still no word on Sarah this AM - checking the news sites it seems that between 1 and 3 thousand people have shown up to help search for Sarah. People are being asked to search their properties to include farm fields and wooded areas of properties and to place a red flag on the property when done.

The search is on in full force. Thanks folks in Salisbury and surrounding communities for trying to find Sarah. Rain is moving in and this will become very difficult - don't give up.

Bump - Any news?

Wicomico County Sheriff Mike Lewis said search and rescue teams are combing all of Wicomico County- including a number of bodies of water- in an effort to find Sarah. He noted that the search is particularly focused on the northern and northeastern areas of the county.
"This is a land and air search," Lewis said. "We have several helicopters in the air and we're receiving help from surrounding counties." He also noted that the Salisbury Fire Department's dive team is assisting in the search.
Lewis vowed that the search for Sarah will continue until she is found.
"We will not surrender. We will not discontinue our search," Lewis said Thursday. "We are committed to this."
http://www.wboc.com/global/story.asp?s=117294533

also from above:

"The suspect remains uncooperative. He has been of no assistance to our investigation," Lewis said. He also noted that Leggs was developed as a suspect early on, before police knew the extent of his criminal background.
"We have significant evidence to charge him [with the abduction]," Lewis said.
Lewis said he has met with Sarah's family, who he described as "devastated" over the child's disappearance. He said her family has been "very cooperative" in the investigation.

That 3000 people gave up their Christmas morning to search for this little angel is a testament to the goodness of people, even amongst all the evil in this world. Good does triumph.

As volunteers trudged through muddy terrain, Wicomico County Sheriff Mike Lewis on Friday asked property owners in the county to scour their own fields, woodlands and yards for the girl. He asked owners to display a red flag or red article of clothing on their mail boxes or other areas to alert law enforcement that the area had been searched.

Davis Ruark, state's attorney for Wicomico County, gave morning volunteers gathered in the stadium instructions on how not to contaminate crime scenes. His words included explicit advice to "not touch any potential body that might be found," but he also said officials had not given up hope for Sarah, saying it's "our hope and our prayer that she's still alive."

Later, Ruark marvelled at the turnout, as volunteers arrived from as far as Massachusetts and a 16-person dive team was dispatched from Baltimore. "I have never seen anything like this in all my years of being state's attorney," he said. "The community has just risen to the occasion."

{snip}

Sarah's younger sister told police she saw the girl leave the bedroom with the man they knew as "Tommy," according to police and court documents. Leggs, who works in his family's custom cabinet business, recently dated the girl's aunt, who is the guardian for Sarah and two of her siblings, Wendlandt said. Another relative discovered Sarah missing in the morning, he said.

Leggs knew the family kept a spare key under a pot on the porch of the home, according to court documents.

Leggs "was developed as a suspect early on in the investigation before we were aware of his criminal background, but he does have a criminal history to include third- and fourth-degree sex offenses of small, young females," said Wicomico County Sheriff Mike Lewis.

The girl's aunt, Amy Fothergill, said Sarah's green toothbrush was missing from the home, and police found it along with a lollipop in Leggs' 2003 champagne-colored Dodge pickup, according to documents. Leggs, who agreed to go to the sheriff's office for questioning, was wearing an outfit similar to what the younger girl said the man in the bedroom had on, according to documents.

Leggs told deputies that he had last driven the pickup about 1 a.m. Wednesday when he left a nearby bar.

{snip}
According to charging documents, Fothergill dated Leggs "for a short period of time a month or so ago and ... Leggs just stopped contacting her." Fothergill told police that she knew that Leggs was a registered sex offender.

Reached by phone Thursday night, Fothergill passed the phone to a sheriff's deputy who said that she declined to comment. Court records indicate that she sued her sister for unpaid child support for Sarah and five other children in February 2008.
http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/bal-salisbury-missing-girl1225,0,2414688.story?page=2

33olmac.jpg

There were between 3,000 to 4,000 volunteers that showed up at Perdue Stadium at 6:30 this morning and hundreds more continue to show up throughout the day so far. As you can see from the photos above, thousands were inside the stadium while thousands more were still lining up and signing up to get in.

At one point, (as many of you know) we ran out of bottled water and wouldn't you know it, as soon as everyone heard, people came in, (in some cases by the truck load) and delivered at least 600 cases of water, THANK YOU! Culligan, Shore Water and Canada Dry showed up almost immediately in trucks, it was just unbelievable.

Food is a big priority right now, (also mentioned earlier). Look, I just can't thank you folks enough. Just think about this for a minute, if you will. This is Christmas Day and literally thousands upon thousands of people are doing everything in their powers to help look for this child. May God Bless You All.
(snip)
http://sbynews.blogspot.com/2009/12/3000-volunteers-showed-up-christmas.html

Checking in to see if any news on this beautiful child.

A huge 'thanks' to each and every person taking the time to search and give.

Searchers have been sent home from the staging location.

Press conference set for 1430 this afternoon - approximately 25 minutes from now.

Praying for good news, scared it is not.

ETA - from the press conference at 1430:

LE is focusing now on an area near the intersection of Melson Road and N. Rum Ridge Road - investigation and some leads have led to this area of focus. This is near the Maryland/Delaware State Line. Delaware HP is assisting and providing helicopter support.

Of the volunteers sent home - cell phone numbers were collected and persons will be contacted if/when needed, the search continues and plans for searches have been made to account for the rest of today and tomorrow.

LE is still asking people to search their properties and post a red display- ribbon, bow, flag, whatever as long as it is red when done.

LE also indicated that other victims of TJ Leggs have been identified and are being interviewed.

LE says this remains a search and rescue mission. IT IS NOT YET Classified as a recovery mission.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop
Back